Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Halloween Police Episode 6 Part 3 (Abridged)

Toyosu
Li Chou: THE TREASURE SHIP IS IN TOKYO I AM GOING TO PISS MYSELF
Arc: I've confirmed the party is present too! Also, Hotei is glowing for some reason!
Dagon: Wait how is he up there if his body is over here!?
Kioh
Magami: Everyone, there's a ship shining in the sky!
Tajikarao: It's the legendary dream-crossing, luck-bringing ship!
Daikoku: ...oh.
Yoyogi
Durga: OMGWAT
Ashigara, Wakan Tanka, Daisuke: HWUUUT
Daikanyama
Maria: Look!
Arslan: Nice
Zabaniya: It's like a dream...I feel its faith. It can make anyone think this is all a dream.

Ueno
Cu Sith: Wooow! Look Leib!
Leib: Yeah yeah I'm looking. I'll be damned, Alp did it.
Umamichi
Hanuman: MIND BLOWN
Nezha: I wanna ride that ship and crash it!
Motosumi: Wow. Quick, pray to it!
Sarutahiko, Gouryou, and Tetsugyuu: worship, worship...
Somewhere in Tokyo
Tricksters: whooooa! Best trick ever!
Umamichi again
Harlot: The children are smiling. Good job MC.
Shinjuku
Ryouta: you guys look there's a ship shining in the sky!
The gang plus Sandayu: :D 8O :] :O

Back to the party
Ebisu: Hotei!
Hotei: (nods)
Hotei: Showtime! Hotei's bag, perfect form! ...one, two, THREE!
Hotei's artifact has the same power to collect negative emotions and nightmares the Treasure Ship does. It is a bag that holds necessary material things for traveling and it is a bag that holds immaterial things like fortune and madness. And now that Hotei and Kaishi have fused, the bag can now hold anything.
Hotei: Here we go! Take in all the negative feelings!
(The people's fears, anger, madness, and nightmares get taken into the bag)
Ebisu: Hotei, Alp can't hold out much more!
Alp: I can still do it!
Touji: Do it, Hotei!
Hotei: WHEEEEW! Okay thanks, Alp! Take us to my dream!
Toyosu
Dagon: Hey they're gone. Did they go back to the dream world?

(The party takes a short break. Everyone is side-eyeing Hotei's bag.)
Azathoth: so what now? Dump it overboard since we're in a dream?
Hotei: NOOOO! We gotta finish this for real!
MC: but aren't we already done?
Hotei: no I just concentrated all that anger into one place. now it has to be calmed down.
Touji: So, what? We deify it?
Hotei: Maybe! Okay I'm worried now.
Azathoth: LMAO of course you would! (nods)
Touji: ...what does that mean?
Azathoth: you guys we are so close to a bad ending here. The bag can take in anything, material or not, right? Anything able to take in any class or power into itself would have to be an All-Mighty All-Knowing being! Look here it comes!
MC: wait what
Suddenly...
Giant Hotei: WHAT THE HELL Y'ALL

Party: !?
Azathoth: LMFAO what a dumb looking god! Still a real god though even if this is the best the VR goggles can show us
The bag artifact has amassed a large amount of faith. It is a power without borders or limits, a dangerous being that can destroy Tokyo's System. As is, it is as powerful as an Exception that can't be summoned in Tokyo.
MC: a giant Hotei! What do we do!?
Azathoth: lul I got this, I have experience with this situation! Follow my lead!
Hotei: Fine! We finish this, it'll be all over! Last battle for the Halloween Police!
Touji: this has been a farce the whole way through. But fine, I'll stick it out to the end!
Alp: Tee hee, the Halloween Police protect the peace even in dreams
Ebisu: So if we win, the prank incident should stop and Shinjuku can do its Halloween festival too.
Azathoth: okay once the party's formed, bailing out is a dick move! We're in it all the way!
(The party looks at one another and grabs their shining badge)
MC: HEN! SHIN!
(The party transforms)
Party: Halloween Police, last battle go!
BATTLE START (more happens afterwards)

Kaishi: Pain and suffering is in every world I go to. I was born in Hourai, and wandered around everywhere with just my bag. My bag had the strange power to store suffering and anxiety, meant to help those carrying maddening amounts of grief and spread the word of Buddha. But again pain and suffering was everywhere, and my bag just kept filling up with the stuff. The more there was, the slower I walked. On the other hand, there'd one day be a person revered in another world who walked alone based only on my reputation, Hotei the avatar of the Maitreya Buddha. They'd say his bag is a lucky bag that holds fortune, and they'd talk about him as if he were someone completely different. What was I? Chopped liver? Maybe I'd start to hate him some day. Then one day I found a rainbow bridge. I couldn't cross it because I was carrying too much. That was when my other self appeared.

Flashback some time later
Hotei: Howdy doody, thanks a bunch! Workin' hard or hardly workin'?
Kaishi (narrating): This is so unbelievable that I voiced the wish I'd given up on.
Hotei: Now hold yer horses, boy! It's unreasonable to want to make everyone sufferin' smile. You ain't smilin'. How could anyone feel better if you tried to help lookin' like that?
Kaishi: I ain't...? (oh my god when did I stop smiling?)
Hotei: Y'know what? I'll go with you! I wanna make people smile too!
Kaishi: You do?
Hotei: This has gotta be fate! We have the same looking bags and all! And y'know what? Laughter will save the world!

Kaishi (narrating): I laughed. It's been so long since I've thought about that. It's funny how I was saved by a faith-based being with no real body born from myself like you. So we crossed the rainbow bridge together...except I fell off. Now I know that the world somebody wanted the two of us to walk different paths and divide the power to store dreams and reality. Maybe you meeting me made your goals and memory change, but I still pray for your safety. Let me thank you for saving me and giving me back my smile.

The present
Giant Hotei: WHAT THE HELL Y'ALL (continues rampaging for no apparent reason)
Touji: Being angry all the time isn't appropriate for Halloween! Time for an attitude adjustment, then some candy! My exorcist--actually, my Demonic Nature of Oni power will cut you down! (cuts a big hole and destroys a small part of Giant Hotei)
Touji: Not enough, huh? Whatever, it'll be over soon.
Giant Hotei: WHAT THE HELL Y'ALL (swings around causing shockwaves)
Alp: Stop that! Let's have fun with my dancing, yo! (summons winds with his dance to deflect the shockwaves)
Alp: YAY! My dancing is invincible in the dream world!

Ebisu: Wow he's so energetic. Well it is Halloween. My turn! True Ebisu-maki, go!
Dark hands from Ebisu's necklace take the Ebisu-maki to Giant Hotei.
Giant Hotei: WHAT THE HELL Y'ALL (gulp) THAT'S GOOD Y'ALL (partly dissipates into light)
Ebisu: Ehehe. Did you like it?
Azathoth: top kek, I bet you don't know what the purpose was in everyone doing what they were doing, huh new god?
MC: no really, is there a point? is this okay Azathoth? I mean we are following your instructions
Azathoth: yeah it's good. You know why the last boss is giving into insanity? Because it can't do anything if it doesn't pretend to be mad lmao! All according to keiken! (keiken means experience lol)
If a person becomes capable of doing anything, then nothing they do matters. In that case, they disappear as a matter of course.

Azathoth: that's why it keeps going on with the insanity. It's the same thing as doing a self-imposed challenge run on a game you platinum trophied! And that means stopping this thing is a matter of making it stop acting insane.
If cause and effect is in place, the madness will disappear. Trick or Treat!
Azathoth: take this candy! (finger snaps and turns Giant Hotei into candy)
Giant Hotei: WHAT THE HELL Y'ALL
Azathoth: it doesn't mean anything, it's Halloween. don't think about it.
Hotei: Y'all are making me uncomfortable with your follow-ups! And why does it look like me? What the hell y'all!?
MC: god you're late to the party / well it's easy to figure out / it's nice that it's easy to play off that
Hotei: that ain't a compliment at all, is it!?

Giant Hotei attempts to squish Hotei and MC with his hands.
MC: it being mad all the time makes it easy to ready. let's go! (super jumps) I'm gonna cut everyone's prankster mindset. Now CHIIIIIILLL! (cuts Giant Hotei's bag to split it back into dreams and reality)
Hotei and Giant Hotei: OW
Hotei: oh uh I'm not really hurt. Except maybe in my heart!
Azathoth: yeah a real god isn't that easy to attack, but that thing is different.
Even in a world that lost its borders between dream and reality, the people can tell themselves apart from one another. Hotei is from the dream side and Kaishi is from the physical side, so that border can be cut.
Azathoth: not bad you lazy deadbeat
Hotei: okay finally it's almost over. I'm gonna take the best part here!

Giant Hotei is half dispelled of the madness creating it, making it unstable and struggling to maintain itself.
Giant Hotei: why...tricks should be...okay...
Hotei: Prankster Halloween ends here, but that ain't the end of Halloween. After trick comes treat, and smiles wait for everyone! (pulls out his anchor artifact)
Hotei: and now for my next trick! (sends chains out from the anchor to tie up Giant Hotei)
Giant Hotei: why
Hotei's eyes are filled with compassion and the desire to save people. But are they his feelings or Kaishi's?
Hotei: OKAY WOW THIS IS HEAVY

MC: ...I'll help
Hotei: Thanks MC!
Azathoth: hey new guy! hint for you! you don't have to clear all the challenge mode quests on your own. If something's heavy you can just share the weight with someone! Not like I knew that back then myself but whatevs. It'd have been great if you figured that out before I did!
Hotei: Noble Phantasm, activate! Sink, o anchor! Sink, o anger so fortune will come calling! Benevolence Anchor: The Greatest Anchor!
This is one of the artifacts held by the Seven Lucky Gods member Hotei, the thing that plunges deep into dreams and appeases negative emotions. And so the divided fragment of Hotei and Kaishi's artifact sank into the bottom of the sea of dreams...

Later, at Toyosu
Surtr: Welcome back. Good job boys, Tokyo should calm down soon.
Arc: welcome back Azathoth. Had a nice adventure?
Li Chou: hell yeah, mad props bro!
Aegir: hell of a job you guys did! I was damned surprised when the Treasure Ship appeared in Tokyo!
Dagon: the net rumors are tying themselves up, so the children must be helping to put a stop to them
Touji: Hey my oni side fell asleep. Must have tired himself out. ...thanks, see you next time. Happy Halloween.
Hougen: good job everybody!
Touji: Master, why are you here!?
Hougen: well things cleared up all at once, even all the calls. Now I can enjoy the sexy Halloween costumes aga--I MEAN I was worried about you guys, yup!
Touji: I'm so touched by your concern!

Toyosu campus grounds
Harlot (with Ziz and Shennong): nice work MC. Everything work out okay?
MC: you guys! / hi, yeah. and you guys?
Harlot: yes we had it hard too, so we had to split ourselves up. Show us some appreciation later, okay? Is it going to be a cute trick or some sweet candy? Tee hee.
Touji: Case closed, time to retire the Halloween Po--
Hotei: but Halloween ain't over yet!
Alp: Yeah! Ueno's getting rave reviews! I gotta go back and put my dance show on!
Ebisu: I have to cook more Ebisu-maki. I know I'm an organizer but I still feel bad for the others.
MC: Shinjuku can do its own Halloween Festival too now! Gotta make it a success!

Hotei: okay, how about we check out Toyosu's Halloween festival?
Azathoth: I'm so in! I want more pumpkin pie!
Alp: Yay, let's go eat together! Oh wait, but first...
Hotei: haha, got to end this right!
MC: All together!
Party: Halloween Police! Protecting Halloween's peace!
Everyone laughs, and tomorrow Shinjuku's Halloween will finally begin
To be continued in the Epilogue!

1 comment: