Saturday, January 8, 2022

Christmas Showdown Prologue Part 1 (Abridged)

One winter at Santa School, some stranger left a card on the headmaster's office door. "The Holy Night is mine."
The next day, Ded gathers his students and brings in the police.

White: Everyone it will be okay the police will take care of it. They're looking into why anyone would do this and who it'd be. I bet they're after my bag. The Kioh police students will be guarding the place, so let's keep on schedule like normal.
Girl A: Phantom thieves? Really?
Guy B: look at all the guards they're totes gonna be caught
Girl C: bitch they're trying to ruin Christmas, I'm gonna kick their ass!
Wolf D: yeah headmaster, let us help!
Tanngrisnir: Stop, please stop everyone!
(Bang)
Black (standing on a desk): That's right maggots, no Black Santa's gonna run from this thief! Santas and Reindeer focus on the sendoff ceremony. Black Santas help the police. But focus on your own safety if it gets nasty! We got police all over the school. Everything runs like normal!
Students: YEEEEAAAH

Later
Tanngrisnir: Ded is it really okay for the Black Santa students to help? I know this isn't a real incident but they could still get hurt.
Black: APP MAGIC. Also this will be good practice. Who knows what naughty kids out there are plotting?
Hougen: I'm still surprised you agreed to our combined school surprise crime prevention drill suggestion.
Black: As Santas, we gotta go everywhere to give the little kiddies happiness, and that might mean going to somewhere dangerous. Doing something safer would be good to prepare them. And once we're done we'll all have a big party.
Hougen: Cool. Our students need a reward for the year too.
Tanngrisnir: Who is the thief in this setup going to be anyway?
Black: Not a normal actor or someone from this school, 'cuz Tomte's artifact would notice. Hougen's gonna get some pros to do it. Oh but don't tell anyone else. We won't tell you anything more than this either so you can act out your own part more easily.
Tanngrisnir: So I'm looking after the students and working on Christmas preparations?
Black: Yep!

Days later, at Shinjuku
Ryouta: (sings about Christmas)
MC: oh look it's that time of the year again
Ryouta: hey MC whatcha gonna do for Christmas this year? Wanna have a party with everyone in the guild?
Kengo: Nice! Make it a big party!
Shirou: Sure, Christmas only comes once a year. You ARE going to help set up, right Kengo?
Kengo: (runs)
Ryouta: Touji, Moritaka! What about you guys?
Moritaka: I'll go! How about you Touji?
Touji:
Ryouta: Touji can you hear me now
Touji: What? Oh, Christmas? I need to check my schedule.
Ryouta: Okay! You can come late if you have things to do.
Touji: ...
MC: ...? 

After class
MC: Touji!
Touji: Sorry I have things to do, tell me tom--
MC: Is something up? Let's talk about it.
Touji: Oh, I worried you. You're observant. It's nothing, don't worry about me.
MC: well okay? / really? / (stare)
Touji: w-what?
Touji thinks to himself, then takes a deep breath.
Touji: I suppose I should tell you. Let's talk elsewhere.

Vending machine corner
Touji checks to make sure no one else is around.

Touji: Okay I'm about to tell you strictly confidential information. Don't tell anyone, not even the others in the guild.
MC: ...okay / yeah sure whatever / (nod)
(B) Touji: I am regretting this decision already. I said don't tell.

Touji: So Hougen has me on this one case. Someone sent a calling card to Santa School the other day and the police are on alert. Kioh police trainees are acting as security over there. Ded says he doesn't want this to blow up on the media, so we're keeping this from the public.
MC: oh my god! / so that's why there isn't any news on that / (shocked)
Touji: That's why I couldn't give Ryouta an answer earlier today. We're going to catch the thief for sure, but I may be out a while until then. I'll be back when it's over, don't worry. I'm going to go now, don't tell any--
MC: lemme come too (grabs Touji's sleeve)
Touji: What? No! I told you what's happening but I wasn't planning to involve you!
MC: but I have to help! (pulls harder on Touji's sleeve)
Touji: MC...you're going to come even if I just left, aren't you? Let me try calling Hougen then.

Later
Hougen: Hi MC, nice ass
White: Hello MC, sorry for the surprise. I tried to cause as little worry for children as I could.
MC: well I'm already involved / please let me help! / (wait and listen)
White: You are such a sweet child. But could you wait a moment?
Hougen: Okay Touji I'll talk to MC about the case. Go patrol or something.
Touji: I'm so sorry to bother you.
Hougen: Eh, MC's involved with a lot of stuff at the station! Fate would drag them in even if we tried to keep them away. Happens all the time. You troublemaker, you.
MC: tee hee whoops / sorry / (play dumb)
(A) Hougen: That wasn't a compliment. Students trying to pull one out from under their teacher can be such a bother.
(B) Hougen: Haha, well that level of shenanigans makes working you over worth it as a teacher

Hougen: Touji you were correct in bringing MC to me so I could also handle how this goes.
Touji: ...thank you. Excuse me.
Hougen: Okay now that Touji is gone...
Hougen: I'M SO SORRY MC
MC: WAIT WHAT
Hougen: actually maybe things working out this way is for the best. Better to have you join in early than stick your nose in later.
White: Let me explain. So what Touji doesn't know is...

One explanation later
MC: what do you mean this is a fake incident!?
Hougen: yep that's what Kioh and Santa School are doing together this year.
White: We're doing this to give the police students practice and make the Santa students more cautious. It may upset some of them for a few days, so the teachers will be paying attention and supporting them. Once it's over we'll reward them and do the sendoff ceremony as usual.
MC: oh okay / sounds rough
Hougen: so MC, can you keep this all a secret for now
MC: (nod)
???: Ooh what a lovely, unusual introduction. Why don't I help out too?
MC: what a cute voice / what an elegant voice

(A) Kid Ose / (B) Adult Ose
???: Not looking bashful at a time like this? Not bad.
Suddenly Ose
Ose: Hi, nice meeting you. Call me Odell. I'm here to help with the drill. I've heard about you from Ded and Hougen, MC. I'm going to put my obligations aside for a moment and make this drill a success. Happy to be here!
MC: oh, well nice to meet you! / haven't we met? / (wait isn't his name something else?)
(B): Ose: Oh, so you think we've met before? I'm honored to have you interested in me so quickly.
(C) Ose: Oh my, such rapt attention you're giving me. I bet you're wondering if we met before. It's a pick-up line I use a lot, like 'hey we've been reborn and meet again,' heh.

Ose: So anyways the police are still looking for people to be the thief in this scenario. You want to join in on the whole thing? It'll make for a new stimulating experience. (smiles at MC before turning to Ded and Hougen) What do you two think? You know what they're like.
White and Hougen: hmmmm
White: Well they can, but that depends if they want to. Is that okay with you, Hougen?
Hougen: Alright! So what do you say MC?
MC: okay! / okay, if I can see the Santa sendoff later / (nod)
(AC) White: Thank you! Talk to me if you have any questions later.
(B) White: Of course! Come see when things are done.

Hougen: time to explain what's going on some more
White: Tanngrisnir, Hougen, and I are the only ones beforehand who know this is all staged. Hougen and I are the only ones to know there will be people from outside working on this incident too.
Hougen: the less people who know, the better it'll make for practice. Anyways, the setup is split between the police guards and the thief sides. All the thieves are participants from outside the school. The police side is a mix of police students and external cooperators.
Ose: Right now the extra cooperators are me and Jiraiya. You know him? He's a classmate of mine actually. You can probably figure out who is going to be on which side.
Hougen: I asked someone else to help, but I haven't heard back yet.
White: We won't be telling who is helping and on what side they're on until the final night. Also, we can add more people to either side if I'm informed before then. If the police side figures out who the thieves are, they can catch them early. And if they're all caught, practice will be over. Understand?
MC: Yep! / One more time please
(B) White: Okay. (back to the top)

White: Okay now MC. You can be on either side, but you can't change it until it's over. Also you don't need to decide now, go think on it a bit.
Hougen: I wonder which side you'll pick?
Ose: I'm going to go now. I'm curious which part of the board we'll be on when we see each other again. Oh, one bit of advice: beware of insincere information sources. They're always looking for opportunities to benefit themselves, like crows. You never know when someone is going to come in and try to steal something from you. Hm? Like me? Okay yes, like me I suppose. Bye.
MC leaves later too.
End of Episode Part

No comments:

Post a Comment