Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Halloween Police Epilogue (Abridged)

The weekend after the prankster incident. Clear skies, fireworks sounds, bright sunshine!
At Shinjuku
Ziz (over the PA): Hello thank you for coming on the last day of the Shinjuku Halloween Festival. Every other school is done with their festivals and volunteers are over here now. Please see a staff member if you find a lost child or have a problem. Have fun!
Ziz and Shennong: now what do we say on Halloween?
Nezha, Ashigara, and Sanat Kumara: Trick or Treat! Happy Halloween!
Ziz: time to start the last festival day!
Arslan: finish strong people!
Vending Machine: beep boop welcome y'all. Halloween treats and stamp cards for everyone!
Random kids: yay!
Vending Machine: have fun y'all!

Later
Boy A: u gaiz I filled out the stamp card and they gave me so much candy
Boy B: cool let's go everywhere!
Ryouta: don't run and fall! be good, kids!
Chouji: there's plenty of sweets! Enjoy!
Maria: Oh Chouji your food is always so delicious! It's nice being on the customer side for once. Also I have pudding for people.
Kids: yay!

Classroom
Shirou: Happy Halloween! Welcome, try our handmade pumpkin cookies!
Evils: shriek
Leib: nice. maybe I'll buy some for the enclosed life form science department...actually would it be fine to give them pumpkin stuff? seems unbalanced.
Shirou: How about this Ainu pumpkin rataskep?
Leib: boiled pumpkin? Ooh, nutty.
Shirou: Kimun Kamui taught us how to make it
Behemoth: check out our handmade mini-plushes, dudes!
Oniwaka: !
Oniwaka: I heard Master's school was doing a festival...I'll take one!
Behemoth and random classmates: Thank you! Yisss! 

School's front gate
Cu Sith, Arslan, and Zabaniya: Boo! Trick or--
Random Kids: wow real monsters! Trick or Treat!
Cu Sith: hey wait they trick or treated us first. oh okay where's that candy
Arslan: Wahaha, nice! Here you go.
Zabaniya: Happy Halloween. Don't go overboard with the tricks.
Random Kids: yay! here's candy for you guys too! No tricks from anybody!
Arslan: wow, nice! keep that consideration in your hearts, kiddos!
Zabaniya: ...thank you. This is kind of embarrassing.
Cu Sith: let's play! the next stamp is...over there! they have good sweets at each stamp place!

School roof
Alice: new jobs for the Halloween detective. and lots of new assistants too, right?
Hanuman: yes I'll be good and help if you give me candy!
Nezha: I'll play tricks if you don't give me treats! and if you do I'll be quiet ha ha.
Sarutahiko: sorry about my schoolmates have a free ticket to my bathhouse
Alice: smooth. Okay then, Assistant #1, give them candy. Also randomly passing Jambavan make us all tea.
Volos and Jambavan: Okay!
Jambavan: WAIT WHY AM I DOING THIS I'M JUST HERE FOR FUN
Volos: sorry friends, we need hot drinks since it's chilly up here
Makara: ooh this smells nice. Also you two look like you're having fun, Eita and Captain.
Ahab: I can't believe you guys dragged me from a nap on my ship to chaperone
Eita: hey where's Ebisu's stall? I came to cheer for him!
Gouryou: Babe alert!

Front gate again
Ebisu: Hello this is a stamp rally point! I'm here on business from Toyosu Marine Academy!
Tetsugyuu: I'm here from Umamichi! We have grilled whatever!
Yasuyori: pumpkin chanko from Yoyogi's sumo team! come get some!
Chernobog: hello and welcome. The Shinjuku Mountaineer club offers a pumpkin stew for you to feast on!
Ebisu: oh a new delivery order! Delivery people, thank you!
Tanngrisnir: Gullinbursti I challenge you to a delivery race!
Gullinbursti: bring it on
Both zoom off.
Durga: OMG they're fast, I can't let myself lose! But first an Ebisu-maki...they're so good.
Ebisu: thanks Durga! I have more if you want any.
Durga: oh but then I'd be number one in calorie count. ugh why does that have to be a thing
Ebisu: oh I just noticed my necklace fell off
Durga: oh my god Ebisu there was a dark hand just behind you what was that
Ebisu: huh, was someone there? did they undo the necklace? oh no wait I have customers!

Eita: yo hottie wanna eat an Ebisu-maki with me on the grass?
Gouryou: hey good lookin', wanna get grilled squid with me?
Harlot: you what pig
Gouryou: FORGIVE ME I HAVE THE WRONG PERSON Eita wegottagonow
Eita: but I didn't even score yet!
Harlot: ooh, Patissier Iimori is open. Sorry to make you carry stuff Arc.
Arc: it's cool mom. helping like this is what families do.
Harlot: good child. let's have something to eat when we get back to our seats.
Azathoth: god I'm finally back. Gimme pumpkin pie and cookies!
Surtr: Surprising. Did you always like pumpkin that much?
Azathoth: well they ain't bad. Memory correction maybe?
Surtr: I see. Then Father shall make a full course pumpkin dinner tonight!
Harlot: Oh, so you do come up with good ideas from time to time. We could have pumpkin gratin and stuff.
Arc: umm dad, a request?
Surtr: I understand. I'll make you your favorite macoroni gratin in Béchamel sauce
Arc: o-oh, thank you for that too but...can I invite friends over?
Surtr: Of course!
Harlot: how nice...maybe I should make something too.
Arc and Surtr: NO
Azathoth: LMFAO

Inside
Li Chou: Motosumi
Motosumi: what
Li: It is HALLOWEEN WHY ARE WE BABYSITTING!?
Motosumi: PIPE DOWN JACKASS WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO WHEN THEY ASKED ME TO DO THAT
Li: but you're even louder than me! ugh I'm getting more candy as we go around
Motosumi: we work good together! how about I treat you to something?
Li: starving. gimme three Ebisu-maki! Actually make that five!
Motosumi: you sure about that fatty?
Moritaka: now now Li, Halloween is a celebration for children.
Li: I guess...and you're weird for joining the babysitting too.
Moritaka: o-okay little babies, Class President gave me his handmade pumpkin paste for you to wean on! Come now Li, play peek-a-boo with us!
Li: Peek-a-boo! Aww, they're cute...NO WAIT I DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT SHUT UP

Some classroom
Wakan Tanka: hello we have lost children here
Magami: bark bark thank you for coming! I'll take care of them.
Daisuke: wait there's an actual policeman here instead of school staff?
Tajikarao: Excuse the surprise! We're here to help with security and directions.
(Kioh students are here now that hotline calls have stopped)
Wakan: Oh. Then how about I help too?
Touji: I'm back
Daisuke: wait don't you go here? Are you in police costume?
Wakan: oh yeah you were dressed like that when you came to our school too. And now you have two kids with you.
Touji: I transferred to Kioh, and these kids are lost. Found them on patrol. Senpais could you take care of them for me? I keep scaring them and making them cry.
Tajikarao: really? well okay then.
Magami: bark bark! Come here kids! See how soft my fur is!
Kids: (grab onto Touji)
Touji: wait what
Tajikarao: I think they like you. So what do you want to do?
Touji: ...okay, I'll try to find their families myself. Okay?
Kids: (nod)
Touji: Alright.

Hallway
Daikoku: Wow Hougen you can smile like that?
Hougen: Ruuude. I can be happy about my students growing too. By the way I noticed you hiding inside earlier. Feeling guilty about something?
Daikoku: ...ha ha oh you. Daikoku has no dark secrets in the closet here, nope! I just thought an old man like me might need to hold a hand out if need be.
Hougen: You don't say. Hey you're one of the Seven Lucky Gods, right?
Daikoku:
Hougen: There's another of you guys here. Why don't you say hello to them?
Daikoku: oh hey do you smell something nice? I smell something nice. What's in that bag?
Hougen: A subordinate gave me some snacks. Ebisu-maki, it's called. Did you want one? How about we go see the seller to make a fresh one, ehh?
Daikoku: ...well played, but no thank you

Outside
Gabriel: Hello everybody it's time for my concert! We have a dance group with us today!
Fenrir: DARKNESS! I will play the keyboard and dance.
Ashigara: yo peeps the playah is back! Check out my phat beats!
Kengo: I have no idea why I'm here but sure I'll dance
Alp: Hey you guys! Halloween Dance Time!
Dancers: YEAAAAH
Gabriel: I gotta step it up too! Time for the first song, start clapping with the beat everyone!
Audience cheers.
Alp: My dream continues on! Watch me you guys! Hip Hop Boom!
Gabriel: Clap clap, people! Yay!

Later
Ebisu: oh there you are Azathoth. Got a moment?
Azathoth: what up
Ebisu: I came to give the necklace back
Azathoth: wait it came off??? oh no wait
Ebisu: so it WAS you who gave it to me in that dream
Azathoth: oh this was a trick. no takebacks
Ebisu: n-no I wanted to thank you. I couldn't figure out how to say it, but you helped me.
Azathoth: how nice ARE you? You're the first person to die in a war game lmao
Ebisu leaves
Azathoth: (speaks CHAOS into the void)
Nyarlathotep: (answers back in CHAOS from the necklace)

Classroom
Sandayu: well I'll be damned, you pulled a miracle outta yer hat MC. And you went above and beyond what an organizer would do. Good job kiddo. Mononobe says--wait why are you fidgeting like that? Oh you have plans? Alright alright, go hang out with yer friends...you really do look like a normal student in times like these.
School roof
Hotei is lying on his bag and staring at the sky.
Hotei: ya heard, Kaishi? this the first step to yer dream. Let's go together and make everyone happy. I never worried, but I might run into a wall and start worrying like you one day. But I won't be alone then. There's us, Touji, Alp, Azathoth, and Alp! Also--
MC: are you napping up here? having fun? I was wondering where you were.
Hotei: MC is with us too! We are so gonna save the world with smiles!

Hotei picks up his bag and looks at you.
Hotei: got some last business to finish up, return the anger calmed down in my bag
MC: wait what
Hotei: the fragments of the two bags that hold the material and immaterial sunk to the bottom of my consciousness. If Kaishi is in me, I can switch bags and access his! I just can't use both at the same time. And here's the important part: the anger in my bag turns into luck as time passes, becoming a store of patience. That's the true nature of my original artifact.
That's why it's both a lucky bag and a bag of patience. It's the faith born of the life of the mad monk.
Hotei: I open my bag up and boom! All that luck comes spilling out. Happiness is about how much you can laugh about, but that ain't all I reckon.
MC: sounds like you / sounds nice / fortune isn't just smiles
(AB) Hotei: Right? I knew you'd get it!
(C): Hotei: I thought you'd say that. I ain't giving up!

Hotei: I'm gonna save the world with laughter! Blessings upon y'all! On Maitreya Sowaka!
Countless motes of light fly out of the opened bag. Few are going to know or care about what it is. But this light will surely bring someone in Tokyo happiness. That might be it for now, but maybe one day that person will smile for real. Hotei saw the light of the lucky bag and couldn't help but make a wish. Halloween will soon end like a dream and people will go back to their normal days, but the memories will surely bring a smile to someone's face. That was the little wish from the heart of the wandering monk.
Hotei: See y'all later!
The End

1 comment: