Friday, January 14, 2022

Christmas Showdown Police Side Episode 1 Part 1 (Abridged)

Flashback
Manager: Hey, you can play a lot of instruments right? Join our band! We don't care that you're a Transient!
Later
Bandmate A: Hermes, aren't we friends? What are you hiding?
Bandmate B: Yeah, tell us a bit about yourself.
The native band members were interested in Hermes. What was his home world life like? How was life now? But Hermes never talked about them. Rumors started that Hermes was a famous thief, but Hermes just smiled and made no attempt to deny them.
Later again
Bandmate B or whatever: Hey, the studio inventory has been off lately. You, uh, wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you Hermes? You have a criminal record, and you can't have changed that fast.
Bandmate A: Hermes could you not talk to me outside the studio? I don't want your reputation rubbing off on me. I wouldn't have tried making friends with you if I knew you were like that earlier.
Despite the chilling reception, Hermes still made no effort to change his behavior.
Later

Manager: Hermes? We got a replacement for you. You're fired. We don't want you dragging our rep down for being here.
Hermes still just smiles and doesn't argue about this.
End flashback.

Present
Nomad: Hello everyone, how's your Christmas decorations coming along? Cakes! Lights! Ornaments! We got it all!
Nomad is at a booth hawking things to random people walking by. When the crowd lessens...
Nomad: (sigh) Ugh, no detective jobs and all side jobs this year. I only got better as a salesman and stallkeeper. It's a living, but it's not great getting used to this...
Nomad is looking for leads on the people who turned him into a tiger in Utopia so he can get revenge. It's not going well, so most of his time is spent on other jobs.
Nomad: Huh. Someone texted me. I'll take a look and answer later.

Santa School
MC has come to tell Ded what side they're picking when their phone rings.
MC: It's Nomad. Hello?
Nomad: WELCOME TO BURGER KING MAY I TAKE YOUR ORDER?
Nomad: I mean, MC is that message you sent for real? Did you seriously say you want to hire me for a detective job!?
MC: Yes it's legit!
Nomad:
Nomad: (ugly laugh)
Nomad: MY TIME HAS COME
MC: so stuff happened / job's a job / (how do I explain...?)
Nomad: Oh, tell me later! Don't take this to another investigator besides me! I'll call again after work. (click!)
MC: It's not a real case though. I hope he won't be disappointed. (continues on)

Ded's office
White: Hello MC. Did you decide?
MC: The defense side. Everyone from Santa School is here. I'll protect you!
White: Thank you. Everyone here and from the police school will be happy to have you.
Hougen: I told the police students you're a special investigator, but come to me or Ded if it looks like people might find out this case is fake. Now, how about you go patrol with my subordinates? It'd be good to check how the info sources and students will take to you.
MC: Okay! / I'll do it! / I want to go with you!
---
(C) Hougen: Oooh, thank you! ...I can't though since I'm a superior. My subordinates will have to do it.
---
Hougen: Sorry could you wait a moment? We'll be gathering in the school's front entrance later.

Later, at Shinjuku Station
Tajikarao: What an honor to patrol with you, MC!
Hougen sent you to meet Tajikarao and gave you a badge to stick on yourself.
Tajikarao: This case is such a scandal, even if it's only just a calling card so far. Christmas is the biggest festival of the year meant for children. It's outrageous that anyone would commit crimes on such a day!
Tajikarao seems personally invested in this case too.
Tajikarao: ...we don't know what the thief wants or who they are though. So we need to up our patrols and investigate. On another note it's festive around here this time of year. It's nice how everyone is peacefully--
???: THERE YOU ARE BITCH
Tajikaro: Hmm. We should check that out.

MC and Tajikarao look and find that one wolf and two other Transients.
Wolf: You set me up, bird boy!
Hermes: And why would I need to set you up?
Taromaiti: Hermes, what did you do this time? Could you knock it off a bit?
Hermes: Aww come on, don't you go believing the lies I'm being framed with too.
MC: It's Taromaiti / It's that guy from yesterday / omg it's that wolf!

Tajikarao: Do you know these people? Well, let me handle it!
Hermes: Dude I was just trying to help a pairing happen. It's not my fault after he got together with that chick she took him to a cafe that ripped him off for a ton of money.
Wolf: So you WERE in on it!
Tajikarao: Hello everyone, let's all calm down here. Can you tell me what's going on?
Wolf: Police!? Why are you here?
Tajikarao: I just happen to be patrolling and...hey haven't I seen you somewhere before?
Wolf: (attempts to scoot away)
Tajikarao: I remember now! You're that serial dine and dasher!

Wolf: Goddammit! Gotta go fast!
Tajikarao: Okay wow that IS fast! No wonder he wasn't caught earlier!
Hermes: I'll help catch him. Hey Taromaiti!
Taromaiti: R-right! We'll go on ahead!
MC: We should go too! / Get back here! / I feel like we're missing something
Tajikarao: Hmm...well first things first, we catch the wolf!
BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment