Friday, January 14, 2022

Christmas Showdown Police Side Episode 1 Part 2 (Abridged)

Wolf: I'll get you for this, bird boy!
Dine and dasher wolf is handed over to the backup Tajikarao calls. Taromaiti, Hermes, and MC talk about the other day in the meantime.
Taromaiti: ...Hermes did you know who that wolf was?
Hermes: Shrug, lmao! But he seemed sus to me. And since he's the one to bump into MC, I guess that's karma. I just set a little trap for him to fall into.
Taromaiti: Oh. It's not the most respectable of methods, but I'll still thank you for saving my friend.
MC: Thanks Hermes / I was sweating bullets / That was funny
(A) Hermes: It's cool. But I won't say no if you wanna pay me back with money~
(B) Hermes: What's a thrill here and there gonna hurt~?
(C) Hermes: Wow you got guts. Let's do that again then!

Taromaiti: >:C
Hermes: It was just a joke, bro.
Tajikarao: I'm back! Thank you you two for helping catch that criminal and cooperating with our investigation! Although this does sound like it's all Hermes's fault.
Hermes: Oh come on dude I am an upstanding citizen now! I just...ran away as a habit when you saw me playing my flute the other day. Look! The proper forms to perform in public!
Tajikarao: Very crumpled forms, but the right forms nonetheless. And you did help arrest a criminal just now...
Taromaiti: Please let him go.
Tajikaro: ...who are you? Do you know Hermes?
Taromaiti: Taromaiti. I work with Hermes at Cafe Asterism. He's our delivery boy.
Tajikarao: He has a job!?
MC: Why is that a big surprise? / Is he that shady? / Is he a bad guy? 

Tajikarao: Well, I already know Hermes is openly rebellious against the police. But if anyone saw how he acted now, they'd be surprised and find it admirable! This one time, Hougen and I were investigating something and--I MEAN I'm sorry I shouldn't be talking about Hermes's personal situation and
Hermes: You can say whatever. You are still so unguarded.
Tajikarao: Mghgh. I can't argue with that right now...but it makes me happy to think that I may have rehabilitated myself a bit.
Hermes: wat

Hermes: Are you getting ideas about a troublemaker like me again? Just catch a dude, punish them, and let them go already.
MC: Arrests aren't all the police do / Tajikarao is a kind guy / (Hermes called himself a troublemaker...)
Tajikarao: Yes, I may have taken the wrong attitude with you before. I had pegged you as a shameful criminal, but I've been learning and thinking about things more since joining police school, seeing how things are in Tokyo, and meeting MC.
MC: Like what? / Yeah lots of stuff happened.
Tajikarao: Well you may have been taught this at school, but laws have been developed since the Gates to other worlds opened up. But more Transients have come faster than the laws can handle their issues, so there are people who haven't been supported by the law whether or not they obeyed them. So as a police officer, I not only need to handle crimes that have happened, it's important to help rehabilitate and reintegrate criminals too. That's why I go talk to Transients who have finished their prison terms under Hougen's directions.
Hermes: ...huh. Big ideals there.
MC: Must be tough for you / Must be tough for Transients / Hermes?

Tajikarao: Hermes, is our work bothering you? I know some of the people I talk to don't like the police...
Tajikarao doesn't notice when Hermes dodges the question.
Hermes: Oh, Hougen came to talk to me too.
Tajikarao: ? He did?
Hermes: Yeah, he asked me to help him with something.
Tajikarao: Oh! The Santa School case?
Hermes: Oh yeah, That Case with the calling card. Totally not playing along with something you blurted out, nosirree.

Tajikarao: Yes, that case indeed. I'm working with Kioh to guard the school and investigate.
Hermes: Wow, blabbermouth. You don't even know if we're all in on that case.
Tajikarao: OH NO
Taromaiti: Don't worry, I'm in. Hougen talked to me about it the other day.
Hermes: If you were worried about Taromaiti, I guess that means you're already in on this?
MC: (shrug)
Tajikarao: I've been informed that we'd be having outside help to cooperate with the case. MC is one of them!
Hermes: hmmmm, I see how it is. Well nice to be working with you, MC.
MC: Yep. (something seems shady...) (smile and handshake)

Later, after MC leaves
Taromaiti: Nice question dodging there. This doesn't feel good.
Hermes: You were talking to an idealistic policeman and a goddamn high school amateur. That should be easy to do. I mean you didn't tell them you were going to be involved as one of the thieves.
Taromaiti: Well what did you expect from me? And there's that bad habit of yours again, tricking people from the word "go." What's your plan anyway? You haven't told Hougen if you'd be in but Tajikarao already thinks you are.
Hermes: Aww sorry, don't be like that! I'll do it, yeah. We're gonna be on opposite sides.
Taromaiti: Right, let's do our best anyways.

Taromaiti: By the way, it's unusual for you to talk about your past. You okay?
Hermes: Well with someone friendly like that, it'd be fine to open up a little. It's way better than them sticking to me trying to become friends.
Taromaiti: ...what's wrong with that?
Hermes: Hey this is work! I don't want to be any closer than that. Plus it's the quickest way for everyone involved. (leaves)
Taromaiti: ...I can't read him, like he's made hiding his thoughts and feelings a core part of himself. Did someone force him to be that way, or...?

Elsewhere
???: Everything is going according to plan. Please leave it to me.
Ose: I'll send the information ahead of time by other means since I don't want to risk it leaking over the phone or computer. The training drill may be a bit big, but I'm still going to stick with it. Plus I might be able to get some info no matter what happens.
Ose: Hmm. Benten's joining in as a participant too? Nice, this should make things more exciting. I guess every one of us Nakano Performing Arts Academy students all want to stand out. Considering the school's Other Side, making her a thief makes sense. Now about the police side... (pulls out notes and a photo of MC and Hermes meeting at Kabukicho)
Ose: So that Transient who helped MC and coincidentally met them again is participating in the drill. He's held off on telling Hougen whether he'd be in this whole time, but then joined in after talking with MC. Coincidence, or "coincidence?" Hmm...I guess I should put in some effort too.
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment