Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Halloween Police Episode 6 Part 2 (Abridged)

Hotei: There. There. No wait, too far. Go here! Now there! That way!
Ebisu: What does that even MEAN!?
Alp: hey sailing's been a lot smoother since we got here
Hotei: inorite? Once we got here I got a real good reading on where my body is
Touji: The mind and body are normally one thing. If they separate, it's normal for them to be drawn to each other.
MC: But why was Hotei split to begin with?
Azathoth: kek

Touji: By the way...why do we have to change our clothes and iron them here? We aren't technically in Tokyo anymore, so why do we have to dress like pretend police officers?
Hotei: Psssh, this is variety to spice things up!
Touji: What?
Alp: I think I get it! The aesthetics of sentai transformation!
MC: Hotei you got these costumes for us from your bag, right?
Hotei: the police guess was around earlier about the costumes. Oh Ebisu turn right. But anyways I was sitting on a bench at the park thinking about it when a wild fashion designer fainted in front of me. She told me she was up four nights straight with nothing to eat, so I gave her something from my bag.
Azathoth: what dev galaxybrained that plot point
Touji: It hurts to agree with him

Hotei: so anyways she made the three-size fitting Halloween Police costumes as thanks!
Ebisu: For all of us here!? Is that why we're all in police costumes?
Hotei: Yup! SSR custom item! Once it's done I gotta pack it away neatly!
Touji: We're getting off topic but I appreciate the thought put into it
Hotei: Same brain! Now iron this one too
Touji: >:C

Later
Touji: How beautiful. This place looks like something from a fukutsui ink painting
Alp: a what
Touji: It comes from the words for counting scrolls and for two things joining into one. Picture scrolls have always been a symbol of fortune in Japan.
MC: mountain water in the sea? this place isn't real, right? it's just what the goggles are showing us
Alp: dream pro speaking! That's what dreams are like! The motifs look chaotic, but there is something connecting them.
Touji: Hmm, mind and body make one person. Very symbolic.
Hotei: my body is definitely down below us! but...
Azathoth: lel, time for free diving with no time limit?
Hotei: we'll die!

MC: we can't dive here! but we have to, don't we? Hotei you good to go alone?
Hotei: well I AM a spirit so maybe I'll be okay? Well we have no time, so I'll do it!
Touji: How optimistic are you? Well come back if anything happens
Ebisu: Wait Hotei, it's dangerous to go alone. Take this.
Hotei: A fishing hook? I ain't no fish!
Ebisu: It's my artifact, joker. We don't have the anchor so the Treasure Ship can't stay in place, so there's a risk we might drift away without this to connect us. Pull when you find your body. I can fish you back from anywhere.
Ebisu looks more confident than he did in the past

Hotei: ...thanks. Wait for me here, guys!
Party:
Hotei: here I go!
Party:
Hotei:
Party:
Hotei: I said, here I go!
Hotei: One...two...thr--
Azathoth: get out there already you goober! (shove)
Hotei: AAAAaaaaahhhh nicefollowupthanks
MC: welp
Touji: Time to wait and believe in him

Later
Hotei: is my body really down here?
Hotei: Hotei Radar! ...just a bit further
...
Hotei: There it is! ...hm?
Body!Hotei: Well damn y'all really came. Things are awful terrible!

Back at the Treasure Ship
Azathoth: is he back yet? HP check! oh wait lmao he's a ghost and ghosts don't have HP!
MC: you seem to be in a good mood. Hotei's doing?
Azathoth: well we're sorta similar from a certain point of view. Saving the world with laughs is kinda nice lul
Alp: I love how bright and cheery he is all the way! we should have a dance concert together sometime!
Touji: I agree with his optimism. I can't do headstands though.
Ebisu: Hmm...Hotei seems different from how he used to be. I mean he always liked getting laughs but it felt like he hid something where--
Azathoth: lmao whoops it's game over for the world now

Back in Tokyo
Arc: Everyone! I see cracks in the sky!
Li Chou: OH MY GOD this is worse than an overworld shift!
Dagon: It's coming! Tokyo's border between dream and reality is crumbling!
Aegir: Calm down bitches, they'll make it in the last second!
Surtr: Agreed. They cannot give up until the very end.

Hotei's side
Hotei: why's everything shaking!? Is time up!?
Body!Hotei: oh my, Tokyo is in danger...whoa
Hotei: Huh. I thought you were empty since you're my body but I guess not?
Body!Hotei: I was never originally your body. I'm just part of the being who gave birth to you, and that's the best way I know how to explain it.
Hotei: But you look just like me. Aside from being all anxious and scared.
Body!Hotei: This humble servant of Buddha is a collection of anxiety. My stomach is filled with weight and gloom.
Hotei: oh I seeee. So when you cut me off from you, you also cut out my brains too huh? Kidding!
Body!Hotei: ...you are so casual and cheery. I'm jealous.

Hotei's body is holding a bag
Hotei: oh hey you have that bag thing Dagon talked about. Come with me and solve our problems
Body!Hotei: ...is it really okay for me to leave here?
Hotei: wat
Body!Hotei: I can feel it in my bones. Something terrible will happen if I leave...
Hotei: a feeling?
Body!Hotei: yes...I have to stay forev--
Hotei: Y'ALL DAMN SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE. You can't make anyone smile down here! I can't take it I'm gonna cry through a box o' tissues!

Hotei: ...hey, look at yourself. I can't leave you if you look like that! I have to make everyone smile, and that includes you!
Body!Hotei: ... (smiles for just a moment)
Body!Hotei: you haven't changed at all, Maitreya born from me. You told me that before.
Hotei: really? I don't remember that. Head empty! ...kidding!
Body!Hotei: okay you win. use your body however you want. You can have the driver's seat and my power.
Hotei: MY BAG IS CHANGING!?
Both bags shine and fuse into one. It can now hold the material and immaterial.
Hotei: hell yeah! Have a front row seat to my special performance!
Body!Hotei: (inside Hotei's head) okay
Hotei: what's your name anyway?
Body!Hotei: I am the mad monk who gathers the grief and anger that drives people insane. In Japan my name is Kaishi. In China, I dunno.

At the Treasure Ship
Ebisu: Oh! Hotei is giving the sign! Everyone help me pull!
MC: Time for the big one!
Ebisu: Noble Phantasm activate!
Everyone joins in to help, including the dark hand from the necklace
Hotei: Never fear, Perfect Hotei is here! Eh? Ehh? Ehhh!?
MC: Oh my god Hotei you're shining! T-the pressure...!
Hotei: my big debut! Gotta get some time to be smug about it!
Azathoth: yeah yeah yeah, just do your stupid thing already we're out of time, sorry to rain on your parade
Touji: We won't make it back in time! Hotei, what's the plan!?
Hotei: It's all good, we just need to get back! Alp, help!
Alp: Got it! I'll switch dreams and reality! Just make it quick since I can't hold it for long! Noble Phantasm, yay!
The party returns to Tokyo...
End of Episode Part

2 comments: