Friday, January 21, 2022

Chapter 4 Episode 14: This is Not a Rout (Abridged)

Monster Procy: Wirrrrrooo (starts dissolving)
Crowne Alter: Goddammit I'm losing here! Damn trash heroes and damn trash Observers thinking they can win against ME!
EX Ryekie: I'm nowhere near done! Let's finish this, MC!
MC: O-okay!
Akashi: A-are you okay, MC!? Aren't you pushing it!?
Mokdai: Y-yeah MC you look tired...
Melide: Of course. The bigger the path kept open, the bigger the strain on the Observer. Plus MC hasn't learned how to control it before opening the path.
Crowne: So, if Ryekie keeps fighting...
Sui: MC might burn out first?
MC: I can keep going just a bit more!

Monomasa: ...it's true we're in a better position than ever. We can win if we push a little more.
Yoshori: So we HAVE to do this!?
EX Ryekie: MAXIMUM POWER!!!
MC sends Max VP to Ryekie, which also causes MC to waver from a violent shock to their consciousness.
MC: I CAN STILL DO THIS
The VP sent to Ryekie turns to electricity that Solar Flares the surrounding area.
Crowne Alter: MY EYEEEEES
EX Ryekie: Eat it! EX Thunderous Lightning "Terabolt Slug"!!!
Monster Procy: reeEEEEEEEE *(blasted)*
MC: naptiiiime (flump)
Akashi: MC!?

Broker's Ship
Broker: Oh look what the cat dragged in.
Crowne Alter: ...!!
Broker: You look mad. Are you mad? Tell me if you're mad.
Crowne Alter: FUCKER! That little shit Took Everything! They're so gonna die I swear! Broker what is your goddamn plan with them!?
Broker: That's classified. And I thought I already told you we aren't equals. I know you have enough intellect to understand this.
Crowne Alter: I knew it! (punches the walls until their nails break, then starts gnawing on said broken nails while quietly muttering to themselves) You're all gonna DIE! Exio, Justice, MC...! Watch me bring the real big guns next time!
Broker: (watching Crowne Alter and also whispering to himself) You do that. Dance, puppet, dance.

Elsewhere
Akashi: MC!
MC: what...? (wakes up)
Akashi: MC! Oh thank god you woke up.
MC: wait what happened
Akashi: You've been out for almost a whole day. Don't scare me like that.
MC: (looks around) where am I?
Gammei: Our agency HQ. It doubles as a shelter in emergencies. You guys did a lot for us, so we're giving you guys space here for now. Sorry for what happened. If you guys didn't jump in when you did, the city would be even worse off. Thanks. 

MC: how bad is it?
Akashi: Well...this is what the office looks like now.
Akashi shows a picture of the building from his phone. The office building is totally wrecked.
MC: Oh no!
Gammei: ...most of Central Ward's just as bad. At least half the municipal area was crushed to pieces by that giant Monster. Police and heroes are busier than ever helping victims.
Gammei has darker bags under his eyes than usual. He sighs, then offers his hand.
Gammei: Can you get up? I'll take you to the cafeteria. I bet you're hungry. And there's some people who want to see you.
Akashi: ...

Later
Mokdai: MC! You're awake! You okay? I asked to have the medical staff look at you.
Sui: So now everyone in Parallel Flight besides the director is okay. That's a relief.
MC: What happened to Huckle?
Sui: Well...
Ryekie: Oh, MC! Good to see you awake!
Huckle:
MC: He looks fine! / I'm glad we got you out!
Ryekie: ...so Huckle, do you remember our new employee MC?
MC: What...?
Huckle: ...I'm sorry, I don't. I beg your pardon, Mr. Ryekie.
Ryekie: ...no, it's not your fault.

MC: W-what?
Akashi: After you fainted, the tentacle that caught Huckle dissolved and dropped him. We thought he was okay, but he was like that when he woke up. Seems he's lost a lot of his memories.
Mokdai: Melide said it's the after-effects of having his Observer personality torn out. The memories might come back later, but it's possible he might stay like this too...
MC: No...
Ryekie: ...for now, Huckle only seems to remember up to the part where he and I met and started being friends. He barely remembers me, but nothing after that.
Huckle: I'm sorry. I'm sure you all meant a lot to me, but I can't even remember your names. My apologies.
Akashi: Goddamn that asshole!
Mokdai: Akashi...

MC: Whatever happened to them anyway?
Sui: They disappeared, probably when Ryekie's thunder flashed. The monster they brought disappeared too, maybe back to its original world.
Mokdai: The giant monster stopped attacking after that, and everything suddenly went quiet. We asked Melide, and she said she couldn't see it anymore, so it might not have really woken up.
Gammei: So something even worse will happen soon, huh? Next time the city really might get destroyed. Also the girl left somewhere with her friends. I wonder what they're planning?

MC: Melide's not here? Where'd she go?
Mokdai: Dunno. Exio hasn't woken up yet, and when I went to check his bed this morning he was gone.
Ryekie: The medics say he isn't going to die, but you know...they're villains. They probably didn't want to stay in a hero agency for very long.
Mokdai: They still left us a hint. Apparently the giant monster will be sleeping for at least a week. If we're gonna fight it again, it'll happen then.

Sui: What can we do with a week?
Akashi: Prepare as best we can...but with the boss like this...
Huckle: ...
Ryekie: ...but we can't sit here and wait to die. If it comes again, then I at least will be going back out there. I can't let the city be threatened any further. There's still people in there too. I have to save them.
Ryekie: MC, I'm sorry about the strain I put on you in that fight. Still, I'm sure that power is our best hope going forward. If you want to help again, I'll gladly accept and fight with you. Will you come along?
MC: Yeah! / Are you really asking me that now? / As many times as it takes.
Ryekie: ...I see. Thank you.

Outside
Crowne: ... (sigh)
Crowne: So, that's how it is. Which means, I should be the one to settle things. But...what should I do? I lost my dreams...so do I have the power to fight?
End of Chapter 4

2 comments:

  1. even thou, i wanna say... "Oh no... Huckle-san..." and then playing with his tails. but the event now seems to be a bit centered on chapter 5.
    thanks for translating the story, me without this, i almost dont know what is happening at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad for Crowne here. She can't help, even if she wanted to, and seeing another version of herself tossing her friends left and right while spouting the things they did, I'm somewhat surprised she took it a bit better than I imagined.
    Kinda figured that Huckle lost his memories, but I'm shocked that it was more than I expected. I thought it'd be selective, mainly with MC's arrival, not that big chunk of memories.
    Thanks again for the translation.

    ReplyDelete