Friday, January 7, 2022

Live A Hero Chapter 4 Episode 11: That Night's Promise (Abridged)

Sui: String Shot! (shoots out a ton of threads, wrapping around the tentacle and outlining it for the party)
Sui: It worked! Thank you MC!
MC: Success! / Oh I get it now
Ryekie: I can see it now!
Mokdai: wow Sui great idea!
Huckle: Oh right we can physically interact with the tentacle
Crowne: Yeah, so wrapping it with something concrete here means we can see it now. Nice going Sui!
Sui: I don't know how long it'll last, but go for it everyone!
Yoshiori: Hell yeah!
Akashi: we end this now!
Monomasa: we can crush it even if it's only a small part of the Monster. Now!
Melide: Yes it's a good idea, but...well maybe never mind. Good luck everyone!

Later
Akashi: Fireballs, charge!
Yoshiori: Rescue "Operation Regain"!
Akashi and Yoshiori: EAT IT DICK
Monster: SHRIEK
The city shakes from the roar. It must have worked.
Mokdai: Look!
The tentacle withers.
Ryekie: It's working!
Sui: Its attacks are getting more violent! That must mean--
Monomasa: wait something is wrong for it to be taking everything like that. Oh no.
Yoshiori: wait what the hell is going on!? 

The tentacles start flailing around.
Mokdai: oh no!
Akashi: so that's why there's been so many earthquakes!
MC: Falling!
The tentacles break nearby buildings. Civilians come running out in a panic.
Randos: AAAAAHHHHH (get caught by tentacles)
Mokdai: oh my god I can't believe there was still people in there!
Yoshiori: wait they aren't just random civilians too!
Mafia Mob: HELP
Huckles: Heroes too!?
Crowne: wait why are they glowing!?
Mobs: (shine before turning into light and get absorbed)

MC: OH NO
Akashi: the Monster is absorbing them directly!
Monomasa: it's collected a lot of energy from that!
Ryekie: the tentacle from earlier is healing back up!
Sui: Ahh, it absorbed my strings too!
Yoshiori: goddammit we lost track of it again!
MC: this is terrible...
Akashi: how are we supposed to win like this!?
Ryekie: We can't just weaken it by attrition! Dammit!
Akashi: can we at least save all those people just now!?
Yoshiori: ...not unless we kill the Monster.
Akashi: and how do we do THAT!?

MC: The Monster is looking over here!
Melide: Look out!
More tentacles flail closer as the Monster roars.
MC: Here they come!
Akashi: What!? Wher--OOF (slammed)
Mokdai: I can't see where they are!
MC: From the right! Jump!
Mokdai: Whoa!? (grazes attack by jumping)
Mokdai: It scratched my tail!
Melide: Stay focused! It's coming from above!
Mokdai: What!? Uh, pow! (punches tentacle away)

Mokdai: wow I hit it! Thanks guys!
Huckle: hmmmmm
Ryekie: Good going Mokdai! I should be able to do something too!
Huckle: Ryekie, I see a dust cloud moving from 4 o'clock!
Ryekie: Okay! Thunder Fist! (punches tentacle away)
Ryekie: Hey wait a minute, Huckle can you see it too!?
Huckle: No, but I started guessing the tentacle is big enough that it can't phase through things when I watched Mokdai. That means I can sort of guess where it is based on the traces it makes moving.
Yoshiori: how the hell do you manage to pull something like that off in a snap?
Ryekie: That's cuz Huckle's a veteran!
Huckle: Well you and I are also on a wavelength that makes it easier to tell you things too. Anyways new one. To the right and from the back!
Ryekie: Pow!
Melide: it's like he can actually see them!
Yoshiori: well even if he can't he was able to catch small hints and relay instructions off of that. Is that the secret to Zap the Justice's strength?
Melide: Yoshiori, behind!
Yoshiori: oh right, battle. Bang!

Later
The Monster's attacks intensify and the tentacle starts spawning mobs.
Akashi: goddammit, quit that already!
Mokdai: squishing the little monsters and dealing with an invisible tentacle is getting to be a bit much!
Yoshiori: shut up and abort those creeps!
Sui: I know but...I'm getting tired...
Monomasa: Melide, are you okay? You're starting to falter on your feet.
Melide: I-I'm okay. My eyes are tiring though...
Monomasa: oh...
MC: we're all getting tired...
Huckle: even us Operators are starting to feel it. How much longer do we have to keep thi--
Ryekie: Huckle, stop. We have to keep going.
Huckle: ...right. Everyone, hang on until we get past this!
Crowne: All I can do is watch. This sucks.

MC: (vision blurs for a sec) huh?
Akashi: you okay? You're starting to fall over too.
MC: I-I'm okay. Anemia?
Melide: MC, it's coming!
MC: wha
A tentacle grabs the MC
MC: OH NO
The tentacle starts putting pressure on MC.
Akashi: (fires fireballs) LET GO
Ryekie: Akashi, stop! You'll hit MC too at this rate!
Akashi: Then what is it I'm supposed to do!?

MC: blacking out...
Melide: Akashi, wait. The tentacles...I sense something!
Monomasa: What is it? ...!
A tiny Monster pops out then jumps towards MC.
Mokdai: Oh no!
Melide: No don't destroy that one!
Mokdai: But!
Melide: I think that Monster is...!
MC: huh?
Monster rams into tentacle and both blow up into light particles.
MC: WAIT WHAT (falls)

Mokdai: Oh no, MC!
Yoshiori: Got you! (catches MC)
Mokdai: W-wow you managed to catch someone falling from that high up.
Akashi: I feel like I lost out...
Sui: Guys could you at least be happy MC is okay?
Ryekie: Great catch Yoshiori!
Yoshiori: Acting like a hero makes me sick!
MC: Thanks Yoshiori! / o-oh you're so buff
Yoshiori: W-well you seem fine. Good.
Crowne: oh my god phew. What were we gonna do if that Monster didn't show up?
Huckle: What was that thing anyway?
???: oh good I made it

Exio steps out of the shadows.
Exio: Hi. I said I wouldn't let anyone erase you, right?
Yoshiori: OH MY GOD
Melide: you're okay...
Monomasa: nice presence concealment there
Exio: yeah I was hiding in a secret safe house, helped me slip away
Mokdai: Exio, you're okay!
Akashi: U-uh, yeah. You look fine for someone who left a blood smeared secret base.
Sui: wait, look closer
Exio looks fine but is noticeably limping and holding his left side. Also there are a ton of tiny cuts on his arms and face.

MC: thank you for saving me. B-but are you okay?
Exio: oh don't worry this isn't enough to kill me. I've lived through worse. (walks next to MC and looks at the Gaint Monster)
Exio: it's close to fully awakening. we need to weaken it now. Let me help you two.
Melide: Okay!
MC: You're gonna help!? / O-okay!
(A) Exio: yeah I've been working to get this Monster dealt with

Huckle: (looks sad)
Exio: ...give me your hand for a sec
Huckle: Huh? Uh, okay
Exio grabs Huckle's hand with both of his own. A quick flash happens.
Huckle: Wait what!? (blinks)
Ryekie: what just happened
Huckle: I-I can see it now. I can faintly see the Monster's tentacles!
MC: WHAT

Exio: I shared a bit of my Vision with him, but that's the best it can do.
Huckle: Thank you! But...
Exio: Don't worry, it's just a small bit of my power. Also temporary. If I hooked you up with my regular vision level while you're tired you probably couldn't handle it. I figured you still want to help, and Justice works better with your commands.
Huckle: uh
Ryekie: w-well that's not wrong...
Huckle: why are you embarrassed by that? But yeah I'll help
Ryekie: Yeah! Let's do it like we always do!

MC: wow such trust. I'm jealous
Exio: but what about you and him
Akashi: OH HEY SUBJECT CHANGE GUYS WE GOT A BATTLE YEP LET'S DO THAT
Exio: oh right, that's true
Small Monsters: REEEEE
Exio: look, the warm up's here. Let's get them.
Yoshiori: YEEEEAAAH, go Exio!
Monomasa: well somebody's happy
Mokdai: I feel power welling up within me! Is this because a new Observer is here joining us?
Akashi: Dunno. But we can keep going some more!
Sui: Right! We can't lose here!
MC: Okay let's do this! New wave, engage!
BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment