Monday, September 2, 2024

Valentine Crossroad Episode 4 Part 2 (Abridged)

Olympus's perspective on love is that it's good to make quick bonds. If everything is connected to one thing, then forbidden love and wife-stealing is a-okay. Who cares if it causes social issues?
Hippolytus (narrating): Life is hard when you're ace in a world filled with horny people. The only one I cared for was a chief hunter who valued that I was pure. I cared about our connection, so I gave them a flower wreath I made in a meadow with spirits of purity. But then I talked with some other friend and ended up shittalking one of the Olympians and blew up my life! Then I had to leave. Sometimes I wonder if I'd have thought the same as everyone else if I didn't say anything then?

Present
Evil Scout A: i'm sowwy
Hippolytus: Good fight! :)
MC: Perfect victory man, damn. He's a maniac!
Hippolytus: Punching things until they agree with you is so much easier than understanding love!
Volkh: (shocked)
Volkh: Take him to the experimental farm. Actually, take him to the infirmary.
Some event workers move Evil Scout A away.

Hippolytus: ...um, sorry about that everyone.
MC: So, care to explain? It's fine but still.

Hippolytus: Yeah I should speak. So I say I don't get what love is, but most people don't believe me. Sure some things are unclear to me, but really I don't get it. Happy couples are nice, but I don't feel like being part of one. I don't even really CARE. But tons here and back home do so it's like I'M the weird one.
Flashback! ...sort of!

Hippolytus (narrating): Did I ever tell you guys about that kouhai who liked me? He tried so hard for the gardening club and asked about how I was. Then I realized he liked me and I must have hurt him. I just liked him as a friend, and I wondered if we could ever go back to just being friends. Buuut, I couldn't think of any way of making that happen.
Present

MC: oh / same dude / ...
(AC) Hippolytus: Stop looking at me like that!
(B) Hippolytus: !?
Hippolytus: Aww, thanks. How about we spar with pankration sometime?

Hippolytus: IT'S NOT ILLEGAL TO TURN SOMEONE DOWN! Me, asserting dominance by T-posing over what's-his-name? It's not my fault, he attacked first!
MC: welp / TOOCLOSE / okay you sort of have a point but--
Hippolytus: Why does ANYONE need to assert dominance? I mean I do that for Greek Martial Arts but still. I'm not apologizing, not getting mad over something people can't tell from just looking.
Krampus: Haha, I feel you. I get a lot of pity because of the family business but I am JUST as important as the other Santas and the problems with it are my own thing. Just like it is with you, huh, Hippolytus?
Empathy! A little bit at least.

Hippolytus: Wow I don't think anyone's ever said that to me. It's great you came here, Krampus! And everyone else! So I think I'll quit being the workshop teacher.
Takeminakata: ...but why tho
Hippolytus: A kouhai can take over for me! I can still help with materials.
Sad party.
Hippolytus: I don't want any more problems happening. And it's probably better that lots of people care about love and romance.
MC: Wait! / BITCH YOU STOP THAT RIGHT N-- / ...
Volkh: STOP
(AB) MC speaks at the same time Volkh.
(C) Volkh suddenly yells.

Volkh: I don't blame you for anything, but I won't let you quit as workshop teacher. No quitting allowed!
Hippolytus: Volkh...
Volkh: Kamui might say yes, but I won't. I go down with the ship!
MC: People want you to teach them / Remember what Masanori said? / But what if more problems happen...?
---
(C) Volkh: That's not always your problem to deal with.
---
Tense.

Takeminakata: Can I speak? (raises hand) I'm dumb, but I know giving up and losing are different things. There's always a next time, so why not try harder?
Krampus: I support whatever you pick. But I think you're a great teacher.
Taishakuten: Same. And it's not like everyone knows everything.
Masanori: ...we're all different, so we can't understand everything about each other. If you don't feel like you're near your best, take a break.
MC: I agree and I will fight you if you say no.

Hippolytus: You guys...
Volkh: Look, reviews. I probably should've given these to you earlier.
MC: Oh my god so many comments!
Taishakuten: "I'm getting married yo" / "I made up with my friend" / "My hospitalized family was happy with the present" / "I want to be a florist now" ...damn dude!
Krampus: And these are from before MC started helping!
Hippolytus: Even when I was dissociating that hard!? (looks through questionnaires)
Masanori: It wasn't all problems. Volkh did you stop Hippolytus from quitting for this?
Volkh: The people of Kitezh love spring and flowers. The people who took the workshop all agree you did good, and I will beat you with my own hands to make you stay if I have to.
Smiling party! Except for freaked out Hippolytus.

Hippolytus: ...oh, okay then.
MC: Wow he gave in. We're here to help so actually use us! / Best wishes to you too
Hippolytus: Right! But I need some time to think about continuing the workshop.
MC: Hippolytus... / What? / ...
Hippolytus: We have to figure out what to do about that love potion drug. You in to help fight against that stupid villain gang along with class?
Takeminakata: Oh...right!
Taishakuten: You just wanted us to beg, didn't you? Dick.
Krampus: I'm in!
Masanori: ...
Masanori: Time to plan then? Not that we have much info.
MC: Right, time to get info and figure something out!
Party: Yeah!
And so the party huddles to think of stuff for the rest of the day.

That night, Setagaya dorm. It's Hippolytus!
Hippolytus: Oh. Taking a late night walk too, MC?
MC: No / what do you mean "too"? / Sounds good
---
(A) Hippolytus: Oh okay. Want to join me?
(B) Hippolytus: Exactly what it sounds like! Want to join?
(C) Hippolytus: Walking buddies!
---
Hippolytus and MC walk towards the Setagaya school buildings.

Hippolytus: Gardening Club president's curfew breaking privilege!
Hippolytus swipes his card key to the fountain plaza and starts talking to the flowers around it.

Hippolytus: Hello~!
MC: You take care of them at night too? / Pretty / (talk to the flowers too)
(A) Hippolytus: Oh no I just start talking to the flowers I care for at random.
(B) Hippolytus: I know right?
(C) Hippolytus: Haha, maybe you should join a gardening club.

Hippolytus and MC sit on a bench after a round.
Hippolytus: I brought herbal tea! And an extra cup! ...thanks for earlier today and sorry again to surprise you. I know you're not part of the school, but then I dumped on you...like wow I really blew up there!
MC: It was fun! / I like that part about you / so you burn up easy?
---
(A) Hippolytus: HEY
(B) Hippolytus: UHHH? Most people get freaked out by that.
(C) Hippolytus: Yeah!
---
Hippolytus: ...haha, it's nice we can talk like this after all that.
Hippolytus sips some tea and looks at the stars.

Hippolytus: Everyone encouraging me reminded me of my time back home. Everyone there was always thinking about love, and I kind of wanted to join in on their fun. I couldn't, so I tried being dommy since I didn't want to feel like a weakling. And when I came to Tokyo, I felt like wanting to be equals with people again. That's it, really! Maybe I still don't understand myself. Maybe love isn't for me? Or I just don't know how to do it. So maybe I should face myself.
MC: I get it / Don't push it too much / You can talk to me anytime

Hippolytus: ...thanks for accepting me as I am. If I had someone like you...
Hippolytus thinks of possible futures. Something real? Or just some wishful thinking? Some hesitation...
This could be very important. Maybe it could affect his future.
MC: Think you'll find your way? / I'm just like you fr fr / Maybe we could find true love?
---
(A) Hippolytus: ...I think I will.
[Flag A set!]
(B) Hippolytus: WHAT
Hippolytus: Okay wow, that's surprising. But great! I'm really glad we met!
[Flag B set!]
(C) Hippolytus: Umm...dunno yet. but...maybe?
[Flag C set!]
---
Hippolytus: Okay, that's enough. Thanks for coming with me, MC. Let's go back.
And so Hippolytus and MC walk back to the dorm.
Further in the school

Masanori: So this is your base, huh?
Evil Scout A: Welcome, new comrade Masanori!
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment