Thursday, June 22, 2023

Live A Hero Chocolate Festa Memories Episode 4 (Abridged)

MC: Nice, Procy! Go, Phein!
Procy: Eat fist!
Phein: Protect the weak!
Phein and Procy hit the Monsters at the same time!

Monsters: Lovelyyyy! (poof)
MC: Anna, careful! One attacking left!
Anna: Watch and be amazed!
Anna dance-dodges and gets ready to counter.

Phein: Anna, I told you to stay back!
Phein jumps in and knocks the Monster away.

Anna: Wow Phinny, you got so close in, like, a second!
MC watches that last Monster die and puff into light.

MC: Okay, we're done. Good work, team!

Anna: EmmySees, your Op rocked! We, like, got them all, right?
Procy: Seems so. And Phein, don't you think Anna had that last one covered?
Phein: She's still a student and child. And my boss. I can't let her be in danger.
Procy: Well if it's all okay, I guess...? Just don't be reckless.
Phein: ...hmph. You have no business directing me in my job.
Anna: Come on guys, it's all gucci! Thanks Phinny! But like, you saw me kick Monster tushie, right?
Anna smiles. Phein sighs.
Phein: ...I suppose. Don't fight again. I was hired to do that.
MC: Okay, time to close the suits!

Click
Anna: But wow Monsters really, like, pop out of literally nowhere.
Procy: Yeah, most people don't see them show up the second they appear, just after when they already started causing problems.
Anna: I'm so glad you're all here! So, like, the fest can go on and we all good for now? *(smiles)*
Procy: Damn girl, you got guts after what just happened.
MC: So strong! / You are like such a gyaru! / High energy!
---
(AC) Anna: I'm tryna be, like, the best gyaru I can be! How am I doing?
(B) Anna: FR!? Like ohmigawd I'm doing it!
---
Anna's happy with what MC said.

Anna: My dad's, like, super strict. "Do this, Anna" and "Don't do that, Anna" and everything. But then I found out about gyarus in history class and thought they were, like, SO COOL!
Phein: ...is this another Earth thing?
Anna: Yup! It's about people who live their lives and do their fashion their own way! And by their own way, I mean a style that's broad but still got a specific image to it!
MC: Space gyaru! / It goes great with you, Anna!
(B) Anna: Aww, thanks!

Anna: Like, we got more aliens in this day and age, so doesn't it feel like fashions are getting more open to new things? I don't get complicated stuff, but like, isn't expressing yourself so timeless? Took me, like, a week to pick up stuff from other cultures and be my own kinda gyaru! I've been thinking people should do what they want while they're, like, young and stuff ever since I left home.
Procy: Oh, is that why you care so much about your styling?
Anna: Yep! Full throttle on everything! (claps hands) Oh right, let's tell everyone they can come back to the fest!
Procy: Right, I need to advertise the chocolate machine more.
MC: Okay. Where's everyone taking refuge?
Phein: I told nearby civilians to hide in safe classrooms. We should see if any of them are hurt. Anna, can you lead the way?
Anna: Sure! This way!

Inside
Anna: I bet the teachers put everyone in one of the bigger classrooms...hm?
Hey look, there's two students arguing up ahead.

Girl A: W-why are you standing so close...?
Girl B: Umm, did I hurt your feelings or something?
Girl A: STRANGER DANGER
Girl B: W-wait, what!?
Procy: What, a fight? ...doesn't seem like it though.
Phein: Anna, do you know them?
Anna: Y-yeah... I'mma go talk to her.

Anna runs over.
Anna: H-hey, guys. You gucci? The Monsters are gone now, it's all okay.
Girl A: ANNA! Thank god, can we talk? Over there?
Anna: U-uhh...what's going on? You fighting?
Girl B: Well, not really...but I don't get why she's mad.
MC: What's going on?
Anna: I-I dunno. I thought they were super besties... I'll try talking to her first, gimme a sec.
Anna leads Girl A off.
Anna: So, like...can you talk to me?
Girl A: ...yeah, sorry about that Anna. It's just that she knew so much about me but I have no idea who she is. I'd rather not say this of a schoolmate but...is she a stalker?
Anna: !?
MC: Sounds familiar... / Wait, really? / Doesn't seem that way

Anna: ...well, thanks for chatting! Things will be gucci, don't you worry! Call me if something happens! Go have fun at the fest! We have heroes around to help!
Anna waves to Phein and Procy, who nod in response like they've got what's happening. Girl A finally relaxes a little.
Girl A: ...you're right. Maybe I'm overthinking it. Okay bye Anna, I'll go get some chocolate.
Procy: Come visit the demo corner! ...hey wait, you were there earlier.
Anna: ...EmmySees, can we talk?
MC: It's about them, isn't it?
Anna: ...yeah. She, like, called her a total stranger basically, right? But that can't be. They're besties...
Anna shakes her head. Girl A wanders off and Anna watches her go.
Anna: Like, fighting isn't that weird. But...she'd never say she doesn't know her, even for, like, a joke. What happened...?
Phein: ...Anna, you said you started this festival to make memories when you hired me. But is the real reason something else?
Anna: Well...it's not, like, a big deal or anything.
Anna looks at everyone in the party.

Anna: ...but maybe I can talk about it, and stuff.
MC: Personal stuff and not wanting to regret things, right? Why does the fest matter so much to you?
Anna: Honestly, for my own sake.

Anna: I had to skip class, like, a lot for hero work and that meant I needed enough credits to graduate. I talked with the teachers and, like, they said if I hold the festival and write a report on it, I can put that in as make-up work.
Procy: (cocks head) Doesn't the hero license give you an exemption to some of the school stuff?
Anna: Well yeah, but...I did a lot more than what that covered. Like, whenever people need help, I wanna give it. And I get paid! And that's, like, really important when I need to live off my wages.
Phein: ...what? Do you actually get enough to eat?
Anna: Oh yeah, of course! Thanks Phinny...but I had a huuuge fight with my dad and ran away from home. I don't wanna ask for an allowance, since I chose to be a hero and a dancer. If I ask for money, it feels like that meant, like, I couldn't hack it on my own. I picked this school so I gotta do well, but... (smiles wryly and hangs head) I misunderstood the license and school exemption thing...so that's why I'm doing the fest! So everyone can, like, have fun!
MC: Oh...sorry for asking about some awkward stuff.

Anna: Nah, it's cool! It's just what I'm getting for what I do. But...if I don't graduate, I decided to quite dancing and go back home. If I can't do what I chose to do on my own, then I'd never be able to convince my dad.
Anna psyches herself up.

Procy: Nice. Trying to be independent's something to admire. But why are we talking about this? This have anything to do with that girl earlier?
Procy holds up a box for chocolates given out at the demo corner.

Procy: I found this near where those two girls were fighting. Think it's relevant?
Anna: Isn't that the box for that one chocolate machine...? Oh right, there was one other reason. That girl earlier? She, like, actually came to talk to me about her love problems.

Anna starts speaking quieter.
Anna: Some other girl asked me for the same advice, so I, like, told her to give chocolates to express herself. She knocked it out of the park, so I told Girl A to do the same thing.
Anna looks at where Girl A and B were fighting earlier.

Anna: ...she can't cook, but like, she could use the mind reading chocolate machine to do it for her, right? Seemed perfect to make something to express herself, so that's how the fest theme happened!
Phein: Chocolate doesn't really send your feelings based on its shape, does it?
Anna: Nah, but it makes it easier to express yourself,
Procy: Yeah, it's still up to them about what to do with it all.
Anna: Yeah! Like, wouldn't it be the coolest if I could've helped her out, get my credits, AND make a fest fun for everyone?
MC: It could cheer her on / Ahh, bittersweet love / Don't fall behind in class, okay...?
(C) Anna: Oof! I-I know...!

Anna: I wanted to make a fest for, like, everyone and not just me and her! But now she's all WEIRD... did she bomb out?
Procy thinks.

MC: Something up, Procy?
Procy: I was wondering...did she really confess her feelings? I saw her at the demo corner earlier, but talked like she didn't remember making anything. So what's up with the box from there? (looks at box)
Procy: Also, this thing is empty. She couldn't have eaten it herself and given the box like that, right?
Phein: ...weren't there a lot of people today? Maybe you misremembered.
Procy: What kind of business owner forgets what their customers look like, jackass? I'm sure it was her.
MC: ...wait.

Procy: ...yeah, we just had a Monster show up, so maybe that's related somehow. Don't know for sure yet, but it's possible.
Anna: Wait, then...did a Monster, like, eat her memories? And her feelings...?
Procy: Maybe. There could be some other Monster that did it and we just haven't found it and--
Anna: Then it needs to die, like, yesterday.
Anna sounds mad.

Anna: Feelings should be free to be! No Monster gets to take them! EmmySees, let's go look for it! Phinny, Pro-Pro, please help! (grabs Phein's and Procy's hands)
Procy: W-whoa damn, calm down girl! This is still just hypothetical.
Phein: ...but that girl is a weak civilian. I will fight anyone who attacks the weak, so I am with you, boss.
Anna: Oh, Phinny! Thank you!
Procy: Ugh, will you guys listen? We need to investigate first... (fiddles with phone)
Procy: Hmm. No Monster alerts around here. MC, you feel anything?
MC: Observer sensing, right? I'll give it a go.
Observer Vision activate!

MC: ...I sense a Monster. It's far, but I do sense it, barely...
The presence of EVIL.

Anna: OMG for reals!? We gotta find it! Also, wow I could never, like, sense Monsters. You go, EmmySees!
Phein: ...you can do that, MC? That does help prevent casualties. Where is it?
MC: ...uhh, it's getting weaker...

Suddenly!
???: HAHAHA! MC, CAN YOU HEAR ME!? I know you're there, I came to see ya! Come on out if you don't want the Bautista Pirates to take the school!
The party is shocked!

MC: Oh no! Not now!
Anna: WHOMST
Procy: They're actually calling you by name, MC!? What did you do!?
MC: N-nothing! / What DIDN'T I do...?
---
(B) Procy: You know they're pirates, right? Seriously, what?
---
Phein: Space pirates? Oh no, the civilians!
Anna: Oh no! I, like, better go check these villians out! (runs off)
Phein: W-wait, Anna! MC, go hide somewhere safe!
MC: But Anna's already gone! / W-wait, Phein!
Procy: Goddammit, they don't even know what we're up against. MC, let's go!

MC and Procy chase after Anna and Phein. Suhail's spaceship is up on the roof.
MC: Suhail, get out here and stop causing problems! I'm right here!
Suhail's crew starts popping up.

Anna: Wait, EmmySees!? But they're after you!
Phein: Yeah! I told you to stay away!
MC: You guys aren't even transformed yet
Suhail: Hey MC! Still always in the middle of something, huh?
There he is.

MC: Why are you here!? / Busy now! Come back later! / OMG, it's Captain Suhail!
(A) Suhail: HA! That's some way to greet me! I go where I want to!
(B) Suhail: Damn, you got guts! It's cool, I'll be quick!
(C) Suhail: Ooh, you wanted to see me? Cute! Come on over here already!
Procy: STOP YELLING! We're busy here!

Anna: EmmySees, you KNOW these people!? Aren't they pirates and villains!?
MC: Not like KNOW know... / He's a pirate villain boss!
Suhail: Hey it smells sweet around here. You guys having a party? We'll just be here for a sec to take the Observer MC there for our crew!
Suhail's crew starts transforming.

MC: Why / Suit up, guys!
The party transforms.

Anna: Hey, Su-Su! Like, I dunno what you're on about, but we're doing security for the choco fest! You can't have MC, and you can't start kicking things around either!
Phein: Villians are threats to the weak...I've been hired for this, so I can't let you do as you please.
Procy: OBSTRUCTION OF BUSINESS! I'm fighting you first!
The party readies to fight!
Suhail: Three heroes? Cool! I wasn't planning to fight, but okay! Get em boys!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Suhail: Huh! Not bad!
Phein: He still has room to laugh after tanking our attacks?
Procy: I guess a pirate boss has to be tough and all.
Anna: Su-Su's so strong! But like, crimes are BAD! If you wanna talk to EmmySees, just wait until, like, after the fest, god!
Procy: Yeah, MC's in the middle of work! ...so am I, for that matter.
Suhail: PFFFT, you think we'd come all this way just to talk? Boys!
Pirates: YEEEAAAAH
The pirates suddenly jump down and rush in and grab MC!

MC: WHAT

Procy: Oh no, MC!
Phein: I let my guard down because I thought we beat him!
Blue: Now now, we don't want to rough you up so don't resist, new guy.
Suhail: HA! How was our Bautista Pirate coop? Love you boys! Now that we're done, let's go and party!
The pirate wolves cheer.

MC: You came to kidnap me!?
Suhail: Yep! Now you're gonna be--
Evil birb!

MC: ...Monster! Now!?
Suhail: ...what? You're really gonna bluff now? Wow, you're hilarious MC! But that--
The Monster bird lands on Suhail's shoulder and pecks him!

Suhail: Ow! What!?
Suhail flails around and the bird flies off.

MC: ...oh, that was it! Suhail, you okay!?
Suhail: ...who the hell are you? I only care about fun and interesting stuff. Get lost.
Suhail lets MC go and stomps back to his ship.

MC: w-what?
Title Card: Stealing, Protecting, Snatched
Chirp chirp. what was the point of this single line

End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment