Saturday, June 10, 2023

Live A Hero Chocolate Festa Memories Episode 2 (Abridged)

Purple: BOOOOSSSSS
Suhail: What? Stop shouting, is it event time or something?
Purple: Date time with Boss? Oh my god, wou--I mean, I finished looking into the Mt. Fuji case you told me to look at!
Suhail: Damn, good job getting past all the news spinning! Now come here and sit on Daddy's lap. (pats lap)
Purple: (cries projectile tears) I can die a happy wolf! I'm so glad I found out MC was the Observer who brought back Mt. Fuji!
Suhail: (suddenly stops) Did you say MC? (gets up)
Purple: Y-yes, I'm sure!
Suhail: Holy shit they brought back a whole mountain that got slurped up like two hundred years ago? AWESOME!
Purple: B-Boss?
Suhail: Boys, we're grabbing MC for the crew! Captain Tronesion's orders! Hoist the space anchor and set sail!

Title Card: Premonitions of Love and Festivals

Earth
Anna: Oh, EmmySees! Over here!
MC: Morning / Hey Bestie!
It's festival day and Anna sent a text on where to meet. There is a HUGE school behind her and somehow it's all been decorated for Valentines.

MC: Wow, big / Hooray! / Girl how much money did that take
Anna: Totes cool, huh? Welcome to Sakuramoto High! I, like, worked really hard at this to make it all totes adorbs! It's almost all handmade, which sounds even more insane with how ginormous this place is!
Phein: ...this is today's battlefield? How does a school hold a celebration this big? Are all Earth schools like that...?
MC: Morning Phein / It's not a battlefield, god
(A) Phein: ...morning, MC. Did you eat breakfast yet?
(B) Phein: True, it isn't yet. But it will be if enemies appear, so be ready to run at any time.

Anna: Phinny! TYSM for coming to help!
Phein: ...my name is Phein. Earth may be peaceful, but Monsters and villains can randomly show up. It's my job to protect weaklings like students and Observers.
Anna: UGH, I said I'm a hero too, you know! I can throw hands if it comes to it!
Anna's stomach growls.
Anna: ...oops, tee hee.
Phein: ...what, you're hungry? I have cookies and candy if you want. (gives sweets to Anna)
Anna: OMG thanks, Phinny! I had to eat really early to get the fest ready, and the stall foods smell so good! I'll pay you back next time, promise! (picks up a cookie) Ooh, chocolate! Oh yeah, they're making these super cute chocolates that'd look great on Space Instagram! Let's go check it out later! ...oh wait, I need to explain today's work first.
Anna: Soooo I said this back on the gacha Ether Searcher, but I want you guys to patrol the fest area for villains and Monsters. We DO have school security, but like, they aren't heroes so they won't be any help if those things show up beyond calling for us. And uh...oh, have fun looking around!
MC: Okay cool / wait that's it? / I hope nothing happens
(BC) Anna: It's plenty that you two are here. You're, like, reassuring and stuff for people being present.

Phein: Understood. Send me the patrol routes later, first I want to get a feel of the layout.
Anna: Let's go! I'll be with you guys when I'm not handing out stuff or greeting people. (runs off)
Phein: (stares after Anna) What? What's she going to do if a fight breaks out? She's--
Anna: (comes back) "supposed to stay safe like a good girl" am I right? Yeah yeah, I know, I have things to do as a student here too. But if something does happen, wouldn't it be better to be close to a hero?
Phein: ...you can't say it's safe if battle could break out at any time. You too, MC. If it gets dangerous, go hide.
MC: It'll be easier to fight if we're together / You'll protect us!
Anna: I know, right? Better together! Now let's goooo!
Phein: (sighs and follows after MC and Anna)

Stall Area
Anna: This is the main area! We got a pretty big rooftop so it's up here.
Phein: Yes, big. The scale is mind blowing...
Anna: Inorite? Sakuramoto's an all-in-one for school levels below college and when I was first here I was like, whoooa... You'll get used to it! Anyways... (looks around)
Anna: That demo chocolate machine's supposed to be here soon...did the dealer come by yet?
Phein: Did you really have to get a dealer to come lend you a machine for making chocolate?
Anna: Yep! You guys hear about that one chocolate machine that, like, reads your mind?
MC: Oh the thing in the news / I think I have?
Anna: I don't get the details, but the thing can, like, choose shapes, flavors, and colorings based on your feelings! I don't think it's sold or lent to private citizens, so we arranged to have it for the fest.
Phein: A demo corner that gives food sounds good.
Anna: Right? The teachers even wanted to try having cooking classes with it!
MC: Simple demos are great! / You wanted to try it out, didn't you?
(B) Anna: Yep! If I don't have fun, how can I help other people enjoy things?

Suddenly!
Procy: Hey, you the client for the molecular gastronomy machine? ...MC? Why the hell are you h--
Procy's carrying a huge machine in his arms.
MC: Procy!
Anna: What, you two know each other? What a tweest!
MC: He's a hero who helped me a lot / He's Gomeisa's boss! / Gomeisa's not with you today?
---
(C) Procy: Yeah, he's off today. And this is something separate from my bar job anyway.
---
Anna: Oh, the bar owner's a hero? Wow, so that's why he has the gacha Ether Searcher!
Procy: Huh, you came to my bar, Miss? Call me Procy.
Anna: I'm Anna, one of the fest organizers and the client for the chocolate machi--
Phein notices Procy.
Phein: Procyon!? Why are you here?
Procy: Muliphein?
MC: You two know each other? Wow, small universe.
Phein and Procy seem to be looking for words to say.

MC: ...uh? How do you two know each other?

Procy: ...o-oh, we come from the same planet. He's an old childhood friend or something.
Phein: (frowns)
Procy: Man, I come here to do agent work with the chocolate machine and somehow I run into someone I know. Anyways Miss, were you the client?
Anna: O-oh, uh, yeah. Thanks for bringing the star attraction, Pro-Pro!
Procy: Pro-Pro? I know I'm small, but you do know I'm way older than you, right?
Anna: Oh yeah, Phinny said people from your planet are just like that. But isn't that, like, a way cuter name?
Procy: Tee hee, nice name Phinny.
Phein: ...it's Phein. You've sure changed if you're going by Procy now.
Procy: I guess. Eh, call me whatever Miss. Should I set the machine up around here?
Anna: Oh, this way Pro-Pro!
Procy: Alright then! It'll be good to go once it's up! (puts machine where Anna specifies)
Phein: (stares)

Later
Girl A: Wow, it's so pretty! I made this?
Boy B: Wow, maybe I should try it out too.
Visitor C: Ooh. U-um, can I try it too even though I'm not a student here?
There's a crowd of people come to see the machine.

Procy: YES, GIMME THE MONEY! Oh, hello! End of the line's there. Everyone will get a turn, so take a look at the instructions and make your own chocolate of love!
Anna: OMG Pro-Pro we have soooo many people coming!
Phein: ...he always was a money grubber, and I bet he does his main job the same way.
Procy: RUDE! Call it having sharp business senses, it sounds better!
MC: Wait, isn't this free? Procy's up to something!
Procy: RUDE! Okay fine I'll talk. I'm here to lend the machine, but if any get sold I get a huge cut. But if users like students don't like it, then buyers like schools won't go for it, so this is a necessary expense.
MC: Oh, make sense. How mercantile...

Procy smoothly manages the line. Everyone trying out the machine happily and carefully take their chocolates.
Procy: Things have slowed down, but it's going good. Now I just need to see what the people who made chocolate think... (looks around)
Visitor A: I'm so glad I came!
Girl B: Like, oh my god, let's take a picture of all our chocolates together!
The people leave.
Anna: I'm totes glad everyone's having fun!
Phein: ...wow, I knew chocolate was special but I never expected that big a response.
Anna: It's p awesome to get on the next hot trend...hey, that girl...
Serious Girl: Okay, it's all in there. It'll be okay...
Cheery Girl: Ooh, is that from the demo corner? Pretty.
Serious Girl: Uh, oh, y-yeah! Thanks...
Cheery Girl: What feelings did you put into it?
Serious Girl: Umm...I-I wanted to give this to you...
Cheery Girl: O-oh...you sure?
Stoic Phein. Surprised Anna. Amused Procy.
Serious Girl nods very hard and holds the chocolate out with shaky hands.

Cheery Girl: Thanks...uh, wanna eat them together over there?
And then the two go walk to some bench.

MC: Ahh, sweet love.
Procy: Go girl! That's pretty hard to do at that age.
Phein: ...is it really? I wouldn't know. What does giving sweets on Earth mean?
Procy: Oh right, it means something different here than on our birth planet. Here, it's a kind of love confession.
Phein: I understand even less now.
Procy: Culture! Anyways, people are talking about it and if it spreads that's even better for me!
Anna: Hey Pro-Pro I have an idea. Like, why don't I show you around since things have slowed down? You're a hero who came here too and all. You can advertise the machine while we go, and we can make things more fun for everyone! Two birds, one stone, love and peace for three!
MC: what / right, we should look around / I'm in!
(A) Procy: ...I think I know what you're saying, and it sounds good. I can set the machine on auto and watch it remotely, but we'd still need someone here...
Anna: Oh! We can ask one of the festies to keep watch for a little bit!
(B) Phein: Right, we should do that soon since we were hired as security...MC, get focused so you can tell us if you sense enemies.
Anna: Yay! Ready to go? I'll ask one of my fest club festies to watch the machine, so you come too Pro-Pro!
(C) Anna: Tee hee, I'm like, a genius. I knew you'd get into this EmmySees! Let's go! You too, Pro-Pro! I'll ask a festie to watch the machine for a bit!

And so the party starts going around the school.
Anna: OMG, those crepes are so good! And they give you as much sauce as you want! Chocolate is so good...which do you like, Phinny?
Phein: Any, really...are you hungry? Which do you like?
Anna: The one with strawberries and the one with orange. Oh, and the matcha flavored one!
Phein: Well you can just have them all. Owner, a strawberry, an orange, and a matcha crepe.
Anna: OMG I'm so going to get fat! Oh wait, we can share them all!
Next stop

Procy: Look, the scare house! Wanna go in, MC?
Anna: Whoo~, the evil ghosts of chocolate will come at you with chocolate~! Like, doesn't that sound fun!?
Phein: (frowns)
Procy: W-what? Let's not go in.
Anna: Aww...

Another stop
Phein: ...why are these drinks so thick?
Anna: Chocolate drinks! Wanna try one?
Phein: These are inappropriate for battlefield hydration. But a try won't hurt...whoa, how does Earth have something so good!?
Procy: Phein, no one in their right mind would give this out to soldiers as supplies.
Phein: ...this would be perfect for replenishing sugar in battle. I'd like one to go.
A little later
Procy: ...how should I advertise the chocolate machine to Earth students? I normally talk to people old enough to drink so I don't have any ideas yet.
MC: Hmm. Anna, what do you think?
Anna: Me? Like, visual impact's most important I think? That gets people's interest quick!
Procy: So...I should make a sign?
Anna: That's big too, but...oh, I got an idea! Come on, Pro-Pro!
Procy: W-what???

One costume shop visit later
Bancho Procy: WHAT
Anna: Impact equals cosplay, mic drop! I hear this is, like, an old legendary student fashion style!
MC: Looks good, Procy / A gakuran! / Cute!
Phein: ...heh.
Procy: DID YOU JUST LAUGH AT ME
Anna picks Procy up like a doll and looks him over.

Anna: Like OMG that is totes adorbs! Pro-Pro, let's take a double selfie!
Procy: What? No, don't leave any evidence on the space net of me looking like thi--
Anna: But you're so keeewt~! I thought lots of customers would come see you if they saw that...like, there's tons of us on social media so that could be a good be for exposure...
Procy: HNG
Anna: But if you don't want to, then okay.
Procy: (shakes)
Procy: ...hurry it up. Just one pic, for exposure.
Anna: THIS IS GONNA BE SO AWESOME
Procy: I HATE YOU SO MUCH
Anna: Here we go! Say "festie"! (click)

MC: You could just say no / Methinks milord doth protest too much
Anna: (uploads pic) Annnd sent! I hope, like, tons of people come see you! Oh, and the shopkeep said we can keep the costume all day! Don't forget to return it when you go home.
Procy: ...I have to wear this all day? At least it's easy to move in.
MC: Welp, advertising requirements, what can you do / I bet lots of people will come!
Procy: Meh, I'll wear whatever for money. So what now?
Anna: I have to say, like, hi to everyone at the ceremony. Oh! How about we go together? More advertising!
MC: Is that okay? / Yeah!
Anna: I got it! And people can relax if I show we got more heroes here!
Phein: ...oh, okay. I don't have anything to say, but I'm good to go if that's fine.
Procy: Me too. I'm already here, might as well sell it hard.
Anna: Gucci! This way.
And so Anna pushes the party to the main stage.

Main stage area
Student Host: Hello everyone, welcome! Let's present the organizers.
Anna: Hiiii, I'm Anna and I'm part of the fest organizer club! Hope you all have so much fun, thanks for the teachers and everyone helping for, like, everything they do! And here's the heroes who came to help with security! Clap clap!
Cheers and applause!

Procy: Heh, nice...wait I'm not actually on security work he--
Student A: Wow, I wanna see the heroes fight!
Student B: Three heroes, cool! Anna, show off your suit!
Student C: Yeah, show us your ultimates!
Anna: Uhh...I guess they, like, want us to do a hero show?
Student Host: We can fit it into the schedule, so go ahead if you like!

Anna: So...whatcha guys think?
Phein: ...well as long as it's not dangerous, a mock battle is fine. Patrolling is all we have to do so far. And it's a good time to show you what I can do.
Procy: I charge for this!
MC: But the exposure! / Isn't this a good time to hype things? / Come on, it's a festival!
Procy: ...oh okay fine...
Anna: Wait what, you guys are IN!? Then can I join too? Phinny, you need to see how I fight too! And MC, I want you to operate for me! Pleeease?
MC: Okay. Procy, transform time!
Procy and Anna suit up!

MC: Wow, that's your suit Anna? / Awesome! / Cute...
(C) Anna: O-oh! Thanks.

Anna: Tee hee, how's my suit? Or dress I guess. I fight with dancing!
Procy: Whoa, that's your Parallel Weapon? I recognize that vibe since I know another hero who dances to use their Parallel Weapon.
Anna: Wait, are you talking about Gomeisa!? Whoa, so many heroes for real! I've, like, never seen heroes outside my agency so this is p cool.
MC: Phein, you too now! Ready?
Phein nods. MC clicks on their phone. Poof, Broken Suit Phein!

MC: ...w-wait, what
Phein: ...sorry, I know it looks bad, but it won't affect my fighting. It's always been like this, but I can still do my job. Give me your orders as you will.
Procy: Phein, what's with your... Does this have anything to do with our last conversation back when I--
Phein: >:C
Phein: ...MC, we should start. Anna, ready? Don't get hurt.
Anna: U-uh, yeah I'm gucci! Since EmmySees is operating for me, I guess I'm on the same team as Phinny! Pro-Pro, go ahead and go all out!
Procy: ...sure, I'll make it exciting.
Phein: >:C
MC: ...Phein? Did something happen?
Phein continues glaring.

MC: ...okay, I'm ready. Let's go.
Anna: Coolio! Keep your eyes peeled, everybody!
BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment