Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Chapter 14 Episode 6: Downfall 3 (Abridged)

Flashback!
Cop: Bwuh? AAAAAA
Barong: Heyo! Did you get high off those feels and get that nothing's as good as a show in the this world? In a show, you put out everything of yourself. Everything.
Cop: I'll do it! Give me more!
Barong: Cool! Welcome to the Entertainers, newbie!
Later
Beowulf cuts another MC(?)! Except this one was that one cop.
Present

Beowulf: Everything makes sense now! You've been brainwashing other people into your guild and making them into decoys!
Christine: Brainwashing is such an ugly accusation. We just gave them Infinite Joy, and they decided to give everything up to join our show. It's okay, everyone you cut down volunteered for it.

Beowulf: You fight good for an actress!
Christine: It's BECAUSE I'm an actress. You enjoy fighting, so I can take the part of a sword fighter to entertain you.
Beowulf: Dammit, another sword broke. Wyrm, be a good pack mule and get me another one!
Wyrm does so.
Beowulf: Hell yeah! (swipes)
Christine: What a shockingly casual (dis)regard for your artifact.
Beowulf: I'll use anything if I can keep fighting! I can get old or lose my mind and I can go if I have a sword. Just like the trophy, or else I can't keep fighting dragons!
Christine: So that's why you joined the Game Masters. But games are supposed to be fun, so I hope you enjoy our new screenplay.
Beowulf: ...why'd you guys team up with the Rule Makers?
Christine: :))))
Fighting intensifies!

Barguest: Wanderers, come in! I got new info from Yurakucho!

Arakawa
Arc: Thanks for helping me. The Rule Makers have been on me for forever. Why are you guys so close to the East's territory?
Hermes: Hey Qursha. That a new member?
Qursha: No, I helped them get away from the Rule Makers. Did Barguest call?
Hermes: Yep. We finally got some good info on the Yurakucho case. I can go cut a deal with Tajikarao with it!
Arc: ...oh right, you're the Arakawa Wanderers.
Qursha: And I know you, Otemachi guildmaster.

Arc: ...is this your Portal?
Qursha: Nah, we don't have one. Well actually, we keep ditching them. We never stay put anywhere, which is how we survived against the Rule Makers. Other resistance forces have been forced to "cooperate" with them.
Arc: ...is that a euphemism for brainwashing?
Qursha: Sort of, but worse. Did you see the things the drone pilots were wearing on their heads? They're Mind Expanders that tell them what to do and how to best work together and use themselves. Basically it tells them it's pointless to rebel against the Rule Makers.
Hermes: Give them the Pentagon secrets next, why don't you.
Qursha: It's cool, I know about the Genociders rumors too. Arc, you've got beef with them, right?
Chapter 8 flashback!

Arc: ...yeah, I owe them payback for my family, and the bill is big.
Qursha: ...okay. That fire in your eyes brings me back so far that I'm a little jealous. Anyway, were you really going to charge in alone?
Arc: Yes, and there's someone I need to take back with me. But the drones spotted me.
Qursha: Oh. Well turning back was the right idea. No one who went in ever came back. Like there was another guy who went in some time ago and hasn't come back. Dalai Avarga? He might be "cooperating" with the Rule Makers too now.
Arc: ...I heard you guys were using partisan anti-occupation policies against them.
Qursha: It's not THAT awesome. There's all kinds of causes, but the main thing is that we basically have no overlapping viewpoints with the Rule Makers.
Arc: what
Qursha: You know what belief keeps the Rule Makers together?
Arc: what?
Qursha: A god that has unconditional love and free mercy that isn't here but will guide us all to salvation. But as Wanderers, we decide where we're going to go.

Yurakucho
MC: The fog! Where'd Kirito go?
So much fog.

MC: Ow!
Kirito: ...wow, you're strong and managed to graze that. Or is it just that I'm weak?
Bigfoot: Nobody hurt MC!
MC: Bigfoot? / No, get back!
Bigfoot: It okay. Me, do anything for you.
MC: You're really protecting me...?
Bigfoot: ...me, understand Wakan Tanka's last feelings. Heyoka, hurt him. But, hurt healed, free mercy for all. Protecting you, joy. Me, love you.
MC: Bigfoot... / I love you too
(B) Bigfoot is surprised but happy.

Kirito: ...did you just say free mercy for all and understanding? Heh. Fuck you in particular for not knowing anything!
MC: Kirito? / What are you laughing for? / No stop!
Kirito: ...Mononobe taught me things I didn't want to know. I knew it was going to happen, but it doesn't mean I had to like or accept it. So I learned there's no such thing as free mercy for all and a family you can count on.
MC: What? What did Mononobe tell--
Kirito: I learned ignorance is bliss. I want no part of a world you're better off killed in. I'll kill you myself, and then I'll finally get out of this shithole stage they call a city!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Yuma (narrating): Every time I see a furry I always think about how I wish I was born as one. Except I was born a human. If there is a God, why did this happen? Being human is embarrassing and sucks, so I go shut myself in a cage to suppress my inner beast.
Present
An angry beast broke out of its cage!

Angels: This is the team at the Ueno Dorm! We found the Ueno guildmaster! We'll be okay as long as we follow the directions we get on--OH NO
The beast lashes wildly and instinctively! And then Yuma runs out on all fours.
Yurakucho

Christine: Beowulf, remember how you asked why the Rule Makers allied with us? It's because we want the same thing.
Arakawa

Arc: ...the Rule Makers want the advent of the All-Powerful All-Knowing?
Qursha: Yeah, it explains everything. But do you believe it?
Underwater Shinagawa

Turing: Logically speaking, an All-Powerful All-Knowing being cannot exist in this world so long as there are limits. That also means they would have to exist outside the world.
Isaac: ...yep, if they're just one singular being anyways. But that makes room for the argument that they CAN exist if they aren't one singular being.

Yurakucho
Bigfoot: Storm!
MC: This is just like before...
Bigfoot: Me, representative of Great Mystery. If no Great Mystery here, then me can use same power.
MC: what?
Bigfoot: All things in nature. All-Powerful All-Knowing, inside me. So, me can save everyone without hurting anyone.
The storm blows the fog away!

MC: Wow!
Kirito: ...thanks, took you long enough. (poof)
MC: wait how'd he do that anyway
Bigfoot: (stabbed)
MC: Wait what? Bigfoot! What'd you do, Kirito!?
Kirito: My artifact is weak and can't take anyone in this world down. But that means I can argue it CAN take down someone who isn't in this world.

Bigfoot: (coughs blood)
MC: Kirito you stop this right now!
Kirito: (smug)
MC: (look away from Kirito to cover Bigfoot)
Bigfoot: MC!
MC: ...wait, haven't I seen this somewhere before?
Christine: Yes, this happened in a past loop once. Kirito stabbed you and you died. But, no rehashes! New script time!
Kirito: ...bye, my one-time family.
Kirito's knife touches Bigfoot and MC's arm with the ring on it.

Bigfoot: !?
The colors of the world invert!

MC: Why do I hear music
Live streamers are coming in!(?)

MC: wait what
Bigfoot: (coughs) No!
MC: An Exception...? No wait, something's different!

Christine: ...we can't let this loop go by. This is the only loop where Bigfoot became Wakan Tanka's representative, which makes him both an Urban Legend and an All-Powerful All-Knowing being part of the Entertainers. Now the conditions have been met.
Shinagawa
Isaac: Simple logic says an All-Powerful All-Knowing being exists, but it also says it doesn't exist.
Turing: Paraconsistent logic as academia calls it?
Isaac: Yeah, a god cannot exist alone in this world, but you can if you get someone else to be the "doesn't exist" part of the equation.
Yurakucho
King Solomon!

MC: Mononobe...? No, wait!
Christine: Well done for all you've done in your role, MC. Behold the mediator of the All-Powerful All-Knowing!
MC: ...something else is coming!
It is the being of the concept of Nothing.
Elsewhere

Karen Curren: ...all according to keikaku. Come, Dead End of Human Evolution, Alibi of Utopia. The Zero Exception Overlord!
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment