Sunday, June 4, 2023

Live A Hero Chocolate Festa Memories Episode 1 (Abridged)

One day
Procy: Ooh, a chocolate machine that literally turns your feelings into something solid? Molecular gastronomy is awesome! I'm so investing in this so it can print me money! Now, who would want a chocolate machine...?
Elsewhere, maybe later

Newscaster: Stalking cases on the rise in Orient City. In other news, look at the world's only chocolate machine that turns your feelings into chocolate!
It's early afternoon and MC is having lunch somewhere.

MC: Sounds like something Hisaki would help out with / Would Crowne be interested in that? / Mokdai would like that
Hey, a familiar voice!

Hitomi: Wow, that's amazing!
Kouki: I didn't know a machine like that existed.
MC: Hitomi! / Oh wow, Kouki's on the news / Hmm...

Kouki: What's molecular gastronomy?
Newscaster: The study of food on a molecular level. This machine makes chocolates with the best tastes and shapes them according to your surface thoughts.
Hitomi: That's so cute! I'm going to post it to my space social media accounts!
Kouki: Me too! Where I can I try it out?
Newscaster: Some specialty chocolate shops will be demoing it. Check there.
Hitomi: Thank you! Doesn't it seem like fun, Kouki?
Kouki: Yeah! I love sweets! Oh hey this shop is close to where I'm filming something. Watch my new TV drama coming next month!
Sirius: Bark!
MC: Those two are working hard. I wonder who at the office likes chocolate?

MC finishes and gets up to leave, still thinking about the news. When they turn around...
Anna: Like, what am I going to do? Should I, like, talk to someone?
Anna is staring at the floor while thinking. MC is still looking at the TV while leaving. Of course they bump into each other.
MC: Oof! Sorry, you okay?
Anna: Oh! No, I'm sorry for not watching where I'm going! You okay!?
Anna happens to notice MC's business card ID on their phone as they both get up.

Phone: MC, Parallel Flight Official Operator
MC: I'm okay. You?
Anna: Oh, uh, I'm cool! ...say, are you, like, part of a hero agency?
MC: Uh, yes? I'm an Operator. Why?
Anna: For real!? Yes! Could I, like, talk to you!?

Title Card: Gyarus, Meetings, and Chocolates

Anna: Anyways, I'm Anna! I'mma 3rd year student at Sakuramoto High. NTMY, Ops!
MC: w-what / Whoo, bestie! / Nice to meet you, Anna
MC and Anna are sitting at a table in the restaurant.

Anna: You can call me Anna! Can I call you EmmySees?
MC: Okay!
Back on topic!

MC: So, why are you looking to talk to someone in a hero agency?
Anna: Hold up, I gotta back up and 'splain things first. I wanted to start up a fest club...and I did!
MC: what / human dynamo alert / Sounds fun!
(C) Anna: Ohmigawd I know RIGHT!? I invented a whole new club and it is SO KEWL!

Anna: So like my fest club? We plan and organize fests for school and stuff. We've had, like, nothing since winter break, like for real. I love the classic Japanese school festivities, so that's why I came up with the fest club!
MC: Awesome! / I love those too
Anna: Teen memory making has to happen now! So I went to the student councils and teachers to, like, talk it out. They said they'll try it out and if it works? They'll totes make it a yearly thing! So for the first event, I'm doing a chocolate fest.
MC: Aren't you graduating next year even if you pull it off...?
Anna: Yep! Strike while the iron's hot, and stuff. I mean, if I graduate I can't do anything with the club anymore anyways, so I might as well do it now while I can! (stares at glass)

Anna: So like the teachers said okay? But if we're gonna do this, we'll need heroes. Events like these might have Monsters and junk, you know? But everyone I asked said they were already busy, so I gotta check out other agencies. (sighs and pulls up her phone schedule)
Anna: The fest day is coming up soon, and I can't change it because the prep work for that day's been happening. And like, I don't want to waste it all and disappoint everyone, but I know like literally no hero outside my agency...
MC: Oh
...

MC: ...wait, you're a hero too?
Anna: Yep, with Galaxy Athletes! I'm still in the academy division, but I got a license!
MC: I think I've heard of that one before...
Ring ring!

MC: Sorry, phone!

Huckle: Sorry to call on your day off. Is now a good time?
MC: Yes. What's up?
Huckle: Oh, it's not an emergency or anything. Someone came to see you.
Hydoor: S'up MC. I came to visit, and it turns out you ain't here. Figured I may as well call you up at least.
MC: Hydoor, long time no see! / Hi Hydie, how ya doin'? / whomst
(A) Hydoor: Heh, good to see ya doin' alright.
(C) Hydoor: You sayin' you forgot me!?
MC: No, I remember you, Hydie [Go to B] / Nah, it was last summer, right?
(B) Hydoor: UGH I told you to stop calling me that

Hydoor: ...huh? Anna? You know MC or somethin'?
Anna: ...Hydie-senpai! Like ohmigawd, you know EmmySees?
MC: WHAT / Oh right that was Hydoor's agency!
Hydoor: Stop calling me that, dammit! Ugh, you shoulda said you knew each other.
Anna: Oh, I met them like literally five minutes ago. We're talking over drinks!
Huckle and Hydoor: !?
Anna: What?
Hydoor: ...are you guys already dating? Did you hit on her?
Huckle: ...I know it's your off time to do as you will, but a high schooler...?
MC: NOT LIKE THAT

Later
Huckle: Oh okay.
Hydoor: So you didn't hit on a high schooler? Cool.
MC: I barely escaped with my life!
Hydoor: Oh yeah, I heard 'bout that sudden call that everyone's away on. Monster attack broke out and delayed the meetings. All the sponsored heroes had to go.
Anna: I'm, like, still in school so I didn't have to go. I DID think about double duty as being security, but the teachers were like, "ohmigawd no Anna you have to do your stuff as leader of the fest club too."
Hydoor: I'm flashing back to that one swimsuit they stuck me in for work now...
Anna: Your new age swimsuits rock, Hydie-senpai!
Hydoor: I wore them because it was work! It ain't like I actually liked them!
Anna: But you were sooo FIRE in them! EmmySees, did you see him in them?
MC: I wanna see! / bruh...

Hydoor: Man, they stick me in the freakiest swimsuits. PR work can't excuse ALL of them, god! This job sucks sometimes. But enough about me, whatcha guys gonna do?
Huckle: Hmm...we're already booked up. Maybe Heroic Educators since this is a school festival...but this is also the exam time of year so I doubt they'll be able to help either.
MC checks their schedule.

MC: I could go, but we'd still need to find heroes...
Anna: For real for real!? Like, I actually needed an Operator too actually so this works out! I got my deposit back because my request to my agency got declined so I got a budget to hire someone...I hope it's enough...
Huckle: We can discuss the fees another time. If MC can go, then I'm okay with it. You want to help, right?
MC: Yes, it must be fate / Gotta help people in trouble / I wanna help Anna
---
(C) Anna: Aww, EmmySees... TYSM!
---
Huckle: Aww, I remember when I went through that too. Well if we can help, let's do it. Anna, you said you're in Sakuramoto Chuo Academy's high school section? I'll do the dispatch contract since you'll need to look for heroes. MC, call me if you need to adjust your work schedule. I'll set things up so you can go that day.
Hydoor: Wow MC, you CAN work. You should probably go see Boss.
MC: who / Oh!
Hydoor: Boss Procy. He knows people, people go to his place. And he has the gacha Ether Searcher, so you can look for heroes there.

Later
Gomeisa: Welcome, MC!
MC: Huh, it's open / Hi again Gomeisa! / Haven't seen you since Christmas
---
(C) Gomeisa: Yes, Christmas so fun! Happy see you again!
---
It's Procy's bar.

Gomeisa: Girl behind...friend? Hi, I Gomeisa!
Anna: Nice to meet you, I'm Anna!
Gomeisa: Nice meet you! Wow, few young people come!
MC: Well it IS a bar...
Anna sizes up Gomeisa.

Anna: ...hey Gomeisa, you a dancer? You're built like one!
Gomeisa: Build? Love dancing! Danceded for God.
Anna: What? Whatevs, awesome! We should, like, totes dance together sometime! See my dance club moves!
Gomeisa: Yay!
MC: ...wait, you're in the dance club too?

Anna: Yep! I, like, kick butt at dancing! I mean sure I care lots about the fest club, but dance is my everything! I wear lots of shoes in my life!
MC: Isn't the expression about hats?
Gomeisa: Uh? Wear shoes okay?
MC: I can't handle this. Uh, OH. Where's Procy? The sign outside said closed.
Nobody else seems to be around.

Gomeisa: Oh, Boss out today, no food making. I sorry... Boss said getting "bizz-ness chans"?
MC: Oh, sorry to come while you're closed. Can we use the Ether Searcher?
Gomeisa: Oh okay! Boss show me how work!

Ether Searcher room
Gomeisa: Uhh, Boss say press this button...huh? This one...? What? (thump) ...sorry, MC know how?
MC: I-it's okay! I've used it before, so I can do it! And Procy would be mad if we broke it...
MC types in the necessary info to set up a contract that Anna provides.

Anna: Gomeisa, we have to, like, pay to use the Ether Searcher right? Can you, like, invoice my school?
Gomeisa: Okay, can do that! One moment... Oh, Anna, what kind hero good?
Anna: Oh yeah, I was only told to get heroes so...oh, the teachers would be happy with someone good at security! Hey EmmySees, you sees anyone like that?
MC: Oh okay, lemme plug that in!
MC clicks the security check box.

MC: I wonder who will show up...?

The Ether Searcher shines as it searches for a hero, then opens up a window when it stops glowing.
Phein: I took your call. I'm Phein...you the boss hiring me?
MC: ...n-nice to meet you Phein. / A dragon! / C-cute!
---
(C) Phein: D-did you just call me cute? I may look like this, but I'm an older man.
---
Gomeisa seems excited to see Phein.

Gomeisa: Wow, nice meet you Phein! Cute like Boss!
Anna: Ohmigawd, you are totes cute! We should, like, take a pic together!
Phein: ...are you calling me small? It's okay, you can just say it. It's how we are from my home planet. I don't know who you mean by Boss, but I'm still kind of big for my home area. I can fight, no worries. So, where am I going to battle?
MC: Uh, I feel like there's a misunderstanding here.

Phein: You AREN'T hiring me to lead an attack or recon? What's this job then? ...you got my contract, right? From my agency Guild Eagle Eyes.
MC looks at the contract.

MC: A merc dispatch office? / Pros for wars, VIP bodyguards, and base defense!? / So many scary words...
Anna: OMG you're a real legit merc Phinny!? Holy hotcakes, I've never seen one before!
Phein: ...my name is Phein. Are you...a student?
Anna: Yep, I'm Anna! Nice to meet you!
Phein: So...you're a kid. If you're related to the job, then don't go into any battlefields. It's no place for powerless children, and there you have to listen to me. Got it?
Anna: I can fight! Calling me powerless is like SO rude, you know?
Phein: ...it's fine, you can hate me. Children should be good and stay home.
Phein: ...by the way, you are eating enough, right?
Anna: ...uhh, yeah? I ate plenty today, so I gotta get moving later.
Phein: ...oh, okay then. I'll give you candy when we meet, so be sure to listen to me. Got it?
MC: ...you walk around with candy in your pockets? / You seriously expect that to work on a high schooler?
(B) Anna: OMG YES thanks Phinny!
Gomeisa: Yay, Anna! Want candy too now...

Anna: (whispers) Hey, EmmySees?
Anna: You think Phinny's, like...trying to be nice or something? It really bugs me that he labeled me a weak child, but...feels weird.
MC: ...maybe something happened. / Merc code?
Phein clears his throat and looks at MC.

Phein: So, boss? Can you tell me your name and what this job is?
MC: I'm MC, but I'm not the one who's hiring you...
Phein: MC, huh? Then, who hired me?
Anna: ME! I need you to save the Sakuramoto High Fest Club! (raises hand) Now that we got a hero and an Op, we're gucci for now! Looks like the Choco Fest is on!
Phein: ...excuse me what
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment