Sunday, June 25, 2023

Chapter 14 Episode 10: Grand Guild Alliance 1 (Abridged)

Witch Barrier Yurakucho
MC: Get back, zombies! Quantum, get behind me! (goes for sword)
Quantum: ...um, what are you doing MC?
MC: What? Getting my-- / Okay I know violence is wrong but--
Quantum: ...that won't work. I said so already. Everyone who comes here lost their role, and that means they can't use their powers.
MC: U-uh, my sword's gone...and MY ARM TOO!?
Yep. Gone.

MC: W-when? Back then!?

Yurakucho
Christine: Ooh, welcome honored patron, the All-Knowing All Exception King Solomon.
Christine is vibrating.
Christine: Please enjoy our last humble show for you. I will be your guide...
King Solomon: (stares in blank)
Big thumping footstep. There's a sword by King Solomon's feet. Also an arm with a summoner mark on it.

Christine: Oh excuse me, let me pick that up.
Christine does so and touches the ring on it.

Solomon: Father!? Is that you!?
King Solomon-Mononobe: ...yeah, sorry I left you alone so long.
Solomon: GASP! That voice!

Mononobe: My side over here remembers everything of my time when I was over there with you.
Solomon: wait what
Mononobe: It's okay. Take my hand.
Solomon: Ahhh...
Solomon wavers.

Barguest: STOP
Christine: ...what is the meaning of this? You shouldn't yell in front of a guest like that.
Barguest: Shove it up your ass! Where'd MC go? What just happened!?
Christine: ...
Christine: MC has fallen from this world because they lost their role and existence for being.
Barguest: what
Christine: Those with no roles are unneeded on stage. It's the same for returning what you borrowed or held on to, or for stand-ins.

Bizarro Yurakucho
MC: Solomon, come here! ...Solomon!? (It's not working!)
The Not Zombies approach!

Quantum: ...this way.
MC: What? W-wait! (runs after)
Yurakucho

Barguest: Chains of the Unfortunate!
Barguest steals MC's arm from Christine with his chains!

Christine: What are you doing?
Barguest: You called MC an unneeded stand-in? MC helped me and Kenta way back when nobody else did.
Barguest: I lived from paycheck to paycheck, working for other guilds, living a sad life with Kenta in a dump. And then...we met them. Bad luck follows me, but it's also what brought us together in a bond of fate. I owe them for helping me and Kenta. And this is proof they existed! (runs)
Christine: !?
Christine: After him.
Live Streamers give chase!

Alleyway
Barguest: Getting...old...sucks!
Barguest is outnumbered and in enemy territory, so it's not going to take long for him to get caught.

Barguest: Hobos have their way of doing this! Hex Chains!
The power of bad luck causes a bunch of walls to collapse and fall on everyone including Barguest!

Barguest: (climbs out) ...good thing I'm so tough.
Barguest pulls out his phone.

Barguest: Wanderers, help!

Other Yurakucho
Quantum: We lost them. You okay?
MC: T-thanks...but why'd you help me?
Quantum: ...somebody helped me too once, back when I knew nothing about what was going on.
Hmm, Guild Dispatch intro flashback... It feels just like yesterday for Quantum.

Quantum: I've said it before, but you look a lot like them.
MC: ...oh. Well thanks then.
Quantum: ...you know, you can still live even if you don't have power. Just like me. I woke up on this side of the catbox, weak and undetermined in the maybe alive sense. It still had its perks, what with me meeting new people here. So...I don't know how to say this, but you too should...
MC: what? / Are you trying to cheer me up? / ...

Quantum: Well, I thought it'd be a shock to lose what you had...especially if you lost what you had to begin with.
MC: ...it wasn't always mine from the start. I remember something like this happening before.
Quantum: ...huh?
MC: (remembers Chapter 13)
Remember when Mu and Leviathan fused? And how Wakan Tanka and Tangaroa Inf. both cut themselves off from their original selves and were put inside the Exceptions? What if this divided state is related to solving the Exception?

Quantum: (stares in Schrodinger)
What if one of the goals was for the Exception starters to take off a part of themselves? What if a similar reason is why the new Exceptions appeared?
Shinagawa

Isaac: Okay Karen Curren, looks like things are going to your plan so far. You probably shouldn't underestimate MC though. They've been gathering unique memories this run, so they might trip you up~.
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment