Monday, June 19, 2023

Chapter 14 Episode 9: Missing Link 3 (Abridged)

This is what Taishakuten has to say about Ahura Mazda and his home world.
Taishakuten: The first world would be Garothman, and it makes everything clearly distinctive from each other like good and evil, zero and one, and all that crap!
Garothman is the archetype otherworld because it made the Last Judgment setup. When a world ends, it splits its people between good people going to heaven and people who...aren't. Even Eden used Garothman as a reference when making that System. World Representative Ahura Mazda is the one on top of Garothman and its judge.
Taishakuten: You're asking ME about Ahura Mazda? He's a superman! Just like Superman! Even when he's passing judgment he's trying to make sure he's not going overboard. He's so good it makes me sick! Gag me with a spoon already, boy scout! If he's good, then I wanna be evil...what, would I want to fight him if I see him to see who's on top?
Taishakuten's pratical catchphrase is that the greatest thing in life is an unparalleled rival.

Taishakuten: Nah, I'm not his enemy. Not in the strength sense. We just don't mesh.
In Garothman, everyone with a role and power has a counter. Like, Taromaiti's power of corruption is countered by her rival Armaiti, whose power is meant to abide by virtue.

Taishakuten: What, Ahura Mazda's rival? The Evil superman who will only be born once in a single world who'll have one big battle for the world with him. He's Ahriman!

Present
Horus: I STILL can't believe you support an alliance with the Entertainers.
Horus and Ahura Mazda have known each other for a long time as fellow Rule Makers reps with World Pillars. Horus knows Ahura Mazda as a kind and strong superman who abides no injustice, not really the sort of man who'd be interested in fun or pleasure.
Ahura Mazda: I approve of the Entertainers' actions and I want the same thing they do.
Horus: What DO you want actually because--
Ahura Mazda readies his artifact. Horus follows suit.

Horus: No more answers? A shame. I'm sure you keeping me in the dark is from your sense of kindness...but to me? It is the highest insult for which you must pay for!
Ahura Mazda: By order of the Lord of Wisdom, Light of Intervention!
Horus: By order of the Sky God, Grand Resurrection!
Nobumichi: WHAT

Asakusa
Angels: Surrender, Asakusa and Aoyama guilds! The Last Judgment is at hand, sinners and believers! Do not resi--
Taishakuten: Shut the fuck up and stop spouting Bible quotes! Indra's Lighting!
BOOM
Taishakuten: Go find some creativity, come up with some NEW lines!
Gouryou: Bruh, I'm so glad he's helping us now...
Motosumi: We're still under siege, Maria. If we don't cut them off, they'll just keep coming until they take the Portal. Then they'll just pick us off and pressgang us.
Maria: I think so too. Right now, only the true big three guilds and the management guilds have the initiative. Nobody else can stand up to them, and we are stuck in the dark.
Motosumi: ...yeah, we're in the dark here. What do they even want?
Maria: We don't even know why they allied.

Maria: The Rule Makers are one of the true big three guilds. They're supposed to be trying to win the game and getting MC, but this time I've heard they're prioritizing purging the abnormality inside MC. By which, they'll take MC apart and remove it, then settle things next loop. I get that, but...the Yurakucho guild wants something else. They said if this is the best thing ever, they won't need to think about next time. It should clash with the Rule Makers plans eventually, so how did they ever come to an agreement? Are they not all in agreement, or is there some other reason?
Motosumi: I don't know how smart people thiink...
Maria: I don't know much about the Entertainers. Maybe I should ask Nyarlathotep about them.
Tianzun: (fuzzy) Hmm, I might know something.
Motosumi: Man, where the hell did our guildmaster go?
Maria: Yeah, where is he now that you mention him?
Motosumi: He always wanders off whenever he feels like, just like his stupid goddamn teach--
Tianzun: (clear) Excuse me, I have some foresight at least, thank you.
Motosumi: Stop blowing smoke up your ass, jackass! If the two of you were here, then--BWAAH!?
Maria: H-how long have you been there?

Tianzun: I've been here the whole time.
Motosumi: You're giving me a heart attack, Tianzun-sensei!
Tianzun: Haha, hello little children. How are you all?
Maria: ...you teach at Umamichi, Tianzun-sensei?
Motosumi: Pfft, like he deserves respect. He's just some creeper old geezer that blinks in and out of sight depending if he's on your mind. I mean, he's somehow super wise and reliable, but the stress on your heart man...
Azazel: Oh, like a counselor? He's just like me.
Motosumi: Dammit, do you have any idea what's been happening while you were gon--
Tianzun: Yep. The Yurakucho and Chuo guilds have allied, Aoyama has fallen, and we are under attack.
Motosumi: what
Maria: Huh?

Tianzun: I know what's happening. Even the part of my favorite student and our guildmaster disappearing. I've been making plans for this day. Ha ha, surprised? Remember that the path of Tao knows all--(bonk)
Motosumi: Why didn't you say anything earlier!?
Tianzun: PLEASE HAVE MERCY
Maria: M-Motosumi, please stop choking him!
Tianzun: GAAASP! I thought I was gonna die! ...anyways, you are the Aoyama Missionaries guildmaster Maria, yes?
Maria: R-right.
Tianzun: I came to speak to you in place of my absentee student.
Maria: ...about what?
Tianzun: About our predicament and our all or nothing plan to get out of it.

Motosumi: You got something that could work here???
Tianzun: Yep. You said we were in the dark on this stage, right Motosumi?
Motosumi: How the hell did you catch that? Urge to punch, rising...
Tianzun: H-hold on, deep breaths now, happy place. Calm, yes? So, they're all fighting each other and ignoring us, leaving us in the dark with little idea of what's happening. In which case, we should get everyone in the outs all cut off from each other to link up together!
Motosumi: what
Gouryou: Ahhh, I see.
Maria: Wait, are you suggesting--
Tianzun: We link up with all the other guilds for the grand guild alliance!
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment