Friday, March 31, 2023

Valentine Snow Fight Episode 5 Part 2 (Abridged)

Airavata (narrating): Deva Loka is the world of eternal reincarnation. The ideas of near and far mean nothing because there's no goal to strive for. I was given the job of sucking up water and turning it into rain, making the world turn in one big cycle. I did it over and over, and I was happy I was helping.
Airavata (narrating): Deva Loka isn't the only world with reincarnation though. There I was despised as my opposite, so we were split off into the helpful to the world side and the not helpful side. And all because of a difference of faith and worlds. We walked very different paths, so I will save you and work in your place.
Airavata (narrating): You've been struggling with the illusion of finally succeeding in your efforts, and you get mad respect for that Girimekhala. But you'll never get anywhere. Things will always be the same and go the same way, but there is meaning in knowing. Salvation can come from knowing you'll always fail. You can stop, and I'll turn your tears into a rain of blessing.

Present
Airavata: Girimekhala will disappear from Tokyo.
Girimekhala: Urgh!
MC: NO
Airavata floods Girimekhala with light!

Girimekhala: I get it...I'll always be this way.
Airavata: I'm showing him the future. His fate won't change, so nothing will change if he gives up. He's decided to push the quit button on his time here.
MC: He's disappearing...?
Girimekhala: MC...I always wanted to be helpful to someone. I wanted to stand proud, not trip over my feet, and say it's okay to leave things to me. It never happened. When Airavata said it wasn't my fault, I thought it was great that it wasn't because I didn't try hard enough! But now that I thought that, I can't face my old master or my Umamichi friends anymore!
Airavata: ...it's okay, I'll fulfill your role for you. You can stop now, and leave it to m--
MC: STOP, we aren't done here!

Airavata: ...why do you stop me? Why make him suffer any more? No one can live in an unseen future without hope, and Girimekhala can't even progress towards or away anything.
MC: You're wrong, there's more choices than that.
Airavata: ...you shouldn't just say these things. False hope is cruel.
MC: I'm not talking out of my ass. (thinks back to Barong)
Airavata: Hmm. I see you aren't completely shooting in the dark, but you aren't completely sure either.
Shinya: Girimekhala...can I speak with you?
Girimekhala: S-Shinya? Well okay, but you can just forget me...
Shinya: I can't, because I'm just like you.
Girimekhala: What? But you're amazing.
Shinya: No, we're the same. I've kept making the same mistakes over and over again too.
Girimekhala: ...what?

Shinya: People keep liking me without me wanting them to. I hated my power. People's feelings intensify. It's fun at first, but then people want more than just being with me. They want my undivided attention and reject everyone else. I can't return those feelings, so it was hard. I tried distancing myself, I tried approaching first, but nothing worked. Just living was hard...so I ran. Nothing changed. I wondered why I had to live like this. Why did nothing work after all I tried, through no fault of my own?
Girimekhala: !!
Shinya: It's been a long time, and it kept happening. It never worked out...but then I came here and met you, Girimekhala.
Girimekhala: that's just like me fr
Shinya: Yes, it was encouraging to me when I learned you left Umamichi to try something new. It meant I wasn't alone. And here I also met someone who knew what power I had and said they hated me.
Tanetomo: (huffs)
Shinya: Now I feel like I can go on just a bit more. I know it's selfish of me, but would you persist with me Girimekhala?

Airavata: ...fine then. Show me this third option you speak of! Mine is the power of samsara from Deva Loka, letting no one approach nor leave!
Airavata sprays water to create a blizzard that blocks off the nearby area!

Yoritomo: I see, is this the System of another world I heard of? A part of System Deva Loka, specifically. This formation works as both offense and defense, but it's nothing to a World Representative's power like mine or--I should stop talking about that. Let sleeping dogs lie as they say. New plan Advisor, can you set up for me?
Tanetomo: Yes, Your Excellency. You're in for it now, Dumbo! The one who gets the most attention around here is ME! Also, Girimekhala? I admire your struggles to be useful. You struggle facing others after failing? Does it really matter? I can just make you look at me.
MC: Girimekhala! (holds hand out)
Girimekhala: I...I don't wanna give up if there's still hope! Sorry Airavata, gimme some more time! ...I'm really glad you said it wasn't my fault...so I wanna try one more time. I'll do it, even if I trip and fall!
Airavata: :angry:
MC: Let's go!
BATTLE START
(more happens after)

Girimekhala (narrating): Every time I trip I think to myself I'm gonna quit this time. But every time there's someone with me who helps me get up to try again. Then I live on. I'll probably keep on doing this: trip, meet someone, live on.
Present
MC: Stand down Airavata! Girimekhala, come on!
Airavata: ...fine, I'll pull back for now. I haven't actually accepted your argument though, so I will be making my judgment after you show me this choice you speak of.
Girimekhala: Well I trip all the time so it oughta be fine. MC, you brought it up first so I'm counting on you!
MC: wait what / eh we'll figure it out / watch the game!
Airavata: You may not leave until you convince me, so you best try hard. (leaves)
MC: Girimekhala! / Welcome back, Girimekhala / (hug)
(C) Girimekhala: What, no I might trip if yo--AAAA (WHUMP) ...s-sorry, you okay MC?

Girimekhala: ...MC, I honestly wondered if it was time to give up. Like, maybe it'd be better if someone else was here to do things. But then you all came for me...and that made me want to keep trying. So, thanks MC! You're my best friend now!
Shinya: Welcome back, Girimekhala...you okay?
Girimekhala: Thanks...oh right. Nothing's actually changed yet, and I'm gonna mess up again eventually. But I'm still gonna try some more until I pay you back!
Shinya: ...great. Let's keep at it.
Girimekhala: Yeah!
Jacob: So, nice talking back there MC. But...you have a specific plan for this?
MC: Uhh, maybe it'll work if you all help me.

Yoritomo: ...fine, I'd rather not lose my useful minions on a stupid drill like this.
Girimekhala: Thanks you guys!
Yoritomo: You should thank MC instead. Assuming this works, anyway.
Tanetomo: No need to thank me either, but I won't stop you if you want to fawn over me.
Andvari: YOU GUYS we are here to help! ...wait
Tezcatlipoca: HAHAHA, aww man you already finished! You took the good part BRRRROTHER!
Yoritomo: You have magic mirror powers, you must've seen that already. Anyways, Sponsor.
Andvari: Yeah, the field's opened up again but the blizzard's still up everywhere else. White Dumbo's keeping us here until we satisfy him, huh? Just in case MC, you aren't planning on staging the last game are you?
MC: Nope! It has to be real.

Andvari: Good, let's keep any refunds to a minimum! It's up to you guys, so please don't tell me you're hurt or whatever...
Jacob: I am okay. My love has not withered.
Shinya: I'm okay too.
Yoritomo: Heh, we're fine. We need not decide the outcome before ending it, but of course we will be winning.
Tanetomo: Indeed we shall.
Girimekhala: I-I'm gonna be in this too!
MC: Whoa wait, Girimekhala. Working hard out there isn't all to it here.
Girimekhala: MC...oh right, we gotta have all the fun with it too!
Andvari: Okay, plan set!
Tezcatlipoca: Time to send the Valentine Snow Fight off with a bang!
Andvari and Tezcatlipoca: GAME ON!
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment