Thursday, March 23, 2023

Valentine Snow Fight Episode 4 Part 2 (Abridged)

Girimekhala (narrating): I remember the day everyone in Umamichi saw me off. That apparently includes Hotei. They said if I'm taking my own path even if I keep tripping, it's all cool. That place is like my second home. But it's too comfortable. I always had regrets about how this one time I wasn't any help and couldn't fulfill my role. I was supposed to threaten someone and I messed even that up! I literally tripped at the worst time! I wanna be helpful and prove it!
Present

MC: excuse me what
Yoritomo: ...I see, except not really.
Tanetomo: As His Excellency says. What is going on, General?
Tezcatlipoca: Hahaha, very well then!
Andvari: You did great hyping the event, you know?
Tezcatlipoca: I'm the one who said just giving it to you would be boring! (zing!) Wait, stop throwing snowballs at me!
Andvari: ANYWAY, we got something nice for you guys! Hidden capsules you can trade for fabulous prizes!
Tezcatlipoca: Find the capsules!
Andvari: Yeah!
MC: oh...is that really it?

Yoritomo: ...I see. I'm not one to get involved in such things, so I'm going to refrain.
Tezcatlipoca: Hmmmm, every man has his price!
Yoritomo: ...are you saying you have something that might interest me?
Tezcatlipoca: A certain shady butler got me front row ticket seats to this one sumo wrestler's championship match.
Yoritomo: !! Maybe I do have time to participate in your farce.
Tanetomo: W-wait, what!? Understood, I shall join too! ...also, what is this ticket business?
Yoritomo: That sounds like an invasion of privacy.
Tanetomo: I'msorryI'msorryI'msorry! (It can't be a literal ticket. What could that butler have gotten...?)
MC: I'll help, Yoritomo! / Let's bathe together, Tanetomo / I'mma enjoy the springs first
(A) Yoritomo: AHH! I mean, no thank you MC. If you are feeling so helpful you should go do so with the Missiona--stop running off and listen to me! Ugh, I'm leaving. I hope the hot waters can help with my stomach.
(B) Tanetomo: How interesting, but I shall pass for now. His Excellency is....anyways, excuse me. Don't catch a cold.

Shinya: MC, this place really is just reserved for us! That's amazing. I always thought being in a quiet hot springs with someone was impossible so...this is nice.
Jacob: Shinya, let us give thanks for the owner's kindness. Oh yes, could you two lie over there? Don't think about how odd it is for me to ask that. I can give you two some special massages from my boxing club.
Shinya: Um...massaging, with your strength?
Jacob: Yes. Being anime blind allows me to use the power of love to improve your love circulation. It's quite popular in the club! My hands are so amazing I can punch away your stiffness, fatigue, and memories.
MC: wait what was that last one / are you gonna hit my vital spots / Kinda interested...

Shinya: I'll pass, thank you. I'd like to do the treasure hunt!
Jacob: Oh okay, I'll just train and prep for tomorrow.
Shinya: Ahaha, maybe I should too...hey look, something's in the water.
MC: Oh, maybe that's it. Wonder what we can get?
Shinya: Maybe we all get something picked just for us?
Jacob: I'd like some of the sweets from this event in that case. I can give them out for charity to children.
Shinya: That's a great idea! Maybe I should get some too to research for my cafe.
Jacob: Let's go look then.
Shinya: Okay! Cupid, will you help? Oh, thank you! I'll go this way, MC you got that way.
MC: Sure!

Later
MC: No luck so far
Girimekhala: Hey MC! Having fun? What are you looking fo--oh, the treasure hunt?
MC: Yep, but nothing yet. Wanna join? Fab prizes!
Girimekhala: Nah, thanks. Here, I just tripped over this.
MC: Well thanks, but you sure?
Girimekhala: Yep. I'm not the kinda guy who has the things he wants falling into his lap from elsewhere. Go ahead, I'm not in this thing so take it. Also wow is the sponsor generous...it's amazing how everyone can stand on their own. Anyways, I'm heading back...what's up, MC?
MC: Girimekhala... / Are you pushing yourself? / I love you
(B) Girimekhala: Haha, nope! And even if I was, I wanna be helpful!
(C) Girimekhala: I hate myself for being useless...but thanks.

bwong
Girimekhala: Urgh. Dammit, I feel like my heart's gonna tear apart--ah!
MC: You okay!?
Girimekhala: Y-yeah, forget about me! I hope that capsule helps you!
Andvari (somewhere offscreen): Hey, private hot springs time is ending soon! Bring your capsules if you found one!
Later

Tezcatlipoca: Hahaha! You've returned!
Andvari: Okay one last hurdle: fight and take your prize from us!
Jacob: :)
Shinya: o.o
Yoritomo: :/
Tanetomo: :(
MC: what

Andvari: Say something dammit.
Tezcatlipoca: Maybe this plan was a bad idea.
Andvari: I thought it'd be great, but back to the drawing board I guess. Whatever, take this.
Jacob: Uh...?
Shinya: Aren't these our snow guns? Except different?
Tezcatlipoca: I still had some of the budget to custom order hot water guns!
Andvari: Now fight us with them!
Yoritomo: Is this going where I think it's going?
Tanetomo: Yes, we shoot him to hell.
Tezcatlipoca: Hey wait, you two. Don't just focus on me--(bang)
Tanetomo: Oh well, them's the rules. I don't make them.
Yoritomo: Indeed, I apologize this isn't the kind of war you like, General.
Shinya: Well this is surprising, but this seems like fun.
Jacob: Love, no matter the time and place!
Andvari: Yeeeah, we shoulda thought more about the team setup. More to reorganize with the plans.
MC: Shut up and dance!
BATTLE START (more happens later)

bangbangbang
Tezcatlipoca: Well done! But defeating me will not end thi--
MC: (finish him) / (let someone else finish him)
BANG

Andvari: ...time to rebuild the plan from scratch. Here's your prize, go hype things up tomorrow!
Yoritomo: ...finally it's over. I'm going now.
MC: did you just get a ticket or somethin--
Yoritomo: Oh yes, Missionaries. Do not think you will win the next game. It has already been decided before we even begin.
Jacob: Such trash talk. (The fists of) love will prevail because of the virtues in our hearts.
Yoritomo: I heard you people were relatively meek, but I should rethink that.
Jacob: I look forward to tomorrow.
Tanetomo: Shinya, you best not hold back against me out of a misplaced sense of friendship.
Shinya: I won't.
Tezcatlipoca: This is going to be great!
Andvari: Go rest up, can't have you collapsing tomorrow.
MC: See you tomorrow!
Everyone leaves. Girimekhala is having soul pains or something again.

Girimekhala: Urk
MC: ...Girimekhala? (follow him)

Hotel
MC: ...where is he?
Girimekhala: Mental. Breakdown. Imminent! Not that I recognize what this is!
MC: Girimekhala!
Girimekhala: MC!? Why are you here...?
MC: Because something seems wrong with you. What's going on?
Girimekhala: O-oh, I was asked to polish up our snow guns. I actually do great in solo jobs. I'm not as awesome as everyone else, so I wanna do what I can...seriously, mad respect for everyone else. A guy with crazy fists and a guy with crazy strategies, a guy who sticks with his role, and a guy who presses on even though he has no self-confidence...
MC: But you did great today too
Girimekhala: Haha, thanks. But I'm not really. You know, I fell into the snow, I fell on Jacob, and then I stuck with you and didn't really get much done myself. I tried to make things successful, but I didn't really contribute.
MC: You ARE amazing / Are you pushing yourself? / I wanna cheer you on at least
(A) Girimekhala: ...lots of people say that, and they don't really know what way I'm supposedly amazing. What's so special about me?
(B) Girimekhala: Well yeah, how else do I keep up with other people? I stay up late studying yet I still struggle in class. I secretly practice sports and then I trip in the big game. But then people tell me not to push myself so hard! What do I do then!?
(C) Girimekhala: Thanks, my school friends tell me that a lot too. But then I trip down the halls while carrying stacks of papers, I break lab equipment...I try so hard, but I still can't make it work!

Girimekhala: Uh...n-never mind! Ow, my chest! N-no, I mean don't tell anyone!
MC: What's wrong? / Let's go see Shennong! / Isn't this serious...?
Girimekhala: No I'm totally fine! And like...I still haven't been any help since I joined the Missionaries! I won't be able to stand it if I fall over and everyone looks at me with pity! ...sorry MC, I'm gonna go outside to chill out. You should go to bed soon.
MC: Oh...good night. Call me if something calls up.
Girimekhala: ...yeah, night.
Girimekhala (narrating): In Shangri La I had just one job and role: giving a trial to a certain Someone. And that someone was the Buddha, the only important person in the world, so that he could reach Nirvana. I was the mount of Shangri La's demon lord, and I was supposed to be scary. But then I choked and tripped. I had just one job and I failed. Everyone just told me "there's always next time," but then I keep messing up the next time too! Then that rainbow light came, so I crossed it to find something I can finally do.

Outside
Girimekhala: (sigh) I can't believe I did that. And MC didn't deserve that from me... this pain is so weird, it's like I'm not being myself anymore. Shit, I know already! Things will be fine without me, everyone else can carry it to success since they're so awesome. I just got carried away by being around them in the same uniform. Nothing's changed...I haven't been any help at all.
???: That's fine, isn't it?
Girimekhala: WHOMST
???: It's okay, I came to save you
Girimekhala: what the hell does THAT m--
???: It's okay, I'LL make your wish come true.
Girimekhala: W-what...? Dammit...MC... (Shadow Realm'd)
Morning, Hotel

MC: (yawn)
Andvari: MC, there you are! It's an emergency, look outside!
MC: Uh, that is a huge blizzard out there.
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment