Friday, March 31, 2023

Valentine Snow Fight Episode 5 Part 1 (Abridged)

Barong: Welcome back, nameless mobs! Bad blizzard out, huh? Means we're all stuck up here. This is just like a murder mystery setup! Oh wait never mind me, don't catch a cold haha! New guy, hot towels for delivery!
Amduscias walks up.

Barong: But man, we were so slammed in here and now we finally got more help. Now I can finally get to my real job! Oh, you wanna know what it is? Oh you know, managerial stuff to keep people entertained. Nothing suspicious about that! As Entertainers we just want to keep you entertained, and that's all we think about. Plot twist incoming, enjoy the show!

Elsewhere
MC: Well damn.
Andvari: The weather report didn't say it'd be snowing like that. And now of all times!
Tezcatlipoca: If only this were a normal blizzard...
Andvari: What? ...no wait!
Tezcatlipoca: I can't prove it, so we should look into it.
Andvari: Okay. That said, MC I gotta go calm down the customers. Go wait in the lobby and ask around. You know like everyone here, you should find something out sooner or later!
PA System: Bad weather alert! Today's game might be cancelled, pending updates.
Shennong: Hey Problem Kid. Keeping warm?
Yasuyori: MC, are you okay? Such terrible weather outside.
MC: Morning / Doctor, warm me up! / I was looking forward to the match today, Yasuyori
(B) Shennong: Okay, herbal medicine for you! ...what? You wanted me to help some other way? Next time.
(C) Yasuyori: Me too! But we can't so long as the weather stays bad.

Yasuyori: It's a good thing we have plenty of food and fuel at least.
Shennong: ...yeah we're going around telling everyone we might be stuck here for a while.
Yasuyori: Now's the time to stay calm. We'll show the Warmongers' leadership here!
Shennong: Nice. I'm going on ahead. Call me if anyone sick turns up.
Yasuyori: I'll accompany you! See you later, MC!
Maria: Oh hello MC. Have you seen the weather outside?
Azazel: Unusual for it to snow this hard.
Maria: We can't call out, so all we can do is wait around for now. And do blizzards like this pop up that suddenly?
Azazel: Yes, something seems wrong. I didn't see any forecast like this last night. I generally keep quiet about how much I can see, but with the way we're closed in...
MC: (nod) / ...an overworld shift? / Explain pls
(AB) Azazel: You noticed too? Impressive discernment.

Azazel: Insert Overworld Shift for Dummies here.
Maria: Did a Transient cause this blizzard? Who had an artifact like that?
Azazel: No other changes in the area have been found besides the blizzard, so it's likely whoever became the core was here and has a relevant power. Not that I can prove it.
MC: ...we have to look into this / Yep, no idea what's up. / Time to think of what to do.
(A) Azazel: Yes, I will do my best.
(B) Azazel: That's okay. Recognizing you don't know is the first step to progress.
(C) Azazel: Yes, I love that impetuousness of yours.

Maria: We should do what we can. I'll go check on all our members and put them on alert.
Azazel: I will continue monitoring things and keep the sponsors looped in.
Shinya: Have any of you seen Girimekhala!?
MC: Not since last night?
Maria: I was about to go see him. Something wrong?
Shinya: He seemed sad after that last game so I wanted to talk to him...but I can't find him and I didn't hear anything inside his room.
Maria: Hmm...Azazel.
Azazel: The Eyes of Heaven...say he isn't here. We should hurry.
Maria: Okay, I'll go tell Jacob. Can the rest of you inform Andvari? I'll be there soon.
MC: Let's go!

Outside
Tezcatlipoca: BRRRROTHER! ...tell me we aren't having more problems.
Andvari: Yo. Still snowing here. All we've figured is that it's only the resort snowing out. Might have to cancel like this. I'm gonna miss out on all that sweet sweet cash!
MC: Oh. Have you two seen Girimekhala!?
Shinya: We haven't seen him all morning...
Andvari: I asked him to check on the snow guns. He's not back!?
Azazel: Indeed. Since you don't know, then...
Rest of event cast arrives.

Yoritomo: All Warmongers present and accounted for.
Jacob: One Missionary is unaccounted for...
Tezcatlipoca: Hmmmm...
Azazel: Yes it's still inconclusive, but Girimekhala is likely...
MC: The core? / We gotta find him! (runs)
(BC) Yoritomo: Stop foolish brother...I mean MC! Think about what could happen first.

Azazel: If Girimekhala happens to be the overworld shift core...finding him should help us figure out how to solve this.
Andvari: So, first we gotta find him...
Tezcatlipoca: Hahaha! My mirror will come in handy here!
Azazel: I will do my best too.
Andvari: You guys do that! Now onto the search team...
Shinya: P-please let me go! Cupid can help, and I want to talk to Girimekhala!
Jacob: I would like to join as well. Being anime blind might help me see something. (Also I noticed something at the end of that last game yesterday....)
Andvari: Okay! You going too, MC?
MC: Yep!
Yoritomo: We shall assist too. Objections, Advisor?
Tanetomo: No Sir.
MC: ...you sure? / Thanks Tanetomo! / Thanks Yoritomo!
(B) Tanetomo: I must because His Grace wills it...also if only you three are going things might get even worse.
(C) Yoritomo: !! ...calm down, deep breaths, and let go. Okay? (You must be plotting something! I know it!)

Yoritomo: ...why so surprised? We'd like this resolved ASAP too. If we're restricted to the resort area...
Tanetomo: Yes, the surrounding topographical data is all together.
Yoritomo: Having our bearings will make the shortest path clear. Also there's something I want to check based on what I saw yesterday.
Jacob: Yoritomo, that's...no I'd like to check too.
Andvari: Cool. We'll stand by until you find Girimekhala. Now get a hot drink before you go!
MC: Alright, let's go everybody!
Barong: YO hang on a second!
MC: WHOMST / Hey wait...Barong?
---
(BC) Barong: That's me! Thanks for remembering.
---
Barong: As someone who's also from Shangri La, I felt you needed to hear something about his other side.
MC: what
Barong: Uhh...oh, play metaphors! Change the stage, and you change how the actor acts. So if you change a Transient's world location, you change everything else even if their role stays the same. Shangri La values getting out of the cycle of reincarnation and suffering. It's mirrored by Deva Loka, the world that values continual reincarnation. Girimekhala's other side is worshipped as Airavata.

Elsewhere
Girimekhala: ...huh?
Airavata: Oh you woke up, my other self.
Girimekhala: Whomst!? Hey I can't move!
Airavata walks into view.

Girimekhala: IMPOSTER! You here to fight!? Come at me, bro!
Airavata: It's okay Girimekhala. I'm here to save you.
Girimekhala: what
Airavata: Why the surprise? I was called by all your gathered thoughts.
Girimekhala: I don't even know you!
Airavata: But you should know already. I am you, you are me, we're a shared identity~!
Girimekhala: (stares in klutz)

Girimekhala is unable to deny Airavata's statement due to being unable to sense the distance between them. So, an inability to delineate himself from him I guess.
Airavata: I'm you from another world, so I've watched you and felt your feelings. You felt bad about tripping in Shangri La, and then you came to Tokyo trying to be useful. You didn't, even as you tried to be as good as anyone else here.
Girimekhala: W-what!? No wait, you're just saying shit and seeing what sticks!
Airavata: I see your pain. It sucks not being any help, huh?
Girimekhala: N-no! I still tried!
Airavata: So when does all that trying finally pay off?
Girimekhala: !!

Airavata: You kept trying, and people keep telling you it'll be okay and that they support you.
Girimekhala: W-well...
Airavata: And I saw how much it hurt you every time it happened. Now I'm here to save you from that pain! You poor useless thing. Well you can't help tripping, since that was the only thing possible. That was your fate in that world.
Girimekhala: ...what the hell? Was everything not working right your fault!?
Airavata: I'm sorry I'm late. Yes, it is. You can stop feeling sad now, because I'll be Girimekhala now. I'll be useful to everyone!
Girimekhala: ...what? I always tried, but I couldn't be like anyone amazing...maybe I should just let someone better take over...
Airavata: That's fine. And I can even help in the event you're in. I'll turn things around and everyone will compliment you, and I can do this because I believe in the value of tripping up and turning things over. I'll take your thoughts and turn them into rain and--
MC: STOP

Girimekhala: MC? Guys? Why are you all here!?
Airavata: Oh hello everyone I have mad respect for. Nice to meet you, I am Airavata, another side of Girimekhala.
Shinya: That's nice. Please get away from him.
Tanetomo: We outnumber you.
Airavata: Oh you misunderstand. I'm not here to oppose you.
Yoritomo: Not our business. With how things are, we should just cut you down and be done with it.
Jacob: We may speak freely, with our hands.
MC: We'll save you, Girimekhala! / Wait, something's weird. What are you talking about?
---
(BC) Airavata: Thank you for listening, MC. This is what Girimekhala wants. Look!
---
Girimekhala: ...guys, stop. It's okay.
Shinya: What!?
Girimekhala: I get it now. It'll be okay, the blizzard will stop soon.
MC: ...what are you talking about?
Airavata: Simple. Girimekhala will disappear from Tokyo.
End of Episode half

No comments:

Post a Comment