Saturday, December 31, 2022

Live A Hero Lost Ancients of Blue Episode 2 (Abridged)

Hisaki: Wow those were some nice pancakes. Did you two have fun?
MC, Melide, and Hisaki are hanging out in the hotel lobby now.

Melide: Yes. I'm surprised they had so many familiar dishes on the menu. Is it because we're close to Earth? Thanks for showing us around, Hisaki.
Hisaki: It's cool! I'm glad I took a look around beforehand. I bet the Archimedes Group is why we saw so many familiar things.
MC: Yeah, you said that before / Isn't that...? / I feel like I heard that name before...
Hisaki: It's that big corporation that built Orient City with Raidark. They do lots of stuff, especially mining and essential utilities maintenance and transport.
Melide: Oh. Even I've heard of them. MC, you might've been involved with them in ways you didn't know.
Hisaki: They're funding the investigation into those mystery buildings.

MC: Any idea what's inside?
Hisaki: Oh, I guess only the investigation team was told about that.
Melide: Marfik said he wanted to look inside ASAP. Which means you guys haven't gone in yet?
Hisaki: Bingo! We haven't found an entrance, or anything that could open one up. We're checking the outside first so we don't destroy them.
Hisaki starts thinking aloud, hand on chin.

Hisaki: We haven't been able to break off any samples for material analysis either. The materials look like they're from an old civilization on this planet, but I'm most interested in the material and the tech that created it.
Melide: Won't that mean thieves can't break in either?
Hisaki: So far, which is why some guys will try more violent ways. It shouldn't be that easy to do, but if they manage it, they'll probably monopolize and abuse whatever they find. Maybe it was a military building if the exterior was that hard...
MC looks outside at the lake.

MC: Look! That thing from before!
There's a long necked sea creature in the lake! Also it looks like someone is riding it.

Hisaki: W-what? What's outside?
Hisaki and Melide look. The creature is gone, replaced by water ripples.

MC: Some long necked dinosaur thing was in the lake!
One panicked explanation later

Melide: ...huh.
Hisaki: Maybe something like that is on this planet, but I figured the local investigation units would have noticed already if so.
MC: But I DID see something.
???: Is that MC's voice I hear?
Andrew: It IS you! Long time no see.
MC: Andrew! Why are you here?

Andrew: Nice to see that you're okay. Work ordered me to come here as part of the security team since Archimedes Express does distribution on this planet too. Apparently the miss recommended me here so I could get some new stimulation...oh, who are these two? (bows to Hisaki and Melide)
Hisaki: I'm Hisaki, hero from Laborer's Site. Also another security team member. And the investigation team too. Looking forward to working with you tomorrow...huh? ...wait, are you an android?
Andrew: Yep! I'm an Anti-Monster battle android from planet Tronesion. Nice to meet you. Right now I'm just a delivery truck driver.
Andrew holds his hand out. Hisaki shakes it.

Hisaki: Tronesion? I've heard of the place, but they've got amazing tech from what I see now.
Andrew: Thanks! I'm proud of my body. And who are you, miss?
Melide: Um, Melide. Nice to meet you. I work with MC at Parallel Flight.
Andrew: A coworker? Nice to meet you! By the way, what were you guys talking about?
Hisaki: Oh... MC said they saw some dinosaur thingy in the lake.
Andrew: You saw the guardian god? I wish I could've seen it too. Where was it? (excitedly looks at the lake)
MC: Over there... what's the guardian god?

Melide: Andrew, what's the guardian god you were talking about?
Andrew: (stops looking to smile back) I asked the hotel folks, and they told me there's a legendary god they call Russy! They say it's a kind god who lives in the lake and keeps it calm and pretty.
Hisaki: What? Oh, they got Russy from Lake Rubul I guess. Wouldn't that make it a cryptid or Unidentified Mysterious Animal? And maybe they mistook it as something else? That happens a lot... (crosses arms)
Andrew: You don't believe? Can I ask why?
Hisaki: So I can't really prove a negative, but it's still just a rumor. Seeing is believing and MC said they saw it, but I still haven't...
Melide: But MC said they saw it before we heard about Russy. Isn't that too much of a coincidence...?
Andrew: If the god is a living thing like you guys, I think it might exist. I hope I can see it while we're here on Samaad!
MC thinks back on what they saw. They're sure they didn't mistake Space Nessie or the rider for anything else.

Title Card: The Lake Guardian God

The next morning
MC: Melide, you ready? Almost time to go.
Melide: Almost.
Swimsuit Melide!

Melide: ...h-how do I look? I hope it's not weird.
MC: You look great!
Melide: Really? I don't know since I don't wear things like this often. I never thought I'd need to wear a swimsuit for work, but we're patrolling in the water. Yours look good too...whatever it is you weren't drawn wearing.
Later
MC and Melide are going to the meeting place.

Melide: MC, were you able to sleep last night?
MC: Yep! / No... / How about you?
(A) Melide: That's nice. I'm happy if you're feeling good. We're working today and I'm helping, so let's do our best.
(B) Melide: You okay...? Even closing your eyes and breathing deep should help. Tell me if there's anything I can assist with.
(C) Melide: I'm okay. I never had such a fluffy bed, so I went to sleep right away. Let's do our best today.

At the meeting spot
Andrew: Morning!
Hisaki: Hey, morning you two!
MC: Wow, we're all on the same team! Glad it's with people I know.
Melide: Were you two waiting for us?
Hisaki: Nope! It's still early before the meeting time, and I can't keep you guys waiting anyway.
Andrew: I just got here too. Our guide should be here soon.
MC: Nice summer clothes!
Andrew: Thanks! Miss Flamier got these together for me for this job. Do I look good in them? I don't have enough information to judge myself, so please tell me!
Melide: I think it looks great. Very summery.

Hisaki: So you know Flamier, Andrew?
Andrew: You know about her? I was originally her bodyguard when she was little.
Hisaki: Oh, so that's how you became an Archimedes truck driver.
Andrew: Yes. I said I wanted to do work like other people after she grew up. This job has many opportunities to meet new people, so I said I wanted to join in.
Hisaki: Huh. So you're interested in meeting people?
Andrew: Yes, I like 'human' things since I want to be more human too.
Hisaki: ...ahh. (starts thinking)
Andrew: So clothes like this in Samaad and similar environments is humanlike. Got it! Can I use the outfits you're all wearing as references too?
Melide: M-maybe not mine, we're too different in size.
Hisaki: I kinda wanna see that! How's mine, Andrew? (fashion poses)
MC: Your swimsuit looks great. / Cute!

Hisaki: Hehe! I brought my favorite swimsuit. I was wondering if I was putting out too much charm out there!
Melide: Yours looks good too.
Hisaki: inorite? I'm glad you get it! It looks right in place next to how good you guys look!
Hisaki rubs his nose. Melide holds her mouth and giggles.

Melide: You're such a kidder.
Hisaki: W-what? I'm being serious here. M-MC! You get my charms, right!?
MC: Yep, sure. Whatever. / You say something? / Yeah, you're handsome.
(AB) Hisaki: Oh come on, don't joke around!
(C) Hisaki: O-ohh... whoops, I let my guard down.

Andrew: Wow, I read Hisaki's lines right out of a book earlier! Is this what humans call "hitting on"? I'm so glad to see it live!
Hisaki: WHAT? No, I wasn't hitting on anyone! I am a true gentleman and--
???: Oh, here you guys are. Your pictures were on the contract, I think.
The party looks over to see Gaius!

Gaius: Sorry to interrupt your fun. You guys part of the security team?
MC: ...are you the guide? / Wow, a full blown diver suit / Hot AND cool!
(C) Gaius: W-what!? You really just said that to someone you just met? You're crazy... Whatever, forget about me and confirm if you're in the security team or not.

Melide: Yes. Who are you?
Melide pulls out her phone to show the paperwork.

Gaius: ...so we really do have a little kid and android here. Whatever. But anyways, hi. I'm the lake guide and hero swimming with you on the patrol course...name's Gaius by the way.
Andrew: I'm Andrew, hero from Global Drivers Union.
Andrew smiles and holds his hand out for a handshake. Gaius ignores this.

Gaius: I checked you guys with the contracts, so forget the intros. You're Andrew, Hisaki, Melide, and MC. And in the water, you obey me. (stares)
Gaius: ...one word of warning. No mercy to anyone who pollutes or damages the lake. You keep that in mind, and I won't care much about whatever you do. I'll do the job I was hired for. Now let's get this over with.

Gaius puts diving gear down. Hisaki snorts at this.
Hisaki: Hey, we're gonna need teamwork if we're gonna make this go smoothly. Gaius or whatever? You know us, but we don't know you. If you really are serious about doing a professional job, you can at least give a real introduction of yourself.
Gaius: ...right, you had a tattoo on your arm in your photo. Did you put it on yourself...?
Andrew: I agree with Hisaki. Tell us about yourself.
Gaius: Me? I already told you my name. What more do you want? If you got questions, just ask. I don't really know how to do them polite introductions. (crosses arms and mutters to himself)
Melide: Well as an Operator, I might have to operate you. Can you tell me how you think in case it comes to that? MC, do you have any questions?
MC: Why are you a diver? You been working long? What agency are you in?

Gaius: ...(sigh) fiiine, I'll answer them in order. I originally lived here and work as a private guide. Been about five years or so? I've been here tons of times since I was a kid, so I know it better than other people. I'm part of Independent Heroes, but I don't really leave Samaad much... happy? I don't have much else to tell.
Hisaki: ...well okay then! Nice to meet you Gaius!
Melide: I don't know a lot, but I'll do my best to not get in the way. Please teach me if something comes up.
Andrew: I'm happy to hear more about you! Nice to meet you, Gaius.
Andrew puts his hand out again. Gaius is confused but shakes it after a moment.

Gaius: Yeeeeaaaah, this is throwing me off my groove. Whatever, can we get started on work yet? I just want to protect the lake... well I guess these guys are fine?
No one can hear Gaius talking to himself over the wind.

Later
Gaius: And that's the end of my explanation. Any questions?
Andrew: I'm good. We just have to follow you and swim.
Hisaki: Yeah, radars don't work because we don't know much about the jamming...meaning we have to patrol in person ourselves.
Gaius: Yeah, that's what I heard. The route I'm in charge of doesn't go down that deep. Being underwater is different than being on land, much more danger. Tell me if anything is off.
Andrew: Okay! This is going to be exciting! I wonder if we'll see the lake guardian god?
Gaius: ...you're not going to short out or blow up when you go underwater, are you?
Andrew: I'm waterproofed, so it's okay. Having a metal body means I'm dense which means I'll sink though. I don't think I'll sink to the bottom, but I might submerge from high water pressure... But I can use jets to keep afloat! It's green tech!
Gaius: Huh, wow.
Hisaki: Interesting...no wait, I have to focus on work now. Speaking of, I got presents for everyone! Can you guys gather around?

Hisaki gives out mouth devices to everyone in the party.
Melide: ...is this a whistle?
Hisaki: It's my newly invented underwater breathing tool! It's not being mass produced yet, but I guarantee its safety in testing! With these, we can breathe and talk underwater. I ordered a whole bunch for the investigation team because losing communications would be bad!
Andrew: Oh right, people need to breathe. Can I get one so I can communicate?
Hisaki: Sure! Hang the thread from your neck to use it. And Andrew, want some waterproofing spray? That way you can go in with your clothes on.
Andrew: May I? Okay!

Gaius: ...huh. You made this? I'm used to an air tank, so I'm going the way I usually do...then again, having one should make talking convenient. I can attach it to the tank, right?
Hisaki: Yeah, I'll just adjust it first. Can I see your tank?
Gaius: (frowns) ...don't do anything weird with it.
Hisaki: I won't. Our lives depend on this thing, so I wanna be careful. If you're that worried, watch me do the whole thing. I'm a genius engineer!
Gaius reluctantly hands the tank over.

Hisaki: I see. Pretty simple design...okay, done.
Gaius: ...really? Well I guess I'll find out soon. Let's go. We'll start by warming up in the shallows. Get used to the water or you'll hurt yourself later.
Andrew: It's time! Melide, are you good at swimming?
Melide: Umm... (looks anxious for a second)
MC: What's wrong? / Don't like the water?
(A) Melide: ...I've never swam at all before. Never been in a pool or the ocean.
(B) Melide: It's not that...I've just never been in water before.

Melide: I've never been to school and I've never needed to swim before...sorry.
Hisaki: Oh, it's cool! We're with you, no worries. It may be scary, but just give it a try.
Gaius: ...huh. Can't imagine never being in water before since I've always been around it as a kid. Don't force it. How about we try getting into the water first? There's long distance swim support machines to use too if getting better doesn't work out. I'm an instructor too, so I'll tell you if anything's dangerous.
Andrew: How very human in thinking processes, you two! People can grow and change! I can't swim either, but I can use my jets to save you Melide!
MC: Wanna try? I can hold your hand. Give it a shot.
Melide: ...okay then. Thanks everyone.
Melide takes MC's hand and slowly enters the water.

Melide: ...it's nice and cold. Oh look, there's some fish swimming up.
Melide lets go when the water reaches chest level.

Melide: ...I'm alright. I'm a little worried, but I'll try not to cause problems.

MC: ...hey Melide, got a sec?
Melide: ...did I mess up?
MC: (shakes head and holds out pinky finger) Let's decide on a sign when we need help. I'll come get you, promise.
Melide: ...oh, okay. (confused pinky promise!)
Melide: ...it's a promise. I'll be sure to call you if I'm in trouble. Hee hee. I've never done a pinky promise before. I'll try to make myself useful here, so let's try swimming practice.
Melide lets go. Andrew and the others come up from behind.

Andrew: You okay with the water Melide? Let's warm up!
Gaius: Right, make sure you stretch. Cramping in the water sucks.
Hisaki: We should also be ready to fight in case anything ever happens!
Gaius: Oh yeah. Melide, MC. Have you guys gotten my contract yet?

MC nods.
Gaius: Good. Alright, you take command if a battle happens, so make your orders good.
Hisaki: We might not win if we suddenly run into something, so I got something to prepare for that! Uhh...here we are!
Hisaki pulls out a dummy robot Monster and clicks it on with a switch.

Andrew: A-a Monster? It's not attacking, though...
Melide: Wow, it looks real but it doesn't feel real. Did you make this?
Hisaki: Yep! Aren't I great? I set it up to move and react to Parallel Weapons. It'll attack in battle, and it's plenty tough so go ahead and try to break it. It's fine.
Andrew: Okay!
The dummy Monster just floats there.

Gaius: Man, you really can make anything you put your mind to. MC, Melide, transform us.
MC and Melide do so.
Gaius: Alright, I'll show you guys what I can do. I need to show that I can fight as a hero.
MC: Leave the operations to us / Let's see how you fight / Your hero suit is awesome!
---
(C) Gaius: W-what!? I seriously don't get you.
---
Gaius: Eh, watch and learn. I was always gonna do my own thing.
Hisaki: Behold my awesome fighting prowess!
Andrew: Target confirmed, shifting to combat mode.
The party readies their weapons, making the training dummy respond.

Melide: ...I'm operating too. Careful everyone.
Andrew: Multiple commanders? Understood, let's go!
MC: Training battle, ride on!
BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment