Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Holy Night Gangstar Episode 3 Part 1 (Abridged)

Fuxi has brought the party to Simurgh's hideout. He's there with Barguest and Ose Odell.
Simurgh: Oh, you're MC. I heard of you from Fuxi. I'm Simurgh, the Simurgh Family don and business partner of Fuxi who is looking at you like a creep. (holds out his hand)
MC: AAAAA / H-hello. / Hot!
---
(AB) Simurgh: Heh, don't be so afraid. I'm not gonna eat you.
(C) Simurgh: A daredevil are you? I like that. If you mean it, come to my room.
---
Simurgh sizes MC up, never dropping his smile.
Flashback with Simurgh!

Fuxi: This may sound strange, but please enjoy yourself here in my lair.
This happened back after Simurgh contracts with Fuxi. Fuxi puts on a cup of tea for Simurgh, flower tea apparently since there's flower petals in the teapot. It's a fantastical place, but also filled with pictures and goods of MC everywhere. Creepy.
Fuxi: Aren't they cute!?
Simurgh: I...guess. I don't have any relatives, so it must be nice.
Fuxi: Okay. Now let's get back to business and what's going to happen...

Present
Simurgh: So...you getting along with your brother?
MC: I guess... / He's an asshole / literally who
---
(A) Simurgh: :)
(B) Simurgh: ._.
(C) Simurgh: o-O
---
Simurgh laughs.

MC: So...what do I call you?
Simurgh: Don, my name, whichever. The fearless even call me uncle. I mean, according to rumors.
Zhurong runs in!
Zhurong: MC! Wow, what are you doing here?
MC: I came looking for you! / I was worried about you! / I'mma here to punish naughty boys!
(AB) Zhurong: What!? But I told Boogeyman I'd be out. But I did do it by sneaking a note into his desk...
(C) Zhurong: Nooo, don't tickle meee!

Zhurong: MC, are you okay? Did Uncle do anything mean to you?
Simurgh: We literally just met. They're the ones who stepped into the hornet's nest.
MC: Oh no! Teda save me!
Teda: It's cool MC, I got you! But you, shorty! Who are you?
Zhurong: Me? Uh, I'm Zhurong, from Shinjuku Elementary!
Teda: Oh okay. Now remember that I'm the one who should be loved around here!
Koropokkur: But he's cuter than you. Those pure eyes...
Teda: You just like innocent little children, don't you!?
Koropokkur: You're too impure.
Teda: Well I'm a hero and heroes like living it up! Everyone wants a piece of me!
Fuxi: (barges in between) Now now, having just one person you truly love is plenty. In this essay, I will--
Teda: NOBODY ASKED
Bertro: (stares in cyborg)
Teda: Hey MC, what do you think?
MC: You're cool, Teda / Zhurong's cute
(A) Teda: YES
(B) Zhurong: Teda's cool too. He's the shiniest!
Teda: You flattering me? Well okay! Tell me if you ever need help!

Koropokkur: You are such a smooth brain, Teda. And you kid? Don't get too carried away because he's a pain when he's excited.
Zhurong: Teda, help me decorate for Christmas! And you too, buddy!
Bertro: Unfortunately I am not your buddy. Also, isn't Christmas over?
MC: He says, wearing a Santa suit / It's fun, so it's fine however many times we have it!
Zhurong: Nobody had Christmas here! Maybe something happened...
Koropokkur: ...
Zhurong: So we should do it again for them! Maybe Santa will come if we make a fun Christmas party.
Simurgh: I told him that's a stretch and thinking of something else would be more productive.
Bertro: ...MC, tell me something. Is it not fun if Christmas doesn't come?
MC: Wait what? What do you mean?

Bertro: Christmas will come around again if time keeps on going. Why fixate on this single point of time? What wasn't fun?
MC: ... (thinks)
Bertro: ...MC?
MC: The same Christmas doesn't come twice, so that's why it's fun.
Bertro: ...okay, I'll commit that to memory. I will never forget that because repeating the same mistakes is idiotic. That's a promise. So, how are we getting Christmas back?
MC: Well, presents?
Teda: Yeah, good kids get presents from Santa on Christmas!
Bertro slowly gets up and walks over to Santa's bag in the corner.

Bertro: ...isn't this empty?
Teda: Gimme that! ...yeah it does feel empty.
MC: Are you trying to be a good kid? / It must be because you're naughty.

Teda: You throwing shade at me, dumdum!?
Bertro: I mean, I'm physically a child. Do I not qualify as a good child though?
Simurgh: Oh, naughty or nice doesn't factor into things right now. Santa's bag is just a bag now because it's after Christmas.
Bertro: Oh so that's what the decorations are for. Maybe Zhurong's idea isn't so farfetched then.
MC: So if we have Christmas faith, it'll work? Can we really use it though? Can the mafia use it...?
Simurgh: !! For the record, redoing Christmas was your brother's idea.
MC: what

Fuxi: I assure you I have a plan. I just needed all the parts together before I would explain... Also, do you know about the Santa School director's power of karma? Specifically his black side? It didn't react to us, meaning our actions are above board.
Koropokkur: Lip service, barf! And you pulled this plan while Zhurong was around. Scaring an innocent child would conflict with being Santa, so you didn't blindfold him and had him here to keep your motives hidden. You're cheating by using a walkthrough!
Fuxi: How dare you put me on blast like this in front of MC! I would have let it go if it were the sunbeam headed king saying all that.
Bertro: Hey look Teda, they brought you into this. Are you going to say anything?
Teda: Hey, what's that supposed to mean!?
Simurgh: Seriously why did you bring them all here to make all this noise?
Ose: Boss, it ought to be fine to tell them you had one more reason to take Santa's bag.
MC: Give back Zhurong and the bag! / explain / Uncle, tell me!
(C) Simurgh: Just so you know, I'm not making Zhurong call me that. Go do that with your brother.

Simurgh frowns at Ose.
Ose: Hey, it's better than being suspected. And it's not like you need to be guilty about it.
Simurgh: ...fine, he's right. Yes there was another reason, and to explain that I need to start with the gang war I'm in with another mafia. They're more like a thug gang, and they're called the Pete Family. They suddenly showed up one day recently trying to muscle in on our turf. We've fought with them and there's been both damage to my men and collateral. (looks at Barguest)
MC: Barguest, are you okay!?
Barguest: I'm fine, I've always been a tough one. But...
Ose: Sorry, I never thought Kenta would be attacked.
MC: WHAT
Barguest: He's fine, I put him somewhere safe.

Simurgh: ...back on topic, the problem with the Pete Family is their lack of a clear base.
MC: what? / ohh
Simurgh: Every time we figure where they're staying, they abandon base and run. It's actually impressive how they keep attacking and keep where their main units are so hidden.
Barguest: ...
Simurgh: In the meantime, they keep hitting us.
Ose: They're running low on funds though, so I put out a rumor that Santa's bag would be great for that.
Simurgh: Now that they're coming after us, it's a good chance to eliminate them.
MC: You raided the Santa School for bait? That's horrible.
Simurgh: I don't need your approval. As don, I can't let the family exhaust itself any further in the fighting.
Simurgh pulls a gun on MC! Shocked reactions from everyone else!

Simurgh: I was polite to you because you're close to Zhurong and Fuxi, but you seem mistaken about something. We are evil and we don't care about how we do things.
MC: I'll judge if you're evil. Shoot me if you're gonna do it.

Simurgh: Heh. You really are that crazy Fuxi's relative. You willing to die over that bet, or--
Ose: ...Boss, the children are watching.
Kenta and Zhurong are here carrying decorations!

Zhurong: ...uncle, stop. I love MC...and I know you don't really want to do that. But you still do bad things to people when you think I don't know!
Simurgh: ...Zhurong, people have to take homes from others if they don't have one of their own. It's how the world is.
Bertro: Ahh, TANSTAAFL.
MC: what
Bertro: There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. AKA you can't get something for nothing. Or even--(mouth gets covered by Simurgh's men)
Simurgh: You'll get it one day when you're older.
Zhurong: ...that's not fair. Uncle, you--
Simurgh: Zhurong, go play in the snow. Kenta, go with him if you can.
Zhurong: ...YOU'RE SO MEAN! WAAAH...! (runs out)
Kenta: Zhurong!
MC: Zhurong, wait! / (glare at Simurgh) / (run after Zhurong)
Simurgh: ...Barguest, look after the kids.
Barguest: ...yes, Boss. (looks sad and leaves)

Outside
Zhurong slips!

MC: Zhurong!
MC, Barguest, and Kenta run up to Zhurong, who is crying.

Zhurong: ...sometimes I go see uncle. I didn't plan to stay with him this long. His color was pretty, but sad and lonely. I was curious, so...I stayed.
MC: You see auras as colors? So you thought he wasn't a bad guy.
Zhurong: (nods) I wondered if he was like me, since I don't have a family. They're so bright and shiny, and I was always jealous of them... I wished that MC could be my real brother/sister/sibling...
MC: Zhurong... / You can think of me like that! I always wanted a cute little brother.
(BC) Zhurong: Hehe, thanks MC!
Zhurong: After I stayed with him, Uncle's color started becoming a little more gentler and warmer. I'm sure that's his original color, so I wanted to be with him. But...I guess I really just got in his way.
MC: No, you didn't / (pat his head) / (hug him)
Zhurong: ...WAAAH!

A snowball falls near MC and Zhurong.
Zhurong: Whoa! Teda, what are you doing!?
Teda: Hey, how are you supposed to see how great I am if you're crying? Throw one back if you're mad! Right now I can forgive a few--(smack!) OOF
Bertro: Hmm, a perfect trajectory. Playing in the snow is when people forgive being hit in the face with snow, right?
Teda: WHO SAID YOU COULD DO THAT!? Eat this!
Bertro: A straight shot!? Please stop ignoring gravity, Teda!
Teda: Hey Koropokkur, you get in on this too!
Teda turns around and throws a snowball at Koropokkur. Koropokkur just blocks it with his leaf.

Koropokkur: ...weak. Well if it's to cheer up a child, I'll do it! I'm responsible for this incident anyways. Take that!

Kenta: ...Zhurong, I was told it's okay to cry when you're sad. So it's okay, you can cry. When you feel better...want to play together?
Inugami pops out of Kenta's bag to lick off Zhurong's tears.

MC: What do you want to do, Zhurong? You can take a break. I'll be with you.
Zhurong: No, I'm worried about uncle! Will you come with me...?
Bertro: Want me to throw a snowball at Don Simurgh? I can put a rock in it to make it stronger and knock out some of his stubbornness.
Zhurong: NOOO
And so the children have a little snowball fight and enjoy themselves.

End of Episode half

No comments:

Post a Comment