Monday, December 5, 2022

Kabukicho Night Parade Episode 2 Part 2 (Abridged)

While MC and Tsukuyomi are solving block puzzles...
Suzuka: So Sphinx, you met MC earlier?
Ellie: Oh right, they start class today so they could've met the little kitty boy.
Sphinx: ...stop calling me that. My name! Is! SPHINX!
Ellie: Okay okay, geez. Well in that case, you can call me Sis. Orrr Big Sis Ellie? Hey. Hey. Will you do the sad puppy look and call me one of those things?
Sphinx: ...how stupid ARE you?
Ellie: Oooh~ this is fine too.
Suzuka: Okay that's enough Ellie. Anyways, maybe MC and Tsukuyomi got stuck in this nonsense too. Maybe they went to the teacher's office.
Ellie: Then I guess we'll head over and look for them?

Suzuka nods to Ellie, then looks to Sphinx.
Ellie: ...you wanna come too? It's dangerous to be alone.
Sphinx: HEY! I'd be fine if I stay here by myself! And I know what MC and Tsukuyomi look like, so I can find them for you! (runs off)
Suzuka: Wait!
Suzuka grabs Sphinx before he gets far, wanting to keep him in view to both watch and watch over him.

Suzuka: (Hmm...)
How DOES someone handle uppity kids trying to act big...?

Suzuka: ...Sphinx, will you come with us? Ellie and I might not be able to get things done by ourselves, so having you along would be a huge help.
Sphinx: Me? O-oh, well...
Ellie: What? I'm fine on my ow--
Suzuka: (Shut up and play along! Besides, we can't leave him by himself right?)
Ellie: ...oh. Yeah. We'd. Be. Happy. To have you along.
Sphinx: Hmmmm...
Suzuka: Ellie totally wants you along! Right!?
Ellie: Yep. Plus you seem way smarter than me.
Sphinx: ...o-oh...well okay then I guess. I'd worry about you having to get on with your trash brains, so I'll come help!
Ellie: (Ooh~...he's so simple.)
Suzuka: (Don't let him hear you!)
And so they went on to investigate.

Meanwhile, downstairs...
Boy R: OMG what happened outside!?
Girl G: All the trees died!
Boy G: Hey I saw this before in Akiba before! That Somethingverse???
Kresnik: ...okay, looks like all the students we found have gathered in this room.
Sandayu: Okay y'all! Be good and wait here, ya heard? Lil' ol' me and Kresnik-sensei are gonna search around the school and see what's up. Be back soon, don't go outside!
None of the students seem worried right now. Kresnik and Sandayu are thinking of collecting as much information as they can before they need to chaperone the students when they realize how serious things are, so they started with checking the attendance records near the entrance.

Kresnik: Hmm...so Suzuka and Ellie are the only ones on this list we haven't seen yet. And MC and Tsukuyomi are supposed to arrive today.
Sandayu: So we gotta find them and then we'll have everyone accounted for. Any ideas where they could be, Krezzy?
Kresnik: No. I can only think of our classroom, but they must have gone somewhere. MC and Tsukuyomi...would probably head for the teacher's office if they made it.
Sandayu: So we just missed them? Not like I got any better ideas. Let's go figure out all these shenanigans goin’ on!

Later
Suzuka: Hey Sphinx, where'd you see MC?
Sphinx: I bumped into them outside somewhere while trying to figure my phone. I was near this huge gate?
Ellie: So, right in front of our school gate? ...hey Suzuka, how about we go into that classroom and look outside?
Suzuka: Yeah, we might see them around if they did get caught in this.
And so Team Ellie walks over to a window to look outside.

Suzuka: ...why are there walls in the way!?
Ellie: Is it supposed to isolate us and trap us here?
???: Yes, hehehee...
Ellie: Sphinx, did you just say something?
Sphinx: N-no?? I heard something by the door and--AHH
Suzuka: The classroom is changing!
The room warps into a room inside a pyramid!

Elsewhere
Kresnik: wait what
Sandayu: Yeeeah, I'm pretty sure we came in through the teacher's office door. This your doin'?
Kresnik and Sandayu are also in some pyramid room.

Sphinx: Hehehee...I am Sphinx Lone Wolf!
Kresnik and Sandayu: WHAT
Somewhere Else

Extra Sphinx: Fear me and my sanctuary, intruders!
Sphinx: Copycat! Whomst!?
Extra Sphinx: This is MY mask! You're copying ME, jerkface!
BANG

Sphinxes: AAAAAA
Ellie: Whoa, I kicked the wall and it didn't break.

Extra Sphinx: STOP TRYING TO BREAK THINGS DAMMIT
Sphinx: oh gods she didn't even blink when she tried that kick
Suzuka: Yeah she's stronger than most people so now she just tries brute forcing everything...anyways, who are you? Is this sanctuary thing part of your powers?
Extra Sphinx: Oh thank the gods there's someone reasonable. AHEM! I am Sphinx Mereut and I made this sanctuary with my power! What thou calls a riddle exists not, and thou cannot see it if thou cannot grasp its true form. My power collects riddles from the world to the bottom of our hearts to manifest them. If you cannot solve my riddle, you may not leave my sanctuary. And don't be cute and try to break out violently, that won't work either. Show your wisdom!
Ellie: Uh, Sphinx? Is he your brother?
Sphinx: Dunno. Sphinx is also the name of my race so he could just be someone I never met... (But he totally looks like me! But how?)
Suzuka: He doesn't seem to be a Shadow, but I doubt he's someone who came in the same time you did.
Ellie: I know one thing for sure though.
Suzuka: What?
Ellie: We have MORE cute boys!
Sphinx: what

Ellie casually walks up to Mereut.
Ellie: Hi little boy~. I'm Ellie, sorry to scare you. I throw hands and feet by accident but that's no big deal! Oh should I not call you little boy? I'mma just call you Mereut then. Your mask is cute. Can I touch your wings? Let's sit down and talk. You can sit in my lap if you want~.
Mereut: I NEED AN ADULT!
Mereut backs away. Ellie keeps approaching Mereut.

Ellie: Cool room you got. You said we can't leave until we solve the riddle? Does that mean we can stay forever if we don't? That's fine! Let's play tag!
Mereut: HEEEEELLLLLLP
Sphinx: welp
Suzuka: ...she does this every time she sees little kids. I guess we should solve that riddle to help Mereut out. Sphinx, can you lend a hand?
BATTLE START (more happens later)

Kresnik: ...hm. Seems like Lone Wolf isn't lying.
Kresnik tried slashing and shooting at the sanctuary walls. Nothing happened.

Sphinx Edgy: I SAID it wouldn't work earlier!
Kresnik: Ouch, I got told off by a little kid. Also you're acting way differently than before.
Sandayu: ...Sphinx Lone Wolf is a stupid name, y'all.
Sphinx Edgy: I-it is!? I thought it'd be cooler than Sphinx Jeut...
Sandayu: Uhh, different strokes for different folks! It's cool. Anyways, you said we gotta solve your riddle to get out?
Jeut: Heh, indeed. The riddle is already before you.
Sandayu: Wait what? We gotta find it!? Aww man, we're screwed.

Jeut: H-hey, don't try to give up so quick!
Sandayu: But I dunno where to even start, kiddo. Be a pal and gimme a hint~?
Jeut: Urrrrgh!
Kresnik: (Oh, his goal isn't to imprison us. Sandayu's act looks like it's meant to make Jeut solve the riddle himself...)
Jeut: FINE! I'll give you one hint! ONE hint, okay!? Start looking for a message!
Kresnik: (Sandayu's a veteran provocateur, but Jeut really does act like a child. Maybe he is one? ...does that mean this is just a game to him?)
Sandayu: HMM, what have we here? Look, this wall!
Sandayu found a papyrus scroll in the wall.

Sandayu: ...uhh, how do I read this?
Jeut: W-wait, you can't read it!?
Kresnik: No, sorry. Housamo Translate isn't working on it either.
Kresnik: (Hey wait, why isn't it working? Is it because Jeut's not contracted, or...)
Sandayu: Welp, we're screwed now.
Jeut: W-wait, gimme a sec! I'll translate it for you okay!?
Sandayu: Tee hee, thanks kiddo!
Jeut is annoyed as he somehow knows how to write the message into Japanglish. Sandayu and Kresnik whisper to each other in the meantime.

Kresnik: (Aren't those the same symbols we saw just before the school got shifted?)
Sandayu: (Yep, so short stuff has to be our l'il intruder. He musta used hieroglyphics. Can't see why he'd do all this, so we gotta ask after we solve the puzzle.)
Jeut: Okay, there! No more hints ever, okay!?
Sandayu: Thanks y'all! We gots this in the bag now!
Jeut: Jerkface! If you can't solve this, I'll eat your souls.
Sandayu: ...wait.
Kresnik: ...what was that?
Jeut: I said I'll eat your souls. That's a thing with us Sphinxes. What thou calls riddles and puzzles are things that do not exist and cannot even be seen unless you understand them. Mine power collects riddles from the world and people's hearts and materializes them into a sanctuary. If you step inside one, you must show your wisdom or forfeit your souls.
Sandayu: I think he's serious...guess we better hop to it.
Kresnik: I've never felt so unthreatened, but I guess. Can we see that message now, Lone Wolf or whatever?
Scroll: The key is inside the mirror. The mirror does not speak. Reveal the key.
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment