Monday, December 26, 2022

Holy Night Gangstar Episode 2 Part 2 (Abridged)

Nirai Kanai, the island world surrounded by ocean. They believe a paradise of supernatural beings live beyond the ocean horizon where the sun sets every day. People also believe that the dead cross over the horizon to become ancestral spirits that watch over the living. And they had a king who graced the people and built a dynasty to unify them all. His influence was like the sun shining beyond the horizon, so he was identified as the sun to the point of inheriting those memories. His hands could reach everyone. Well, almost everyone.
The people of the land shone more faintly compared to the king, yet Teda's favor extended even to the final destination of the dead. The scale of his being was beyond that of the people, and he and the part of World Representative together formed System Nirai Kanai. System Nirai Kanai is the System that makes everyone Teda's beloved family that serves him forever. He was revered since birth, so he never thought there was anyone who didn't love him.

Teda: I'm always gonna watch over the lower people and love them! Now love me the most and never look away!
The boy was a hero who ran the fields of battle in his youth with his bow and helmet. The people saw Teda as someone to respect, not someone easily approached. Those chosen would be his servant shrine maidens who all strove to be first among his admirers.

Teda: More!
Then one day Teda had an audience with this one shrine maiden. This one DIDN'T throw herself onto the floor in awe and humility at his presence.

Teda: What? You could stand to be happier with me reaching out to you. This is an honor, you know!
The shrine maiden rejected him.
Teda: (This girl needs to know her place and see how great I am. This is gonna take a while.)
Teda: By order of the king! Give your lap as a pillow to me! ...hey get back here!

Teda just could not comprehend this girl who was so different from everyone else.
Teda: Hey...do you not like me!?
The shrine maiden left, not even answering the question in any manner.

Teda: Dumdum, get back here! How can anyone not love me!?
This was a shock to Teda since it never happened before.

Teda: ...fine! I'll just make you look at me! And I'll do everything I can to make you fall for me!
This was the first time Teda felt this particular emotion. He wanted to shoot them in the heart, make them only see him.
Teda: You get how great I am yet!? Your love for me is a reward too, you know. Now let me use your lap as a pillow! Yep, I'm brilliant today too. You can see that, right?
This was supposed to be a happy time...but eventually the gears stopped meshing.

Teda: Dumdum, why do you look sad lately? You not happy with my love?
The shrine maiden didn't look any happier. Months passed. Then one day she disappeared into the abyss of Obotsukagura. Then the memories inside Teda remembered their old family. They saw a memory of the first time they saw their pregnant lover. And then after a beach purification ritual, they returned to the deep sea where even the sun's light doesn't reach.

Present
Teda: I'm ready Koropokkur! Let's do THIS THING!
Koropokkur: Dressed like that? Are your senpais serious?
Teda: The kids will love me like this! Santa's already loved by kids, so if I combine myself with Santa I'll be super loved!
Koropokkur: What kind of a moron are you!?
Time for a failure montage!

Boy A: Stranger danger!
Boy B: Santa! Did you bring me a present? No? WAAAH!
Boy C: That bag is sus! YOU'RE SUS!
Koropokkur: Ha ha, faker!
Teda: I'm not owned! I'm not owned! ...hey wait, look at that!
Bertro: Are you cold, MC? I have prepared plenty of things for you so you can use them if you like. I even have sunglasses for sun glare reflected off snow because I thought something like that might happen!
MC: Thanks. Hey, who's that? / Let's hold hands, Bertro
(C) Bertro: Okay! Let me find mittens that feel nice to touch.
Teda: NOOOO

Teda: I can't BELIEVE you'd flirt with someone else in front of me! Also I can't believe I'd met you here. Whatcha here for? I could lend you a hand and give you the honor of my assistance!
Bertro: MC and I have things to do, so could you leave? You owe me for not telling people you were there at that thing back then! That's why you went through the trouble of calling me then, right?
Teda: !!!
Bertro: Oops, I said too much! Sorry, everyone makes mistakes.
Teda: Dammit, Guildmaster! You're gonna fawn over me too now
Bertro: Hahaha! Come on, a king can take a little joke, right?
MC: Nice outfit / He's just gonna follow us anyway, Bertro / Teda, were you there for THAT?
(A) Teda: !! Yeah! Good eye on you! Now come over here and dote on me! I permit it!
Bertro: Hmm. Teda, it looks like you're trying very hard to impress a certain someone by dressing in a Santa costume like me.
(C) Teda and Koropokkur look away.
Koropokkur: We lost at hide and seek...I originally asked him for help and now this is our life. We really shouldn't be getting involved with adult stuff.

Teda: Hold my hand, I'll warm you up in a flash!
Suddenly someone hugs MC from behind to stop Teda!

Fuxi: MC, I'm so glad you're alright! I came over when I heard the slum town children were attacked. I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you... But I see there's a swarm of pests trying to touch you. (eyes Teda and the others)
Fuxi: Haven't I told you I'M the one who thinks of you the most? You don't have time to look at anyone else, so please put everything else besides me out of your mind.
MC: (bearhug Fuxi back) / (flail) / Ugggghhh...
(A) Fuxi: Yes! YES! A violent sister is fine too!
(B) Fuxi doesn't even bat an eye.

Teda: Hey. MC is MINE, jerkface.
Koropokkur: Keep your dirty adult hands off MC, thanks.
Fuxi: Oh no, hooligans. I'll be gentle with you.
MC: Big Bro I'm glad, but could you not for now? / (look to Bertro for help) / Nobody's listening!
Bertro: I saw this coming so I was hoping we could avoid it. Well, how about you step back first? It'd be unfortunate for you to get pulled in. I know how difficult it is to stop things after they start, but--wait! I'm done with my simulation predictions!
Teda: Guildmaster, we got things we can't back out on. Can you back off? It's not like you have enough strength to compete with us, right?
Bertro: I might be frail, but things will end if something besides us joins in. (excitedly pulls out a ROCKET LAUNCHER)
Koropokkur: Why are you even here? I'll be quick and cool these idiots' heads off.
Fuxi: My story with MC needs no side cast. Would you all leave?
Teda: (jabs a finger towards MC) Watch me dumdum! This time, my light and hands will reach through everywhere in you!
BATTLE START (more happens later)

MC: Bertro sure is watching that battlefield. / Cold. Can you guys hurry it up? / I wonder if I can get away...?
Bertro: Present from Santa Bertro! (fires a present into the ground that blows up into a smoke bomb)
Teda: Don't think that'll hide my light!
Fuxi: ...! No, Teda! Wait--
Teda activates the fire on his bow and immediately blows up the Battle Area because the smoke was actually flammable.
Bertro: Deck the halls with balls of fire, fa la la la la la la la la la~! Okay, let's get out of here MC.
MC: eHehehEHhe / whoa that wasn't a toy / Nice, buddy!
Bertro is about to take MC's hand when a light arrow shoots out!

Teda: Hey, hands off. My big moment's just started!
Bertro: ...huh, that did less damage to you than I thought. Next shell--!
Bertro has countermeasure shots for every World Representative to keep up with the battle flow even with him being weaker.
MC: Go, Big Bro! / Bertro, don't get hurt! / Teda, help~
(A) Fuxi notices and blows a kiss. Everyone else gangs up on him because they notice or just don't like him.
(B) Bertro: Thanks, I'm okay! Have some popcorn! (throws popcorn to MC)
(C) Teda: Yeah, say my name! I'll brighten the world for you!
Fuxi, Koropokkur, and Bertro: AN OPENING
Teda: Whoa, hey don't gang up on me!

Bertro looks to be dominating the early part of this fight, so Fuxi and Koropokkur decide to change gears.
Koropokkur: Teda, we're gonna lose at this rate. Let's team up for now.
Fuxi: Oh, they're teaming up. How about we do too? It's better that than going 1v3.
Bertro: I'm the weakest here. You sure?
Fuxi: Good joke! You know we'd win if we team up.
Bertro: Hahaha! Okay then, watch your back!
Teda: Can it, Koropokkumquat! I'M the strongest and coolest here!
Koropokkur: Stop being stupid!
Teda: WATCH ME, MC!

Teda flares up his flames!
Koropokkur: Are you trying to burn the whole place down!?
Bertro: ...well this is a surprise. If he gets like that, only you and Koropokkur can stop him.
Fuxi: Hehe. Guildmaster Bertro, it seems he's terrible at calculating human emotions. Don't worry, I'll guarantee your safety. I'm sure only you and I can avoid the disaster he'll bring. All I have to do is take him down after he blows his load and I WIN! MC, I'm going to get a perfect victory. Would you like to have a private lunch with me somewhe--
MC: STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT AND STOP HIM, STUPID BROTHER!
MC gets out of Fuxi's arms and runs towards Teda!

Fuxi: No, stop! This is an app battle, but you'll still get caught in the crossfire if you go!
Fuxi reaches out, but his heart aches at seeing MC's back and his arm drops weakly.

Koropokkur: ...you are SUCH a pain in the butt.
Bertro: Angle more to the right. We have enough firepower.
Koropokkur: I know!
Bertro: 3... 2... 1... Fire!
Teda notices MC running over before fire and ice are fired off against each other.

Teda: Hey wait, MC! Get away!
Teda's distraction delays him a microsecond more than Bertro calculated, resulting in Koropokkur's blizzard blasting through Teda's attack. Teda realizes this and pushes MC back as he closes his eyes.

Teda: ...ass. I hate that you took my attention away, dumdum.
MC: SWIIIING!!!
MC swings at the icicle fired at Teda to block it. Teda opens his eyes when he realizes he hasn't been hit.
Teda: Hey! I'd have been fine against that!
MC: I was worried about you. I was running before I knew what I was doing. It's your fault anyways for flipping out.

Teda notices MC got frostbite from that attack and gently warms them.
Teda: ...I didn't mean to get you involved in this. But it's not my fault! Why'd you gotta get so friendly with Bertro and even Fuxi!?
MC: Were you worried about me being taken by someone else? I don't belong to anyone.
Teda: I just don't like it. It's...like...
MC: (pat his head) / (poke his cheek and call him cute) / (say you'd be fine with a childish partner)
Teda: !?
Everyone else runs over.

Koropokkur: You okay? I wasn't expecting you to jump out like that.
Bertro: No, it's my fault for not seeing this coming.
Fuxi: ...you've never changed. You didn't fear getting hurt yourself this time either. I'm sorry for pushing a joke too far. I really did come to see you though... You're looking for Don Simurgh, right?
MC: (looks at Teda) Come on, you too.
Teda: ...okay, fine. There's places I can't reach either.
MC: (glares) Not that.
Teda: Okay, I overdid it! Happy, dumdum!?

Fuxi: Hehe. You must be the only person who can make the sun king Teda apologize.
Koropokkur: Normally I have to be the one to stop him, but next time I'll just call you.
Teda: Shut up you guys! If you're going somewhere, show me the way! I'll help you out, so you better only look at me MC!
MC: Okay, we all made up? / No fighting, okay? / You'd be coming even if I never asked, right?
Fuxi: MC, ask me to come along too! I'll take you to Don Simurgh if you do!
Bertro: Let me give this to you guys first!
Bertro slaps stickers onto the World Representatives. They say "DANGER DO NOT MIX."

MC: Stop that! / Is this really okay...? / (stick one on Bertro too)
(C) Bertro: Thanks buddy! I've calculated for you too. (sticks on one MC)

Koropokkur and Fuxi seethe quietly about the stickers. Teda thinks about what happened and how he saw the light of the person he tried to give his favor to in MC. He also thinks back on some interrupted thoughts. He is the sun beloved by all, so it's unthinkable for anyone to hate him. Now he thinks it might have been jealousy. When she left, he didn't want to give his favor to the other people like usual. Maybe the other people got jealous of her and drove her off. But what if that wasn't it...?
MC: Teda? Why are you staring off into space? Not feeling well?
Teda: I'm totally fine! Let's go already!
MC: Hmm...weird. I bet he'd just wave it off and ask "you care about me that much?" though.
Teda: (shakes head) (I gotta stop worrying! It's your fault for leaving without a word anyway! Now I just gotta figure out how to burn all these other jerks...)
Fuxi: (Tsk. I couldn't make the immature brats leave. Oh well, it's fine. I can just try to crush them later, eheheHEHEHEH)
Bertro: (...! I thought of a new joke for MC! I hope they like it!)
Koropokkur: (These jerks are all thinking of something stupid. Whatever, I just need to protect MC.)
MC: Let's go! / The more the merrier! / ...don't fight, okay?
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment