Monday, December 19, 2022

Holy Night Gangstar Episode 1 Part 2 (Abridged)

MC's Room
MC's on the phone with Bertro.

MC: I told Boogeyman Zhurong was staying out tonight, but I wonder if he's okay...?
Bertro: It's cool. He made this decision, so he shouldn't be in danger at least. Anyways I figured out where Zhurong and the mafia who took Santa's bag are.
MC: Wow thanks. Can you tell me?
Bertro: One thing at a time! First, about the criminals. So there are microphones inside Ded's office and voice analysis came up with information of one person on my super science database. That'd be Simurgh, the don of the Simurgh Family mafia that operates near Arakawa. Let me send you a picture for reference.
impscream.wav
Bertro: Oops! Butterfingers, haha!
MC: little bITCH / Stop letting compliments go to your head! / No more screamers
Bertro: Hey, everyone makes mistakes! Here's the picture for real.
simurgh.jpg
MC: Intimidating... / He's hot. I wonder if I can cozy up to him?
(A) Bertro: Well Zhurong didn't seem to be afraid of him, so maybe he's actually nice to children. That's based on assumptions, but moving on!
(BC) Bertro: ...you fear no god, do you? Moving on.

Bertro: Don Simurgh has a unique connection and the family size is unknown. He's known to the important people of every guild, and they call him the Back Alley Sparrow Chunpi! :))))
MC: I'm hanging up now / Less outrageous lies, thanks / Watch out for back alley ambushes!
Bertro: ...he's called the Underworld Godfather and is one of the reasons people call Arakawa a danger zone. Even the police can't do much to him. Based on the Santa School thing, he's armed.
MC: A mafia? / Why were they there...? / What's this connection thing?
(A) Bertro: Well he has no personal criminal record aside from today's events. Most of their activity is branched out to shop management and bodyguarding, among other stuff.
(B) Bertro: Dunno, but there must be something for them to act so publicly. Also it's questionable if the police CAN arrest them.
(C) Bertro: He has the magical power to heal any illness with his feathers which he uses to spread his influence. People who want that power see him as a savior. You've got the wealthy to the back street thugs adoring him.

Bertro: Now on to Zhurong...I bet you have a good idea by now, right?
MC: Arakawa? What's going on over there?
Bertro: Who knows? I recommend against going there though, no need to put yourself at risk. To repeat, he went there of his own volition and he should know how dangerous it is even at his age. If he were to get caught up in something, then--
MC: He might already be / You seem worried about me / I'm worried about him.
Bertro: ...I thought it'd go this way, but you really did just say that. I mean I know you pretty much CAN'T stay away from problems, but still. Your guild advisor has it tough. Maybe I should predict whether he'll still have hair in the future! ...jokes aside I'll come along with you since I can at least reduce the risk somewhat.
MC: Thanks Bertro. Now if only you stopped saying bizarre crap, but I'll make it up to you later.
Bertro: It's no big deal, MC. We're friends, right? Call me when you wake up tomorrow so we can meet up. Good night.

Elsewhere
???: ...up! ...Zhurong, wake up already!
Zhurong's Soulsphere

Zhurong Origin: Hey, we finally meet. Feels like we should do something or this was a total waste.
Zhurong: Huh? What? Where am I?
Zhurong instinctively knows he's in the dream world despite having no memory of seeing any of it.

Zhurong Origin: How about we play soccer since you like running around so much?
Zhurong: You're...Zhurong, aren't you? There's something I always wanted to tell you!
Zhurong Origin: I think I know what it is, and it's cool. That's not why I'm here anyway. (grabs Zhurong's hand and pulls him along)
Zhurong Origin: You got questions, right? Shoot. I'll answer whatever.
Zhurong: ...aren't you mad? It's my fault you...
Zhurong Origin: I said it's cool...though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bothered about it. But I know you didn't mean anything bad about it, and I'm not asking to switch back. It's nice here actually. You're curious and see so many new things!
Zhurong starts tearing up.
Zhurong Origin: Ugh, how many times do I have to say it. Anyways, stop crying!

Later
Zhurong Origin: ...you good now?
Zhurong: Yes, thanks... hey, about what you said earlier. Are you--
Zhurong Origin: Yep! Well not all the time, but sometimes I awaken.
Zhurong: Oh! So you've always been with me. Feels kind of weird...
Zhurong Origin: You're amazing you know? Everyone loves you, but so many people thought I was a creep.
In the past in Hourai, Zhurong's been said to be the true form of the aurora that was the herald of revolution and disaster, so most people feared him aside from those close to him. He was hated.

Zhurong Origin: It's kinda beautiful how your light shines like a rainbow.
Zhurong: No way! Isn't your power...fire? That sounds like a cool protagonist power!
Zhurong Origin: Hehe, you're like the only one who'd compliment me about that. Still, you get it.
Zhurong: Yeah, I used it accidentally once before. Well I wasn't really using it, but I was wondering at the time... I'm glad we met.
Zhurong Origin: ...we got less time than I figured. I wanted to talk more. Why don't we take a pic since we're here and have finally met?
Zhurong: I want to, but I don't have a tripod...
Zhurong Origin: Eh, don't worry about it and take the picture.
Zhurong takes a double selfie with the camera.

Zhurong Origin: Good pic. You're definitely gonna be a first class cameraman.
Zhurong: ...will we see each other again?
Zhurong Origin: Dunno. This time was a coincidence. But it did happen because you wanted to see me, so maybe! I'll still be here anyways.
Zhurong: Okay. I'll see you again!
Zhurong Origin: Later, Zhurong.

Zhurong wakes up to birds twittering in the morning.
Zhurong: Yaaawn... (pushes himself off the Santa bag he was using as a pillow)
Simurgh: You're up? Breakfast is ready.
Zhurong: Morning uncle. I'll go wash my face.
Simurgh: You were saying your name in your sleep. What kinda dreams did you have?
Zhurong: Secret! But good!
And so Zhurong goes to wash his face.

Zhurong: Where's the towel...oh there it is!
Simurgh: Don't get the floor wet.
Zhurong: Okay, sorry!
Zhurong looks into the mirror after drying himself. It feels like his reflection is greeting him.

Zhurong: ...morning, Zhurong.

Simurgh puts on his daily coffee as Zhurong comes over to the table.
Simurgh: Well you're in a good mood.
Zhurong: Yeah, I talked with someone I always wanted to talk to.
Simurgh: How nice. Life's full of surprises, so you being a good boy means you can see people when you can.
Simurgh brings a cup for Zhurong too.
Zhurong: (sip) OH NO IT'S SO BITTER! This isn't cocoa!
Simurgh: Haha, just a little prank for not telling me about your dream. Here's some real cocoa for you. Sorry about that.
Zhurong: Not that! I'm mad you lied! You promised you'd talk to Santa about the bag instead of holding him up for it!
Simurgh: Oh, that. It's complicated for adults.
Zhurong pouts.

Simurgh: ...okay look. If I walked up to the Santa School and said to you "pretty please let me borrow the Santa bag, I promise to bring it back for realsies" would you believe me?
Zhurong: ...oh.
Simurgh: Yeah. But speaking of Santa, here's a present.
Zhurong: But you just gave me this Santa suit the other day!
Simurgh: Just take it like a good kid. Come on, try it on.
Mob suit Zhurong!

Zhurong: How do I look?
Simurgh: Yeah, you're killing it. You look like one of us with that on.
Zhurong: Yay, I'm gonna show everybody!
Simurgh: Sit down and eat first.
Simurgh smiles like a sneaky kid, the smile that only people who see themselves as evil do.

End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment