Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Live A Hero Book 2 Chapter 1 Episode 10: Chaotic New Capital (Abridged)

Evil Blue: The target and traitor are running for the surface from an emergency tunnel near East Umeda Station! We need backup!
The Evil Ninja's voices echo through the emergency tunnel as the party runs through.

Seiichirou: This is bad...and we're getting chased into the center of Osaka.
Akashi Alter: Bad route choice I guess...there's still another option, so let's go there. We can't avoid fighting though, so be ready.
Akashi: ...I can tell you're making this up as you go. You do seem smarter than me, but we still gotta fight when we get out? Welp that makes it easier for me! Bring it! I'll fix things no matter what!
Akashi Alter: ...don't lump me in with you. But it's true the situation is what you make of it.
Danzo: Whoo, they vibing on the same level because they're the same person? Coolio.
Santetsu: Please stop joking...there's the exit! ...it's not opening. Is it locked?
Roiker: ...stand back. I'll take care of it. (readies his gun)

Roiker: Solar surface, 1/2. Fire!
Roiker shoots a bullet at the door covers the whole thing in a fireball.

MC: You vaporized it with your gun!? How!?
Roiker: My Parallel Weapon has the power to recreate the environments of celestial objects I know of within limits, and I just shot a bullet that's half as hot as the sun. I've limited the radioactivity and heat, but you should still stay away from it.
Akashi: ...damn.
The door eventually melts into a ball of melted iron that falls to the ground. There's a circular hole where the door was now.

Roiker: Don't touch that. Now let's go.

The party exits into an empty shopping district. Smoke hangs around while explosions go off in the distance.
Seiichirou: How awful. They went this far over one person...
Roiker: Pulling back isn't an option anymore. Now that they've found us, the continued destruction is meaningless.
Akashi Alter: (looks conflicted)
???: There they are! Gather everyone who's nearby!
Evil Ninjas flood in!

Danzo: That was fast! Over here, MC!
Whoops, the party's surrounded as more Evil Ninjas come out of the underground tunnel.

Akashi: Goddammit!
Santetsu: It looks like there's 50 of them. Bad luck.
Roiker: We still can't surrender though. So, what now...?

One Evil Ninja steps forward and glares at Akashi Alter.
Evil Red: OUTSIDER! You disappointed us.
Akashi Alter: You've disappointed ME, bitch. Your plan sucks, you've caused tons of casualties, and your goals aren't aligned at all. You can yammer about making Japan great again all you want, but I don't need you guys for my goals. I'm not handing MC over.
Evil Red: RRGH! Fool!
Evil Red signals with his hand, and all the other Evil Ninjas ready to fight.

Evil Red: No turning back now that things have gotten this big.
Akashi Alter: ...what do the moderates in the group think of this plan? I can't believe they'd know about it.
Evil Red: Do I LOOK like I care!? Peaceful methods aren't making Monsters and aliens go away anytime soon! The tool we've been waiting for to change things is right there! We're taking them by force if we have to!
Seiichirou: Here they come! MC, engage!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Evil Blue: OSHIIIII
Evil Yellow: Damn yo--AAA
Evil Red: Goddammit! Group 2, forward!
MC: There's STILL more of them!?
Seiichirou: We've been trapped in place!
Akashi: ...!
Akashi Alter: Did you break your arm or something? Pace yourself or you'll die.
Akashi: Shut up! This is nothing! Breaking an arm's still better than letting MC get taken away!
Akashi Alter: ...(sigh)
Santetsu: ...Akashi's almost out too. At this rate...
Roiker: We'll be overwhelmed. Maybe I should fire my biggest shot into the enemy group...
Santetsu: Do you even have enough energy for that?
Roiker: I can keep going...!

Danzo: Things are bad man...whoa!
Evil Purple: Give us MC!
Danzo: No! Whoops!
Evil Purple and some other mobs start attacking Danzo! Danzo grazes them all while holding MC.

MC: OH NO
Danzo: Okay yeah, protecting someone while surrounded is KINDA rough f--
A sword hits Danzo's arm!
Danzo: !?
Danzo drops MC! Evil Purple grabs MC!

MC: OH NO! Let go of me!
Akashi: MC!
Evil Purple: I did it, Boss!
Evil Red: Good! Now hurry and--what?
Danzo: Hands off of--!?

Ryekie: JUSTICE PUUUUNNNNCH!
The mob holding MC gets blown away!

Danzo: MC, sorry! You okay!?
MC: Y-yeah...just now...!
Ryekie: Sorry I'm late! It's okay, Justice is here!
MC: Justice!
Akashi: !! You're here!
???: And it's not just him.
Huckle: MC, I'm glad we barely made it. We're here and regrouping.
Exio: Fighting while protecting yourself is hard, so I'll be helping out again too.
MC: You guys!

Seiichirou: I'm glad you're all alright.
Exio: I'm not one to do badly when I'm with two veteran heroes. And while it's only three more people coming back, we've got the power to cover you guys.
Ryekie: Yeah! Don't forget we're S Rank Heroes!
Huckle: Ex-S Rank Hero for me since my license expired for a bit...hmm? (looks at Akashi Alter)
Akashi Alter: ...
Seiichirou: No time to explain in detail, but for now he's allying with us. He's unlikely to turn against us because of current circumstances.
Ryekie: ...well okay then!
Santetsu: Wait what? No questions at all?
Ryekie: You guys accepted him, right? Good enough for me! A friend of a friend is my friend!
Roiker: ...I didn't know you were so simplistic.
Huckle: Haha...it does make it easier to deal with him though.
Akashi Alter: ...
Akashi Alter: heh

Evil Purple: Justice is here. We're in deep shit, aren't we?
Evil Yellow: Yep. He just destroyed the squad at Nakanojima with just two other people with him...
Evil Red: So WHAT if he's here!? Righteousness is on our side! Stop being chickenshits and start grabbing the targ--
???: AAAAAA
A scream comes from past the enemies.

MC: What now?
Evil Green: HEEEELP
Evil Blue: NOOO STAY AWAY
The enemy ranks thin out as mobs start running away in a panic.

Evil Red: What's going on!?
Monster: REEEEEEE
Evil Red: OH N--(chomped)
Party reaction shot!

MC: MONSTER!
Akashi Alter: >:C
End of Episode

1 comment:

  1. We are almost to the end of the chapter! I still wonder what happened to akasi alter for it to end like this but I think it will be explained later and how crazy roiker's ability is seriously panicking if not used with caution

    ReplyDelete