Thursday, December 15, 2022

Holy Night Gangstar Prologue Part 2 (Abridged)

Flashback to one day at the Academy
Bertro's looking for Duo, but since he can't find him he calls up Isaac to ask.

Bertro: Hey Isaac, have you seen Duo? I made up a new game and wanna play it with him.
Isaac: Oh he said he'd be with his brother because it's Christmas.
Bertro: Oh, it's Christmas?
Bertro knows of Christmas as a holiday Thing and considers asking Isaac to play with him instead, but only because he just needs anybody to play with rather than wanting to spend time with Isaac. He hesitates on thinking that though.

Isaac: Haha, no need to hold back on me. But how about we test something else out today?
Bertro: Like what? Need help with your research?
Isaac: That'd be nice too, but this would be a Christmas thing. How about we decorate for Christmas and get some Christmas dinner?
Bertro: ???
Isaac: You ever wonder if Santa would come to us too? I wanna ask him directly how he flies.
Bertro: Oh! I'll make a Santa trap then. And plan out a cannon to shoot him back out.
This happened long ago, but Bertro still thinks about it as something he never solved.

Present
Bertro: ...
Marduk: How strange for you to worry about something Guildmaster. Is something wrong?
Bertro: Just having a flashback. I'm listening, don't worry.
Marduk: I wish I could dwell on the past.
He can't because Musshushu shenanigans!

Bertro: Hey Marduk, has Santa ever visited you?
Marduk: Santa? No. Doesn't he only visit children?
Bertro: Well according to Korokoppur, people with pure memories are also called children so I figured that might include you.
No offense intended, no offense taken.

Marduk: Oh, some have called me that. But Santa does not seem to view me as a child.
Bertro: I don't know if I qualify either. I've tested many times, but...
Marduk: You don't know something? That's a surprise.
Beep beep
Bertro: ...excuse me, phone call.
Marduk: Okay, I can come back later.
Bertro: Oh, can you give me a ride?
Bertro's wolf ride isn't here for some reason.

Santa School
It's the day after Christmas so it'd usually be quiet here today. Except it's not.

Yule: We couldn't find any children in Arakawa to give presents to!
White: I see. It's strange how only the ones in Arakawa couldn't be found. But don't overblow it. You couldn't find them even with the other students and teachers' help, right?
Ryouta: Yeah Yule, we'll help too!
Yule: Thanks everyone!
MC: An incident... / Cheer up, Yule
Yule: Sorry to call you all the way here MC.
Ryouta: Hehehe, I'm the one who accepted coming over to talk, but having MC around makes me feel better! You didn't have any other plans besides the guild party, right? You had to bail out on Christmas the day of.
MC: ...no / YES LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE / (innocent whistle)
(C) Ryouta: Y-you're keeping secrets from me too!?

White: This is all very strange. How can all the children disappear at once and then be found after the blizzard stops? They all said they were in Arakawa still. How that even happened is a surprise, but why?
Suddenly Zhurong!

Zhurong: Hi everybody, I'm here for an interview! ...MC? Ryouta? Wow, you're here!
MC: How cute! / You look great in a Santa suit! / Where's my candy...?
(AB) Zhurong: Thanks! Everyone's been complimenting me about it!
(C) Zhurong: Yay, thank you MC! I love this kind!

White: Oh how nice that children will still wear Santa suits even after Christmas.
Zhurong: I like these clothes! Everyone in the city is getting ready for New Year's, but I still feel like enjoying Christmas.
White smiles as he pulls out a chocolate from his desk.

White: Christmas present for you!
Zhurong: Wow thank you!
White: My apologies, Zhurong. Can the interview wait?
White talks about how there's children who weren't given presents.

Zhurong: Are you talking about Arakawa?
Yule: You know something!?
Zhurong: Yeah I've been in Arakawa lately and heard about the children going missing. Nothing else besides that though, sorry.
Yule and the others say it's okay.

Zhurong: Um, are you going to give presents to them after this?
White: ...to be honest it will be hard. Santa's Christmas miracle is faith for Christmas, and Christmas is over so we'll have to do something else. We're trying to figure something else quickly.

Ded's office door bursts open and mobsters run in with guns out!
Red: Nobody move. Hands up, or we'll shoot the kid.
MC: !? (obeys and demands the mobsters keep their word)
Red: Good. You, tie their hands behind their backs.
The mobsters do so. By the way there's two other people in here...

Teda: Oh man, the Arakawa case made it over here. We can't just come out now! And MC is here too! I'm gonna burn them to ash for what they're doing to MC...
Koropokkur: Stop, you planning to burn the other children too? Just wait. We'll step in if it gets worse.
Teda: Do you ever have fun? You're so cold!
Koropokkur: Better than a meathead who never thinks like you. Now stay under my leaf if you want my Presence Concealment to cover you. Let's keep watch.

Are you wondering why they're there? Let's have a flashback about it to before the big blizzard!
Arakawa

Boy A: Cold...
Koropokkur walks by.

Boy A: Are you Santa?
Koropokkur looks bothered, so he gives a butterbur leaf to the boy, which gives Presence Concealment and Protection from Blizzards.

Koropokkur: I'm not Santa, sorry. You can at least stay out of the winter cold with this.
Boy A: Wow thanks!
Koropokkur: You could freeze to death otherwise. Don't let go of it until the snow stops.
Koropokkur goes around giving more leaves to children and ends up observing a historically huge blizzard that lasts all night.

Later
Teda: So it's YOUR fault people are yelling about the slum town kids disappearing!
Koropokkur: Well what else could have I done?
Teda and Koropokkur are in some cafe. Teda's watching people outside the window.

Teda: Oh wait a sec, there's more people I gotta give love to.
Teda makes a heart with his fingers. The crowd of randos goes wild. Koropokkur covers his ears and is so done with it as he continues.

Koropokkur: This is why I hate being with you. It's like this everywhere you go! You ever think about going incognito so there's less noise?
Teda: Why would I do that? People love it when I shine! And I just hate how you're always playing cool.
Koropokkur: I only care about children. And one of your fans is coming.

Guy A: E-excuse me, my shift is almost over! W-would you like to go with me on a--
Teda: Good on you to pluck on some courage. But sorry, I'm with someone.
Guy A: O-oh! You definitely seem like someone who'd have one or two--
Teda: Hey, I don't fault anyone for wanting me. Come on, gimme your phone.
Teda takes a selfie with the guy.

Guy A: T-thank you very much!
Teda: You can upload it to Twitter if you want. Make sure to tag it so I see it! Also I'm ready to order. Pancakes a la mode, a mango parfait--
The waiter goes back to the kitchen after taking the rest of Teda's huge order.

Koropokkur: What does everyone see in a fathead like you?
Teda: Are you jealous~?
Koropokkur: No. I like kids, but you're an exception.
Teda: How about you try growing up? Life's easier if there's even one less person around you hate.
Koropokkur gives off murder vibes that other people around can pick up on.

Teda: Oh chill out. Come on, I'll give you half my parfait.
Koropokkur: I'm gonna bury you in ice one of these days.
Teda's order starts filling the table.

Koropokkur: How can you eat all this? Are you planning to start a food fight?
Teda shoves food into Koropokkur's mouth!

Teda: Stop nagging and start eating.
Koropokkur: ...hey this frozen treat isn't bad.
Koropokkur: HEY WAIT, I didn't come here for sweets! I have to do something for the kids I accidentally kept away from Santa...
Teda: Don't worry! I got a plan.
Present
Koropokkur: So much for your plan!
Teda: Okay yeah, you would say that. I thought it'd be perfect if we borrowed Santa's bag to be Santa ourselves.
Koropokkur: You just want to show Santa up. Whatever, we gotta do something about the people holding a kid hostage and--!?
In comes Simurgh.

End of Episode


No comments:

Post a Comment