Sunday, December 11, 2022

Live A Hero Book 2 Chapter 1 Episode 12: A Glimpse of True Worth (Abridged)

Yep, Osaka sure is looking bad right about now. Weird sky! Black hole! Something looking through the hole!
Monsters: SHRIEK
Santetsu: Everyone, please step back! I'm going to do it again! (closes his eyes and casts his ultimate as his book glows)
Santetsu: Reading Comprehension "Olvasó Mozgások"!
Santetsu creates a giant hole underneath all the Monsters and drops them!

Roiker: ...I gotta hold out just a bit more! 1/1 scale WASP-76b! Observation "Spiral Nebula"!
Roiker fires a bunch of giant energy balls that combine and go into the hole!

Monsters: LOVELYYY (poof)
MC: Wow, you one-shot them! Your combo is awesome!

Roiker: Urgh... (drops to his knee)
Santetsu: Roiker! You really can't keep this up.
Roiker: Oh no...my attacks are getting weaker. I don't have enough stamina...
Akashi Alter: Roiker, or whatever? Can you still do your enemy search?
Roiker: ...yes, but we've gotten rid of most of the ones I can see from here. They're continuing to pop up from beneath the giant Path. They'll be here again in like five minutes.
Akashi: Seriously!?
Panning shot of the party looking beat up and worn out.

Akashi Alter: Alright, I'll go alone.
Akashi: Wait what!? You're worn out too!
Akashi Alter: So? You gonna just let them destroy the city? It's not like they'll let us rest, and I'm not gonna sit back and let them eat the city up. I have to destroy them, even if it kills me! (runs)

Akashi: Hey wait! ...man, what got into him!?
Huckle: Monsters seem to have traumatized him. He's right that the Monsters won't wait for us though. We have to hold out long enough to figure out how to solve this mess.
Ryekie: War of attrition, huh? I got this! Stamina's the thing I got most of!
Seiichirou: We can't keep this up forever though. We at least have a little time now, so we should move too. Exio, MC, we're going to close that Path!
Exio: ...we haven't done that since the Mt. Fuji incident. It's gonna be risky about whether we can pull it off, but we don't have another choice. Ready, MC!?
MC: Yeah!
Seiichirou and Exio hold their hands up to the Path as they close their eyes and concentrate. MC follows suit. And just like with Mt. Fuji, MC's mind gets sent to sort of space. A powerful force blows against MC like wind.

MC: Was it like this last time!?
Exio: ...no, it's a lot stronger this time.
Seiichirou: It's not just Monsters appearing in the city! That giant thing is in the back...!

Suddenly Monsters!
Seiichirou: !!
Exio: We're getting pushed out!
Monsters are riding the space waves into the hole behind MC, Exio, and Seiichirou. They don't seem to care about the three, but the amount going through makes it hard for them to stay.

MC: I can't...hold on!
MC, Exio, and Seiichirou get slammed back onto their asses back on the ground.

Ryekie: H-hey, you guys okay!? It looked like you all suddenly got tackled!
Seiichirou: Ugh...that might have hurt us. You two okay?
MC: I-I'm okay, just a graze! But what was that!?

Seiichirou: The Path itself was expanding, probably from all that weird force. And tons of Monsters were flowing to that exit, so no matter how many we take down they'll just keep coming.
Exio: It's gonna be bad if we leave it alone. But we can't just let ourselves get overwhelmed. Let's try that again since we don't have time to figure something else out! And if more Monsters come, we won't be able to close that Path anyway.
Seiichirou: Right, we just have to steel ourselves! We have to finish it before we get swarmed! MC, Exio!
MC: Right!

Second verse, same as the first.
MC: Ack!
Let's do the time warp again!

MC: Ow!
Akashi: MC, you okay!?
Whoops, MC is looking cut up and bleeding.

MC: The heroes and Observers are doing their best, so I gotta do my best too!
MC staggers to their feet and heads towards Exio and Seiichirou again.

Akashi: Hey! ...wait what? What's that weird light coming from MC?

Later
Seiichirou: ...well, you look fine for now MC. We're just about out of time. I know this is pushing it, but let's try one more time.
MC: Right!
Exio: ...? MC, what's going on with your body?
MC: wait what
MC notices a pale blue light coming from their body now.

MC: WAIT WHAT
Exio: You didn't notice? Well, does anything seem off?
MC: Uhh, I guess I'm a little tired...
Exio: ...oh. Well you have been concentrating and using your power this whole time. It rarely happens, but tell us if you're hitting your limit. Seiichirou and I can buy you time to recover.
MC: Thanks, but I'm okay!
Seiichirou: (Why'd Exio lie? I mean it's true Observers give a faint glow on rare occasions when using their powers, but I at least have never seen it this clearly? What's happening with MC...?)
Exio: Let's get to it, Seiichirou.
Seiichirou: ...right.

MC's light intensifies as all three concentrate on the Path again.
Yep, still a whole mess of Monsters inside.

Seiichirou: Ugh, I knew it. Still...!
The three concentrate on trying to close the Path.

??????: !!!
Seiichirou: What!?
A soundless roar shakes the Observers before kicking them out again!

MC: AAAAAA
Oh yeah MC physically gets sent flying for this.

Huckle: MC! (catches MC)
Huckle: ...I made it.
A bright light fills Huckle's eyes!

Huckle: !?
Now Huckle sees sort of space too.

Huckle: ...huh.
Huckle recognizes that space. It's the inside of a Path, which he's seen himself when he was an Observer. An MC-shaped mass of pale blue light is in his hands as he stands there still holding them.

Huckle: MC, did you bring me here...?
Monsters incoming to kick Huckle out!

Huckle: Voyager Kick!
Huckle continues carrying Lightform MC as he Galactic Punts the Monsters away!

Huckle: ...I can fight with my Parallel Weapon inside a Path?
Monsters: REEEE
Huckle: More!? Hup!

Huckle jumps up to avoid the rush and readies to stomp out the Monsters! Except then MC slips out of his arms...
Huckle: Oh no!
Huckle is back in Osaka where he was before he got into the Path. MC is standing in front of him.

MC: Thank you, Director.
Huckle: ...r-right. MC, did you just do something to me?
MC: ...no? Did you do something?
Huckle: Oh, uh no. It's nothing. I'm counting on you.
MC: Right, I'll never give up!
Huckle: (stares)
Huckle: What just happened...? That would never happen when touching a normal Observer...

Later
The Observers get knocked on their asses again.

Santetsu: That was the 20th time now... Shouldn’t we be dead?
Roiker: It'd be nice if we had some help...but it sucks that we don't here. !! Monster alert! Next wave incoming! Santetsu, I'll set them up and you finish them off!
Santetsu: Understood. I'll hold out as long as I can!
Roiker: Team Parallel Flight, please guard the Observers. Could you?
Huckle: Of course. Good luck.
Roiker and Santetsu move out, leaving the Observers to focus on the Path and the rest of the party.

Seiichirou: Roiker and Santetsu are tiring out. We can't take much longer on this. I've said this to the point it's lost any meaning, but we'll get it for sure next time.
Exio: It's still demoralizing that we're at this point! But then again we can't pull out here. Let's do what we can!
Ryekie: Is watching all we can do!? Can't we help the Observers out somehow!? Anything at all!
Akashi: We're pretty beat up ourselves. But I feel the same. I'd rather not let MC see me like this as much as possible. I'm supposed to shield them, but...!
MC: You guys...we have to do this though since we're always in the back.
Huckle: ...
Huckle: Excuse me, MC. (touches MC)
FLASH

MC: wait what
Heat flows from Huckle's hand!

MC: WAIT WHAT
MC's stamina slightly recovers like Huckle is sharing his!

Ryekie: Huckle, what are you doing? (puts hand on Huckle's shoulder)
FLASH

Ryekie: Wait WHAT? (lets go) I saw stars!
Huckle: MC, did something change when I touched you?
MC: Everything turned white for a second and I actually felt better...
Huckle: ...thank you. We have something we can help with now.
Ryekie: Ooh, ooh! What!? Does it have to do with those stars I saw!?
Huckle: Ryekie, Akashi, hold onto me. We're going to help them fight inside the Path.
Akashi: That's a thing!?
Huckle: I just tried, and we can go back in there. There's no time to hesitate. Let's do what we can.
MC: You can do that!?
Huckle: MC, let me touch you again. Once inside the Path, let us defend you guys while you close it.
Akashi and Ryekie put their hands on Huckle.
Seiichirou: ...what are you guys doing?
Huckle: Okay MC. Take us in. Don't worry about us when we're there, just focus on shutting it all down.
MC: Here we go! (holds hand up to the Path)

Inside the Path, Huckle, Ryekie, and Akashi are there.
MC: Wait what!? How!?
Seiichirou: I have the same questions!
Exio: Hmm...
Akashi: What, where are we!? MC, did you bring us here!?
Ryekie: Hey I just saw all this!
Huckle: Yeah, we're inside the Path. I know because I was an Observer before too. The exit back home is behind us, and something big is up ahead.
Seiichirou: Is MC sharing their vision and Observation ability with them!? Impossible! I only ever heard of it working with other Observers lined up!
Exio: Never mind that, don't they feel the huge pressure in here?

Monsters incoming!
Akashi: Oh right, they're coming in from here!
Huckle: I was able to attack them earlier. They're trying to get out from here, so you know what we have to do right?
Ryekie: Destroy them and keep them away from the Observers! Winners strike first!
Ryekie Thunder Dashes into a group of Monsters!

Ryekie: Full force! Justice Thunderrrr! BOOM
Monsters: (poof)
MC: WHOA / You already fought so much, yet you still have that much energy!?
(BC) Huckle: Ryekie! You had that much stamina left?

Akashi: ...nah, I can somehow tell that ain't it. I can feel it too. We were exhausted from all the fighting earlier, but I feel a whole bunch of power coming up from within me!
Ryekie's thunder surges around! They hit invisible walls that aren't supposed to be there and break them down to the sounds of shattering glass, and cracks spread around with fierce light.

MC: WHAT
Exio: He damaged the Path itself! I never knew you could bring heroes into the Path and cause that much damage!
Seiichirou: I can't keep up with all this! A hero being here without getting sucked up is already unheard of, but a hero can destroy the Path!? Is this MC's power too!?
Exio: Yeah, we never imagined any of this before but there's no time to think about it. MC, are you feeling okay? Feeling any strain?
MC: Nope! I actually feel great!

Exio: ...heroes and Observers can share energy? No wait, that's still not enough to explain that big buff. Too many questions, but we do have a plan to close the Path now.
Seiichirou: ...right. For now, we have to do whatever we can to stop this and save Osaka! Everyone! Let's join together to weaken the path and erase it from Osaka's sky!
Akashi: I don't really get it, but we can just go wild while bopping Monsters, right!? I got this! In fact, I can't wait to run around swinging!
Huckle: We can do anything we're able to! We won't leave all the fighting to you three! MC, let's save the city and everyone in it!
MC: Right!
The Observers hold their hand up to the far end of the Path while the heroes ready themselves for the approaching Monsters...the decisive battle is at hand.

BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment