Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Holy Night Gangstar Episode 5 Part 2 (Abridged)

Back on Christmas Day...
Cat A: Christmas sucks! Eat shit!
Cat B: sadge. I wish I had something nice. Or two.
Then an old friend appears.

Cat A: Look who it is. Didn't some rich dude pick you up?
Cat C: ...got dispossessed. Real estate flop.
Life is hard for stray cats.

Cat Whoever: It's the Simurgh Family's fault!
Cat Nemo: Yeah! We gotta make fried chicken outta them or else I won't feel better!
It was a little thing at the beginning, nothing bigger than just bumping into each other while walking by. It kept happening, resentments kept building, and eventually it got too big to stop.

Cat A: Don Bertro, give us an order!
Cat B: Yeah, you told us there's no such thing as a free lunch! We have to fight it out with the Simurgh Family, right?
Bertro: ...yes, it's too late to stop things at this point. Okay, I'll lead and show you what's at the end of this road.
Cat A: Yay!
Bertro: One question before we start...do you guys believe in Santa?
The cats think he's joking.

Cat A: ...ha, good one! Christmas is already over.
Cat B: Yeah, and we did so many crimes to get by.
Cat C: How could we ever get presents?
Bertro: You know, I never got a present before either. Maybe it's because I'm not a good boy. Or because I'm not human...actually, it's because I never believed in Santa.
Cat A: ...Don?
Bertro thinks about how Santa can break the second law of thermodynamics. That would mean he doesn't exist, which means Bertro doesn't believe in him, which means Santa never came to him. But what if Santa gave him a future he never predicted?

Bertro: ...I have one thing to ask of you. If an aurora appears tonight, would you look up into the sky?
Cats: ...Don Bertro!

Present
The cats have found Bertro all beaten up by Koropokkur.

Bertro: Hey...this is the end of the road I promised you.
Cat A: No, don't talk! How could this happen!?
Cat B: Somebody help! It doesn't matter what happens to me!
bwooong

Cat B: ...what? Wait, what's that light in the sky!?
A giant aurora is in the sky above the slums! Everyone stops to look at it.

Cat C: This is different from the one I saw in my home world...it's weirdly heartwarming...
Red: ...Don? No, wait...

Simurgh: (cough) Is that Zhurong? ...what's he doing up there?
Fuxi: Heh, I lost the bet then. Tonight's weather forecast is an aurora.
Rainbow birds carrying presents fly to the townspeople.

Cat D: Hey, this is that one thing I left behind because my life was on the line!
Cat E: No way, I never thought I'd see this again!
Red: This is...a picture album of the don? W-w-who made this!?
Hermes: ...huh. Did Don Simurgh do this?
Jiraiya: Hot damn, who'd give a present to me the great thief?
Benten: OMG aurora! Banger incoming, Hermes, get into a Santa suit!
Hermes: Uhh, we're in a fight here. You could stand to be a little more concerned about that.
Benten: But the AURORA! Line up, dammit!

What brought this must be the slum children's wishes. Zhurong has shown a collection of wishes for somebody else's happiness, and the birds fly beyond the battlefield to spread it further...
Girl A: Santa really came! Yay!
Boy B: Hey wait, where's the robot man who promised Santa would come?
Boy C: Yeah, we have to thank him!
Kenta: Uncle, look I got a present!
Barguest: That's great. Santa knows how you're always a good boy.
Kenta: The birds got you a present too. So we're both good?
Ose: ...oh, heh. I can play Schrodinger's Age and I get a present too?
Elsewhere

Koropokkur: Is this what you were waiting for, Bertro? Schemer...wait, you shouldn't have known how this would play out either...whatever, long as the kids are happy.
Cat A: OH MY GOD DON BERTRO'S HEALED

A bird comes to MC and Simurgh too.
MC: Me too? T-thanks...what could it be?
Fuxi: Oh my, I got a present too. I don't really fit the description of good boy, but thank you.
A rainbow feather drops on Simurgh and heals him!
Simurgh: ...the gunshot is gone. Guess I can't lie down and sleep then.
Zhurong and Teda land down.
Zhurong: WAAAH! Uncle, are you okay!?
Simurgh: Whoa, what? Stop crying, I'm fine thanks to you.
Teda: MC, you're okay! Man, I was worried!
MC: Yeah I'm fine. Big Bro helped.
Teda: Dammit, he stole ahead...well, as long as you're fine.

And now the last part of the cast...
MC: Bertro...? Why are you with the cats?
Bertro: ...hello Don Simurgh. I'm Don Bertro of the Pete Family.
Simurgh: ...I didn't expect a kid like you to be the Pete Family Don, even if I knew you were different.
MC: What? / Knew it...
Bertro: I did it. I told them we have to fight.
Simurgh and Bertro square off.

Bertro: How about we get to it?
Cat crowd noises!

Simurgh: Finishing the fight? ...fine, I see.
Cat A: W-wait, Don, no! You almost died five minutes ago!
Cat B: Please spare our don, I'll do anyth--
Bertro: Haha, what? Since when was this a group vote?
Cat C: ...okay, if that's your command.
Bertro: MC, could you help a little longer? Will you believe me, my best friend?
Simurgh: ...(sigh) I can't believe it goes down like this.
The final mafia war fight!

BATTLE START  (more happens later)

Somebody: ...please, stop the fighting!
It's unclear if someone from the Simurgh Family said that or the Pete Family.

Goonie B: I don't want the don hurt anymore!
Flunky C: I don't wanna fight anymore if that's what's gonna happen!
Members from both sides start dropping their weapons one by one.

MC: Bertro... / Simurgh... / Well that was a risky bet
Don Simurgh holds his hand out to Don Bertro.

Simurgh: Welcome to the family.
After he makes sure Bertro gives a firm shake, Simurgh turns to the shadows.

Simurgh: This is the decision of the dons of the Simurgh and Pete Families. Capito?
Red: ...you knew I was here? You don't need the opinions of a traitor.
Simurgh: Heh. I'm not one to throw out a kid for mouthing off once. We're family. If you have something to say, say it straight...our family bond isn't that weak.
Red tears up and looks down.

Simurgh: ...did you want to punch him, MC?
MC: Nah / Clench those teeth! / Well if you're letting it go, I will too.
(AC) Red: ...thank you, MC.
Simurgh: You sure...? I mean I could heal him if you do beat the shit out of him.
(B) Simurgh: Don't worry, I can heal him. Just don't kill him.

The rainbow birds heal the Pete Family.
Cat A: ...what's gonna happen to us now?
Cat B: Dunno, but I don't wanna fight anymore. Maybe we'll have better luck at something else.
Simurgh looks at Bertro and Fuxi and sighs.
Simurgh: You guys ditched me to make your own plans. Dicks. You better use those heads to help our families after this.
Cat C: Weeeh, Don, you're okay...
Cat D: Thank you, Don!
Cat group hug! Zhurong takes a picture of this.

Zhurong: Yay for you, Bertro! Look at this picture!
Bertro: Oh...I have to apologize to you.
Zhurong: Yeah, you touched my camera without permission! But it's okay, Uncle was saved because of that.
Simurgh finishes healing everyone.

Simurgh: Okay the hideout can't hold everyone now that the family's this big. So why don't we have a welcoming/Christmas party on the streets?
MC: Nice! / Won't the kids cry looking at them?
(BC) Simurgh: Slum kids are tough. They'll get used to it.

Zhurong: Yay, a party!
Teda: MC, be my date! Great, right? Tell me you like that!
Fuxi: Big Brother disapproves. I'll protect you!
Bertro: We can't have that. MC is my friend, so they should go with me.
MC: goddammit / Stop fighting! / Hey Zhurong, let's sit together
And so the family war comes to and end and the party goes back to the hideout area.

Boy A: Santa! You kept your promise!
Bertro: Did you get a present? How nice.
Cat B: Don, you made a promise to people besides us!?
Cat C: How about we hit you in the head if you push yourself too hard?
Bertro: Hey, your Don is Don Simurgh now. The Pete Family accomplished its goal and is disbanded now. I'm just Bertro now.

Simurgh: Here's your first job, boys. Get the Christmas party ready! Fuxi's paying, so go crazy on the spending!
Teda: I'll do it! Royal banquet incoming!
MC: Brother I want to eat this / (order without checking in)
Fuxi: Order whatever you like! Oh, let's get a giant cake! We can even cut it together! Like newlyweds!
Zhurong: MC, look!
MC: Hm? (turns around)
Mafia Suit Zhurong!

Zhurong: How do I look? Uncle gave this to me because he says it looks like he kidnapped me if I wear my usual clothes!
MC: You really do look like a mafia scion! / You're cute in anything! / Whatever you say, Boss
—-
(AB) Zhurong: Yay! Bang, nobody stands behind me! ...how was that?
(C) Zhurong: Okay, hug me! Hehe...someone should take a picture of us!
—-
Food starts getting piled on top of tables.

Simurgh: Okay people, pick up your drinks!
Simurgh: Got your drinks? Good, let's not keep the kids waiting.
Simurgh: Ahem. I know it'll be hard to accept one another right away, but I believe we'll get to a better future...we weren't born being family, we are choosing to be family. I hope you'll open up to each other...now then.
Everyone: Merry Christmas!
To be continued in the Epilogue!

No comments:

Post a Comment