Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Holy Night Gangstar Epilogue (Abridged)

It's a Christmas party in front of the Simurgh Family hideout! Lots of cheering!
Benten: Let's rock, people!
Cat A: YEAAAHHH
Girl B: More juice please!
Barguest: Sure, one sec. Don't run and spill it.
MC: Whew, tired. Hmm... (looks around for someone)
Someone approaches.

Koropokkur: ...hey, little hero. Thanks for helping me out this time.
MC: Koropokkur! What do you mean?
Koropokkur: It's my fault Santa didn't come for these kids. You see how happy they are now? ...I owe you. Maybe not in this loop, but I swear to pay you back someday.
MC: what / ...
(A) Koropokkur: Don't worry about it.

Koropokkur: ...I will always help innocent children. But I will never help anyone who tries to take advantage and use innocent children...that's all I wanted to say. I'm going back now. Call me if you ever come to my Portal in Kita. Also Teda is looking for you.
MC: Cool, thanks / I was looking for him just now / Was I that obvious?
Koropokkur: Haha, if you do see him tell him there are things I do thank him for. I'm just not gonna say so to his face and watch his head blow up. Bye. (whoosh)
MC: hey wait where'd he go?
MC looks over to where Koropokkur said Teda would be and sees him in the middle of a food fight.

Teda: Hey, MC! You wanted me, right?
MC: No I just happened to see you / I guess / I figured SOMEBODY was gonna start sulking
Teda: Aww, that's cute. As king, I permit everything since you came!

Blue: E-excuse me...?
Teda takes a selfie with Blue.

Blue: Oh thank you! I'll make this my phone wallpaper and worship it every day!
Teda: You do that!
Blue is about to leave when they look at MC.

Blue: Um...what sort of relationship do you two have? You seem close, so...
Teda: Ooh, is that what it looks like?
MC: Stop getting carried away! / Nothing / He's my handful of a little brother
Blue accepts this for now and leaves.

Teda: Haha, embarrassed? It's cool with me if people know!
MC: I bet you tell that to everyone
Teda: You're right! The sun graces everyone equally, got it? I love you, so you better spoil me more! ...that's not the only reason I chase after you though. I've been studying up...you're secretly special to me.
MC: what?
Teda: ...I-I'm not saying any more than that! Now come on. You came all this way, so I'll let you feed me cake...no wait, feed me cake MC!
Teda closes his eyes. He tastes cake.

Teda: Hehe...this is just for you. But man it took you forever to feed me cake! You don't have to be so--
Surprise, it was Blue!
Blue: Oh my god I can't believe I got to feed you cake!
Teda: !?!? MCEEEE!

Later
It turns out Fuxi pulled MC away when Teda closed his eyes.

Fuxi: EhhehEHHEhe, I can't wait to see how Teda will react when he opens his eyes!
MC: You ruined the moment! / whoa / Thanks, Big Bro
Fuxi: Oh it's nothing. I just couldn't help myself when the little bitch Teda was acting so outrageously.
MC: But I was gonna see you later / Please get along with Teda... / are you sick
Fuxi: Heh, it disgusts me to be seen as equal to the baby king, but it seems we both learned something this time. My original plan was to wait for you to come since I knew you'd be drawn in.
MC: Is that why you allied with Simurgh? / Figured

Fuxi: You are my driving force. I will always choose you over the world. Also...how was I earlier?
Flashback!
Cat A: Got you!
Fuxi: No you don't! MC, are you okay?
Present

MC: Hmm~ / I was happy to see you / Thanks, Big Bro
Fuxi: ...how would things have gone if I chased after you when you left our home world? I cannot foresee outside the world I know, and you will always fly outside. Heh, I love how unpredictable you are. I'll do my best to figure out how to make you happy. I want to surprise you.
Fuxi winks and turns to leave.

Fuxi: Unfortunately, I need to go. Arrangements for the new family and all. But also for you! I'll come see you again, so when I do, please help me take a load off.
MC: And there he goes. He really can do things when he tries. Is it because he became alone?

MC looks around and sees Bertro now.
MC: Oh, you changed outfits again? / Can I sit next to you? / Having fun?
Bertro: Oh, are you done talking already? Don't worry, I was only watching from afar, not eavesdropping or anything. I've been talking to the family folks and the children.
MC: ...can I ask you something, Don Bertro?
Bertro: If you're asking why I made the Pete Family, I said as much before the party started. It's because the wolf I ride on wanted me to...something wrong with that answer?
MC: Is that really it? What did you think, friend-o?
Bertro: ...

Flashback!
Bertro: Isaac, have you seen Pete?
Isaac: Robert? Well the cat was bugging me to open the door like it knew there was somewhere warmer past the door, so I did...I don't know if there's anything past this, but do you think the cat was fine with this? If it stayed, it'd have the same future as us one day. You probably already knew though.
Bertro: ...of course. That's obvious.
Experiment Log: Subject X. Time travel aptitude found, but subject has disappeared. Experiment failed.
Bertro (narrating): Science. Human evolution. If rats can have aptitude, maybe cats can too. I understood of course. My cyborg body was built on experiments like that. Still, there was something I hadn't addressed. I want to believe Pete is looking for the door to summer somewhere I can't see him.
Present
MC: Bertro? Is this something you can't talk about...?
Bertro: Oh, no it's fine. Flashbacks, it happens...well, the wolf is a part of me and maybe they'll be even more of me later on. Maybe that means they're a part of my heart too. Haha!
Bertro looks at some regular cats playing around.

Bertro: I'm a little tired from running around without my wolf. The Tower Upper Echelon will be mad at me if I'm away from the guild too long as well, so I should go back tomorrow. What about you, MC? And how's Zhurong for that matter?

Inside
Simurgh is having coffee while sitting on a sofa.

MC: You're alone? I figured Zhurong would be here.
Simurgh: Oh, it's you. I sit by myself when things get crazy. My men can relax better without me around too.
MC: I'll hang with you then / Doubt / Even though you're family...?
Simurgh: You don't need to worry about me. Not like there's food in here.
Simurgh decides to make MC some coffee too after figuring they aren't going to leave.

Simurgh: ...MC, what do you think of Bertro and the Pete Family from what you've seen?
MC: They really care for Bertro / I feel like I've done the same thing / Nothing really...

Simurgh: ...I think the hardest thing in the world is that first time you hold your hand out to another. People can't believe when there's nothing to believe in...and continuing on after holding your hand out is hard. This isn't a happy ending to this incident, I've got a ton of things on my plate after this. That kid Bertro has a talent for shaping the future...something my family is thankful for too.
Simurgh gets some milk and sugar that doesn't seem used much and puts it in front of MC.

Simurgh: That reminds me...the guy who says he's your brother. It's been fun working with him. Odell's annoyingly talky too, but it's good he's got no reservations. Sure is mysterious though...
MC: Like you? Maybe you should talk more.
Simurgh: ...being family is hard, but I want to enjoy it...also, aren't your brother and the loudmouth brat looking for you?
MC: I talked with them earlier, so it's cool. Just taking a little break.
Simurgh: Well if you're bored, stop bothering with me and go check on Zhurong. He seemed off last I saw and was staying away from the party.
And so MC complies and looks for Zhurong. He doesn't seem to be around the party area.

Later, MC finds Zhurong sitting alone in an undecorated street.
Zhurong: Oh...hehe, you found me.
MC: I was looking for you. What's up?
Zhurong: Thinking about what happens next. Lots of things happened, but what if I stayed with Uncle? I can go to school from here the way things are now, and Uncle might want me to stay. He picked this suit out for me and everything.
MC: What do you want to do?
Zhurong: ...I was thinking it'd be nice to have family around when I wake up and when I go to bed. You live in the dorms, right? This'd be a little different. Uncle would be sad and lonely, but maybe I'd get sad and lonely too. Hehe, if I go back to school and get lonely, will you sleep together with me?
MC: Let's go back now! / Okay! / Don't get caught, okay?

Zhurong: I wasn't planning to stay to at first, but now that I've have to say bye, I'm feeling sad...I'm scared to tell Uncle I'm going back too. Oh, not that I'm afraid of him! Maybe he'll understand if he looks into my eyes.
MC: Well it's not like you'll never see him again. You can always change your mind later.
Zhurong: ...oh, right. Thanks MC! I'll tell Uncle I'll go back for now. But I'll come back again, and we'll still be family even when we're apart! He's at the party, right? Will you come with me?
MC: He's sitting alone in his room after he made his toast. He thinks it's better without him there.
Zhurong: What!? O-oh, maybe I shouldn't tell him I'm going back then... (thinks)
Zhurong: No wait, I should go see him and tell him now! MC, can I ask a favor?

Later, back at Simurgh's hideout.
Simurgh: MC, I told you not to worry about--!?
Zhurong: ...I came to talk to you, Uncle. I was worried about what to do, but I thinking of going home soon.
Simurgh: ...good, I was thinking of telling you that too. I'm a criminal, and I have my responsibilities as don. I can't stay with you forever.
It's clear Zhurong can't stay.

Simurgh: ...but if you ever feel sad, come on by. This is your home now too.
Zhurong: ...yeah! Also...I was thinking of saying the same thing to you.
Zhurong hugs Simurgh. Simurgh pats him on the head.

Zhurong: Oh, I'll go with you to apologize to the Santa School.
Simurgh: You sure? They'll label you a naughty kid and not give you a present if it all goes sideways.
Zhurong: It's fine! And if it comes to it, we can just leave the bag and run!
Simurgh: Who corrupted you? It's not me, is it?
Zhurong and Simurgh smile. Their smiles look so much alike.

Zhurong: Come on, let's go together! I'm going home soon, so let's have fun and take lots of pictures!
Simurgh: Alright alright, stop pulling.

Outside
MC: There you guys are!
Red: Where were you, don? We've been waiting for you!
Cat A: Yeah, you can't call us your don and then not show up! What'd be the point!?
Cat B: Let's share drinks like hardcore yakuza!
Simurgh: ...we're mafia people, but I can join for drinks still.
Red: You newbies are RUDE to the boss!
A new, refreshing breeze blows through the Simurgh Family...

Simurgh: ...ugh, I have to whip the family into shape.
MC: He says, loving it / Aww, that looks like fun / Can I come again?
Simurgh: ...I owe you a lot, MC. Come by if you ever need help. The Simurgh Family is your nest too, heh.

Teda: There you are! Where have you been instead of paying attention to me?
Fuxi: So how was having a fan feed you cake?
Teda: So that WAS your doing!? Dammit all!
Flash!

Zhurong: Ooh, nice pic of you two! ...wait, Bertro did you fix my camera?
Bertro: Oh right, that thing. I'll fix it now.
Zhurong: But I already took the picture!
Bertro: C'est la vie!
MC: Well things sure got rowdy, but having everyone together is more fun.
Simurgh: Such noise, but you're right that this isn't bad.
This is the family the king of birds dreamed of, one not defined by blood or birth circumstances. This is the story of miracle brought by the stars on a late Christmas...

The End

 

1 comment: