Sunday, May 1, 2022

Valentine Fantasy Episode 3 Part 1 (Abridged)

Once, there was a historical person who was known as both a saint and a witch. The legend started when a country girl stood up when her nation was on the brink of defeat. She was guided by heaven, led an army, and won battle after battle. Her comrades praised her as a leader of the war and a patriotic saint devoted to saving her country. She would recklessly charge into enemy camps and destroy them completely. To her enemies though, she behaved exactly like a country-destroying witch. Witches were cruel and terrifying, and after the girl's defeat she was captured by the enemy nation. They passed judgment, and so she was chained to a fire. There are many reasons discussed as to why she wasn't saved as a saint, but burned at the stake as a witch. Some say she was abandoned by her homeland for being problematic and famous enough to threaten the king. There can only be one king, so she was blamed for the losses. But another theory says the village she was born in had a Fairy Tree in its plaza, meaning she was no saint with divine revelations, but a witch deceived by fairies. No one knows who that girl really is, just that she left a certain strong faith as an alternate virtual image.

Title card

Fashion show time!
Arachne: First off, Cait Sith! The costume he's wearing was originally some marching band uniforms I quickly modified. How kingly! How gorgeous! Look at that cute ribbon on his chest as a highlight! Hey Catoblepas, you helped with these too, so you explain too okay?
Catoblepas: Uh, okay. So those boots Cait Sith is wearing. Those are based on Puss in Boots, which I thought was fitting for us being in a fairy tale world.
Arachne: Next, Itzamna! Bright and sparkly like a starry sky!
Catoblepas: My thought process went from arts to astrology. The story says the wizard I based outfit on could make prophecies off shooting stars.
Arachne: Lots of aquamarines to express his wisdom! The other gems are based on my image of Itzamna. His art students picked them out. 

Arachne: Balor's got such a burly body, so I went with an aggressive design.
Catoblepas: Since he's a king like Cait Sith is, I went with The Emperor's New Clothes for his base.
Arachne: His vest and crown has a lot of jewels on them to show his nobility.
Catoblepas: This time we went all in on that design theme. Everyone looks so gorgeous!
Arachne: Last, we have Arc! What a gem! So I decided to try putting them in a red hood for the mysterious angle~. What secrets do they have? How charming!
Catoblepas: To make their natural charms stand out, we also added in the Hunter from Little Red Riding Hood to the imagery. Licht also helped with the accessories here, so please ask him for the explanations later!

MC: Soooo is this your plan, Itzamna?
Itzamna: Yes, it's the plan Cait Sith used to save Candyland earlier. We'll do this to retip the balance between the world of terror and the fun land of fairy tales.
MC: Where's mine? I want something cool!
Arachne: I got you, fam! Don't mind the lack of budget or whatever reason you won't be seen with it on!
Catoblepas: Yes, we've thought of something!
Arachne and Catoblepas present the Young King with the Holy Sword costume.
Catoblepas: It's based on this one king who got a prophecy from a dragon. Isn't it cool!?
Arachne: It's themed with Itzamna's since he's the sorcerer who gave that dragon's prophecy.
MC: I can't see how it looks on me but thanks!

Itzamna: You look good too. Just what I'd expect from a king from Tir na Nog.
Balor: Hey this isn't what I was told would be happening
Itzamna: Are you jealous that I'm the one with a more connected theme with MC? Can't you be happy that you both are dressed like kings?
Balor: Not that. Ugh, whatever. I'll get you for this later.
MC: But you look great, Grandpa. / Don't pout okay. / I'm glad we're both dressed like kings.
Balor: Haha damn brat, you've learned how to treat your grandpa.
Balor cheers up, and everyone splits off into either the search team or the home base team.

Arc: ...so Licht, Arachne, and the others are staying to defend the children? Should I stay behind with them too, MC? Maybe it'd be better for them to go on the search team. I think my artifact might scare any children we find.
Boogeyman: ...
MC: Pshaw, it's fine / But I think you're awesome / You're strong, so I'm counting on you
(A) Arc: I hope so. I'm not too confident about that.
(B) Arc: Huh. I'm not feeling it after what I've done lately.
(C) Arc: ...okay. I'll show you what I can do as the Otemachi guildmaster.

Itzamna: Don't force yourself Arc. I'm not worried though, if you're concerned about that it shows how kind you are and the children will see it. Or maybe the prophet and forest sage who is most definitely not Merlin not good enough?
Arc: Uh, maybe you have a point. I can't be like Cait Sith, but I'll do my best. I'm worried about leaving MC alone too.
MC: RUDE / Counting on you! / (innocent whistling)
Itzamna: That's the spirit! We have someone even more terrible for children's education here!
Balor: It sounds like someone wants to die!

Licht: Arc, maybe you should try changing how you fight if you're worried about that.
Arc: Meaning, don't use my chains?
Licht: (points at gun) I supervised while Sensei made that gun! It works just as well as a real one!
Arc: Hmm. I'll try it out, thanks.
Licht: It should be easy to use. It's a miracle product made with my knowledge and Sensei's excellent creation skills! (starts babbling about the model gun's strengths)
Boogeyman: Hey Cait Sith can I touch you?
Cait Sith: Okay. I heard from my subjects that you take care of them a lot. (sends a few cats to step forward)
Boogeyman: Oh, I see those cats in the school gardens a lot.
Cait Sith: They said thank you for the food and pets. You like cats a lot, don't you? So this is a thank you for that.
Boogeyman: Well...cats don't fear me. *(pets Cait Sith)*
Cait Sith: Cats are cautious, so them getting close to you is proof how kind you are. In our kingdom, we say that nobody who is nice to cats is a bad guy.
Boogeyman: Thanks. And thanks to you guys for letting me pet you. Come visit again, I'll have even better food for you.
Itzanma: Okay time to go. We should hurry since the children could be in danger at any time. We're off!

Children cheer the party as they head out.
Kid A: Wow, cool! Get the bad guys, dragon king
Kid B: Have some chocolate!
MC: Thanks, just relax and wait for us!
Kid C: Kitty, look at me! Wow you're so cute!
Kid D: Let me pet you!
Cait Sith: Hey wait, calm down! But then again I'm the king of cats... okay, just until we leave.
Kid E: Hey grandpa let me ride your shoulders!
Balor: What. Why!?
MC: Aww, come on Grandpa. / Smile! / If you make them cry I'll hate you.
Balor: Brat. Okay fine, but you better indulge me later.
MC: Fiiine. / I reserve the right to say no. / Yeah sure whatever.
Balor: You promised. Okay get on kiddies, you won't ever get to ride the king of giants' shoulders again!
Kid E: Yay!
More and more children ask to ride on Balor next.

Kid E: Hey why are you naked? Did someone trick you?
Balor: That's because I don't have any embarrassing scars!
Children are flocking to Arc and Itzamna too. Boogeyman is the only one left alone.
Boogeyman: Kids are MEAN. Well I knew that already but still.
One child runs up to Boogeyman and pushes him from behind.
Zhurong: Boo! Heehee did I scare you?
Boogeyman: Whoa. Zhurong? You're pretty brave to try to scare me.
Zhurong: This is for you! Good luck!
Boogeyman: M-me? T-thanks...oh no there's dust in my eyes
MC: Awww / What a nice boy / Don't cry!
(C) Boogeyman: Who says I'm crying!?

Zhurong: Hey MC, take care of Boogeyman-sensei! He's easy to misunderstand, but he's a great teacher! But maybe he gives too much homework.
Boogeyman: Shouldn't you be asking me to look after MC instead...?
MC: Okay! / He's a good teacher. / Should be fine.
Zhurong: Oh right, you wanna see a picture of Boogeyman-sensei? (starts showing pictures saved onto his camera)
Zhurong: Here we have a picture of Sensei playing with cats at the school garden! It's really hard to get a picture of him smiling like this since it doesn't happen much!
Boogeyman: !
Zhurong: And this is a picture of him practicing to smile in a mirror!
Boogeyman: NO STOOOOP! When did you even take those pictures!?
Zhurong: That's a secret~! If I tell I won't be able to take those pictures anymore! Okay good luck everybody! (walks over to the other members in the party)

MC: So you DO have a cute side / So how did smile practice go / Meow I want nibblies~
Boogeyman: Don't you make fun of me. He didn't really publish those photos, right...? Also, you don't seem afraid of me either.
MC: Meh. / Nope. / That's because you're cute
---
(C) Boogeyman: Y-you don't really mean that, do you? That's not something you say about a fairy like me.
---
Boogeyman: Even a lot of adults are afraid of me. This is gonna sound weird from someone who exists to scare others, but thanks for not being afraid when talking to me.
MC: You're welcome / Heh yeah that IS weird / I like you more when you smile
Boogeyman: ...is it okay if I come talk to you when I see you after we get back to Tokyo? I only have Zhurong and the cats to talk to at school when it comes to the students. Everyone runs when they see me coming. Heh, heheh, ha...
MC: Is it because you throw a bag over people's head and--
Boogeyman: :(
MC: Okay. I'll introduce you to my friends too!
Itzamna starts telling the children to stop so they can go.

Boogeyman: Haha, I get why the teachers call you fearless now. But let's focus on the problem at hand and do our best.

Later, out in the forest
Wolves howl in the distance, and it feels like someone is watching you guys.

MC: Creepy / Really creepy / So what kind of area is this?
Boogeyman: This is wolf territory. They work as a pack to terrorize children. I bet they've been watching us ever since we stepped foot in here.
MC: Wolves are great but are they against us? / The one from The Three Little Pigs? / There's on in Little Red Riding Hood too
Boogeyman: Well they are the most likely used animal if you need a villain in a fairy tale. Personally I can't help but sympathize with their treatment, but while I'm not that happy with what we'll need to do we can't let the children be in danger.
Itzamna: In many cases wolves act out of hunger. It's true what they say how things look different based on your perspective.

MC: So where are the children? I don't see any around.
Boogeyman: Hmm...yeah it's weird how we aren't hearing any of them.
Cait Sith: Our time has come! Help us out my people!
A bunch of cats appear and scatter around to search.
Cait Sith: Don't try to be a hero! Tell us if you find them!
Boogeyman: Will they be okay? What if the wolves attack them?
Cait Sith: It should be fine. They may be physically smaller and weaker, but some of those cats can use magic.
Soon a child has been discovered by the cats. The party approaches some bushes and searches, finding one child hiding from the wolves in there.
Kid A: No don't eat me!
Boogeyman: I-it's okay, we're here to help.
The kid screams upon seeing Boogeyman.

Boogeyman: O-oh...sorry.
Cait Sith: Y-you alright? We've come to help too.
The kid starts calming down.
Kid A: R-really?

The party nods, so the kid starts crying in relief. Cait Sith and Itzamna try to calm them down enough to talk.
Kid A: These scary wolves caught us. They said if we win in hide and seek, they'll let us go. But they said they'll eat anyone they find and... (starts crying again)
Itzamna: So you hid here. Don't worry, you're okay now with us here.
Balor: Those punks.
MC: How many others are here? Do you know where they are?
Kid A: There's seven of us including me...but sorry, I don't know where they are.
Boogeyman: So we're doing the Wolf and the Seven Young Goats? We have to find them fast!
Cait Sith: Don't worry, we have the locations of them all! Let's go!
End of Episode part

No comments:

Post a Comment