Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Valentine Fantasy Epilogue (Abridged)

Otemachi
Harlot: ARC WHERE WERE YOU? I'm sorry, I won't hit you again...! (hugs Arc)
Arc: No, I'm sorry too for what I said. And...thank you for scolding me when I'm doing something wrong.
Arc goes on to hug Surtr and Azathoth.
Surtr: I was so worried! I'm glad you came back.
Arc: Sorry for worrying you, Dad. I wanted to see you again too.
Azathoth: lmao I was bored without someone to play with
Arc: Sorry Azathoth. We can play later then.
More family hugs.
Arc: ...oh right. I made chocolates for the three of you.

Roppongi
Cait Sith: Whew, I'm finally back, meow...
Cait Sith flops onto the ground. Cats start gathering around him.

Cait Sith: Ngaaah, let me rest for today at least...wait what? You made me chocolate?
Cait Sith gets up and sees a mountain of chocolates.
Cait Sith: Uhh..."thanks for everything"..."you're the best king"...? Aww, thanks you guys! I'm so happy you guys support me so much I might cry!
Some cats struggle to bring out a bigger chocolate that has "Sorry" written on it by the cats who supported Balor in making Cait Sith an eternal king.

Cait Sith: ...no, it's okay. You guys expect a lot of me, and I'm glad you guys want me to be your king forever, but there's a difference between something that is eternal and something that can only be eternal. I think the second one is wrong. If there's something I can't do, then maybe the king after me can do it. I might be super, SUPER greedy, nyaha. Here's to working together even more!
The cats pull out instruments and start partying over Cait Sith's reign until the maids come to complain.

Itzamna's art class
Itzamna: Cooold...
Benten: Hey Sensei! Feels like it's been a while since I saw you because we were doing so many classes in VR.
Itzamna shivers as he starts to get up from a kotatsu and start class but the students stop him.

Licht: We could just join you in the kotatsu for class...
Itzamna: B-but that's improper...
Kuniyoshi: We don't care! Everyone has their own circumstances, especially the furries I've seen and [RANT REDACTED]
Itzamna: Haha, then maybe I will take up your suggestions. Oh wait, before I forget...I have chocolates for you all. I made each one especially for you individually. I hope you enjoy my masterpieces.
The art class trio get excited.
Benten: THIS IS SO GONNA BE A HIT TWEET
Kuniyoshi: This furry shaped chocolate is too beautiful to eat...!
Benten: Kuni you already opened yours!? Then I better open up mine! (does so) OH EM GEE this is so photogenic!
Licht: H-how much effort did you put into making all these?
Itzamna: Oh, quite a bit. I wanted to see you three happy. And my friend taught me to treasure those important to me. (looks out the window)

Prison School
Yasuyori: I-Instructor Balor is giving us chocolate? Thank you! But, uh...
Tanetomo: Tee hee, are you suggesting there's poison in it? Oh what a surprise, I thought so too. Taste test it for me.
Yasuyori: N-no, I would never think...!
Balor regrets his decision already.

Tiger Man: That was good, Instructor! It reminds me of something...
Balor: Yeah, that old lizard fart taught me how to make them.
Tezcatlipoca: Where's mine? Oh wait, are you challenging me to fight you for on--
Balor: I wouldn't say no to that, but calm your tits. Here.
Tezcatlipoca: Ooh, what a sweet scent it has!

Balor: Hey wait a tick, why didn't you come along to the VR world? You wanted a forever war with MC, don't you? Now that I think about it, it was unnatural how you bothered telling me about all that.
Tezcatlipoca: What, you really have to ask? My BRRRROTHER would never try to run from a battle he was locked into!
Balor: ...so what would you have done if I forced MC to stay?
Tezcatlipoca: You did, but you didn't go through with it. HAHAHA!
Balor: GUHAHA. You talk like you know me! Ugh, why'd you ever tell me to begin with? You wanted to laugh when I failed and came back?
Tezcatlipoca: Hey, I did what I did out of the pure kindness of my heart. I hear the nightmares you have every night. If you had more good memories with MC, I thought they'd get better.
It's true the short time spent in the VR world felt like a dream to Balor. And ever since he came back his dreams have been surprisingly good. It still pisses him off that Tezcatlipoca turned out to be right.

Balor: ...you...ck...
Tezcatlipoca: what?
Balor: YOU GIVE THAT BACK, FUCKER!
Tezcatlipoca: Haha, why should a god give back an offering? Take that, grandsoncon! But I promise I'll get you something for White Day!
Balor: PISS OFF WITH THAT BULLSHIT AND LEMME STOMP YOUR FACE IN
Fight fight fight. Tiger Man cheers, Yasuyori dithers about whether to stop them.

Tanetomo: Oh this is delicious. Yasuyori, tea time.
Yasuyori: B-but...shouldn't we stop them?
Tanetomo: No. We can't anyways, so let's just enjoy it.

Shinjuku Dorm
MC: ...Solomon, you here? I want to say sorry.
Solomon: (poof) Waaaah, Master! Is it really you? What happened!?
MC: Sorry / Stuff... / I'll tell you later.
Solomon: Waaah, I thought I'd never see you again! I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so push!
MC: I'm sorry too
Solomon: It's okay...I'm glad you're back safe! Umm...please brush me! Oh, but first pets!
MC: Oh that reminds me. Here.
Solomon: Is that chocolate!? Hooray! Ehehehe, no one has a better, loving master/servant relationship than us!
MC: I'm glad you like it / Cute / Oh right, Cait Sith...
Solomon: OH! Sorry, I had a surprise chocolate for you too, but the fake Master found it and ate it! WAAAAAAH
MC: That bitch...but I expect something for White Day.
Solomon: Oh right! I swear I'll get you something really good!
And so MC talks about their VR adventure and Solomon talks about Fake MC's shenanigans.

Next day
MC: Wow it feels so long. I'm getting nervous. Did the fake burn my life down!?
The fairy tale adventure felt both short and long. And to the side of the school is the school's flowerbeds where Boogeyman usually works in silence.
MC: He's not there...
The wind blows.

Ryouta: Hi MC! You okay?
MC: Hi Ryouta. So weird question, did I do anything weird lately?
Ryouta: Oh, you're back to normal! We were all talking about it. We thought something was different about you but couldn't say how. What happened? We guessed stuff like lovesickness, actual sickness, not enough exercise, and a whole bunch of stuff!
MC: Oh good, the fake didn't totally destroy my life. So anyways...

One explanation later
Ryouta: A pretender!? I can't believe Shirou's long shot guess was right! I'm sorry I didn't realize you were replaced!
MC: Well they tried not to be discovered, but you noticing something off at all is amazing! We really do have a bond.
Ryouta talks about what the pretender was like in class and at the guild while the two of you head to class. Once MC gets to their desk, they notice that something's in there.

MC: Hmm?
There are three chocolates inside. As MC tries to think of who they came from, their phone beeps with text messages.
Cait Sith: My adventure with you was fun, MC! Let's go again with Solomon sometime!
Itzamna: I will always be your friend, MC. Talk to me if anything ever troubles you.
Balor: To my beloved grandson. I'll see you again soon. Wash your neck for some reason and wait for me. Also my chocolate has more love in it than these two dicks, haha.
Cait Sith: No it doesn't! Mine has tons of love!
Itzamna: Stop fighting over minor details you two. We literally trespassed so we had to leave quick...also mine has the most love in it.
Balor: Don't YOU try to score points all sneaky like that!
Cait Sith: No fair! Oh, but we can just ask MC later what they think, right?
Balor: ...
Itzamna: ...
MC: Well you three are getting along. Thanks, love you. (smiles at reading the messages)
Ryouta: Oh my god you got three chocolates! Are you in your popular phase!?
MC: Maybe. I need to get thank you presents together. 

Flashback?
The sad, lonely fairy kept scaring children out of doing naughty things, yet he was still alone even after all the thanks he got from the grown-ups.

Boogeyman: I'm still lonely, forever alone...
One day, the fairy met a dragon that was his total opposite. The dragon was kind to everyone and was loved by everyone.
Boogeyman: No fair...how do I be like that dragon?
The dragon still gave the fairy kindness. When the fairy opened up to them, they became best friends. And thanks to the dragon, the fairy made even more friends. He met a cat who taught him how to make children smile.
Boogeyman: Yay, I'm not alone anymore!
But it couldn't last forever because he stopped scaring children. He got weaker and weaker, but he was okay with it. It was better than being all alone again.

Classroom
Boogeyman: And so the fairy disappeared happily as his friends watched him go. The end.
Zhurong: WAAAAH! He died...!
Boogeyman: Haha, I know it's sad but it was a happy story for the fairy. He made lots of friends before he disappeared thanks to all the kindness around. You guys should be kind to others too, okay? Promise me.
The children say yes and ask for another story.

Boogeyman: Okay, tomorrow then.
Boogeyman is about to leave for their next lesson when the door opens.

MC: Mononobe-sensei told me to come here to help an--BOOGEYMAN!?

Boogeyman: Hi MC. You look like you've seen a ghost.
MC: But you died! / I'm so glad! / I knew you'd be back.
Boogeyman hugs MC and smiles. It's a smile that'd scare children, just like the first time you met him.

Boogeyman: I was supposed to die...but the VR world's System kept me alive. The fairy tale world is the inside of my artifact, and my faith of terror was stolen by Balor. When Balor lost as the top of that hierarchy, the whole world was supposed to be destroyed. But Utopia tech also says that world's time flow was accelerated to the utmost limit, which meant the instant it was supposed to blow up, the deceleration's backlash flipped back my faith and hierarchy position.
MC: What?
Boogeyman: Oh, Balor had to explain it all to me later too, and I'm just repeating what he said. But he says that in the flow of time, the hierarchy system is all built off the same thing. I don't know what that MEANS, but short version is that I got my master of terror position back. Honestly that wasn't supposed to be enough to bring me back to Tokyo though. Tokyo saved me somehow. The moment you all went back while I was disappearing, I was allowed to come back because you all remembered me as a friend and teacher.
MC: Why didn't you say something earlier you jerk!? / ...okay

Boogeyman: I mean I wanted to see you guys again as soon as I could too, but it was a mess because I was put down as having disappeared. Then I decided to surprise you...whoo~.
MC: Suing for emotional distress! / I can't take any more... / Because you were scared?
Boogeyman: Heheh...oh, this is for you. Valentine's chocolate. I want you to open it in secret somewhere else. You know what they'd make of a teacher giving chocolate to a student like that.
MC: Thanks... / Jerk... / I'll get you for this!
Boogeyman: Haha. Oh right, there's one more person waiting for you. You made some kind of promise didn't you? They said they'd be on the roof.
MC: Okay...let's talk again later. Look forward to what I'll give back then.
And so MC leaves.

Boogeyman: Okay, time to go to my next class.
A bunch of students start talking to Boogeyman on his way to his surprise. Normally they'd never say anything to him.
Students: P-please take this!
Boogeyman is given Valentine's chocolates.

Boogeyman: Are these for me? Thank you, but what brought this on...?
Wolf A: Thanks to you reprimanding us for our fight earlier, we were able to keep our friendship!
Girl B who wasn't involved back then: These are our thank yous! Um...I made it with love, so please try it...
Boogeyman remembers them after thinking about it. They made the effort to bring something to thank him with even if it was possible he'd get mad they brought something unrelated to school with them.

Boogeyman: Oh, thank you. I'll be sure to try them later.
The students look surprised but happy.

Guy C: I didn't know you could smile like that. I thought you were scarier.
Boogeyman: Haha, well you're right. But I changed thanks to my friends.
And so Boogeyman walks on with the students with a lighter spring to his steps.

School roof
A familiar person is waiting up there, brushing a finger through their hair and waving upon noticing you.

Arc: Thanks for coming, MC. I'm so glad about Boogeyman. He came all the way to my home to apologize. Mom and Dad were so angry, and it was tough to get them to stop.
MC: Yeah... / Ahaha... / I can see that happening.
A breeze blows through the silence.

Arc: Oh right, I saw Itzamna. We talked about going to the beach all together when summer comes. And I think...even he might come if you ask, even though he became a king of terror.
MC: Hmm...he might just come normally if everyone goes though.
Arc takes a deep breath and looks directly at MC. A beautifully wrapped chocolate is in their hands.

Arc: ...I wanted to give this to you. Do you remember when we fought? I was just living guided by others, and it wasn't my choice to fight. It was you who taught me there were other ways than fighting on and dying. You gave me choices and worries, and I wasn't sure how to describe you. I know that now though. These feelings are...
Arc thinks of one word among love, friendship, gratitude, and other emotions they've felt.

Arc: Before I knew it, I was thinking of you more. The time I spent on that is something I like and get bothered about. I hope we can keep going on together, worrying and hurting. Will you accept my feelings?
The winds of youth blow through the roof where only they are present, carrying a faint scent of chocolate...
The End

1 comment: