Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Valentine Fantasy Episode 6 Part 1 (Abridged)

In the lake
Itzamna: Did my voice not reach...? (sinks) ...hey wait I hear someone.
Boogeyman: Itzamna-sensei, take my hand!
After pulling Itzamna out of the lake

Boogeyman: Huff...huff...I'm glad you're okay.
Itzamna: Sensei, I--
Boogeyman: ...I have to tell you something, but later. We need to save the children now!
Arc and Cait Sith have gone down while buying time for Boogeyman to save Itzamna, and now the giants surround the teachers.
Itzamna: I see, the children had to protect us. Now stay away from them, giants of fear! Wood Magic!
Itzamna causes plants to grow and bind the giants, and Boogeyman swoops in to save Arc and Cait Sith.

Arc: ...is Itzamna okay?
Boogeyman: Yes, thanks to you. You two fought well.

Later
Itzamna: I think we've run far enough. Boogeyman, let me see them.
Boogeyman puts down Arc and Cait Sith after having carried them on his back, and Itzamna starts treating them.
Boogeyman: Wow, you know medicine?
Itzamna: I once taught it to people hoping they would live longer.
Arc and Cait Sith look better and calm down as Itzamna heals them. Itzamna relaxes a little at this, then explains to Boogeyman about the things relating to MC and Balor's proposal when he was making the fairy tale world. Itzamna also explains about MC holding the fragments of the Exiles, the plan to keep them for eternity, and everything else he kept quiet about.
Itzamna: I have trapped you all in a terrible hell. I am truly sorry...

Boogeyman: ...I understand how you feel, so stop.
Itzamna: How can you know!? It's my fault you're disappearing!
Boogeyman: Why are you mad? ...well I guess that's just how it is. I wanted you to feel that way, to be sad all the time that I'd be gone...I was jealous of anyone who could make you feel that way. I wanted to go out leaving an eternal scar on somebody.
Boogeyman explains that the only way to erase the world was to erase himself.

Boogeyman: I know that behavior is wrong since you'd be sad for being left behind...I don't want you to be sad. Thank you for showing me that it was wrong.
Itzamna: Fool! I'm supposed to be the one apologizing here...
Boogeyman: Why am I making you mad? Was I supposed to scold you? I mean it doesn't seem like anyone would do that for you...
Arc: Haha, what are you two doing at a time like this?
Cait Sith: I know right?
Boogeyman: H-hey, I'm trying to be serious...

Arc: ...let's tell funny stories when we all get back.
Cait Sith: Yeah, all of us together!
Boogeyman nods. Itzamna wipes his eyes.

Itzamna: ...getting old makes you sentimental. You're right.
Boogeyman: But we're up against the war king Balor. He's not an ordinary--
Arc: Leave the fighting to me. I'm pretty good at it too.
Arc thinks back to their days where the tricks of war were drilled into them at Fujimi Academy. It was there that this game's prototype was made, this game meant to create an immortal All-Knowing All-Poweful God. Arc was ashamed to be the only survivor among everyone given powers from other worlds to kill each other, but now they're glad to have the power to survive any battlefield.
Arc: First, let's assess our situation. We had MC run, but it might be too optimistic to think they actually got away.
Boogeyman: Yeah, it's highly likely they got caught. There's no way Balor would let them leave.
Cait Sith: Then we need to get to them quick!

Arc makes a battle plan that uses everyone's powers, which everyone agrees to. Everyone gets up, a little worse for the wear, and Itzamna starts muttering as everyone looks towards their destination.
Itzamna: I want to respect MC's decision. If they want to return to Tokyo, then I will look for a way. And if they want to stay, then this time I will stay with them. In that case, I will change this place to the Land of Blessings Avalon with my power.
Itzamna holds up their golden staff to solidify his resolve and vow.

Boogeyman: I will not leave this all as Itzamna and Balor's responsibility, so I want to save everyone pulled in because of me. Let's go sock Balor's face at least once if we can.
Boogeyman holds up his hatchet.
Arc: ...I know how it feels to be crushed and how it feels to be the cruel crusher. That's why I sort of understand why they did this...well, right now we're fighting. I'll talk more later after we save MC, because MC...MC gave me a choice.
Arc holds up their gun.
Cait Sith: ...I sort of get why I felt something familiar in MC. They're the might-have-been next king of giants of Tir na Nog. But that doesn't matter! Right now, they're my friend! I don't know how much help I can be, but I wanna help! And I also want to say something as another king to be! I still don't know how I feel about what Balor said about an Eternal King, but as king I don't want to run away!
Boogeyman holds Cait Sith up, who holds his conductor baton up to everyone's weapons. Everyone is resolved.

Itzamna: It's time to save the princess. How are you all feeling, physically?
Cait Sith: Great, thanks to you! I can go right now!
Arc: Same here. Do we have an idea where the King of Giant's castle is?
Boogeyman nods.
Boogeyman: He's probably in the castle in the only detached area of the scary fairy tale realm. If Balor wants to be with MC forever, that's the most appropriate place for that. The biggest problem would be how far away it is from here...
The fairy paths are unusable, probably because Balor destroyed them.

Itzamna: Then I'll handle that. Nothing is impossible for the Kingmaker Mage.
Itzamna starts drawing something with his staff.
Cait Sith: Wow! Boogeyman, Balor and I come from a world where magic exists, but you seem more like a wizard than anyone...
Itzamna: Hahaha, flattery will get you nowhere. And now it's time to go before anyone changes their mind!

Elsewhere
MC: (wakes up) ...where am I?
MC wakes up chained to a throne.

Balor: You finally woke up grandbaby. You got guts making a king wait.
MC: Where am I and how's everyone else? / Grandpa take these off / Why didn't you just give me a wake-up kiss?
(B) Balor: Gahaha, you've gotten good at getting your grandpa to do things for you. Maybe a naughty kid likes you needs a little punishing?
(C) Balor: Great idea! We were just thinking about doing that. That's the going price for waking up Sleeping Beauties these days!

Balor: Calm down, we're in Never Never Land, land of eternity. Time means nothing here, and I promised I'd explain.
Balor picks MC up, throne and all, then puts them onto his lap still throne and all. And then he starts delicately patting them.
Balor: I've been waiting forever for this time I could just love you without sorrow.
MC: Whatever, explain already / (cuddle into Balor's hands) / (fuss)
(A) Balor: Damn you're impatient. You could've let me enjoy this a bit more.
(B) Balor: HNNNGH! Somebody get a camera and take a picture of this!
Some giants run in, take the picture, then run off.
(C) Balor: Heheh, don't be like that. Am I not laying it on thick enough?

After Balor has had enough cuddling.
Balor: Rejoice! We have matching shackles! Give up and live in this garden world for eternity with your grandpappy.
MC: No
Balor: Hey did you hear about how I'm a tyrant? Ain't no one giving orders to ME. What's so different between here and Tokyo anyway? You're surrounded on three sides in an inescapable prison. I guess the only difference is that time doesn't flow here. That Hephaestus nerd might say it's because our brain processing is just sped up too fast, but whatever. We have forever, good enough! And I'm doing this for you, MC. This is an eternal kingdom for protecting you unlike all those other dipshits who want to toy with you!
MC: Lies! / Don't you mean you're doing this for you? / YOU'RE the dipshit
(C) Balor: Ohh, you got a mouth on you! This is great!

Balor: Curse us, for that wound is a medal of honor for us. We will trample over everything. Is there any wrath or joy greater than this? ...grandson, our wish is to spend eternity with you here. Any food you desire, you may have. You may even invite your friends. I won't like it, but I can even allow you to see them whenever you want.
MC: I can't be here forever. Even if my body won't die, I'll tire out eventually.
Balor: Don't worry, I'll erase your memories when you get that far. A king like me can do anything in this world. Haha, I bet you're going to say that's nothing different from Tokyo. It may look that way, but it's worlds different. You can call this world a handheld electronic game, and people call a redo of that a reset, right? Something like that. I can do that, is the point.
MC: B-but... / There's no reset for this game / ...
(AB) Balor continues while MC has yet to shake their head.
Balor: If you don't like this game, I can always remake it.
(C) Balor: If you don't like this game, I can always remake it.

Balor: Have you ever thought about what it'd be like to have a whole different life? You wanna be the best wizard ever? A young noblewoman? If you wanna be a princess I'll be your butler. Or if you wanna go on adventures I'll go with you. I say the word, and this world will change to do it.
MC: ...
Balor: Like I said, we have all the time in the world. It doesn't bother me if you aren't agreeing at first. (continues cuddling again)
MC: Maybe... / I don't get it... / Stop getting distracted!
Silence passes for a sec.
Balor: There's a war outside. What's so different with this world?
MC: Well if that's true, then I guess living in peace here is...

MC starts thinking about various people they've met, basically the gang and the event cast. New meetings lead to unexpected bonds, and if MC stays then these meetings will never happen again...
MC: ...not happening, Balor / I'm leaving, Grandpa / Screw you, old man!
Balor: ...you're leaving me? You know it'd just hurt you?
A world that doesn't change is a world that has met its end. The world where time does not flow Uchronia has no future.
MC: I don't want to hurt myself, but I am still going back. Now bitch, get out of the way!
Balor: ...geheh, HAHAHA! Fine! If you are choosing to war with us forever, then we shall gladly fight against you!
MC: Balor what is your DEAL?
Balor goes silent, and suddenly a giant dragon Itzamna made breaks in through the window carrying the rest of the party!

Arc: ...sorry to make you wait, we had giants to step over. How's the story coming along, MC?
Itzamna: Balor, it seems our concerns we get in old age are unneeded.
Cait Sith: MC, we came to save you! Did Balor go crazy on you or anything!?
Boogeyman: Balor! Time for you to pay for trampling on my world!
Balor: Oh look, it's the people who don't care about their lives even after I spared them!
Itzamna: Oh you think you've won already? This world's future hasn't been decided yet.
Boogeyman: He's right. You are not invincible, Balor!
MC: You guys!
Arc: We promised, remember? I'd hate to leave things like that.
Cait Sith: Yeah! Wait right there, we'll come get you!
Balor actually seems amused at having the other four surround him.

Balor: HA! You all really are naive! It's true I was wary of MC's sword and Itzamna's goddamn grandpa power, which is why I had cats steal the sword and tried to imprison the old lizard in the lake. It doesn't matter to me that they didn't really work.
Balor's expression grows cold. Pressure intensifies, causing Arc and Cait Sith's breaths to catch. Smoke rises from Balor's left eye.
Balor: Behold our power!
BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment