Sunday, May 29, 2022

Live A Hero Melodic Meteorite Christmas Episode 7 (Abridged)

Flashback
Christmas Eve the year before in Taiyou News's Far East Main Office, Hero News Department
A communal computer brings up a visitor alert.

Narihito: Hello, welcome to Taiyou News! Name and business plea--
Kalaski: S'up Narihito. Got a favor to ask and--
Narihito: Ooh, Kalaski! You came back to Earth? What's up? Hot new scoop!?
Kalaski: I came back for a bit from my stay on Tenteres for an ongoing report on supplies and business. Don't have anything you'd like, sorry. But anyways can you unlock the office for me? My ID card expired.
Narihito: Oh okay, gimme a sec to go to the door.

Later
Kalaski: Thanks Narihito. The guard was an asshole treating me like a kid even after seeing my ID. I'm kicking his ass the next time he does that!
Narihito: Haha, gee I wonder what happened out there. Why didn't you call me ahead of time if you were coming back? I could have gone to pick you up.
Kalaski: (stares) ...remember how last time I called, I asked if you needed a camera man and you dragged me directly to your next interview gig?
Narihito: Uhh, n-nope! Haha, couldn't be me!
Kalaski: Nerdyhito you fight using your memories of how other heroes work you can't pull that one over me. Ugh. Also I know it's rich coming from me, but are you like ever here in the office much?
Narihito: Okay point. Hero scoops await me across the galaxy! 

Kalaski: (frowns) ...are you pushing yourself? You look tired.
Narihito: (mildly surprised) ...you can tell? I can't slip anything past you.
Kalaski: People's emotions come out in subtle ways on their face. I'm just good at spotting those. So...what's up? Did you bomb an interview or something? (reactivates ID through phone)
Narihito: ...nothing like that. I've just been so busy lately that I haven't followed up on things and missed out on an appointment I finally managed to set up because I had to do other stuff... Also I finally got an article written but another agency got their article on the same thing out first. I'm just down because of all the things like that happening. It's not anyone's fault. (sighs)
Narihito: ...being a journalist is fun and important to me, but hero work is just as worth doing. I think you know how it is.
Kalaski: Yeah, I can tell from how you usually are. It's your life's work. If this were last year you'd be yelling about a Christmas hero show, so I thought it was weird you were quiet. Take it easy.

Kalaski turns to leave now that his ID renewal is done, but then Narihito jumps up.
Narihito: WAIT WHAT DAY IS IT!?
Kalaski: W-what? It's Christmas Eve. I figured you'd know at least that much with how good your memo--
Narihito: It doesn't matter how good my memory is if I'm not thinking about it! Can I still make it!?
Kalaski: ...well it's still daytime so I guess. I'm not helping. Gotta get back to work on Tenteres.
Narihito: I-I know! I can handle it on my own! Let's get lunch together sometime the next time you get back! Okay bye! (runs off with his bag and notebook)
Kalaski: Okay coo--oh he's already gone. That much is like him at least.

Outside
Narihito is looking up nearby hero shows and the participating heroes.

Narihito: I can't schedule an interview appointment at this point. It'd be nice if I could get a meeting without an appointment...
Narihito stops at a traffic crossing. He can see families, groups of students, and people on dates talking and having fun.
Narihito: Oh right, it's Christmas Eve. I've been so busy lately I hadn't noticed.
Christmas songs can be heard in the distance, and everyone around looks happy.

Girl: Mommy I want a hero doll for Christmas and I'm gonna ask Santa for it!
Mom: How lovely! Is it from the show you always watch? Which hero do you like?
Girl: Uhh...ooh, ooh, this one Mommy! (points to a display in a toy shop window)
Narihito looks over and sees his tired reflection.

Narihito: ...I remember when I did that too.

Narihito stops and stares at the figurines. He thinks back to how he looked at them all bright-eyed and excited like that little girl is now. He looked at the superhero who protected the city, saved the weak, and promised to always win. The superhero was decked in red and gold super armor, an invention of Doctor X he used to face off against giant enemies.
Narihito: ...kids nowadays like way different shows than I used to watch.
Now that he's grown up, Narihito can see how unrealistic his old show looked, but he still loves it. That one Christmas morning he found that figure in a present by his bed, and he was so happy he ignored the cold to show it off to his family.
Narihito: ...I wonder if I still have that thing? It's probably stored in the closet.
Narihito then walks off again to do his thing, feeling excited.

Title card: As Fast as Stars Fall

Present
It's been a few hours since the Christmas concert started. Night has fallen, and stars are beginning to appear.

MC: Mokdai, there are Micros on the backstage! Borealis, incoming attack! Narihito, go after the one in front!
And so the battle continues.

Borealis: ...an attack that weak cannot interrupt my performance.
Narihito: Ugh, what can I use in this place...!? This one! Legends, lend me your power!
Mokdai: ...okay gottem! Careful everyone, there's more Micros!
Mokdai sounds resolute, but is starting to audibly tire. Everyone is weakening over this battle of attrition.
Mokdai: I wonder if the heroes in the other areas are okay? It's been a while since things started...
orealis: ...Mokdai, you are breaking up the rhythm. Focus on the battle and concert here.

MC is checking status updates while operating the team.
Narihito: Enemies cleared over here! ...this is getting kind of rough! There's really no end to them all! I can't believe the big on is falling while all this is happening...
Just as Narihito wipes off some sweat...
MC: ...Narihito, behind you!
Narihito: wait what
A Micros Narihito took down earlier jumps up and stabs him!

Narihito: OWW THAT'S HOT! I can't believe it's still alive!
Mokdai: A-are you okay!? Don't move, I'll heal you!
Borealis: Narihito, close your eyes and steady your breath. I'll lend you a hand.
Mokdai and Borealis step in between Narihito and the Micros.

Borealis: Now my esteemed audience, listen to the sounds of the brilliance and lives of heroes! Heed the supreme tones! Sonata "Grandioloqua"!

Borealis raises his baton, causing his music drones to bring the music to a climax. The sounds amplified by his Parallel Weapon causes the VP count to surge.
Mokdai: W-whoa, this is Borealis's power! Thank you very much! Okay, I'll help Narihito too!
Mokdai releases the power of his Parallel Weapon and summons a sleigh filled with a mountain of energy presents.
Mokdai: Everyone has the right to be happy on this night, so I'm giving presents to everyone! Festival "Megaton Slider"!
Mokdai scatters the presents into the sky and they all make it to the other heroes fighting wherever they are. One also goes to Narihito and covers him in a gentle light.
Narihito: BURRRNIN--o-oh, wait it's healing!
After looking at his healing stab wound, Narihito slowly looks up to see Mokdai.

Mokdai: Good, it looks like it got to everyone! Now to take care of the Micros...charge!
Mokdai runs the Micros over with his sleigh. Narihito starts projecting someone else over Mokdai, a familiar hero who never gave up and fought with his own hands even if he had no other ways to act.

Narihito: Oh...it's just like the superhero from that one anime...
MC: Narihito are you okay!? / I'm glad it wasn't serious.
MC runs over to Narihito after watching Mokdai run the Micros over.

Narihito: Oh, MC. I'm fine thanks to Mokdai. I guess I was just a little tired from how long the battle's been going on...
Narihito slumps to the ground, but MC pulls them back up.

MC: Yeah, it's hard...but let's keep at it a little longer!
Narihito: I realize this isn't the best time to be talking about this, but...do you think it's possible for me to be a superhero that can solve any problem and save everyone like in cartoons too?
MC: Well that was sudden / You already are / Those are fictional
(B) Narihito: ...thanks. Maybe I was leaning too much on your kindness by asking that way. Sorry.
(C) Narihito: ...right. Well, I know they don't really exist. But still...

Narihito looks over to Borealis and Mokdai doing their things.
Narihito: ...seeing Borealis and Mokdai fighting they way they do makes me feel out of place here. Parallel Weapons are a reflection of your wish, and I'm sure it's a manifestation of your dreams to fight against reality.
Narihito takes a step back towards the fighting again.

Narihito: ...my power is borrowed power, nothing more than a recreation of other legends. I know I look strong in front of a camera, but I know myself best. I can't do anything on my own. I'm just a coward who deflects people's attention away from that with what I borrowed from legends. Maybe big things like lives, the city, and the future are getting a little heavy for me...
Narihito looks down and MC fails to come up with anything to say. But then their phone beeps.

MC: ...what's this popup message?

Message A: Hang in there you guys! I'm watching you!
Message B: Mighty Knuckle, Great Memorias! You guys are the MVPs today!
Narihito: !
Message C: This is my first time watching a hero show and it's so exciting! Please win!
Message D: Great Memorias are you okay!? Don't give up!
Message E: OMG SO COOL
MC: W-whoa...
More messages stream in with the cheers of the audience. MC sends them to be played on the big screen.

Narihito: T-there's this many people watching us!?
The number of messages shine on the concert and battle stage, and the cheering voices reach Mokdai and Borealis too.
Mokdai: W-wow, thanks everyone! I'll do my best!
Borealis: ...what a wonderful harmony. It's surprising how such intricate sounds can become so beautiful!
MC: Whoa, look at these View counts on the main and secondary channels!

MC quickly checks the VP counter on their phone, and that count is rising like crazy. Borealis's Parallel Weapon starts glowing white with the VP charge.
Borealis: ...t-this is...! My baton is shining! I can hear it! A great flood of sounds! Are all these cheers playing a song...!? MC, Mokdai, Narihito! Can you hear it too!? This is their sounds that I hear!
Borealis waves his baton, and the rest of the party can hear the sounds go right through their hearts.

Narihito: W-wow, what!? I-I'm getting tears in my eyes...!
Mokdai: I-I can hear them...!
Borealis redirects and spreads the intense emotional sounds, and inexpressible wishes join with the music he plays.
Narihito: ...
A little girl's face comes to Narihito's mind, desperately cheering on the superheroes. He had the same feelings she did towards the superheroes he admired at her age.

Narihito: ...MC.
Narihito looks up, all the worries in his eyes gone now.

Narihito: ...I'm all grown up now, and I know cartoon superheroes don't exist. But right now, I want to be that kind of superhero, even if they're fictional! I'm going to BE that hero!
Beep beep
Narihito: I have to protect this city's happiness! I can't believe I almost lost sight of that! I can go facing the legends like this! I am a HERO!
MC: Narihito, you pushed past your worries!
Narihito: Yep! Thanks to all those messages!
Narihito looks over at Borealis. Borealis closes his eyes and flows with his music playing, then opens his eyes to look at Narihito.

Borealis: ...nice sound, Narihito. It's crystal clear. Is that how you truly sound like? My melody is harmonizing with your sound. You can do it now.
Borealis hasn't actually spoken aloud. The notes he's playing are conveying his thoughts.

More Micros crash into the stage, announcing that the bigger Monster will be here soon.
Narihito: Borealis, I understand! Leave it to me, I'll give it my all! MC, can you send me some VP!? Any legend can cut through this situation. I want to try doing so with my own power!
MC: Okay! Here we go!
Beep beep!

Phone: New Path detected. Subject: Narihito. Connectivity: Very High
MC: I hear your new wish!
MC connects the new path, and Narihito starts shining as light gathers into him.

Narihito: I'm gonna follow up on all the memories of the legends I can recreate now! "A believing heart will protect the future! I'm gonna be a super hero!"

Narihito steps forward in a new suit of red and gold when the light fades, looking just like a shooting star cartoon super hero.
Narihito: ...wait what!? Oh wait, did I get a new power like Mokdai just did!? Oh my god, wow! MC, promise me you'll do an interview with me later!
Mokdai runs over after destroying some Micros.

Mokdai: Narihi--Narihito you got a new suit too!? It's so cool! Can I touch it? Hey, isn't this...!?
Narihito: Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the super hero I once saw in my dreams following my memories. If this is that suit Doctor X invented then...I was right, my right arm can turn into a cannon!
Mokdai: Oh my god that's so cool!
Borealis: Impressive. With that power, you should...hmm?
Borealis hears a discordant sound and frowns as he looks up. Then Hisaki calls in.

Hisaki: MC, can you hear me!? I'll get to the point! Giant meteor type Monster incoming in five minutes! We figured out its landing point, which is where the Pseudo Parallel Weapon is! If we don't change its trajectory somehow it'll destroy the cannon before we can destroy Megas! Do something!
The R&D heroes are going crazy behind Hisaki trying to do something. Narihito can hear the call and takes a step forward.
Narihito: I'll go! Actually, let me go! I have a chance at winning this!
MC: What? You have an idea!?
Narihito: I can't explain in detail, but I'll definitely--no, I WILL destroy that Monster! Mokdai, Borealis! I'll need your help for that! Mokdai, can I borrow your sleigh Parallel Weapon's power? I want to get close to the cannon's firing hatch! Can it do that?
Mokdai: I-it can, but it's dangerous going that high, ri...no wait, okay I believe in you! If you say you can do it, I'll help however I can!
Narihito: Thank you, Mighty Knuckle! I believe in you too! MC, I want you to send me as much of the VP Borealis got us until I get to the highest I can go! Then leave it to me!
Narihito looks up into the sky with all the falling stars.

Narihito: That's the plan! Hisaki, we'll handle the big Monster! You handle Megas, please!
Hisaki: ...okay. Three minutes incoming! Careful out there!
Narihito: Okay, let's do this Mokdai, MC!
Mokdai: Roger! Ready!
Mokdai summons his sleigh, and Narihito sits up front.

Narihito: Yeah...oh, Borealis! If you don't mind me asking for a favor, I'd love a battle song here!
Borealis: Heh, very well. Have one to boil your blood!
Borealis shifts the song tempo to be more passionate and stirring.

Narihito: ...yep, we so got this. MC, please keep your eyes on me!
MC nods.
Mokdai: Time to fly...3! 2! 1! Take off!

Mokdai's sleigh blasts off, soaring quickly up to the cannon's mouth. Narihito hangs on, and the presents sitting in the sleigh fall over and turn into light that covers him.
Narihito: I WILL save this city. I am a hero, and everyone is waiting for me. That's good enough for a reason.
The sleigh flies past the cannon, and Narihito jumps further up into the sky.

MC: NOW!
MC sends in tons of VP the moment the sleigh goes out of sight.

Narihito: Change! Buster Mode, deployed!
Narihito charges the VP into his right hand cannon, charging a ball that gets larger and larger like the Pseudo Parallel Weapon did. Then...
Narihito: It'll all work out! Sacred power, save the world! Holy Cannon!
Narihito fires a beam of light into the sky that blasts into the giant incoming Monster. The Monster releases high heat into the surrounding area as it continues falling.
Narihito: G-gahh! M-my arm!
Narihito continues firing even while tanking attacks from Micros and the big Monster fragment, causing lights to shine in the sky.

Narihito I-I can't lose here! I'm gonna save the city with everyone's power!!

Narihito fires his charged shot at the big Monster.
Narihito: Yes! I can clear a path like this!
Narihito uses up all the VP sent to him and closes his eyes. In his mind, he sees that little girl smiling at the superhero figurine.
MC: The meteorite Monster's trajectory has changed! Narihito did it!
Mokdai: Oh no he's falling!
Mokdai calls his sleigh and flies to where Narihito is falling and uses his present bag Parallel Weapon as a cushion.
Narihito: OOF! Wow I never thought a bunch of presents would catch me like this. But I'm getting healed!
Mokdai: S-sorry this was all I could think of! But I'm glad you're okay...!! And thanks to you we won't be taking a direct hit!

Mokdai brings Narihito back to the stage for everyone to regroup. And then the meteorite Monster drops into the audience seating area.
Borealis: ...so I want to say you two did good, but that seems premature.
Narihito: ...agreed. I doubt the Monster there is gonna sit quietly and enjoy the show.
The Monster starts floating over.
Mokdai: ...is anyone else seeing it coming this way!?
Borealis: Look closer. It's actually going toward... (looks at the cannon's gun battery)
Borealis: Huh...did it instinctually perceive a threat towards Megas?
Mokdai: Do they even have instincts!?
Narihito: Whatever, we can't let it get to the cannon! MC, how's our VP collection progress!?
MC looks at their phone.
MC: We're almost there!

Mokdai: ...so we need to hold off the Monster until the second shot is ready!
Borealis: Yes, and we need to prevent it from destroying the cannon. And we still need that last bit of VP to gather.
Mokdai and Borealis take battle stances.

Mokdai: ...it's a big boy, but...I'm gonna save Christmas's peace time and give everyone the gift of victory!
Borealis: Any rude guests that stand up in the middle of my concert must leave immediately. This is a perfect development for the climax of the performance!
MC: Time to hold the line! Operation ready!
The rest of the party nods. Narihito takes a step forward to glare at the Monster.

Narihito: I won't stand for any creeps messing up Christmas! I'll protect everyone and the city with a super hero's power!
BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment