Thursday, May 19, 2022

Valentine Fantasy Episode 5 Part 2 (Abridged)

The faith that implements eternal youth in fairyland pushes all inconveniences to someone else. Damage and old age are passed on to others, just like how the discipline and fear in children are forced into Boogeyman's faith. It isn't just fairies who force unfairness, as the humans who created this faith do so as well. Tir na Nog is a world where everyone pushes their difficulties on one another, no exceptions.
Balor (narrating): Hey grandbaby, what do you think of all that? What do you think of me, king of fairyland? Do you think I'm a swell old guy who carries everyone's unwanted burdens? Really? HA! You don't know what it means to be king at all! But I can't expect you to know that as a grandson who only sometimes comes by to hear his grandfather's war stories. In that world, the king is the craftiest and greediest person of all, pushing fear and unfairness onto everyone else.

Flashback
Balor: So what'd you come to bother me with that you found so interesting?
Tezcatlipoca: You're no fun. But anyways I was at the Crafters and saw Hephaestus and my brother doing something fascinating. (talks about how Itzamna was making a virtual world with the Crafters) Also that virtual world is based on Tir na Nog.
Balor: So? Where's the goddamn interesting part already? All I hear is crazy in trying to make another shitty fairyland.
Tezcatlipoca: Stop rushing me. Anyways, they're making a new, virtual fairyland.
Balor: My question still stands.
Tezcatlipoca: Well open your ears and listen to Senor Tezcatlipoca's lecture! They're using technology from other worlds, especially Utopia's for time compression, otherwise known as time travel! I hear there's no worries about Sorceresses in goth makeup and silly accents but I don't quite understand what they mean. But anyways, they made it possible to create a virtual world that Tokyo tech alone couldn't achieve. Fully immersive for the senses and neural network and unbound by physical time that accelerates brain signal processing. In simpler terms, a world where physical aging is no longer a thing while you're there. It's better than your world, as even kings can escape old age! A perfect Never Neverland!

Balor: Isn't that the setting of that stupid story of the child kidnapper Peter Pan?
Tezcatlipoca: Wow I didn't know you were aware of that. Did you learn it so you could read it to your grandchild?
Balor: The original text said there was a price to pay for eternal youth. It's that, isn't it Tezcatlipoca?
Tezcatlipoca: (smirks) It's both Tir na Nog and not. There's a price related to the Utopia tech, which is why I thought you'd be interested. So what do you think!? Hahaha!
Balor: Okay, I'm interested. Tell me more.

Later in the flashback at Kamata
Hephaestus: I-I didn't think it'd work this well, honest. Creators are awesome. You're cool Itzamna...
Itzamna: No, I was thinking the same thing. Your craft skills are wonderful. Have some confidence.
Hephaestus: Hehe, thanks. I'll get a ride for you, so wait a sec.
Itzamna: It is winter, so oka--
Suddenly a prison bus rides in. Neither recognizes it, and then the passengers pop out.

Tezcatlipoca: Hello again, Brother and Hephaestus.
Balor: Oh, so that's who you two are?
Itzamna: Tezcatlipoca what are you doing? Who is that?
Tezcatlipoca: Oh this business isn't actually mine, but my friend's. We have a little something to talk about regarding our BRRRROTHER and your mother.
Balor: MAIN PLOT BEAAAAM
Itzamna: ...oh. MC really does have Quetzalcoatl inside of them. I can't believe that's what the future has in store for them.
Balor: Tezcatlipoca's told me a lot about you, old man. You think of MC as a cute grandkid too, right?
Itzamna: ...Quetzalcoatl is not my grandson. Generations do not last long enough in El Dorado to alternate. I suppose it's hard for otherworlders to understand that we are brothers. But they are similar to that for me.
Balor: They can't be saved here in Tokyo. You know what I'm getting at, right?
Itzamna: You want to use the Tir na Nog that isn't Tir na Nog we created, don't you?

Itzamna closes his eyes and thinks back to El Dorado. He gave wisdom to many and taught plenty of children. But still, everyone sacrificed themselves partway through. Everyone was taken in by El Dorado's ideal, and nobody questioned choice this no matter how much Itzamna tried to argue against it.
Itzamna (narrating): My brother Quetzalcoatl. I am tired. I just wanted to give the children a choice and know they could do otherwise. I wanted them to know that at least, but it never came true. I am tired of being called the Forest Sage... Why did my wish never reach them? Were my teachings a waste?
Itzamna opens up about his weakness he normally never would to Quetzalcoatl.

Itzamna (narrating): Those who approved of me diminished by the day. Perhaps this is the right time. Perhaps it is impossible to go against the flow of the world.
Itzamna doesn't remember if Quetzalcoatl approved or disapproved of them. He does remember that he was more of a take action type of guy, so...
Itzamna (narrating): ...I should have realized. I'm sorry...forgive my display of weakness.
Soon after Quetzalcoatl disappeared from El Dorado...
Itzamna (narrating): Quetzalcoatl, after I heard from Tezcatlipoca about what you said before you disappeared... it'd be impossible for me to not think I was the one who put that idea in your head! Was it I who took away your choice? Is it my fault you are continually exposed to the unfairness of the world? How do I make it up to you? Should I die!? But in retrospect, I suppose I was still trapped by El Dorado's Sacrificial Faith...

Later in flashback
Itzamna: And that's why I helped you, Balor. I did it to save MC. But you promised you wouldn't involve anyone besides us!
Balor: They're needed to stabilize this world with our fear. I'll admit I tricked you, but you've been breaking promises too. You hid that that there was a way out from us. You got balls to trick us, but a grandpa's gotta have stones, hahaha! Our goals was supposed to be the same where I'd free them from the binds of the changeling and you'd save them from being a constant sacrifice...but you want to give them a choice, don't you?
Balor: ...yes. I do indeed want Quetzalcoatl to escape the fate of being a continual sacrifice to the world, but after learning from many others here I started thinking like this. A choice isn't something I force, but something they select that I want to respect.
Balor: ...heh, fine. I'll meet you halfway. But don't you put any funny ideas into MC's head. 

Present
Balor: Surprise!
MC: oh no why / what? / I knew it!
Balor: Playing the doting grandfather was great! Hahaha! Anyways, I'll fill you in later. For now, say good night!
MC: Stop! / In that case...! / (readies sword)
Balor: Gehaha, you can't win against a king the way you are now.
Suddenly MC's sword is stolen by cats!
MC: WHAT WHY
Cait Sith: I-it wasn't me! Give it back!
The cats ignore Cait Sith and run off with the sword.

Balor: Guhaha, it's not like the land of cats is a monolith. There's plenty of them who adore kings and would want you to stay here as a king for eternity. A kind king should hear them out, right? Wanna switch sides?
Cait Sith: Uh...w-well I'm glad you guys say so but...
Boogeyman: Don't waver now! Focus!
Balor: Hey Boogeyman, I bet you know! You guys could never match a king even if you worked togeth--
Boogeyman: Shut up and wander in the throes of terror! Fear the Darkness!
It was not very effective...
Boogeyman: No!
Balor: Hey, these giants you just hit aren't like the NPCs you made. They're my elites I brought from outside with the memories of terrible battles! What could your fear do to them? And don't forget this is a fairy tale world. The stories may say you can win against wolves and thieves if you work together, but no fairy tale that says a king gets beaten exists!

The giants surround Boogeyman and Cait Sith. The two of them urge Arc and MC to run with their eyes.
Arc: MC, we should run since it's probably true he's after you. My artifact is telling me it can't go against a king here.
Those are the memories of a saint turned into a fictional witch by will of a king in the past.

MC: But what about them!?
Arc: (grabs MC's hand and tries to lead them away) You don't have your sword. You'd just get caught if you stayed.
MC: But I don't think Balor will hurt me, so if everyone else runs away...
Arc: ...I know he said he wanted to free you from the binds of the changeling, so I also thought he wants to protect you. But I still get the feeling we're missing something, like him declaring that he's a king before he's anything else.

The giants block the way!
Arc: ...MC, I have something I want to tell you if we get back to Tokyo. So I'm not giving up until then. Go! I'll catch up later!
MC: ...okay, I will. Please, stay safe. (runs off)
MC runs off as fast as they can, never looking back. But a king is absolute, to harsh, cruel lengths.

Balor: ...haha, did you think you could run from us?
MC: Balor! / No... / Grandpa, could you let me go?
(C) Balor: I'd do anything for my grandson, but unfortunately...we're a king right now. We can grant some other wish if you have one. Think on it after we lock you up in prison.

Balor: We are craftier and greedier than the fairy masses...therefore we are the king of fairy land. None is more terrifying than a king, and we stand above all fears! You're really cute, grandbaby, but there are bigger things we want. Lugh, the next king! We shall now replace your destiny!
Just as Tezcatlipoca madly loved the faith of El Dorado and the System of Sacrifice and personified them, so too does Balor madly loves Tir na Nog's faith and the Changeling System of Substitution and personifies it.
MC: Stay away from me! / I'll never give up! / Balor, your goal is--
Balor: There's that liveliness we love! Or wanna kill, either or! GAHAHA! (Giant Punch!)
MC: UGH... / Gran...pa... / dammit old man...
And so MC passes out.
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment