Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Valentine Fantasy Episode 6 Part 2 (Abridged)

Arc: Fire Bullet! La Grondement du Haine!
Balor brushed the fire and chains aside! It was not very effective...

Balor: Not a bad artifact you've got. But no one wins against the king here!
Arc: I really do have a role conceptual disadvantage against kings. But still!
While Arc has drawn Balor's attention, Boogeyman runs in to free MC.

MC: Sensei! / Grab this! / Oh no, save me~!
Boogeyman ignores the shackles and presses his hatchet against MC's neck!

MC: wait WHAT
Boogeyman: Surrender Balor, or your little grandson gets it!
Balor: GWAHAHAHA! Is this your payback for me taking children hostage? Don't make me laugh, I know you won't d--!!
Boogeyman swings! MC is dead!

Balor: Ha, too bad! You had a good line there.
It was all an illusion with Boogeyman's power!

Balor: If the King of Fear feels greater fear than what they cause, they lose their spot. But how many times do you think I've died? You think that scares me now!?
Arc: But we still only need you to look away for a second! Bind, Chains of Sin! (binds Balor's feet)
Itzamna: Good job you two! Creator of the Sun and the People, fire!
Itzamna launches the greatest creation he can make, that being El Dorado's sun. It isn't at its full strength, but he figures it should still do something.
Cait Sith: Did you do it!? Maybe you overdid it...
Cait Sith breaks MC out of their shackles.

MC: Thanks! / Wait when did that happen!?
Cait Sith: I hate to admit it, but I'd have gotten in the way if I joined in on the attack. So instead I did what I could! Here you go!
Some cats bring back MC's sword.

Cait Sith: I had them search the castle. Sorry for my people...
MC: It's okay / I can fight now! / (pet)

Suddenly an explosion blows Arc and Boogeyman away! Balor is standing, Arc and Boogeyman are badly damaged and could go down at any time.
MC: Balor!
Balor: Well DAMN you old lizard. You might've actually got me if you didn't hold back so you wouldn't blast your friends with me too. War is awesome! Fighting warriors who don't fear death is awesome! By order of the king we decree that MC will be saved from that shithole cycle, which is why we came here.
Arc: I see...so that's how you really feel?
Balor: What?
Itzamna: ...yes, Balor. I finally understand where that one scar you've hidden is now. I was never able to figure out your motives, whether you wanted to live with your grandchild forever or fight them forever. But you don't care which one it is as long as it was what your grandchild chose, right? You are a warrior, so you do not fear getting hurt. You even enjoy it. If you live as a warrior, you can enjoy killing and being killed...if you chose to be one yourself. What you really fear is the idea you've taken away your grandchild's choice!

Balor: ...
Itzamna: If they were forced to fight you for eternity by external forces, made to pull out the Sword of Selection rather than pulling it out of their own volition, then the pride and joy you'd feel in a world you'd fight them would become a farce.
Balor: ...ridiculous.
Arc: You just wanted to give MC a choice, right?
Balor turns away against his own will.

Balor: None of you are even holding onto your weapons that hard and you're flapping your gums at me? Move!
Cait Sith: N-no...I'm still here! I won't let you--
SMACK
Balor: Move!
MC: ...Balor / ...Grandpa / ...you ass.
Balor glares back at MC.

Balor: Grandchild, you are a warrior! You were supposed to succeed me as king!
MC: He's shaking...? / This is--!

Itzamna: Regrets that one shouldn't have given up earlier is a fact of life, brother. But my having those regrets in our home world is why I left that place and came here. Everything is connected, so you shouldn't give up no matter what either.
MC: Right, I can't give up!
MC thinks hard of a way to reaching out to Balor via words.
Quick flashback

Balor: If the King of Fear gets scared, they lose their spot! But I've seen death so many times now!
End flashback
MC: In that case...it's a long shot, but Boogeyman, please try it again!
Boogeyman: Right. I see your fear, King Balor! Noble Phantasm activate!

Balor: !?
In the far reaches of Tir na Nog is a boy who's father was killed by his tyrannical grandfather. Those around him tell him he must strike down his father's foe.
Balor: Stop...
The boy's name is Lugh, child of Cyan. The adults made the boy take up the holy sword and pushed him forward. He did not choose to die like a warrior; he was made to choose to live like a warrior. There is nothing to be proud of here. There is only a dirty rotten cycle of repetition.
Balor: Stop!
Balor shouts that if he's fighting his grandson, it has to be because his grandson choose to be a warrior of his own volition. What pride is there otherwise? Dancing to his fate's beats would be mere clownery. This is no memory. It is a what-if fear that spreads through Balor.

Balor: NOOOOOO

Balor shows shock for the first time, fear for the first time. He flails and breaks a palace pillar as if he's lost himself.
Arc, Itzamna, Cait Sith: NOW!
Chains, plants, and cats all come to bind Balor's arms and legs.

MC: Noble Phantasm activate! (SLASH)
Balor: ...
MC: ...d-did I cut him? He's not reacting to...ahh!
The ceiling and pillar pieces start falling. A giant piece starts falling on MC, with no time for them to get away.
MC: OH NO

Balor desperately pulls MC away and shields them from above.
Balor: Damn you were reckless and didn't think far enough ahead. Damn brat...haha.
MC: ...haha / I thought I was gonna die! / (press cheek against Balor's chest)
Balor: (frowns and hugs MC)
Balor: ...answer me one thing. Did you really hate the eternity together with me I was pushing on you that much?
The tyrant who forced all manner of unfairnesses on others now asks his question as a simple grandfather.
MC: No, but... / Yes, because...
MC: I'm your grandson / I am myself / (smile and say nothing)
Balor continues hugging MC in silence for a while, and the rest of the party gathers over.

Itzamna: ...the young living their early days are always looking at the outside world. Don't you think that's wonderful, Balor?
Cait Sith: Balor...
Itzamna seems to be asking an implied "isn't that what you really want?"

Arc: ...
Boogeyman: ...
Everyone knows how strongly Balor feels about MC. Arc and Boogeyman just watch silently.

Balor: ...tch. I lost, MC.
Boogeyman and Itzamna smile in relief. Arc and Cait Sith hi-five.

MC: Thanks for going down. / HAHA I win! Eat it, gramps!
Balor: ...you got balls you ass of a grandson.
MC pulls out of Balor's arms and faces the rest of the party.

MC: Thanks, Boogeyman-sensei. / And guys? / Thanks to all of you!
(A) Boogeyman: Yeah. I'm glad we're ending on a happy note.

Arc hugs MC.
Arc: MC! I'm so glad you're okay!
Itzamna and Cait Sith go sit by Balor, who is lying face up.

Cait Sith: Balor, why didn't you use your Mystic Eye? If it's as strong as people say it'd have been way easier for you.
Balor: Because I couldn't. I can't open it on my own.
Itzamna: Haha, you are a terrible liar. You could've gotten your minions to do that. Or gotten around it in some other way since you were the world's manager.
Balor: Dammit you old lizard, is Boogeyman's influence making you more spiteful? Oh wait, is it Tezcatlipoca's influence instead?
Itzamna: Well Tezcatlipoca is my brother and Boogeyman is a long time acquaintance.
Balor turns away from Itzamna.
Balor: ...bastard confusing me and everything. Whatever, even tyrants can set gossipy antics aside...no one is permitted to defy the king's orders, so no one is permitted to defy our pride.
Itzamna: Haha, you can be so difficult. Getting older means you get more things you can't throw away.
Balor: ...heh. You think I'd get rid of this? But it's not a bad thing if it means I lose.

Balor accepting his defeat as the King of Fear causes the miniature world to change.
Arc: MC, look outside!
Cait Sith: Wow, we really did it!
Itzamna: Do you see the scenery, Quetzalcoatl? The place I always saw in my dreams is here in this place far away from our home world...
Boogeyman: (starts fading)
MC: Wait WHAT
Boogeyman: Oh...it's almost time to say goodbye. (light particles fly off of Boogeyman)
MC: Nooo! (cries)
Balor: ...
Boogeyman: Yeah I was thinking I finally had another person to talk to at school. Sorry I can't see you again in Tokyo. (hugs MC and gives a few back pats)

Boogeyman: Cait Sith, thanks for teaching me a magic trick. I'll treasure those children's smiles.
Cait Sith: Nooo! I still have so much to teach you, so let's go back together!
Cait Sith sheds big tears, and Boogeyman gently pets him.

Boogeyman: Arc, you're a kind kid and I like that. Have some confidence. You're better than you think you are.
Arc: I will...! Thank you...very much...!
Arc and Boogeyman hug. Boogeyman then smiles at Itzamna.

Boogeyman: Now my friend...
Itzamna: ...couldn't you actually call me by name now of all times, you fool!?
Boogeyman: ...Itzamna, I have a lot of things I want to say, but I'll settle for one. Thank you for everything! The days we spent together were the greatest!
Itzamna: I think so too...thank you Boogeyman!

Boogeyman and Itzamna hug hard. Then Boogeyman turns towards Balor. There's no anger in his face at all.
Balor: ...Boogeyman, fairy of the swamps.
Boogeyman looks Balor in the eye, then hugs him like everyone else.

Boogeyman: King Balor, it is thanks to you that I've received priceless treasures in the end. Thank you, and be good with MC.
Balor: Is that how you leave scars? You really ARE a fairy from Tir na Nog. Little bitch.
Balor grabs Boogeyman's arm and makes him cut his neck with his hatchet.

Balor: Take the King of Giants' head with you. You've earned that right. You may have changed how you lived your life, but it'd be fine to go out as a giant-killing hero.
If he did, maybe he could live on with a new role even after losing the terror fairy's faith. But...

Boogeyman: You honor me with your offer, but I will only accept your thoughts gracefully. I don't think I can live long having fate forced onto me now...right? (compares Balor and MC's faces)
Boogeyman: ...it's time. A happy end for a lonely fairy tale of horror. I'm glad I met you all!
Tears start falling from Boogeyman's eyes. The party looks sad.

Boogeyman: ...I wish I could have gone somewhere with you guys. I bet hanging out somewhere in Tokyo with you all would've been great! I should've talked with you guys more! ...dammit, I really do want to live lon--
To be continued in the epilogue!

No comments:

Post a Comment