Thursday, April 28, 2022

Live A Hero Melodic Meteorite Christmas Episode 2 (Abridged)

A wild gang of thugs appeared!
Thug A: You bitches got guts trying to pick up a date in a dark alley! Who said you could flirt here!?
MC: wait what / W-we're not flirting! / I literally just met him
---
(A) Red Thug: I heard what you two were whispering about! You, big guy!
(B) Red: Don't give me that, I see how close you two are! You, big guy!
(C) Red: Yeah I saw! Don't give me that cliché! You, big guy!
---
Red: You got some nerve laying the moves out on our turf! Who cares if it's Christmas!? Not like I have a date or anything!
Blue: Boss, look at how fancy that polar bear's suit is!
Red: Damn that's sharp! If you're here picking people up, pay me!
Borealis: ...MC, do you know these ruffians?
MC: Not really / ...nope / Aren't they your friends?
(C) Borealis: ...I have standards. None of my friends curse within five seconds of running into them.

Blue: B-boss! Look! There's an Operator next to that polar bear!
Green: Yeah, I saw them in the last Hero Fest! Congrats on your win!
Red: WHAT
Red stares at MC, then reacts in shock.
Red: ...they must be rich then! Pay up!
MC: NO
Borealis: ...these people are such bores. Let's go somewhere else, MC.
Borealis steps forward to address the gangsters.
Borealis: ...but first I want to ask you something. My name is Borealis. Do you know who I am?
Red: Who cares about some pickup artist?

Borealis's eyebrow twitches, then he sighs.
Borealis: I see. I planned on being fairly well known in this galaxy, but it can't be helped. My conducting can move people, stimulate economies, and change the flow the world moves at. Know what kind of conductor I am. I'm uninterested in people like you, but that doesn't change the fact that you are a source of VP as a general citizen.
Borealis turns to leave, but suddenly a light flares up.
MC: ...this light! Are they villains!?
Red: Yo dude, did you think I was just some random schmoe? I was gonna let you go if you gave me your money, but I changed my mind. Kiss my ass with that big talk, Romeo! Boys, you change too! Let's beat them up and go out for BBQ with their cash!
Blue: wait what
Green: but the polar bear guy seems tough! And the Operator won the last Hero Fest!
Red: So change already! What good's an Operator without any heroes around!?
Blue: oh right. Transform!

MC: Uhh...what do we do, Borealis?
Borealis: ...what a bother. May I borrow your power, MC?
Borealis is unfazed by the approaching thugs as he looks to MC.
Borealis: I didn't say it before, but I also have a hero's power...not that I belong to an agency right now. I should be enough to handle foes of their level. Will you form a temporary contract with me?
MC: Wait...you're a villain too!?
Red: You guys done talking yet!?
MC: WELP. Borealis, the contract!

Borealis nods and sends the contract to MC's phone. MC confirms it in a hurry, which causes light to cover Borealis.
Red: What!?
Borealis points his baton Parallel Weapon at Red.
Borealis: ...silence, you. This place is now under my jurisdiction, you gauche noisemakers. MC, I will take command and carve a rhythm. You harmonize and play with me.
MC: what? / I'll handle the operation! / Can we finish this before the last train leaves?
Borealis nods and looks back at the thugs. He seemed to smile for a second.
Red: Bring it bitch, we have the numbers!
Borealis: Your sounds grates on my ears, but I will sublimate it into the finest music. I'll engrave the barest amount of taste you need to listen to my work into your ears!
BATTLE START (more happens after that)

Red: OW what the hell man!?
Borealis operates his instrument-shaped attack drones like it's a performance. One move of his fingers, and the drones move around to fire sonic waves. No external wounds are seen, but the thugs are showing mental damage.
Borealis: The sounds of your mind is wavering. You cannot win against me with the power you possess.
Blue: B-boss! Let's stop!
Red: But how am I supposed to look cool if I turn tail and run away!?
Green: You don't have to look cool! You weren't that cool to begin with!
Red: WHAT
Blue: We gotta go! Knowing when to run's like the better part of valor! And we bought a cake for you, even if it's not that fancy!
Red: ...I'll get you guys for this! Waaah!
The gang runs off.
MC: What just happened? / Merry Christmas! / I should report them to the police.
(B) A faint "shut up!" answers back from where the gang ran off to.

Now that things have calmed down, Borealis reverts out of hero mode.
Borealis: That was a good operation, MC. Still, you're mysterious. That was the first time you've taken my instructions yet you played so well. It's been a long time since it's felt this pleasant, so I must thank you. It brings back memories.
MC: ...memories, huh? / Thank YOU actually.
Borealis: ...this feels like talking to a very close friend. Your tone is truly strange. (thinks to himself)
MC: Hey, why are you in Orient City? Wouldn't a famous villain get caught?
Borealis: ...oh, right. I thought I'd invite certain guests to my next concert here. It's true I'm not with any agency, but I doubt anyone could easily make a move on me. I have a rather broad audience after all. No VIP would be so foolish as to tie a noose around their necks over going to a secret invitation. 

Borealis: ...I should express my gratitude for you for this interesting meeting, but I unfortunately do not have anything to give you... Oh wait, I have this.
Borealis takes out a ticket and a pen out of his pocket and writes something onto it before giving the ticket to MC.
Borealis: Take it. You won't be able to use it right away, but come attend my concert.
MC: Huh? Is that okay? I've never been to a concert before...
Going to somewhere a villain has invited them seems awkward.
Borealis: ...I wrote the coordinates of where my spaceship is staying on the ticket. I'd like for you to come, but it's fine if you aren't interested. It's been a noisy day, but I would like to talk to you again. Please, listen to my music. (nods and walks off)
MC: ...hmm.
The ticket is totally a VIP ticket. Borealis even signed it. MC puts it away and sighs, then runs off.

MC: I'M GONNA MISS THE TRAIN! / tireeed / I want teleport powers

Title card: March of Powdered Snow
The next day in UEHA Japan's commander office, reports of the meteorite investigation are coming in.
Okitaka: Howdy y'all, UEHA Japan's Commander and idol of the people Takadono Okitaka! ...haha I'm kidding about being everyone's idol. I'm just yours okay?
Okitaka is talking to someone in Japan's government and Defense Department.

Okitaka: Aww, don't be like that. We're friends, aren't we? But anyways, the report. We can just shoot the meteorite down like we always have, right? I thought it was weird of you guys to call us, but we're pros. Relax, y'a--what? A Monster? You saying that whole meteor is one?
Okitaka: ...no, that tracks. Physical interactions don't work on them. You're a hero too, so you know that lasers and missiles don't work. Space UN's army and weapons won't cut it, which means we need something that WILL work on the Monster. How's the investigation team? Oh, they're fine? Okay, so far so good.
Okitaka waits for the other person to explain the situation and talk about what comes next. While he does that, he concentrates by moving a shogi piece.
Okitaka: ...I see. So Space UN is forming an emergency countermeasure group and gathering heroes and engineers in the neighborhood there? Got it, I ain't the Commander for nuthin'! This is short notice so we may need to fortify things, but it'll be fun. So where's the meteor supposed to land...?

Several hours later, Huckle and Crowne are called to an underground meeting room somewhere in Orient City.
Crowne: Huckle, what's going on? I thought you were gonna treat me to some good booze when you asked me to come with you no questions asked, but I don't see any snacks here.
Huckle: Sorry, I don't know either... Okitaka called us here for some urgent business and said he'd explain himself. I'm glad you weren't busy though. I figured your workshop must be busy.
Crowne: Well it's a job I like, so I'm not gonna complain. It's the busy time of the year. But anyways if the leader of UEHA Japan is calling us, then this probably isn't gonna be straightforward...
Crowne looks around to see others have already arrived. Nobody seems to have any more of an idea as to what's happening.
Crowne: ...and I see a lot of familiar faces here. Some of them I've seen in science magazines.
Huckle: They look like heroes and engineers. Some of them have A Rank licences too. I wonder why Okitaka brought us all here?

Hisaki walks in.
Hisaki: Oh good this seems to be the right place. Oh, Sis! (hurries over)
Crowne: You too, Hisaki? Well I guess that makes sense with everyone else here.
Huckle: Hello Hisaki. I don't think I've seen you since the Hero Fest.
Hisaki: Hello, Huckle! I heard a lot of things, but I'm glad you seem alright. I was worried about being summoned all of a sudden, but I'm glad you're here Sis! (sits in the row in front of them and turns back to continue talking)
Hisaki: The bosses at Laborer's Site directly asked me to go here and said I'd get details here. I'm not seeing any of that right now though.
Crowne: Same. It was UEHA who...oh wait it's starting.

Okitaka walks in.
Okitaka: Glad y'all could make it, this is great! I'm sure you guys are busy, so let's get to it. I should introduce myself, even though I know most of you personally. Anyways, I'm UEHA Japan's commander in chief Takadono Okitaka. Nice to meet you. Now down to business.
Okitaka: Today the Japanese government and Defense Department filed a formal job request to us and invited y'all here about that meteor on the news the other day. We discovered it's one giant Monster and it's coming to Earth at approximately 12km/sec.
The audience is shocked and appalled at the news. Okitaka claps to get everyone to settle down.
Okitaka: ...I know how you feel, but let me explain some more before you ask questions. Our mission is to subjugate this giant Monster, and as I've said the Defense Department is already working on it. This plan involves the cooperation of every hero agency, country, and planet. But no matter how many armies we muster, regular weapons won't work, which is where y'all come in.

Okitaka: High ranking heroes and leading engineers who represent Japan, I ask y'all to join forces with us to solve this crisis and figure a way out to stop that Monster. If you can't help, please leave now since anything past this point will be confidential. All we know now is that the meteor is predicted to land December 25th, midnight, here in Orient City. Please, lend us your skills to help protect this city.
Okitaka bows. Nobody leaves. Huckle then stands up to break the silence.
Huckle: Okitaka, I understand the situation. Please raise your head. You asked us all here and shared limited information to us so you wouldn't cause undue stress for the citizens, right? No hero would refuse to help, so we're all on board to assist.
Okitaka: ...thanks man!
More people start standing up to express their support of the project.

Hisaki: Yeah! Let's get started then! Can I borrow an open room to test something?
Crowne: Right, we should get started if we can help. I'm sure all of us together can come up with something!
Okitaka: Thanks y'all! The group is hereby established for the Anti-Meteorite Monster committee!
People raise their voices to get fired up one by one, and snow begins falling outside.
End of Episode

1 comment:

  1. I know the Wolfmen Gang is the villains in this scenario, and that they were gonna beat us up for some cash, but I still love how the Green one congratulated us for the win back at the Hero Fest AND how they celebrate Christmas with each other here. Pretty wholesome if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete