Friday, April 15, 2022

Valentine Fantasy Episode 1 Part 2 (Abridged)

Candyland, where children are happily making chocolate while some familiar faces teach them.
Chouji: Cooking time! The tempering is important to making chocolate, so make sure you pay attention to what you're doing here.
Itzamna: Ask us if you don't understand anything. Oh this takes me back to when I did this in El Dorado.
Boogeyman: Hello you two, I'm back.
Chouji: Hello Boogeyman-sensei... and MC!? Did you do something horrible!?
MC: False charges! / Why are YOU here Chouji!? / Itzanma's here too!?

Chouji: Itzamna-sensei asked me to teach people how to make chocolate here.
Itzamna: I'm helping.
Children come up and ask Chouji to keep teaching, so he does.

MC: Boogeyman is this fine? No one looks afraid.
Boogeyman: I'm in charge of the forest, and it's okay with me if the kids who know what they've done wrong have fun.
Itzamna: Let me say things were hard for me at first too. So stubborn...before I started helping to create this world I felt the responsibility of helping children overcome their problems and return home.
MC: They do seem to have reflected. If anything, they seem spoiled. I'm surprised you're helping.
Itzamna: Even my students say I'm too nice, so...I suppose it's true this isn't a method that suits me. Boogeyman's belief is resolute as well though, so helping from within seemed better than trying to make him stop. With me around, we can balance things well with the carrot and stick approach.

MC: On another note this world is amazing.
Itzamna: It wasn't all me of course. A great engineer named Hephaestus helped too. This was much easier than making a real world, and painting in a blank canvas is my specialty.
Itzamna winks, at which point a child comes over to pull at his sleeve.
Itzamna: Duty calls. I wish we could talk more, but I must go. My art class students and their friends are here too. I think you know them, so you should greet them. Okay see you later. (goes to where the children are)
MC: (walks off to find the others)

Elsewhere
Benten: Give me a hand Kuniyoshi! My chocolate's not gonna be a hit tweet as is!
Kuniyoshi: EVERYONE AT UENO WAIT FOR MY APOLOGY CHOCOLATE
Zhurong: Ehehe, I hope Boogeyman-sensei will like this. I'm gonna make a whole lot of chocolate to give out! Like Sarutahiko, Horokeu, Daikoku...
MC: How about I help, Benten? / Well Kuniyoshi hasn't changed / Where's mine, Zhurong?
(A) Benten: MC! You're here too? I knew you'd be the only one who can keep up with me! Listen up, compromise is not part of my vocabulary. I am not giving up until I'm a social media superstar! Licht begged off, but you're staying here MC! This is for you.
Benten hands over a small pink ribbon wrapped present.
Benten: It's an SSR Valentine's chocolate from me. Motivated yet?
And so Benten's crazy chocolate making begins.
(B) Kuniyoshi: Oh wow, MC? I didn't expect to see you here. Gimme a sec to finish this. (paints again until he's done)
Kuniyoshi: Yes, it's done! Oh, sorry to keep you waiting. Have this! I made it earlier when inspiration hit me!
Kuniyoshi gives a chocolate patterned after a therian.

Kuniyoshi: Whaddya think? It's not my usual thing, but I feel I showed how good furries are with it well enough! It feels like a waste to eat it. Oh, the toe beans are made with marshmallows! It took forever to get them right!
And so Kuniyoshi rants about furries for a while.
(cont.)

(C) Zhurong: Oh, MC! I have actually. Did you want it?
MC: YES
Zhurong: Yay, I'm glad I made it! Here you go! ...wait, why are you here? Did Boogeyman-sensei bring you over?
Zhurong doesn't seem to be here because he got into a fight with someone.

Zhurong: So I was taking pictures for my investigations when Boogeyman-sensei said he'd show me something cool! There were people who talked and looked the way they usually do but their auras looked different. Sensei told me I could have tons of sweets, so I stopped partway to come here!
MC: Don't follow strangers with candy! / Oh right, you can tell / The article's being abandoned!
Zhurong: (whispering) Umm, I want chocolate from you too.
MC: Okay!
And then MC starts making a chocolate for Zhurong.

Meanwhile in some other Gingerbread House
Arc: Okay it's good. I hope MC likes it.
Arc has made a big heart-shaped chocolate and grabs a chocolate pen.
Arc: So should I write love, friendship, or...?
Itzamna: Oh, didn't you already make the chocolates for your family Arc?
Arc: ...oh, sensei. There's someone else I want to give a chocolate to...
Itzamna: Ooh, I see. Well go ahead and think about what you'll do in front of a blank canvas. By the way is this other kitchen set open?
Arc: Yes, it is. Shall I help clean up?
Itzamna: Thank you. You two use this one. Shall I teach you how to make the chocolate?

Balor: Why am I doing this
Cait Sith: B-because that's how we're supposed to get out? I'm sure MC would be happy if you gave them a--
Balor: GUHAHA, that's funny! Watch me make the best present ever for my grandbaby!
Cait Sith: MEOW Balor's getting more into this than I thought he would!
Arc: ...did you say MC? Do you two know them?
Cait Sith: Ah! Are you Arc!? We were looking for you! ...except now we got stuck here too.
Itzamna: I can take you to them later if you want.
Arc: Would you!? Thank you so much!
Suddenly, an explosion. Everyone turns to see Balor's pot has blown up and is smoking.
Balor: Gaha, cooking might not be for me!
Cait Sith: Did you put in gunpowder or something!?
Balor: What kind of idiot do you take me for!?
Itzamna: Oh my. I should teach you from the top. Arc, will you help?
And so Itzamna starts teaching Cait Sith and Balor how to make chocolate while Arc helps.

Back to MC
MC: Making sweets is fun. It's like I'm really in a fairy tale...wait.
MC: What happens later in this story again? I'm getting a bad feeling.
Later
Cait Sith: My chocolates for MC and Solomon are going great! And I think I have enough for everyone in my guild? (pours chocolate into molds)
Another explosion causes Cait Sith to spill his chocolate.

Cait Sith: Balor, did you do something again!?
Balor: I didn't do shit this time, dick!
Everyone looks out the window.
Cait Sith: ...this doesn't seem like someone blew something up while cooking.
Balor: Well yeah, who does that?
Cait Sith: You, apparently...wait, what's wrong Balor?
Balor: ...didn't that explosion come from where my grandbaby is?

Outside
Behemoth: Wait what I thought I was in some freaky place and now I'm in a candy land of dreams? Smells nice...
Giant: This is for kids who know what they did wrong. Eat whatever candy you like.
Behemoth: Can I have as much as I want!?
Giant: Yes, let me show you around.
Inside some Gingerbread House
Behemoth: Damn this place is amazing, bro. Can I eat that chocolate?
Giant: Yes. And the cookies and candy.
Behemoth: AWW YEAH (starts snarfing sweets) This is almost as good as Ziz's stuff! Why'd you bring me here anyway?
Giant: Look how fat you are! Now I want to pour chocolate on you.
Behemoth: w-why
Giant: So I can eat you!
Behemoth: HELLLLP 

Outside
Fire Giant: Eat all the fat kids! Come out, come out, or I'll blow the house down!
Kid A: Waaah, that's not how the story goes! Help!
Itzamna defends the child.
Itzamna: Why are you giants here? This isn't where you're supposed to be!
Chouji: Sensei, a bunch of giants suddenly appeared!
Itzamna: ...prioritize keeping the children safe. Split up and get them elsewhere, everybody.
Balor: Hey where is my grandbaby
Cait Sith: I'll handle that! Noble Phantasm! Go find MC, kitties!
A bunch of cats come out of Cait Sith's shadow and splits up to search the houses.

Cait Sith: Over there! The other cats will help the kids get away!

Over by MC
Benten: OMG MC! A-are you okay!?
Zhurong: Waaah! MC, don't die!
MC: you guys I think I hit my head and I'm close to blacking out
The Gingerbread House you were in broke and part of it fell on you, pinning you to the ground.

Arc: MC!
Balor: ...hey brats, what happened here?
Cait Sith: MC? Hang in there!
Zhurong: W-well, the wall suddenly broke and MC pushed us out of the way and...
A couple of giants appear.
Balor: ...huh. I know you guys are creations, but you want to defy ME? What a laugh. Get back Cait Sith and kiddos if you know what's good for you. And watch Grandpa, grandbaby, and see how great I can be!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Itzamna attempts to lead children to safety, but it's rough going.
Itzamna: Boogeyman, can't you do something about this?
Boogeyman: I tried calling Hephaestus but he isn't picking up. I've asked him to do a forced logout though.
Itzamna: So we have to fight then.
Balor crashes by.
Balor: Hell yeah, fighting to protect my grandbaby is the best! Who wants to die next!?
Balor is said to have the strength to command the giants who were already stronger than most. And now the strength sealed by his shackles is starting to come loose...
End of Episode

2 comments:

  1. I guess you could say that MC had a Sugar Crash at this point. XD
    ...I'll see myself out over at the scary forest now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun, though I'd appreciate a full translation later too.

    ReplyDelete