Thursday, April 7, 2022

Valentine Fantasy Prologue Part 1 (Abridged)

Arc (narrating): When did hearing your voice start making me happy? Life sucked for me, so I didn't know what to make of that. Keeping my family safe was all I could do, so I didn't have time to think of anything else. Is this love? I dunno, I just wanted this time to keep on going. If I did something, it felt like everything would go to hell. I never knew I could be such a coward. So today I pray again that you notice my feelings that I haven't figured out yet. Actually I pray you never notice.
Title card
Front of Shinjuku Academy
Arc: Hair, neat. Clothes, okay...maybe. I usually go with what's easy to move around in, so I'm a little worried going to a shop dressed like this.
Arc is using their phone camera as a substitute for a mirror to check themselves. Today they and MC have plans to buy things for Valentine's.
MC: Uhhh...oh, Arc! (waves)
MC picks out Arc by their hair color upon leaving the school building. Arc waves back and smiles upon spotting MC.
MC: Hey. / Sorry to keep you waiting. / Nice winter clothes.
(AB) Arc: Had a good day at school? I haven't been here that long. Plus I should be thanking you since you're coming with me for my stuff.
(C) Arc: Oh, thanks. Mom and Dad picked it out for me. I invited you over today partly to pay back my family. I've always been helped by you the rest of the time...

Today's plan is to go to Shinjuku Sanchome, where there's a bunch of department stores. But just as you two are about to leave...
Guy A: Eat a dick douchebag!
Wolf B: YOU eat a dick, asshole!
Fight fight fight fight
MC: Oh no a fight! We have to stop...hey wait is that a teacher over there?
Boogeyman: What, I came over from the elementary school section to pick up some flowers and there's a fight here? Mmm, this is bad. Naughty naughty naughty... In this world there are things called promises, like listening to the advice people give you. If this was a horror movie you might be peeing your pants!
Guy and Wolf: NOOOO we'll stop, we promise! (runs off crying)
Boogeyman: (sighs) Why did they scream like that? Am I that scary looking? Sorry for yelling kitties, here.
Boogeyman pulls out some food from his pockets to give to some cats.

Boogeyman: Heh...the closer you are, the more you fight? It's not like I have anyone close enough to fight with, haha. (frowns)
The cats start rubbing up against Boogeyman.

Boogeyman: Daww, thanks...oh wait I have work to do. (starts weeding the flowerbeds)
MC: Who dat, I never seen him before. He said he's from the elementary school section, so maybe I should ask Zhurong?
Arc: Something up with that teacher?
MC: Nah, just curious
Arc: Okay. Let's go.

Shinjuku Sanchome
Arc: Hmm, I can get chocolate for Azathoth, but what about Mom and Dad? Dad makes great sweets, so maybe I should get something else?
MC: Eh, don't overthink it. Maybe make something handmade for him and write a letter.
Arc: That sounds embarrassing but also a good idea maybe. Do you make chocolates yourself? Have anyone you want to give them to?
MC: Yep. Wanna make chocolate together? / I wanna make a whole bunch and give some to the gang / I don't think I can cook...
(A) Arc: Really? Then maybe we can do with just the two of us. We should buy the ingredients.
(BC) Arc: How about I teach you then? Dad showed me how, and doing it together makes me feel better. So we should buy ingredients while we're here too.

On the way over to a store that sells the things you guys need, you see...
Ziz: Oh, MC. And your friend? Good day to you two. Are you from a different school? I'm so happy to see you're getting involved with other schools. Arc, right? I'm Ziz, a student teacher at Shinjuku.
Arc: Hello. Are all those bags Valentine's shopping? That's a lot.
Ziz is carrying bags of chocolate ingredients in both hands.
Ziz: Mhm. I was thinking of making chocolate for the students and the teachers and then this happened...
Arc: Oh, we're about to buy ingredients too.
Ziz: Oh, then I recommend this one since everything you need is lined up together.
Ziz tells you two of the department store she was just at.
Ziz: Oh, have you seen Behemoth? He was with me up until I was going shopping, but now I lost sight of him. Somehow. He's not answering his phone, so I'm getting worried...could you call me if you see him?
MC: I bet he followed his nose... / I'll call if we find him.
Ziz: Okay, I'm going to look for him. Bye you two. Oh, and a bit of advice. The important thing with giving gifts is making sure you convey your feelings. Good luck! (winks and leaves)

Later
Shopping went by way faster thanks to Ziz's advice, and since there's still time, you and Arc visit a nearby cafe.

MC: I'll go order / I'll go to the restroom / I'll go fix my makeup
Arc pulls out a small package from the shopping bags after checking MC is gone. It's a wrapped present Arc secretly bought for MC.
Arc: ...I bought this, but what do I say when I give it...? Thanks for everything you do? Or maybe I should say something else.
Everything else Arc thinks of feels like it's missing something important. Arc sighs, then notices someone at a nearby table sighing too.

Sitri: Aww...just as I'm about to give my present I lose all my courage... urgh, when should I give it? M-maybe I invite them to a nice place and...
Sitri and Arc:
Arc: Right, what do I even think of you? Former enemy? Comrade? Rival? Someone who understands what being a guildmaster is like?
Sitri: No wait it has to be natural...but that's not a badass way of doing it...
Sitri and Arc notice each other thinking aloud.
Sitir: H-hey, do you know what to do for Valentine's?
Arc: Dunno. I'm wondering if it's fine for things to stay they way they are. I want to show my thanks, but I also wanna avoid having things change because of that.
Sitri: Hmm...what sort of person do you wanna give your stuff to?
MC: Hey I brought water. Oh, Sitri. Whatcha two talking about?
Sitri: S-Senpai why are you here!?
MC: Valentine's shopping with Arc / why are you embarrassed?
(A) Sitri: O-oh! Me too. I was thinking of making chocolates to show my thanks to you guys. Shirou taught me how to make chocolate. THAT'S ALL THAT'S HAPPENING!
(B) Sitri: N-NO I'M NOT

The three of you now get together at one table to talk. Arc and Sitri get along surprisingly well either because Arc's used to talking to younger people or Sitri being candid and sociable.
Sitri: Arc-senpai can I have your number since we go through the same problems?
Arc: Okay. No need to call me senpai, Arc is fine.
Sitri: But that's not cool...
MC: You can drop senpai with me too / When did you two become such good friends
---
(A) Sitri very quietly says your names without using senpai. The two of you faintly smile at this.
(B) Sitri: Tee hee, secret!
---
And so the conversation goes on until Sitri has to go home.

That night
MC: Okay, I put away the stuff and bought the present. I wonder if Solomon will like it?
Solomon: Master! You seem to be in a good mood. Did you have fun with Arc?
MC: Yep / Sorry I couldn't pay any attention to you
(A) Solomon: It's good you had a good time with your friends! I'm a little sad though, so next time we should go do something together!
(B) Solomon: It's okay. I am a little sad though, so next time go with me!

Solomon: Oh, what's that bag on your desk? Is it something for me!?
MC: Oh no it's the surprise present I got for Solomon!
MC: Uhh, nothing. It's a secret until Valentine's.
Solomon: Master is pretty sus! Show me!
MC: Nope
Solomon: Why!? We're part of the same being, we can share anything with each other!
MC: There's still things I wanna keep secret! / No! / Umm...
MC accidentally hits Solomon in trying to keep him away from his surprise present.
MC: Oops...are you okay!?
Solomon: ...WAAAAH! (leaves)
End of Episode part

1 comment: