Saturday, April 23, 2022

Valentine Fantasy Episode 2 Part 2 (Abridged)

Cait Sith and his cats are playing music.
Cait Sith: Next is the Bremeown Town Prelude! Dance, everybody!
Slowly people start doing so.
Boy A: Wow the cats are playing music!
Boy B: Hey wait I've heard of thise story!
Boy A: Oh! The Bremen Town Musicians!
The invocation of the story replaces the thoughts of terror the children had as they start to smile.
Cait Sith: Meow, that's us! You there! How about you join in on our performance?
The children get excited at Cait Sith saying he's playing the part of that fairy tale and start talking about it more among themselves.
Benten: I'll do it! This is so gonna go viral!
Zhurong: Yay! I can play the castanets!
Kuniyoshi: I will remember this five-ever...!

Licht: I see what's going on now!
MC: Well share with the class then!
Licht: Oh, sorry. Cait Sith is trying a new plot twist. When we asked the children what was going on earlier, I noticed one thing in common. They all mentioned the giants who gave them lots of candy said they got big and fat and wanted to eat them.
MC: Hey wait I think I've heard of this before / So?
Licht: The story of Hansel and Gretel. That's the fairy tale the giants were using. This is a world modeled after fairy tales because that was the easiest way to format it. Fairy tales have lots of variations though, and many go on to have happy endings. Cait Sith noticed this and tried using the Bremen Town Musicians fairy tale himself.
Many children have enjoyed the music and are smiling.
Cait Sith: You've all been a wonderful audience, meow! I'm glad you all enjoyed it, and I want you all to keep smiling! Will you guys do that?
Kids: OKAY!
The children applaud, which Cait Sith accepts with some embarrassment. One kid walks up.
Boy A: Thank you! Here's a chocolate I made!
Boy B: Hey wait me too! Encore!
More and more children start giving Cait Sith their chocolates and ask for a repeat.
Cait Sith: Okay okay, just one more. (proceeds to play three more songs)

Later
Itzamna has been reconstructing Candyland in the meantime, and things have calmed down.

Cait Sith: Whew that was exhausting! But I'm glad the children are smiling now.
MC: You did great!
Cait Sith: It's thanks to the cats who helped me! I was a little worried it wouldn't work for a second. Oh, Balor! How was our performance?
Balor: I only ever heard the sounds of bodies hitting the ground before but... your band served the people and a king serves more than anything else. So, not bad. It wasn't ear rape or anything.
Cait Sith: Yay! I thought you were gonna call it trash noise!
MC: Yeah that's a surprise / IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD / He seems less happy than if I had complimented him...
Balor: Hey! Cheeky little brat!
Cait Sith: Sorry! But wow you're nice Balor. You were worried earlier weren't you? About how I am as a king, I mean.
Balor snorts but neither confirms nor denies that.

Cait Sith: Maybe you are right, Balor. You've been a king longer than I have. But I'm gonna keep going on like this since I want everyone to be happy.
Balor stares.
Balor: ...did you just indirectly call me old?
Cait Sith: Where did you get that from!?
Balor: Well you are the first generation. If that's how your kingdom goes, do whatever you want. If you call that egotism, then maybe I'm really egotistical. That may just be your royal principle.
MC: Nice / Cait Sith you're so cool now / And here you keep making me call you Grandpa
(A) Balor: I only said whatever if you're serving your citizens. There are things only kings can say, and that's something I chose to say. I'd never say that about the other wily fairy citizens.
(B) Cait Sith: Ehehe, I hope so.
(C) Balor: This and that are different things, gahaha. I'll always be happy if you call me that.

Boogeyman walks up.
Boogeyman: Sorry to pile things on before you catch your breath, but I wanna go over our new objectives. It bothers me to ask for your help after getting you guys caught up in it, but will you join me?
MC: Sure! Not like I can go back if I say no anyway. You're helping too, right Grandpa?
Cait Sith: Yeah I'll help! We can't leave the children like this!
Balor: My grandbaby is asking me for a favor. Well I guess I do have to hear you out.

Later in the Gingerbread House
Benten: Licht where were you? I was gonna make you help me make a new chocolate!
Licht: I-I do want to help, but Arachne had asked me to help her first.
Benten: Oh okay. Help me next time then!
Licht: Haha, okay. If I have nothing else going on, I promise...
Kuniyoshi: Hey Catoblepas I drew out that costume design you asked for. What do I do next?
Catoblepas: W-wow! But this kind of vest is...
Kuniyoshi: Hey you wanna be a salesguy at the next con event we go to? I can help with your cosplay album design if you like.
Catoblepas: Y-yes please! A-also, what do you think of cosplaying...in a kigurumi!?
MC: Hi guys / We're back / I wanna see you cosplay Catoblepas
(C) Catoblepas: U-umm...well maybe if you join me as another shop assistant...

Itzamna: Okay, we're all here. First, take a seat wherever there's room.
Everyone sits around a big round cookie table. Itzamna stays standing as he starts talking.
Itzamna: So Cait Sith has smoothed things out for now, but we still have much to deal with. Now let's have Boogeyman talk about what we should do next.
Boogeyman stands up.
Boogeyman: Right now we have two main concerns. First is our being trapped in this world. I don't know what that is, and since I still can't get a line open to communicate we're on our own to deal with it somehow. Secondly, the terrifying fairy tale world sections are out of our control...
Everyone else starts murmuring.

Boogeyman: That's why the giants rampaged earlier. I deeply apologize for this. Also there are children trapped in the scary side of this world still, and they may be in danger.
Itzamna: Chin up, Boogeyman. You should actually be apologizing to those children, not us. Plus we're all here now. Is there a plan?
Boogeyman: (nods) This world is a cyber world inside my artifact Hephaestus modded. The power source of my artifact is the faith of fear. If we erase that, my artifact will be nullified from the inside out. When that happens, this world will short out and automatically kick us out.
Licht: (raises hand) Is that actually possible?
Boogeyman clams up, but Itzamna smiles.
Itzamna: I have a plan.
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment