Sunday, April 10, 2022

Live A Hero Chapter 5 Episode 13: Return of the Symbol (Abridged)

The light eventually fades and everyone's vision returns...along with That Mountain. Everyone is surprised, as no one has ever seen it before. Yet the mountain's name pops up into everyone's head, like they knew beforehand and remembered it now.
Sadayoshi: ...it's Mt. Fuji.
Gammei: The highest mountain in the nation and symbol of our country...
Akashi: It's...back?
MC: That's what I pulled out? R-really?
Sui: So that's what the Invisible Mountain really is?
Furlong: It's so big...and beautiful.
Victom: And the Monster somehow ate that thing?
Toshu: ...the memories of the most famous mountain of Japan our ancestors handed down to us. I never thought I'd ever see its return with my own eyes.
Shoen: ...now I know why Orient City has had such a strange pull on my heart.
Melide: That's...the mountain the Monster over there ate and MC pulled back out... I can't believe they pulled out such a large symbol that everyone in the country knew of at one point...
Exio: ...MC, you...

Suddenly, Mokdai's phone starts ringing.
Mokdai: Hello, Mokdai speaking... Crowne!? Where are you!?
Somewhere around Mt. Fuji
Crowne: Uhh, I dunno. Also, Ryekie and I have had our hero suits cancel out. We're on some mountain, but we're okay.
Ryekie: What's going on? Was there a mountain like this by Orient City? I can't get my thoughts together about all this.
Back to the rest of the party
Mokdai: I'm glad you two are okay. Can you two descend from the mountain? If you can't maybe we can send help or...
Sui: Mokdai! It's Huckle!
Huckle: Urgh...
Mokdai: Director, are you okay!? You looked like you were in a lot of pain a second ago!

Huckle starts looking around all wide-eyed.
MC: ...Director? What's wrong?
Huckle: ...MC, where are we? Why am I in hero form? And why is there so many people here?
Akashi: ...Director, your memories!
Huckle: ...head hurts. It feels like a ton of information went through my head... I don't see Ryekie or Crowne anywhere. Where are they?
Ryekie: HUCKLE! Did you say my name!?
Huckle: Ow...shut up, I just said my head is hurting. Stop yelling into the phone...
MC: Is your memory back!?

Yoshiori: No way!
Monomasa: Yes, That Man supposedly erased them...
Kyoichi: Haha, isn't this great!?
Barrel: Yeah! Welcome back Huckle!
Huckle: R-right...thanks you two.
Melide: How did this happen...? Things I didn't know about keep happening. Exio?
Melide looks to Exio, who is muttering to himself hand to chin.
Exio: His torn up memories came back? Were they restored when the giant path veered through some other parallel world? Or did the other Crowne hold onto the fragments? ...I don't know, but all I can do is call it a miracle. MC...you truly are someone to be feared. (stares pointedly at MC)
MC: Uhh, Exio?
Exio:
Exio: ...I need to rethink my approach.

Space
Broker: ...
The Broker pulls his hand away from a screen showing MC, which closes it and leaves only his eyes to shine inside the dark ship.
Broker: No one with such Observational ability has appeared before... I've finally found one. You really were the correct one. Things are still fine...but the problem is how long it'll take to get to the next area. You have more than enough potential, so you should get there one day. Until then...I'll give you things to struggle through with. I will be continuing to observe you, MC...

One month later, Orient City
Newscaster: Good morning, it's a beautiful day and Mt. Fuji is in clear view! In other news, it's been three weeks since the lockdown on the center of Orient City has been lifted. The reconstruction led by Raidark is slowly progressing, and peace is returning to the city...
Parallel Flight's new office
Huckle: Morning everyone. Are you used to the new office yet?
Mokdai: Good morning! And yep! I'm glad and excited it got put together so quickly.
MC: Good morning! / It's so big I can't relax / It's a lot more beautiful now...
(A) Huckle: Morning. So you've finally settled in.
(B) Huckle: Haha, I feel the same way. We always had a smaller office before now.
(C) Huckle: Well it's a new building. Of course, our last one was destroyed in the last disaster.

Ryekie: Having a new office feels great! Work's gonna be a refreshing breeze!
Akashi: ...Ryekie I literally sit right next to you and I can see you haven't gotten a thing done. Didn't you say that report's due tomorrow?
Ryekie: I-I'M GONNA WORK HARD STARTING NOW! That's different!
Crowne: I'm still surprised the old building was totally destroyed just like that... you have the money to keep this place up, Huckle?
Huckle: It's thanks to Colonel Ikusabata. He got us compensation for the government trying to drop the HFCM on us while we were around. He also changed the penalties for breaking through the lockdown to fines which we offset with that comp. The leftover money after that was sent to us. We can't denounce the government because of this, but thanks to the money we could get this new office up and pay everyone. Now all we have to do is go back to business as usual.
MC: Huh. I wonder if he's okay?

Huckle: I'm sure he's fine. Sure he's been reprimanded, but he hasn't been fired or demoted from what I heard.
Ryekie: The Defense Department went that easy on him? Why?
Huckle: Dunno. And neither does he, though he thinks being an Ikusabata might have had something to do with it... I don't know much, but it seems odd to me. But in the short term...I'm glad he hasn't lost the job he was so proud of. Oh that reminds me, he has a message for you.
Flashback
Sadayoshi: I don't know if it's thanks to meeting with, fighting against, then fighting with you all, but I've started believing that it's okay for me to take actions that are true to myself. So, thank you very much. Next time, I'd like to be allies with you all from the start.

Present
Akashi: True to himself, huh? He's changed.
Mokdai: Haha, did he get possessed? But I'm looking forward to fighting together with him next time.
Ryekie: Yeah! I wanna see how the Colonel fights in his own way!
Sui: But isn't he still in the military? Are we really going to get a chance to fight with him again?
Crowne: One day, maybe. Not like this time, oh my god, but there's definitely a chance we'll team up with the Defense Department. On another note I see you started late today Huckle. Did something happen?
Huckle: Oh, I had to go see some people.
Sui: Who?

Huckle: ...huh? Did I not tell you guys? We've got new people joining us today.
MC: New people? / We're hiring more people!?
Akashi: What!? I never heard about this! I haven't gotten ready to be a senpai!
Mokdai: Oh my god is this gonna be okay!? I haven't been a hero for long either! I don't know if I can be a good senpai and show them how to do the work!
Sui: Uhh, calm down you two. We don't even know if we're getting Operators or heroes yet.
Huckle: Right. They aren't heroes, and they aren't exactly new either. This is something close to outsourcing. Now that I'm a hero again, MC became the only Operator in the office, so I've arranged to make up for that.
MC: Oh. Nice.

Ryekie: We're outsourcing Operators? When'd you find someone like that?
Huckle: We've been talking about it for a while now, but the formalities and background checks are finally done and it all came together today.
Crowne: Background checks? We are suddenly escalating things here, wow. So, who're the new people?
Huckle: Right, let's have them introduce themselves directly. It's not your first time meeting them, but come on in.
Everyone else: !!
Exio: Hi, I'm working with you all today. I'm Exio Grant.
Melide: ...I'm Melide. Nice to meet you.
End of Chapter 5
End of Main Story Part 1: Unparalleled Fortune

2 comments:

  1. a wonderful chapter. Thanks for the stranlation

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much has happened, but I'm really glad that Huckle regained his memories in the end here. And we even got Exio and Melide joining Parallel Flights too. What a happy conclusion for Part 1 of the Main Story here, which I'm honesstly surprised that Part 2's coming up here. I just hope we don't have people canonically die on us here...
    Anyways, thanks again for the translation.

    ReplyDelete