Thursday, April 7, 2022

Valentine Fantasy Prologue Part 2 (Abridged)

Kamata
Tezcatlipoca: HAHAHA, HELLOOOO! I came to get some maintenance done on my body before an important meeting. Is Tvastar here? ...hmm?
Itzanma: You are as loud as ever. I never thought I'd run into you here, Brother.
Tezcatlipoca: Haha, thank you for the compliment, Brother! This is the time for odd things to happen! Like you're supposed to be weak against the cold and this is still February. Shouldn't you be asleep?
Itzamna: Haha, I haven't gotten so senile I've forgotten what season it is. That said, why are you in a cute doll body?
Tezcatlipoca: Behold this eye catching softness! If you wish to touch it, I will permit you to do so. (spins to show the doll body off)

Tezcatlipoca: How come you're here at this time of year?
Itzamna: I had things to get to and today is relatively warm. And I thought maybe I'd see something new in Tokyo in a time I'm not usually up.
Tezcatlipoca: Hmm. Did something good happen with you? You seem to be enjoying life here more than you did back in El Dorado.
Itzamna: My students have much to teach me here. Isn't it the same for you? Perhaps you haven't noticed, but you've changed since coming to Tokyo as well.
Tezcatlipoca: Surely you jest. I no longer have a body that can change. At heart I am a mirror that reflects light. Maybe what's changed is how you see me?

Itzamna: Hmm...that makes sense. I never thought you'd ever say that. But by that same logic, you must have changed too to say it looks like I'm enjoying life now.
Tezcatlipoca: Touché. It's true my circumstances have changed in Tokyo. Like now I have an ally in the World Representatives who also has dominion over smoke. That would never have happened if I never came here.
Itzamna: You have a friend like that? Interesting.
Tezcatlipoca: Oops, I said too much. So what business do you have? Something you want the Crafters to make? You are a Creator in our world. You asking someone else to make something must be something incredible to see.
Itzamna: I was asked to design a garden world with part of it being a place with warmer weather as my compensation. Oh, it's not like El Dorado. It's just a place where the general concept of temperature doesn't exist, but there's plans of putting in settings to make it feel like there's temperature if you want it.
Tezcatlipoca: Hmm? ...oh, I see. Yes there is an engineer here who specializes in that, isn't there? Sounds like a place even someone like me can go to! Invite me over sometime.
Itzamna: Okay, let's talk some more then.

Tvastar: Hey you guuuys! Sorry I kept you waiting Tezcatlipoca, I had another client and things went on a bit. You said you're here for body maintenance? I'll get on it soon, so how about you come inside? Hehe.
Tezcatlipoca: Okay. No sneaking in weird extra functions like you did last time.
Tvastar: Aww...did you not like the secret button that makes you pour soup from your mouth? You said you didn't want a perfect body or have your body modded to buff your abilities, so I just limited myself to that. (picks up Tezcatlipoca and starts muttering to himself about ideas)
Tezcatlipoca: Okay bye Brother!
Itzamna: ...well he seems to be having fun. You see all sorts of strange things when you live long enough.
Talos comes out.
Talos: I apologize for the wait, Sir Itzamna. My Creator has sent me out to speak with you, so I shall be helping you instead.
Itzamna: Okay. Shall we begin? I wonder what sort of person Tezcatlipoca would actually call an ally?

Narration: The Smoked Evil Eye King Balor once had a bitter enemy he exiled from his world. That was a brilliantly shining warrior nobody could look away from, even on a battlefield choked with smoke and blood. That was Balor's grandchild who was sung of in prophecies, Lugh the Shining One. Lugh was the one said to one day depose him when Balor became elderly.
Narration: Tir na Nog has a certain System in place called Changeling, a System that chases out old dragons. Balor once overthrew and exiled a different king and became the new king of Tir na Nog, but a prophecy said another would do the same thing to him. He detested, even hated his grandson's brilliance, so he exiled him. But Lugh came to confront him on the battlefield. Lugh had confronted many an enemy, and Balor was proud at what a great warrior he had become. He dreamed of fighting alongside him, but fate decreed they would one day face against each other. That is why Lugh was always in Balor's eyes.
Balor: ...yes, we had wished to see our grandchild in another light. We wished to take his hand and fight together as we saw in a dream of a perfect life.

Prison School
Balor: Ugh, that dream again.
Balor notices approaching footsteps after waking up and is in a bad mood.
Tezcatlipoca: BALOOOR! How are you today, hahaha!
Balor: Ha. I wake up on the wrong side of the bed and then I have to hear your loud ass voice, so this is the worst.
Tezcatlipoca: Oh. I thought you'd be bored so I came to entertain you with some conversation.
Tezcatlipoca sulks for a little bit, but Balor doesn't care. Tezcatlipoca decides to walk into the cell upon noticing and jumps into Balor's lap.

Balor: What. What is this? Why are you showing me your new body? Is this missionary work or something?
Tezcatlipoca: Haha, nope! But I like that you thought that's what I'm here for! Anyway did you know this look is super popular with children? It's true!
Balor: What!?
Tezcatlipoca: Ha! Isn't this positively charming, my ally? You can touch it if you want, hahaha!
Balor refrains from saying what he was going to say, feeling it's a waste of time.
Balor: ...you sure run your mouth a lot. You know what'll happen if you talk to me about stupid shit, right?

Tezcatlipoca: ...I wanted to ask you something Balor. What do you think perfection is?
Balor: Are you trying to get on my nerves or is it just a gift? What's so interesting about this?
Tezcatlipoca: The best part is at the end. I'm going somewhere with this, so keep your shirt on. I know you're the type to eat the strawberry on a shortcake first, though.
Balor: That's because I swallow a cake that small whole, haha.
Balor thoughtlessly plays with Tezcatlipoca's doll fluff while talking. Tezcatlipoca gets smug upon noticing.
Tezcatlipoca: Heh, I was talking with Tvastar earlier and got curious about what your opinion is. He says something is perfect when there's nothing to improve through remodeling. How very typical of a Deva Loka Transient whose faith is in accumulative karma through reincarnation.
Balor: Oh right, your opinion's the exact opposite isn't it? You think perfection is when there's nothing left to take away.
Tezcatlipoca: Yes, sacrifice is noble in our world. Don't you think charm lies in what is lacking?

Balor starts stretching Tezcatlipoca's cheeks.
Tezcatlipoca: What are you doing, stop!
Balor: Your answer is painfully and predictably stupid.
Tezcatlipoca: So what's your answer? I've been wondering about that.
Balor slightly hesitates to answer, which Tezcatlipoca finds notable.
Balor: ...something that never changes over eternity, like time and light have frozen.
Tezcatlipoca: Oh, like the timeless land of Uchronia? If an ideal land with no need for change is completed, history stops. That's an answer that sounds both like you and not lik--hm!?
Footsteps approach, so Tezcatlipoca hides behind Balor.

Tanetomo: Oh, General Balor. Have you seen Commander Tezcatlipoca?
Balor: ...no. Did he go over to play around at some other school?
Tanetomo: Ugh, he's been slacking off ever since he's gained the ability to leave the school. It's one thing if he got back his original body, but his new body is something even I can apply punishment to. Hmm...maybe I should sew him down to his office chair?
Balor: Haha nice.
Tezcatlipoca punches Balor for this.
Tanetomo: I should go look for my sewing needle. Excuse me.

Tezcatlipoca: ...did Tanetomo not notice me? I thought my bloodlust aura would have reached him. Sigh, this doll body has so many weaknesses, and Tanetomo won't accept having anything besides him being referred to as cute. I suppose I should circle back and return before he does. I will see you next time, my ally...
Tezcatlipoca turns to leave, but Balor grabs on and refuses to let go.
Tezcatlipoca: Hm? What is it? Let go, or I won't make it back in time.
Balor: Bitch, it's your fault I woke up. You're staying with me until I feel better.
This is the most fun Balor shown himself to be having since Tezcatlipoca came in today.
Tezcatlipoca: You like your paybacks as much as I do...okay fine. You better be ready to get lectured with me then.
Balor: Do I look like I give a shit? I am just a teacher here, not someone an advisor can complain about to their commanders.
And so it looks to be a long and fun night after a long while since last time...

End of Episode part

No comments:

Post a Comment