Monday, April 4, 2022

Live A Hero Chapter 5 Episode 11: Absolute Defense Line (Abridged)

Giant Monster: REEEEE
The tentacle ends have been destroyed and the Monster has taken enough damage to expose its core.
MC: There it is! It's huge!
Kyoichi: Okay, we finally see it! But can we break it!?
Exio: It's using barely any energy to regenerate. We have to keep the hole exposing the core open, or else we can't attack it directly.
Victom: But look at how big the core is. I'm pretty sure we need a really strong attack to actually shatter it...
Toshu: ...so, we need someone to keep the hole open, someone to attack the core itself, and someone to pull back the core attacker?
MC: hmm

Shoen: The tentacles we broke are regenerating too, if slowly at that. We'll also need to keep those down if we don't want them to get in the way...
Sadayoshi: ...please let me handle the strike. If I can charge my fists to the limit and attack with that, it should at least crack the core!
Huckle: I'll go with you then. I only just regained my hero form, so I may as well showcase my leg techniques.
Mokdai: Colonel...Director...t-then let me join in too! I use my fists as a hero too! It's scary, but...I wanna do everything I can for everyone!

Gammei: A young hero like that being that determined? We really have to help out at this point, huh Victom?
Victom: Of course. We can pick you guys up.
Ryekie: I'll widen the hole up then! FULL POWERRRR!
Shoen: I will use my calligraphy casting to weaken the outer shell and make the hole easier to open.
Akashi: I'll help too! I'll keep firing fireballs even if my arms fall off!
Barrel: Same! That's gonna be filled with bullet holes!
Furlong: That's not something a policeman should say, god. But yeah, I'll do my best too! A full power water blast should break through the shell!
Sui: I'll use my strings to keep the hole sewn open. I just don't know if it'll hold out long enough...
Crowne: I'll handle that. Construction's my job and all, and my weapon's made for that.
Kyoichi: Okay, I'm on tentacle crowd control! Can't let all your efforts go to waste!
Toshu: So I'm a vanguard? Very well.

Yoshiori: Stop moving and DIE already, you freaks!
Monomasa: The most mercy I can give you is a swift return to where you originally came from and end this.
Melide: ...there's tons of views concentrated on us. We can do it.
Exio: Yes, this is the season finale. We should do things properly. MC, are you ready?
MC: Yeah, it's all or nothing!
Exio: I see you're motivated. Let's go then.
Huckle: Final battle, go!
BATTLE START (more happens afterwards)

Yoshiori: Recapture "Operation Regain"!
Monomasa: Clear the way to the future! Betrayal "Téras Prodosía"!
Yoshiori shoots a bunch of holes into outstretched tentacles, and Monomasa follows up by chopping them down.
Toshu: We will win against our past selves! Flash "Lion Warrior's Sword Dance"!
Kyoichi: Cut a clean path forward! Instruction "First Lesson in Tactics 180 Degrees"!
Toshu and Kyoichi cut down the remaining tentacles. No obstructions towards the main body remain.

Kyoichi: Go! Get the hole open!
Shoen: Understood! Running Brush "99 Writings"!
Shoen write-casts "Frail", which causes the Monster to seize up and make its body crumble.
Shoen: Go, break through!
Akashi: Right! Work with me Barrel!
Barrel: Roger! Furlong, you ready!?
Furlong: Ready! LET'S GOOOO!
Akashi: Time to hit it out of the park! Finisher "Hundred Ardent Cannon Shots"!
Barrel: Woooo! Bullseye "Bang&Bang&Bang"!
Furlong: Fire! Suppression "Manguera de Aquario"!
Fire, light, and water combine into a single beam that blows open the Monster's brittle upper half.

Akashi: Justice, do it!
Ryekie: HERE WE GO! Thunderous Lightning "Gigabolt Breaker"!
Giant Monster: EEEEEEE
Protect Break! The core is open!
Sui: My turn! Sewing “Aiguille du Salut”!
Crowne: Reinforcing the strings! Construction "Analyze & Scrap"!
Sui sews up the edges of the hole quicker than the eye can see, and Crowne's light makes the strings shine like metal.

Sui: It's working! Mokdai, you're up!
Crowne: You too, Huckle! Colonel! Take it down in one shot!
Exio: We'll send you all the VP. Melide, MC, stay focused.
Melide: I understand! MC, you ready?
MC: Yeah!
Sadayoshi: I'm counting on you three. Hup!
Huckle: One last attack to settle this, guys!
Mokdai: We've combined all our powers! We won't miss!
The three of them jump into the hole. The core pulses as they closer to it, and the trio ready their weapons. Mokdai's shines green, Sadayoshi shines blue, and Huckle's shines gold. The rest of the heroes all cheer them on.
MC: Ultimate Moves, fire!
Mokdai: Pulverizer "Megaton Crusher"!
Sadayoshi: Resolution "Evil Crushing Shining Fists"!
Huckle: World Traveler " Sonic Boom Penetration"!
All three strikes slam the core.
Mokdai, Sadayoshi, and Huckle: SHATTER!
Cracks run through the core.
Giant Monster: SCREEEEEE
And the core shatters with a loud explosion and flash of light.

MC: YES! Core destroyed!
The monster starts turning transparent.
Gammei: Our turn! Imprison "Toward the Star"!
Victom: I will save everyone! Rescue "Lightspeed Phoenix"!
Gammei's handcuffs and Victom's rope fly out and pulls the attack team back to the ground.
Kyoichi: I-is it finally over!?
Akashi: No wait! The monster's holding this ground up!
Mokdai: We're falling! Aaahhh!
Shoen: I will handle this! Triple cast! "Slow"!
Shoen writes the word onto the ground, slowing the speed at which the landmass falls until it eventually hits the ground rumbling softly. Only the wind blowing creates any noise in the area, and the Monster is dissolving into light particles.
Melide: ...so
Exio: It's...over...
MC: Battle over! Good job you guys, you were amazing!
Barrel: ...!
Everyone: YEAH!

Akashi: We saved the city! YES!
Mokdai: Yeah, and we did it by beating a Monster that's been sleeping by Orient City for centuries! We are so awesome!
Sui: It's finally over...
Crowne: I know right? I literally became a hero today and this is where I end up.
Sui: You were great out there. Looking forward to working with you more.
Crowne: Oh right you're technically my senpai at the hero thing now. Show me the ropes, Senpai!
Sui: Feeling wEIRD...

Kyoichi: Haha, damn I'm tired. Like tired as all hell, but just as accomplished!
Toshu: I lost count of how many Monsters we destroyed...but we won.
Shoen: Yes...now we can bask in the glory.
Yoshiori: Damn, who'd ever thought villains like us would save a city?
Barrel: You wanna be a hero?
Gammei: That'd be cool, though we can't give you a pass on all your past crimes.
Yoshiori: N-no, shut up! Who said I would...!?
Monomasa: Heh...methinks the gentleman doth protests too much.
Furlong: Oooh that was scary...I've had enough for now...
Victom: You did great stepping up even though you were afraid. I'll tell your boss how dashing you looked today.
Furlong: Nooooo, I can't take the embarrassment!
Victom: And now you've turned back to normal now that things have calmed down...

Exio: Haha, how nice to see everyone so openly happy.
Melide: I'm glad too. A long-standing threat to the city is gone now.
Exio: True, the biggest landmine in the city has been removed. I guess it's fine to be happy about that.
Huckle: You've all done great. I may not have regained my memories...but I'd still like to praise all the new heroes who have come with us this far.
Ryekie: Hey, you did great for jumping into the deep end after becoming a hero again too. Welcome back Hopper.
Huckle: Yeah...I'm back, Justice.
MC: Case closed? That was rough...I wanna take a vacation tomorrow...

Air raid siren
Ryekie: Wait what!?
Huckle: Oh, a call from Nessen. Hello?
Nessen: Huckle, good! I finally got through! Please get away from there! They fired the HFCM!
MC: What!?
Huckle: What did you say!?
Akashi: Colonel what the hell!? I thought they weren't gonna fire because we're here and they planned to do it when no one was around!
Sadayoshi: I-I don't know! That was the original plan with it! Headquarters, come in!
No response.
Sadayoshi: Those bastards!

Barrel: Oh no, we had a plan for fighting a Monster but not against a missile!
Victom: Colonel, how long do we have!?
Sadayoshi: I can't give an estimate accurate since I can't make contact, but the HFCM was fired from the National Defense base in southern Okinawa! I've been told it's max speed is about the same as medium range ballistic missile!
Crowne: An MRBM? From Okinawa? That gives us like five minutes! We can't anywhere in that amount of time!
Kyoichi: Is running even an option!?
Mokdai: There's not much we can do without countermeasures! Aaaahh!
Sui: Are we doomed?
MC: Dammit, what can we do...?

Ryekie: I'll do something about it!
Huckle: Like what!?
Ryekie: If I VP charge my lightning, I can fly! If I can intercept and destroy the missile, then...!
Crowne: That thing's moving at almost sonic speed! You wanna fly into that!? It's a goddamn missile! How are you gonna survive blowing a missile up!?
Ryekie: But there's no other choice! It's the only thing we can do to save the city and keep our efforts from going to waste!
MC: Ryekie! / Justice...

Crowne: ...fine. I'll go with you then.
Ryekie: What? Why!?
Crowne: If the plan is blowing the missile up, you can't hack it. And if you don't have any defenses up, the acceleration to reach sonic speed will burn you because of air resistance. If I get up to the missile with a shield on, I can take it apart without setting it off. Then you won't get yourself blown up, the missile doesn't go off, win-win for everyone.
Ryekie: B-but the danger--
Crowne: Bitch, you literally just volunteered to sacrifice yourself!
Ryekie: Okay okay, you win! I'm counting on you then!
Crowne: Good! Let's do this!
MC: Crowne!? Come back alive okay!?
Crowne climbs onto Ryekie's back and looks at MC.
Exio: MC, give them all the VP. That should let them reach sonic speed.
MC: Alright, good luck...! (holds hand up to Ryekie and Crowne)
Ryekie's feet start giving off light and sparks.

Crowne: Okay, west-southwest! Fly, Ryekie!
Ryekie: Right! JUSTICE CHAAARGE! (boing)
Huckle: It's up to you two!

Sky
Crowne: Okay, call's connected! Can you see us, MC?
Crowne is calling Mokdai's phone through her hero goggles and turning on the Google Glasses camera feature.
MC: I see! Where's the missile!?
Crowne: It's currently like 100 km away, south of Cape Ashizuri! We should see it soon if we have the direction ri--oh!
Ryekie: There it is! Crowne!
Crowne: I got it! Can you get us there, Ryekie!?
Ryekie: Yep! Let's go! (zips over and clings to the missile's shell) We're here! You're up now, Crowne!
Crowne: Right! Damn, the G forces are strong even with the shield up!
Crowne touches the HFCM with her glove Parallel Weapon to instant cast Structural Analysis and send the info to her goggles.
Crowne: Analysis complete. This is gonna be tricky!
Ryekie: We're getting closer to the city! Can you stop it in time!?
Crowne: Hell yeah! 30 seconds, easy peasy! I'm gonna shift all my Parallel Weapon energy into my tools, so I gotta turn off the camera feed for a sec!
(click)

Kyoichi: She's gonna stop the missile in half a minute!? How!?
Toshu: ...we can only believe in her.
Mokdai: Oh the camera's back on! Crowne, how is it!?
Crowne: I did it, somehow! look!
Crowne turns Google Glasses camera back on, showing metal shards falling into the sea along with bits of ether crystal shards.
Crowne: Can you believe how many ether crystals they shoved into this thing? Looks like they set it up to use them to open up a Path. Man, imagine what would happen if you blew them up...
Shoen: ...yes, scary to think about.
Sui: Are we safe yet!?
Ryekie: Yep! Great job, Crowne!
Crowne: We were at the 200 km to Orient City mark when I finished. Cutting it close there, but we're goo--
Something flies by next to Ryekie and Crowne.
Ryekie: WHAT

Akashi: Wait, what!?
Huckle: No, an HFCM!?
MC: No way! Two of them!?
Gammei: What the hell is going on, Colonel!?
Sadayoshi: I-I don't know! I can't believe they made a spare missile!
Furlong: Look everyone! (points at something now visible to the ground team)
Victom: It's here already!? Crowne said she barely got the other one disarmed in time!
Yoshiori: Do we shoot it down!? Wait, no...!
Monomasa: By the time we can reach it, we'll have lost. 

Crowne: Goddammit, we can't catch up to it! It's gonna take time even if I try to redirect its flight path! I'm sorry guys, if only I was stronger...!
Ryekie: Shit, this is gonna waste everything we did to get this far! We're gonna lose Orient City!
Flashback of days in Parallel Flight.
Ryekie: I'LL NEVER LET THAT HAPPEEEEEN!!!
MC picks up on strong emotions coming from Ryekie, just like they did before when their phone showed that one super strong signal.
MC: This is just like before!
Last time used up almost all of MC's energy to execute the transformation, and it's probably going to knock them out again if they try this time. But there's no time to hesitate.
MC: Execute! Go, Justice!
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment