Friday, April 15, 2022

Valentine Fantasy Episode 1 Part 1 (Abridged)

Narration: There's a certain fantasy passed down since ancient times, which would be the faith of changelings. The legend goes that when fairies kidnap a human child, they leave behind something as a replacement. They say that this story was used as a threat against naughty children who defied their families. "You aren't our REAL child," they'd say. "The fairies took our REAL child because they couldn't have been like YOU," they'd say. Children who hurt their families or show no respect for their elders get taken to fairyland, like when they wander around by themselves at night after an argument. Suddenly the world changes to a place where the old rules no longer apply. Everywhere looks the same, and darkness covers everything. That is the perfect paradise, the land of the young, a world where One Thing has been removed, and time has stopped...

Title card
MC: Uhh, I don't think I'm in Tokyo anymore Toto.
Cait Sith: MEOW what was that!? And what's this forest? I'm getting deja vu. Feels like my home world.
MC: What? Tir na Nog?
Cait Sith: Yep, the land of the young where fairies and giants live. The deepest part is where no one goes, and it's a dangerous place where naughty children are taken. Us cat fairies don't like going there anyway...
MC and Cait Sith look around.
???: Wooo~ welcome to the scary fairy tale
MC: WHOMST (get in front of Cait Sith, sword drawn)
???: Wooo~ this is a world created to look like Tir na Nog... and it's where naughty children like you are brought to, wooo~!
Boogeyman walks up.
MC: You did this? / Created to look like Tir na Nog? / FREAK AAAAAA
(C): Boogeyman: (frown)

Boogeyman: Wooo~ I am Boogeyman. I scare naughty children straight.
MC: what / Take me back!
Boogeyman: Sorry, no can do until you've thought about what you've done. Fight with your family lately? I know. I can smell when children are keeping naughty secrets, wooo~.
MC: (Really?) / (No way!) / (OMG)
Cait Sith leans over and looks with a raised eyebrow.
Boogeyman: Hmm. You don't smell like a naughty child. What do... well I brought you in by mistake, so... Hello, this is Boogeyman, up the phone. I need you to get on and move someone out of the cyber world.
MC: wait what

No response.
Boogeyman: Is he asleep? Oh well then. Hey King of Cats, can you come with me? I can't reach the guy who can let you out, so I'll have to do something else for now.
Cait Sith: Why do you know who I am!?
Boogeyman: Rumors. I've heard of the King of Cats.
Cait Sith: Aww shucks, I'm famous!
MC: Not important right now! / What about me!? / You're ditching me!?
Cait Sith: O-oh wait, right! What about MC?
Boogeyman: They have to stay until they know what they did wrong.
Cait Sith: N-no! I can't leave them here!
Boogeyman:
Boogeyman: Is that no matter what?
Cait Sith: No matter what! Now take us both back!
Suddenly wyverns!
Boogeyman: Aww, what beautiful friendship. But no exceptions! Last chance, are you sure you won't leave them?
MC: Cait Sith, you don't need to make yourself stay I can handle this somehow
Caith Sith: No, a threat like that won't work on me! I won't leave you by yourself in a scare like this! We're friends, so I'm gonna help!
Boogeyman: ...fine. Maybe this will change your mind! Wooo~!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Prison School
Yasuyori: I hear the tiptaps of little feet! ...ahh!
Tezcatlipoca: Haha! Excellent timing, Yasuyori! Tanetomo is coming, so hide me!
Yasuyori: Are you slacking off again?
Tezcatlipoca: Yes, I was up all night talking with my ally so I had to go sleepy time all day.
Yasuyori: Oh are you talking about Balor?
The name everyone else in Prison School fears!

Yasuyori: It's nice you get along so well with him.
Tezcatlipoca: Hahaha, he's not bad! Balor isn't the king of fairy land Tir na Nog for nothing!
Yasuyori: King of fairy land sounds so cute, haha.
Tezcatlipoca: Oh, do you not know much about real fairies?
Yasuyori: what
Tezcatlipoca: They don't age or lack for anything, so they can't sympathize with pain. That makes them perfectly cruel and terrifying. Whatever damage they take can be shunted aside through the power of changelings, and that's why changelings who come back are mentally and physically damaged. Disgusting things, fairies. If you want to beat one, you have to kill it instantly, like with death eyes.
Yasuyori: That reminds me where's Instructor Balor?

Fairyland
Boogeyman: Wooo~, are you scared yet? There's lots of fairy tales with dragons in them, and they terrify children into knowing they did something bad. How long can you keep this up? Wooo~.
Cait Sith is terrible at magic so he's not much help in battle. The fairy tale dragons however are strong individually. With them outnumbering you guys, they start pushing you back.
Cait Sith: I-I won't run away! I'm the next King of Cats! I won't let you guys beat MC! Shazam!
MC: Cait Sith, run! / HELP!
Suddenly a wyvern falls over. And some of the ones nearby too, actually.
Cait Sith: Wait what!? W-wow I did it!
MC: Awesome! ...no wait
Dust kicks up from the wyverns falling over to obscure vision. Then someone else arrives.
Balor: GRANDBABY
MC: B-Balor!? / W-why are you here!? / Why'd you save us!?
Boogeyman: Oh no it's Balor! Why!?
Balor: Guhahaha, what grandpa wouldn't come save their grandkid? You can be cute and say "thank you grandpa, love you" okay?
Cait Sith: What, you're Balor's grandchild? W-WHAT
MC: Not really! / He thinks so anyway / Grandpa you're so cool!
(A) Balor: Are you playing hard to get, gahaha? That's cute.
(C) Balor: ...I DIDN'T MEAN IT
Boogeyman: The talk among fairies say King Balor's really cruel, so I'm surprised he's such a softie over his grandchild...

Cait Sith: Oh no is King Balor gonna kill me for being too disrespectful to you MC? Should I start calling you Your Highness!?
MC: Stop, we're friends! And you're the next King of Cats.
Cait Sith: R-right, I'm gonna be a good a king as Balor!
Balor: (stares at Boogeyman) You. You know who we are seeing as we have the legendary Crom Cruach serving us?
Boogeyman: Aw geez aw frick aw heck, it won't matter how many dragons I bring if I have the bad luck of going against King Balor. But I can't back down when there are naughty children who can't make things up with the people they care about. So what do I do? Hmm...

Cait Sith: Hey wait, MC said they were going to go make up with Solomon earlier when you pulled us in here! That means there's no need for that!
Boogeyman: What? Really?
MC nods.
Boogeyman: Oh...sorry.
MC: I'm not letting the kidnapping go! / Why are you doing this?
Boogeyman: What? Kidnapping? What are you talking about?
Cait Sith: Don't play dumb, you pulled us here and--
Boogeyman: ??? But this is a shelter for runaway kids who want to be honest but can't.
MC: what
Boogeyman: There's lots of kids who fight with their parents and don't go home. This place gives them a place to stay in the meantime and space to think about what they did. I made this place with a bunch of other Transients who thought that was sad. And I decided to bring you in here because you smelled like those kids too. What's wrong with that?
Cait Sith: ...
MC: EVERYTHING! Don't just throw a bag over my head and take me away! Listen to me!
Boogeyman: ????

Cait Sith: ...well, fairies are like this for the most part. Especially the ones who are newly summoned and cause a scene doing whatever they want.
Balor: So you bothered my cute grandbaby over a mistake? Did you just say you have chosen death!?
Boogeyman: ...I'm really sorry. I promise I'll make it up however I can after I get you out.
MC: Hmm... / It's fine / Wow Grandpa's scary
Balor: Take that bag off your head already, I can't hear you.
Boogeyman: ...I like this bag, but okay. *(takes bag off)* Aww, I made a tear. But is this better?
MC: Hey wait you're that teacher I saw earlier with those guys who were fighting!
Boogeyman: You saw me? Oh...you're MC from the high school section, right? I'm a teacher and janitor of the elementary school section. The high school teachers often tell me you're a naughty child who's always getting into fights.
MC: LIES / I don't know what you're talking about / Hahaha...

Boogeyman: I never knew you were King Balor's grandchild. This is a sticky situation...
Boogeyman sighs after a hard staring from behind.
Boogeyman: Fine, I'll take you back as soon as I can. Since you're planning to make up, I have no reason to keep you here.
Cait Sith smiles wryly while Balor gets smug.
Boogeyman: But like I said earlier I can't reach the guy who can let you out, so you'll need to go the regular logout way. It may be a little complicated, but you'll just have to deal with it.
MC: As long as I can leave / what do I do? / regular way?

Boogeyman: I should start explaining this world. There's this place further inside the forest, and the forest itself is a place that replicates scary fairy tales so you can reflect on your actions. The place that's further within is a Gingerbread House.
MC: Sounds familiar. What was it again?
Cait Sith: I've been wondering. This isn't the real world imitating Tir na Nog, right?
Boogeyman: Correct. It's based on a cyberworld the Crafters made. It's a kind of virtual world where only your mind self crosses over using my artifact. Don't worry about your physical body, the fairies will do a good job pretending to be you. Normally people don't notice, and you'll be able to go back when things are calm. Having a little time and space helps people understand things.
MC: But there is a case that's been noticed. So Arc must be here...

Boogeyman: ...seems like there's a lot of problems. Sorry again. The creator of this fairy tale world is here, so I promise to talk to him and improve things.
MC: Thanks...wait, him? Hephaestus?
Boogeyman: You know him? It's not just Hephaestus though. There's another creator who designed this world and gave it a sense of reality. I never thought it'd turn out like this from the rumors. Artists are amazing.
MC: I think I know who you're talking about... this goes beyond just art.

Boogeyman: But back to what I was saying. The forest and the Gingerbread House have their own purposes, putting the fear of discipline into children and then giving them a safe space. There's also an important ceremony for going home that's done at the Gingerbread House too.
MC: What's that?
Boogeyman: The children make a chocolate with their feelings in it for the one they hurt. That's the logout condition and way of going home. That's the System I have going on here.
MC: How perfect for Valentine's. Let's go!
Cait Sith: You're gonna walk? It's gonna get dark!
Boogeyman: Two reasons why that's not an issue. First, time flows differently here than in the real world. Secondly, you should know this since you're from Tir na Nog.
Boogeyman holds his hand up towards the trees, which reveals a shining path.
Boogeyman: Fairy paths. Come with me. Now make sure you don't get separated from me, because who knows where the fairies might take you, wooo~?
End of Episode part

1 comment: