Monday, August 28, 2023

Jurassic Summer Vacation Episode 4 Part 3 (Abridged)

The rest of the party is rehearsing when they notice Cipactli coming in.
Cipactli: Um...
Cipactli is worried about how the party will react, but the others come running up!

Macroich: You okay? ...well it's fine if you aren't.
Boogeyman: I have so many things to say, but first...welcome back.
Hecate: Then I'LL say them! Why didn't you say anything since we're working together to make this play happen!? Don't you trust us...?
Cipactli ends up laughing at how everyone's reactions don't include fear of him.

Hecate: WHAT
Cipactli: ...sorry, I just wasn't brave enough.
Macroich: Hey Hecate, leave it at that. Let's be happy he came back! In fact, let's stop rehearsal for today and have a party!
MC: Cool! Summer Youth™ beach party! / you just want to party don't you

Leib: What? Show time's only in a week.
Macroich: Yeah, which is why we take today off and focus in the rest of that time. Let's deepen our bonds and make the musical a great one!
Cipactli: ...I guess that's fine.
Leib: Aww, you falling in love with Youth™ or something?
MC: You are such an annoying dork / You can't let your guard down around him! / (step between Leib and Cipactli)
Welp, summer party time! Seven days remaining...

Cipactli: Let's play beach volleyball then! Leib, go join some other team I'm not on!
Leib: Nah, I'm just watching as a chaperone so--hey let go!
Cipactli wraps his tail around Leib and tosses him into the water.

Leib: I'll GET YOU FOR THIS

Later
Macroich: Boogeyman, over there!
Boogeyman: Got it! ...whoo~ I got you!
Boogeyman catches a fish with his bare hands!

Boogeyman: Oh gosh this is at least 1m long! Time to get more!
MC: WHAT / is that even edible / ooh, nice bod
Cipactli: Every fish here is delicious and nutritious!
Hecate: I'll cook!
Cipactli: You can cook? Wow, I didn't know you were so domestic.
Hecate: Rude! I'm the one who taught Barguest housework. So I get messy and careless sometimes. I can do it if I focus!
Leib: Yeah she's good. She's made food at the labs a lot before, just watch out for anything fishy she might put in.
MC: Wow. I wanna eat something you made, Hecate / Ah, because she's been forever alone...
---
(AB) Hecate: Heh, that's nothing to a lady and author like me! And since I've been single so long I've had to do these things myself...
(C) Hecate: Stop saying the quiet part out loud! I mean it's true, but still...
---
Macroich: You can cook, Hecate!? Cool!
Hecate: Oof. Don't be happy, don't be happy, he's just like that...
Boogeyman: Guys, help!
And so the party runs over to help haul in the fish.

Later
Hecate is cooking.

Hecate: Tee hee, something's gonna happen all the way out here, by the beach and away from the city. Must make some high stamina foods...
Things look good, even with the sus things she's sticking in.

Macroich: Hey Hecate, look at this rhinoceros beetle I found! Also I got mountain veggies and mushrooms down here like you told me to!
Boogeyman: I'm sorry, I tried to stop him from catching that...
Hecate: R-right, insects are edible, but most people wouldn't want to eat them...
Macroich: Oh! Sorry I wasn't thinking...
Hecate: Still, thanks for the mushrooms! This one will perk you right up.

Leib is watching.
Leib: Shouldn't somebody stop them? I don't think we should let them cook.
MC: It'll be okay. Maybe. / Hmm. Oh, I got an idea! How about we take that mushroom and go home?
Leib: Welp, how about we all sit down until food's ready? Come on, it'll be like this until night time so you may as well sit next to me.
Cipactli flops in between MC and Leib.

Cipactli: You can lie on my belly, MC! And you can use my tail to cover yourself!
Leib: Ooh, nice and cool. Zzz...
Cipactli: MC is my buddy so of course we eat and sleep together...but I'm okay with letting you join us, Leib.
Leib: So he says. Come on, MC.
The rest of the party is staring.

Macroich: Hey guys, let me join!
Hecate: I can't believe something happened between them while I wasn't looking!
Boogeyman: ...Hecate, the pot is boiling over.
Hecate: OH NO WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO

Later
Macroich: Whew, that was fun! Such is Youth™!
Hecate: I had fun too! I'd normally never be doing this at the beach.
Boogeyman: I feel like a kid again, haha.
Leib: Tomorrow is going to hurt like a bitch...
MC: Yeah, it's been a big day. Did you have fun, Cipactli? Let's do this again after the show's over.
Cipactli: I...also had fun. It's like I'm having the fun younger years I never had.
Hecate: I should be thanking you for all these experiences I'd usually never get, Cipactli. Summer is a lie to otakus like me...
Boogeyman: If I were still bummed about my administrative leave, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy all this either.
Leib: Uh guys, summer hasn't actually ended yet, you know?
Macroich: Yeah, this summer we're going to have the best musical performance of Youth™!

Everyone is lying down and looking at the starry sky. Somehow.
Cipactli: ...to be honest, I'm still not ready to stand in front of the audience as Cipactli. But I still want to show people the performance we're putting together.
Macroich: We'll respect your choices.
Boogeyman: Let me add that it's okay to be scared. Fear is what opens hearts to one another. The audience will see it when they see you perform.
MC: Just one week, huh? Kinda nerve wracking. Let's make it the best show ever!
Cipactli: Heh, I really have nothing to say to you guys!
Sea sparkles dance in the sky...which would imply it's water up there or something. Whatever, their presence blesses the rehearsal's restart.

Rehearsal!
MC and Cipactli have been called over to the lake by the wyverns dinosaurs.

Cipactli: Are they fighting again? It better not be something stupid if they asked for you to come too.
MC: What could it be? / It's probably important / It's things like that that scares them.
Wyverns dinosaurs start talking to MC and Cipactli when they get there.

Red: Here! We made soft seats for you.
Yellow: Would you like a drink, great spouse?
MC: excuse me what / uhh, thanks
Red: Oh wait did you not get that far? Then let me tell you something cool about him!
Cipactli: WHAT SHUT UP YOU

Red: Oh he's kind King Cipactli~♪ The great King Cipactli~♪ They say he was the first lizard ever~♪
The wyverns dinos crowd around Cipactli!
Blue: Did the volcano blow its top~?♪
Green: Or did the rain just stop~?♪
Purple: He'll fix it right up, like he was a wizard~♪
Yellow: Hey you sing too, Schrodinger's Gendered Spouse!
MC: Okay! / fiiiine / stop pushing!
Purple: We're big happy chappies, ready to make some flappies~♪
MC: Oh the great kind Cipactli~♪ He showed up and saved me~♪ / Oh great Cipactli~♪ He's such a big cutie~♪
(C) Cipactli: U-uh...y-you're...cute too.

Red: Good, keep it up!
Yellow: Ohhh, when I was little, he saved me from a falling tree~♪
Red: dude lame come up with something better
Yellow: But it's true!
Red: I guess. Moving on!
Purple: Ohhhh, the great and kind Cipactli~♪
Yellow: We could say exactly~♪ That his strength is his heart~♪
Cipactli: ARE YOU DONE YET
Song over, the wyverns dinos fly off!

MC: Aww, that was fun... well they weren't really afraid of you. If anything, they admired you.
Cipactli: ...but I barely ever talked to them and they never did this before. If anything's changed, it's you being here.
MC: Well, how about talking with them next time and becoming friends? We could go now to apologize for scaring them.
Cipactli: ...later. It's cold, let's go home.

Time passes in this partial Avatar ripoff except without a hamhanded director fumbling a message as MC still hasn't told Cipactli about the rest of the search party and their reason for being there!
MC: Hmm...it'd be nice to just stay like this, but I still have my orders.
Cipactli: Hi, I'm going hunting. You want fish or meat? I'll also get some nice fruit for dessert!
MC: Okay I'll wait here. Bye!
A chance to escape! Cipactli's started leaving MC alone at times now that he isn't worried about them running away as much. And well, MC hasn't chosen to run yet.

MC: why tho? would he be sad if I left? Am I falling for him...?

Suddenly a hug!
Hecate: Oh my god MC you're okay!
Leib: Lemme look at you. You hurt anywhere?
The search party is here! Leib checks MC and approves of the first aid treatment they got.

Leib: Wow, you did this yourself? Maybe you'd do good as a medic.
Hecate: I've been so worried I couldn't sleep!
Macroich: Look, they're okay just like I said! MC isn't that weak!
Boogeyman: It's still your fault MC got kidnapped.
Macroich: Oh...right. I should've done better!
MC: Sorry to worry you Hecate / Sorry for the trouble, Commander / Thank you for looking for me
Boogeyman: Well you're good and this is enemy home turf. Let's get out of here.
Macroich carries MC on his back and heads out.

MC: (I wanted to say goodbye, but sorry Cipactli. I don't want to fight you...)

Later
Cipactli: I'm back!
MC is gone! And a couple of wyverns dinos are here instead!

Red: Boss! Our bros got ganked!
Yellow: You're supposed to call him King you dumbass!
Red: NO U
Cipactli: SILENCE! Now tell me what happened and make it quick.
The 
wyverns dinos are scared!
Red: These non scaly weirdos whacked our buddies!
Yellow: Help!
Cipactli glares at the direction MC probably went off in.

End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment