Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Jurassic Summer Vacation Episode 1 Part 1 (Abridged)

Leib and MC are in Yurakucho. Someone's come to greet them!
Barguest: Hi. I'm your guide, Barguest.
MC: Hey, good luck with the job! / Yay, Barguest! / Hug!
---
(A) Barguest: Thanks, gotta make a living and feed Kenta. Make sure you graduate, MC, or--oh wait, I shouldn't be lecturing now.
(BC) Barguest: STOP! Ugh, I keep telling you to stay away.
---
Barguest: Say, I was told you'd be alone MC. So, who are you?
Leib: Their guild senpai. So, their guardian I guess.
Barguest makes a phone call.

Barguest: ...the client said okay. Follow me.
Barguest leads the two to a back alley and into the sewer.

Leib: Wait what the hell?
Barguest: Yeah, I know. We have to go this way because the client's underground.
MC: what

Barguest leads Leib and MC to a sealed door, which leads to...
Leib: wait what
MC: It's like a whole new world! There really IS a huge space underground! Looks like a nice vacation spot.
Look, Christine and Swimsuit Oscar.

Christine: Welcome, Leib, MC.
Oscar: I'm so glad you came despite how sus our invite looked!
MC: Christine! / Oscar!? / (greet them)
Christine: Oscar, why are you dressed like that?
Oscar: Getting ahead of summer! What do you think, MC?
MC: Great, sexy even! But not as hot as mine, even though it's just a dumb T-shirt and standard school looking swimsuit.
Oscar: Aww, thanks! Okay I got stuff to sell, so take care of things Christine. See you guys later maybe! (leaves)

Christine: ...please don't mind him, he's just sad and wants attention. On to business, the one who invited you is--
Cipactli: Hey wait, why are you addressing them instead of me!? Oscar is one thing, but I own this place!
Christine: Oh my, you always do try to take the best seat.
Cipactli: Ahem. I am Imix, pleasure to meet you. And like Christine, I am an actor!
MC: Big and cool! / wait have I seen you bef-- / cute lizard!
(A) Cipactli: Oh, stop!
(B) Christine: He's a star too, so probably some movie somewhere.
(C) Cipactli: Is that how you see me? Haha, that scale isn't bad either!

Leib: Right, the paper. You said you need a Tamer?
Christine: Yes, Imix has been unstable as of late.
Cipactli seems to want to say something but doesn't.

Christine: We'd like you to stop him if he flips out on stage. Without the audience noticing.
Leib: ...wait, are you saying you want us to get on stage?
Christine: Yes actually! You could pretend it's all part of the show.
MC: Cool! / OH GOD NO / ...wait what
---
(A) Leib: No, wait, MC! Think, MC, think!
---
Leib: Why didn't you write any of that down if you expected us to make that much effort?
Imix: I told you so, Christine, I told you! There aren't that many people as crazy as Oscar to go on stage without acting experience.
Christine: ...I apologize for not putting that in the paperwork, but I needed you to come here so we could discuss things.
Dramatic sigh.

Christine: Imix is truly bothered by something, hands in the air, cross my heart, hope to die. Please help!
Cipactli: Was that your plan all along? It's going to bite you back one of these days.

Cipactli: ...ahem. That said, I need you MC!
Leib: w-what
MC: Yeah, what?
Leib: You guys know each other in a past life or something? Stupid question, it's MC. Still, isn't asking us to act just a little bit much?
MC: Well...I guess I could try if you need me that much.
Cipactli: Y-you will!? Oh thank you, MC!
Leib: Uh, if you want to do it I won't stop you, but you realize I have to come along, right?
Christine whispers to Leib while Cipactli hugs MC.

Christine: Leib, doesn't getting on stage to a world where reality has no ties on you sound good? Step away from your born role and put on a persona, be who you want to be!
Leib: ...what do you know about me? Or do all actors have high level Personal Observation skills?
Christine: I've seen a lot of people while on stage. I thought you might be the same way.
Leib: Ugh, this is turning into a huge pain in the ass...but as a guardian, I'm sticking it out to the end. (looks at MC)
MC: help
Christine: I should move onto the details now. I said I want you to get on stage with Imix, but first we have problems.
Christine starts explaining...

Leib: HOLD UP WHAT

Later
Barguest brought Leib and MC back to the surface.

Leib: Ugh, do we look like a charity or something?
MC: Aww come on, don't be like that / Welp, this is our life now
Flashback!

Christine: We want you to put a cast and work crew for this event together because most of our veterans can't be here.
Leib: excuse me what
MC: Why, are they busy? / (wait for explanation)
(AB) Christine: Yes.
(C) Christine: Everyone is busy rehearsing other things.

Christine: Also, the veteran actors are afraid of Imix and that his scale is so huge his performance will overtake everyone else's and destroy their careers.
Leib: Wait, are you trying to stick me and my kouhai with some dangerous work?
Christine: It's fine, they're only afraid in the sense that all of life's a stage. We actually want non-actors to help out here.
Leib: ...what about you?
Christine sadly shakes her head.

Christine: I can supervise at most, but the main leads will be Imix and you two.
Cipactli: Sorry, I can only ever go up for performances!
Christine: That said, we do want people with courage and acting relevant wit.
Cipactli: Can you two think of anyone?
Leib: Hello I am a researcher. Who the hell do you think I talk to? We probably can't find anyone in time, so I'll have to add some conditions.
Leib looks around, then whispers to Christine and Cipactli.

Leib: If we have permission to get in and out whenever we want, then okay. I'm interested in the plants since I'm just barely a biologist.
Christine: ...I have no objections. Imix?
Cipactli: Okay! Watch out so that I don't accidentally step on you!

Present
Leib: And now we gotta find people to help us. Any ideas?
MC: Here it comes with the dumping! Uhh...Barguest?
Barguest: What? No, I can't act! ...unless you need someone to fall off the ceiling?
MC: Nope. Hmm...
Barguest: Oh right, before I forget. Your stage passes so you have a little freedom to come and go if you wear them. And if you're gonna go on stage, you'll need to learn about the stage itself.
Leib: Well they needed to give us this much at least. So what now, MC? Wanna see the stage? It'll be hard to imagine if we don't see it ourselves first.
MC: Yeah! / I love musicals actually / Next show is...
Barguest: Alright. There's a new rising star, so maybe he'll make good reference. I'd rather not be the door man for them since that's always rough.
Barguest shows a poster for I Can't Believe It's Not Jekyll and Hyde (ft. Fergus Mac Roich)!

MC: WHAT, WHEN
Leib: What, you know him?
MC: Dunno how he is as an actor or how he became one, but he might help!

Later, at the opera house
Macroich: I wanna be someone else!
So much attention

Macroich: I wanted to be a real hero, find true love. But all I had was temporary, fake love...
Some people in the balcony seats are yelling "I love you!" Macroich winks at them.

Macroich: Then some sus guy came to offer me some shady drugs.
Dr. Sus: This dangerous game can make you your ideal self, and it's okay because we're taking liberties with the source! Order now and get an unbelievable discount!
Macroich: WANT
"Noooo"s come from the audience. Macroich drinks the potion!

Macroich: URK
Dr. Sus: Drink that potion again if you want to change back! Offer void in the Republic of Ireland!
Macroich is hidden in smoke! And then he comes back out as hciorcaM.

Nega Macroich: Anything you could do, I can do now-wow♪ I can do anything you couldn't do♪
Nega Macroich: Bitches and whores♪ All the ass I could want♪
Nega Macroich: Riches and gold♪ Livin' it up because I'm not some bitch ass punk~♪
Macroich: Wow, being Fergus Hyde is awesome!
Macroich is spending more time as Hyde now, and turning back is where it hurts instead!

Nega Macroich: Hey, you know what ELSE is awesome? Kicking ass and taking names!
Nega Macroich: Blood and guts♪
Nega Macroich: Rip and tear♪
Nega Macroich: Noooo, I didn't want this!
Dr. Sus: Oh right, what was it you said you wanted? Real love? Can't you just kick ass until someone falls for you like they say they do in incel fantasies? Act now and we'll throw in a rug as a free bonus!
Nega Macroich: Gimme the potion that turns me back to how I was!
Macroich turns back.

Macroich: !!
Dr. Sus: (pulls out a mirror) But you ARE how you originally were. Call now, mirrors off 80%! We're insane selling them for this price! HAHAHA
Dramatic lights out!

Leib: Huh, he's a damn good actor actually. Life must've been hard for him, huh?
Hmm, something’s going on over at the stage. Macroich is gone apparently. Then Macroich kicks open the door to Leib and MC's seats.

Macroich: Hi MC! I'm so glad you came to watch my show! How was it? Tell me!
MC: wait WHY ARE YOU HERE / man you never change
Macroich: I saw you while I was on stage, so I just had to come over!
Leib: ...shouldn't you get back down there before there's a riot?
Macroich: Oops, are you MC's friend? Sorry I'm late, I'm Fergus Mac Roich and I'm a star here now!
Leib: Uh yeah, I’ve been watching.
Macroich: (heads to the balcony) Gotta go. Stay here and tell me what you think later!
Leib: wait are you seriously going to--
Macroich: Super jump, away!
Macroich lands in the audience area and shakes some hands on his way back to the stage.

Leib: What kind of crazy is he?
MC: Wow he's popular. He's doing great!

Later
Leib and MC go down to see Macroich after the show ends.

Macroich: Surprised to see me on stage? I've been trying out a lot of things on a journey of self-discovery after discovering my potential! Oscar recruited me one day because he knew me, and now I'm with him for the time being.
MC: Why DID you leave school to begin with?
Macroich: Oh it's not like I took time off from school because of anything bad! It's for me, and Youth™! I promise I'll talk more about that later!
Yep, he's telling the truth.

Macroich: So, why do you two have staff passes? I thought you came to see me, but apparently not?
MC: Stuff happened and now we need actors to join us. Would you...?

Macroich: Huh. I thought it seemed like Imix wasn't doing stuff as much, but I wasn't expecting that. Okay I'll help!
Leib: Well that was fast.
Still need more people!

Macroich: I can do 700 people's worth of work! ...but I know that's not happening here. We need a backend stage crew!
Leib: ...so we need to find people for that too?
MC: Oh, I know! The Creators!
Time to go to Akihabara!

End of Episode Part

No comments:

Post a Comment