Sunday, July 2, 2023

Chapter 14 Episode 11: Grand Guild Alliance 2 (Abridged)

Ah yes, the Entertainers. They made that famous student theater troupe, filled with so many acting talents and scene shifters. One such scene shifter would be Amduscias. He would always put on secret shows where he'd never show his face, being that famous Vocaloid music writer AmP. Back when giving Vocaloids personalities and making them sing were all the rage, Amduscias had a certain talent that synergized with that. And then he became famous! But then Amduscias started to worry that what he wanted to do was different from what he was able to do...
Then one day, Amduscias saw one of Gabriel's idol performances and it just blew his mind. He wanted to be a leading star like her!
Some day later

Amduscias: Mike test!
This is the day Amduscias first started performing himself, with his actual face visible. He was nervous. Would people laugh at a big lunk like him trying to be cute and shiny? But he thought about wanting to be on the same stage as Gabriel and performing with her, so he tried to imitate what she did. It didn't really go smoothly. His talent is in making others shine. Some time later, he decided he wanted friends. That lead to him meeting the Entertainers, purely by chance. So he joined, wanting people striving for the same thing he did.

Present
Invaders Mobs: Invaders, advance!
Rule Makers Mobs: Hold the line! Reinforcements are coming!
New Invaders Mobs: THIS IS TOO CRAZY
Sure is looking like hell out there for people who weren't involved in the game until now. There is no sweet release of death here, and nowhere is safe.

Invaders Mob A: We just got hit by an unknown force!
Invaders Mob B: What!? The app doesn't even label them! Who--
Entertainers admin privilege abuse! App radar Stealth mode!

Invaders Mobs: The Entertainers really ARE fighting!?
hypnotoad.wav

Invaders Mobs: Oh no, psychic damage!
The Entertainers got admin privileges because they weren't supposed to fight, so this right here is cheating.

Yurakucho
Beowulf: You Entertainers are dicks!
Christine blocks a sword with her umbrella!

Beowulf: I was supposed to have one easy job: killing the trophy to start up the next loop.
Christine: Yes, I suppose it was supposed to be.
Beowulf: And now you guys put MC somewhere I can't get to!
There are two management guilds for the game: the Yurakucho Entertainers and the Oshiage Game Masters. The Entertainers make sure the game is fun. The Game Masters make sure the game goes on. And of course, they've come to blows over conflicting goals in the past a bunch of times.

Beowulf: Christine, this isn't funny. I can't believe you're getting in our way and brought THAT thing here! (looks at King Solomon)

Christine: Wow, rude. He is a very important patron who's been watching me with the eyes of God, thank you.
Beowulf: Sure he is. No wonder your name means "the girl who gives herself to God." So, does it look like I give a damn? I'm only a Game Master so I can keep this game going and keep fighting! That's the only reason I look so questionably young! You really are trying to end the game, aren't you.
Christine: Indeed.
Beowulf: So, that makes us enemies right?
Christine: :)))))
Beowulf: On a more personal note, I heard you guys were hiding a criminal. What are you guys trying to do with Loki!?
Christine: ...allow me to correct you and say your premise of "you guys" is incorrect.
Beowulf: what
Christine: Even we Entertainers need someone else besides me to observe Him. A show needs both actors and an audience outside the stage.

Elsewhere
Loki: Aww, I wanted to play some more with you Ose, but it's time for my pickup.
Oscar: Hi Loki, how are you?
Loki: I WAS feeling great until I saw your stupid face, Oscar. Feels like my [donkey braying] got licked. I see you and your [chicken clucking] getting all big seeing me all tied up like this, asshole. So what does a criminal mastermind wannabe [dog barking] who acts like he knows everything want with me?
Oscar: Oh man, Loki you really got to watch your tongue. What if we had innocent impressionable children around? I love how you act though! So proud, so vulgar.
Loki: Stop [BEEP]ing around like you're [CENSORED FOR SENSITIVE EYES] me with [WORDS SO OBSCENE YOU WANT TO COVER YOUR EARS], thanks.
Oscar: Ha. Okay Loki, I came to take you to your front row seat. Come see my show play out! An empty audience is just so sad, and you're just the viewer I want.
Oscar holds up his cane.

Oscar: Behold my Noble Phantasm, Gearr nan Colaan! Except not really.
Ose: Hey wait, you just casted Gandr! That's a magic bullet spell instead of a stun or Quick booster!
Ose knows that courtesy of Odin as he holds where he was shot by Gandr.

Loki: Suit yourself, [REDACTED]. Does it look like I can do anything like this?
Oscar: Don't mind if I do! (rolls Loki out)
Ose: W-wait! Loki, I'm not--oof!

Later
Loki: I got a favor to ask. Could you let Ose go? I can't just leave him alone...and also I really liked seeing him suffer so I wanted to thank him.
Oscar: Wow, you've never been nice to ME like that. Don't legends say it was Odin who tied you up like this?
Loki: But I AM nice. Just to everyone but you. And I don't hate Odin, I actually like him because of the pain I had to go through. (thinks about how he had poison constantly pouring onto him)
Loki: He looked so conflicted when he sentenced me to eternal torture and it was awesome. The agony makes Ose look even brighter.
Oscar: Well okay then! I'll get that arranged, so--
Loki: Yeah yeah, I'll watch your show and roast the shit out of it. Speaking of, how do you expect me to watch it when I'm tied up like this?
Oscar: I got you front row seats! The actors have been assigned and they should be in place soon.

Yurakucho
Barong: Hey Newbie, ready for your first guild assignment?
Amduscias: C-could you stop calling me that Senpai? I'm Amduscias! I know you're a crazy awesome dancer, b-but I'm still an idol...beginner.
Barong: Maybe if you do your job good enough. Wow me, okay?
Amduscias: O-okay. I dunno what we're doing where, but we just need to stream to everyone in Tokyo, right? (sets up camera)
Barong: Yep! Your old work was awesome. You really are great at making other people shine.
Amduscias: S-stop, you're embarrassing me!
Barong: Aww, that's cute. You think you can be an idol acting like that?
Amduscias: Oof... A-anyways, who am I supposed to stream to? That'll change how I film this.
Barong: Easy! Anyone watching from outside the stage!

Broken Yurakucho
Schrodinger's Yurakucho outside Tokyo

MC: I wonder what's happening over there? Please tell me, Quantum-senpai!
Quantum: ...oh, okay tee hee. (straightens up a little)
Quantum: Okay, so. They can't see or hear anything on this side, but we can see or hear what happens there. Are you able to receive radio waves? That's standard for Utopia.
MC: I'm a human so no, but I do have a phone!
MC: I can't send anything, but I can pick things up!
Quantum: They can't observe us, but we can observe them.
MC: (thumbs through Not YouTwitch)
Amduscias: Mike test! Is this working?
MC: Wait, what channel is this? ...t-the Entertainers!?
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment