Saturday, July 8, 2023

Chapter 14 Episode 15: The Show Must Go On 3 (Abridged)

The Arakawa Wanderers is a guild of people with no home base and no need of a home base. The powers their members possess are varied, like the one who has a misfortune magnet, the one with super jumping, and the one with earth swimming. Their roles however tend to be in the same class of wanderers, drifters, and homeless, and this sets tends to make their powers have the traits of being slippery and hard to catch. They mainly gather around Arakawa in Adachi Ward, which is close to Rule Makers territory. The Rule Makers keep trying to catch them, but the Wanderers keep slipping through their fingers.

Present
Pazuzu: Sooo, thanks again Wanderers!
The group has gotten away from the Chiyoda-Chuo border.

Pazuzu: We were able to escape with our guildmaster because of you guys.
Gurangatch: It's okay. I'm glad you relied on me so much!
Pazuzu: I'm still surprised you dug through the ground like it was water.
Gurangatch: Oh, did I not show you my artifact?
Hastur: You are oddly friendly...huh? Have we met before?
Pazuzu: He's that student lifeguard from the Tokyo Fire and Disaster Management College!
Hastur: what
Pazuzu: That one school where firefighters and lifeguards go to. We worked with them once for an anti-bioterrorist training drill one time, remember?
Hastur: Was that the one where a student got spanked by a teacher?
Gurangatch: That sounds like Ulaanbatar when I was there. Raven does that every time he cuts class.

Pazuzu: Still, I didn't know you were a Wanderer, Gurangatch. I'm glad I got your phone number back then!
Hastur: You have no standards when it comes to reptiles
Pazuzu: Oh my god are you jealous???
Hastur: NO! ...I will however credit you all for helping Yuma. Why are you here anyway?
Gurangatch: ...looking for the lost and missing is one of my jobs, so I came here. They're important to us, even if they're out of work. We lost track of them, then Barguest called me over.
Hastur: what???
Barguest: Sorry, I got something to talk about before getting into that. First, that thing I asked you to look into.
Pazuzu: Yeah, I looked at it earlier while Yuma was out.
Barguest and Pazuzu bring That Thing out.

Yuma: A sword with an arm attached?
Hastur: A tail wrapped around a sword?
Yuma and Hastur: wait what

Hastur: Yuma that is clearly a tail...and it looks like one of…HIS tentacles now that I look closer.
Pazuzu: Welp, I knew it'd look different depending on who was looking. It's like the autopsy the Outlaws wanted me to do the other day. Also this thing is still connected to someone alive...or I guess missing? (palpates arm)
Barguest: ...what
Pazuzu: The person this arm belongs to is in another dimension that we can't percieve. I've seen something like this before. When Transients lose their roles, they disappear and drop their artifacts. Artifacts are basically part of a Transient's body, and it still living on after they leave is the same idea.
Surprised Wanderers!
Pazuzu: But you said this arm is from a Tokyo native human, and I've never heard of what happens to a native losing their role before...
Concerned Wanderers.

Pazuzu: Oh right sorry, this is kind of a lot to suddenly drop without context, huh?
Gurangatch: Not that.
Pazuzu: ?
Gurangatch: The Wanderers guildmaster disappeared the same way.
Pazuzu: What?

Yurakucho
Beowulf: UGH
Remember how Ahura Mazda joined Christine in fighting Beowulf? Beowulf's starting to get pushed back now.

Beowulf: So I'm finally sure you guys did something to MC, Entertainers!
Christine: Well yes, we knew you'd come after MC since it's the easiest way to continue the game.
This game is based on majority rule. The World Representatives are fighting for the trophy MC, and corralling their various ideas and beliefs into one banner is hard. There is one sure way to restart the game: damaging the trophy. If that happens, the fighting in the current loop becomes pointless and the World Representatives' majority agree to start over.
Now we have the Game Masters, the guild focused on keeping the game running. Things can be destroyed and people can die, but if things loop back it'll revert to how it was before. So, they make use of it and Beowulf was sent to make it happen this time.

Beowulf: You guys put the trophy somewhere where they're maybe alive maybe dead! And you did it with admin privilege to take their role! Right!?
Entertainers mobs come in!

Beowulf: Goddammit!
Wyrm: REEEE
Beowulf: What!?
Wyrm is gone now, and their tail is left behind.

Beowulf: You protected me, Wyrm!
Christine: We removed them the same way we did MC. So, are you stopping or--
Someone suddenly swoops in and flies away with Beowulf!

Christine: ...oh. Wasn't that one of the Game Masters...?
Above

Beowulf: Oh, piss off Raven!
Raven: You were getting your ass kicked and had to run, Beowulf. Even a child could have seen that. Must I spank your ass too?
Beowulf: Urk!
Raven: We must return to Tokyo Babel Tower.

Later
Pazuzu: Oh. So your guildmaster was invited out and disappeared too?
Hastur: FOOLS! How dare they try to take my huma--
Yuma: (stares)
Hastur: I-I mean! I do not mean it like that, Yuma!
Barguest: ...we've been up against the Rule Makers for a while, but this is the first time we've been in this position.
Gurangatch: We're good at disengaging and shaking people off, but now our regular contact is gone...
Barguest: There's one difference compared to before. The Rule Makers's ally...
Yuma: ...the Entertainers?
Yuma: >:(
Pazuzu: Right. It seems like they might be behind the Asakusa Taoshis guildmaster being missing too.
Barguest: ...and MC. Of course we'll suspect the Yurakucho guild being involved in the missing incident.
Pazuzu: Welp, our goals are the same then! So Guildmaster, what do we do?
Yuma: Pazuzu, Hastur, I...
Hastur: Fear not, I am with you, human!
Yuma: ...thank you. The Ueno guild will ally with the Arakawa and Asakusa guilds.
Pazuzu: Okay! Off to Yurakucho. We're joining the grand guild alliance and taking back the missing guildmasters!
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment