Thursday, July 27, 2023

Jurassic Summer Vacation Prologue Part 1 (Abridged)

Transients, how do they work? That's the question the Ueno Beast Tamers are researching in the biological sense. They're a guild of Beasts who can't control their powers and Tamers who buddy up to keep them under control.
Ueno

Krampus: (rings bell) Hello? I came to see Beast Tamer MC?
Krampus is talking into an intercom. Someone comes running shortly.

Alp: Hi, Krampus-senpai, right?
Krampus: Yeah, uh...
Alp: I'm Alp, MC's buddy! Everyone's waiting when they heard MC's friend would be coming! Their room's this way! (pushes Krampus over)

Alp: Ta-da! I brought Krampus-senpai!
Krampus: Haha, your buddy's perky, MC.
MC: Welcome, Senpai. He's just like that. Introduction time!
Yuma: Furry...I'm Yuma, the Beast Tamers guildmaster.
Cu Sith: I'm Cu Sith, MC's friend!
Krampus: I'm Krampus from the Santa School, nice to meet you guys...hey, MC?
MC: Okay so I was talking with them and then--
Alp: Oh no, are we third wheels!? Sorry...
Krampus: No, it's cool. Hardly anyone gets in my personal space so much for a first meeting, but I'm okay with it. It's better to have a crowd for this!
Yuma: If you are MC's friend...then I'm not too scared.
Alp: Yeah we have even bigger freaks! Like the work dumper who nags you next to your bed!
Krampus: what
MC: Dead panda walking :)))

Alp: OH NO hey I didn't say anything okay?
Krampus: ...so this is the Therian dorm, right? It's not a totally furry dorm?
Alp and Cu Sith: gasp!
Krampus: Like, MC you live here. And Yuma to--
Alp and Cu Sith: GASP!
Krampus: W-what, was I not supposed to say that?
Yuma: It's okay...I'm not the only walking mystery now that MC is here too.
Alp: Yeah I dunno how, but MC is my temp buddy and got permission to live here!
Yuma: An exam found that MC isn't definitively human.
Alp: Also Leib talked it over to convince people MC can control my power. It's a temp thing until we find someone with a better match, though.
Krampus: Leib?
MC: Cu Sith's buddy. He calls everything a pain, but he's trusted and reliable.

Krampus: Huh, maybe I should say hi if I see him.
Alp: MC and I go together perfectly! We can stay together, and MC can stay in the dorm that way!
Yuma: ...I like having MC here too. What if they became my buddy instead of Alp's?
Alp: NOOOO
Krampus: Okay cool, you're making friends MC.
MC: Welp this is my home now. I had nowhere to go and they took me in, like family.
Krampus: Oh, that's good. I brought the DVDs you asked for and some other stuff.
Cu Sith: Yay, can we watch too? I've started getting into toku shows.
Krampus: Nice! I recommend this one. The toku kaiju Cipactli! He's so cool with his El Dorado motifs, and the effects look so realistic.
MC: Sudden headache! / Hmm... / Oooh!

Krampus puts in the DVD.
Cipactli: RAWR
Yuma and Cu Sith: AAAAA
Krampus: Wasn't that awesome!?
Cu Sith: Y-yeah...he scared me.
Yuma: He'd need a Tamer like Jambavan if he were really here in Tokyo...
MC: He was so cool! / Cute lizard! / That WASN'T a kaiju movie...?
(AC) Pazuzu: (zooms in) Hi guys, watcha watching?
(B) Pazuzu: (zooms in) DID SOMEBODY SAY CUTE LIZARD

Pazuzu: Show me this big lizard I heard!
Alp: AHH! Omg Pazuzu your reptile radar!
Pazuzu: Do you realize how old and flimsy this place is? I could hear you from the basement!
Suddenly Hastur!
Hastur: Pazuzu you have no standards! Have some consideration for me!
MC: Pazuzu, sit by me! / Wanna join us, Hastur? / are you jealous
(A) Pazuzu: Ooh, thanks MC! I always wanted to watch a movie with a friend in something besides a dedicated theater room.
Hastur: I'll sit on the other end, away from MC.
Alp: MC's my buddy so next to them is my spot, tee hee!
(B) Hastur: Back off! Do not infect me with your terrible sleeping patterns! Ugh, and I was looking forward to having a new human around. Why must everything be so strange? Like my partner being a degenerate fiend.
Pazuzu: Aww, you're cute when you act embarrassed. It's fun breaking down the tough fronts of people who won't be open.
(C) Hastur: I WILL GIVE YOU THE SLOWEST ACTING PLAGUE I KNOW
Pazuzu: Now now, it's my fault for getting excited, but don't antagonize him too much. And Hastur, I know how you feel! You protest all the time but--
Hastur: Silence, you!

Somehow everyone fits into this tiny ass old school Japanese-style dorm room.
Hastur: How can you all stand to be so close to me besides Pazuzu!? You could all die!
Krampus: U-uh, isn't this too crowded?
Pazuzu: Hey are you holding the lizard in the movie!?
Krampus has a figure in his hands.

Krampus: Yeah, it's an action figure of Tokusatsu Kaiju Cipactli. The tail can move!
Pazuzu: Ooh! Maybe I should by one for my lab desk.
Krampus: I got several to keep and look at like a good nerd, so you can have one.
Pazuzu: Wow, thanks! I almost never get gifts!

Pazuzu leaves and comes back a few moments later.
Pazuzu: Might be weird for payback, but have a 1/20 model of my lizard. I was very particular about the details in the commission and--
Hastur: NOOOO don't give that to him!
Pazuzu: But you okayed it to give your bugs something to worship.
Krampus: ...should I turn it down?
Hastur: You dare prefer that toku kaiju over me!?
Krampus: (I CAN'T WIN)
MC: Gimme, please! / Wow, it's so lifelike! Like here and-- / Get another room, you two!
---
(A) Pazuzu: Wait, I didn't give you one already? I must rectify this immediately!
(B) Hastur silences MC with a tentacle.
Hastur: I can strangle you so easily, you know?
(C) Pazuzu: Whoops! Well you know how it goes when you talk about things you like.
Krampus: Yeah, same. It's cool.
---
Yuma: Everyone's having fun...I'm glad.
Cu Sith: Let's start the movie over since Pazuzu and Hastur came in.
Alp: Okay! I wasn't watching since I was busy talking.

Later
Hastur: Cipactli called that a rampage? Amateur. I could destroy the world even quicker!
Pazuzu: Yep, you're the best!
Yuma: You're strong, Hastur, but that kaiju's scale is amazing.
Hastur: Yuma, you think that highly of him...!?
Yuma: It looked to me like he wasn't just throwing his weight around. Like he represents how things happen because something's in the world.
Pazuzu: Hmmmm. I got the same feeling. Subliminal message?
Everyone's talking about their thoughts on the movie in the dining room.

Krampus: Uh, is it really okay for me to eat here?
Cu Sith: Yeah! I called Leib and he said okay.
Pazuzu: Yep, he'll okay anything that doesn't require effort on his end.

Suddenly Leib!
Leib: Bleh. Heard my name. You guys badmouthing me?
Alp: N-nope! We were totally just talking about how nice you were?
Cu Sith: Alp, that's true but you make it sound so sus...
Look, Jambavan and Fenrir too!

Fenrir: Hmm. A new personage?
Jambavan: Oh, are you MC-senpai's friend?
Krampus: Yeah, um, I'm Krampus. Nice to meet you.
Jambavan: I'm Jambavan, nice to meet you.
Fenrir: I am the Dark Ravenous Wolf. Or the Mighty Howl. Call me whatever you please.
Leib: ...he's Fenrir. And I'm Leib. You've probably heard of me already. I hear you're good friends with MC. Keep that up, yeah?
MC: Hi guys / Stop acting like my dad! / UGH, why are you like that?
(B) Leib: Haha, can't have you suffering in my wake. Kidding.
(C) Leib: ...I'll spank you too if I have to.

Fenrir: How dare you come together for a banquet of madness and blood without us!
Jambavan: Um, he says he's jealous you're all having fun.
Jambavan, edgelord to Japanglish translator!

Alp: We watched a DVD Krampus brought!
Fenrir: HOW DARE
Krampus: I brought a bunch you guys can borrow if you want. Hope you guys like toku too!
Yuma: It was fun! How about we all watch one together next time?
Fenrir: If the guildmaster wills it, so be it.
Jambavan: Thank you!
Leib remembers something now.

Leib: Oh right, a work request came in for you, MC.

Letter: One of our Transient actors is acting up and we can't stop him, so we want to ask MC for help.
Yuma: The Entertainers sent this? I'm worried...
Pazuzu: Is this about the urban legend of the sewer crocodile? We went over the other day to look into it.
Hastur: We looked everywhere and found nothing!
Jambavan: Um, I heard a rumor about another urban legend. One about a giant underground cavern under Tokyo. They might've made it for an underground shelter but stopped? Now there's monsters or mad science happening down there.
...

Alp: Wait, does that mean I have to share MC!?
Leib: Maybe if it comes to it. I'm good with having people multitask if they can. If MC's the best for handling it, then MC should be that guy's Tamer.
Alp: Noooo!
MC: Alp... / I wanna stick with Alp too! / You don't have to be my buddy to be special
(B) Leib: Wait, don't you flip out too. You'll still be with him.
(C) Alp: But...

Leib: Alp, remember what I said when you first came here? We're a group of Beasts and Tamers, and we'll let any pairing happen if necessary.
Alp: (gulps and nods) ...I know. If MC's gonna buddy up with someone else, then I have to make sure they fit!
Leib: ...god you are so difficult. But it's true there's some things you gotta see for yourself. Like it's weird how this thing asked for MC specifically.
MC: Yeah, hmm... guess I have to go see.
Leib: Eh, don't worry too much. Since you're new, I'll come along to teach you how it goes. Pazuzu, you take care of Cu Sith in the meantime.

Pazuzu: Sure. And Leib, you sure are being overprotective today.
Cu Sith: OMG Leib is choosing to work!?
Leib: ...shut up, I do work too sometimes.
Hastur: I support this!
Leib: Anyways it's too dangerous for you to go alone. If anything happens, I'll handle it.
MC: Ooh, Senpai!
Cu Sith: Hmm...something's up with Leib to be doing thi--
Krampus: Umm...was I not supposed to hear any of all that?
Leib: ...eh, it's fine. But if you do talk, then--
Krampus: I won't, promise!
Leib: Kidding. But serously, don't talk, thanks.
Several days later

Leib: Welp. Time to open Pandora's box now, yeah?
End of Episode half

1 comment: