Saturday, July 15, 2023

Live A Hero Chocolate Festa Memories Episode 7 (Abridged)

[I'm okay, I just have terrible self-control and have been sitting on some other entertainment I couldn't make myself put down]

Suhail: Kick their asses, people! Pirate Cheer Special!
Suhail points his megaphone at the party, sending waves of light that boost them!

MC: Nice Suhail! Guys, get ready!
Procy: A villain cheering for me is WEIRD, but never mind that now! Space Bancho Punch!
Procy fires punch shockwaves!
Monster Birds: Cheep cheep! (blasted off)
Phein: ...wow, Suhail. You buffed up Procy's fists.
Anna: Like whooooa! You two are SO COOL! ...wait, hold up. Weren't the Monsters attacking us? Why are they running? Phinny, let's go after them!
Phein: Right, we can't leave them be. I will draw the remaining...huh?
Phein looks around and notices the birds all flying towards the same place.

Phein: What...?
Suhail: Are they gathering somewhere? Huh. Well it makes blowing them all up at once easier!
Phein: Suhail, wait! Something's wrong! MC, keep watching!
MC: Over there...wait!

The birds are gathering around the chocolate machine Procy brought!
Procy: WHAT? Hands off, I need that for business!
MC: Procy, what's in the machine? It must be attracting the Monsters!
Procy: Uhh... I was told the machine reads a person's surface thoughts and uses high purity ether to make chocolate. I dunno how that works.
MC: Ether? Is that why?
LAH Christmas 1 flashback!

Anna: Uh, i-isn't ether, like, everywhere?
Procy: Yeah, ether crystals have pretty high ether purity...
Phein: Think later! Stop birds now before they cause more damage!
Lots of birds flying around tearing up boxes and wrappings!

Bird Monsters: (angry tweeting)
The party readies to fight! The birds respond by eating all the other chocolates and flying back up!

Anna: You are all SO going down for all this! Like, how dare you hurt my friends and guests! Oh right, guys don't forget to take a breath when you can! Especially you two, Pro-Pro and Phinny! You're our frontliners!
Anna casts Heal!

Procy: Thanks, Anna. We gotta be ready if the enemy is acting funny!
Anna: I'm glad if it helps! Okay EmmySees, ready to go!
They nod.
MC: Right, let's go!
Phein: Anna, MC...
Suhail: Ha, they got guts!
Phein: ...why? Why do they walk in even though they know it's dangerous? It's not a place for children or Observers.
Suhail: Ha, are you STILL on that? Those two can say what they think to my face and stand brave in front of Monsters! You call that weak? (points at MC and Anna)

Phein: ...
Those without power are those to be protected, but Phein can see in their faces they aren't the weak to be protected.
Procy: ...Phein, you're right it's a hero's job to protect the weak. Like, there's only so many of us heroes and Operators compared to civilians who don't have any power. But it's thanks to their support and VP that we can fight. Everyone helps in their own way. Not one of us is helpless to do anything!
Procy crosses his arms and looks at Phein. He looks determined.

Procy: We may have gone down different paths since that day...but we've turned out surprisingly similar.
Phein: But...I couldn't protect the weak. I couldn't protect my brother...you don't understand. The only reason I fight is to make it up to Mirzam...
Procy: Stop looking back and blaming your life on your brother!
Phein: !?

Procy: If you're actually down for using your life for all it's worth, stop looking so damn sad! You got a wish and became a hero, so stand up and get ready to rock up! ...wouldn't your brother want to see you like that? What kid would admire a hero who's always looking down?
Phein: Procyon...
Procy: You and I are alike, so there are things I get. Like, I get how you think it sucks to be weak...I used to think the same thing and made decisions for someone else. For their own good and all that junk...which is why I never really got what you or Besse said that day until now. I have my ideals...but I've learned they aren't everything from some crazy ass heroes. (looks at the rest of the party with a little smile)
MC: Procy... / Would you like to add insane to that
Suhail: Ha! Look at you, tryna be cool Procy. I like that tho! My old friend wanted to know too! He asked me why people always seemed to have a few screws loose. And I say that's what makes us people! Don't sweat the small stuff, but if I'm to lead my boys I gotta show 'em how it's done myself! ...oh wait, the Monsters are moving again! (looks up)
Suhail: I'm going on ahead, losers! MC, keep your eyes on me! (charges in waving his weapon)
MC: Don't go too crazy! / Get 'em Captain!

Phein: Showing it himself? ...what can I show Mirzam myself now?
"He wouldn't have died if I were strong enough." "Weaklings like Mirzam can't do anything, so I have to protect them." The thoughts that bound him for years float up, and Phein looks at his damaged suit.

Phein: If I were to show myself to Mirzam like this...
Anna: Phinny, OMG! I had something I wanted to say! So like, remember what your brother said?
Phein: How could I ever forget?
Flashback!

Mirzam: Big Bro...thanks...for always...I'm...sorry...
Present

Phein: He never got it all out, but what else could it have been for a failure like me?
Anna: I'd be super happy if I had a brother like you! Didn't you, like, work SO hard every day to support him? He'd, like, never hate you! Words can be a way of communicating things, just like dancing! Didn't what he want to tell you get across?
MC: Anna! I need you to heal Suhail!
Anna starts running to Suhail.

Anna: Gotta go, Phinny! Su-Su, I gotchu!
Suhail: Heh, I'm good, but you're a funny one to come help me. Thanks Anna!

Phein starts thinking back on what his brother said, words he repressed coming back to him.
Mirzam: Big Bro, thanks for always protecting me.
Present

Phein: ...Mirzam. Did you really not hate me? I couldn't give you a happy life, or lots to eat.
Procy: (puts a hand on Phein's shoulder) ...how ya doin'?
Phein: I...I suffered. I starved. I wondered why all that happened to us...why it all happened to me. But...Mirzam still looked happy, looked hopeful for tomorrow. I felt happy...not everything was bad.
MC: ...Phein, tell me again.
MC is looking at Phein while carrying on with operating.

MC: What's your dream? What did you wish for when you became a hero?

Phein: ...I wanted to protect my brother. Even if I ended up not having the power to fight, I wanted to make him happ--oh. I wanted him to have a happy life...
Phein looks down. His voice shakes.

Phein: ...I always thought the weak couldn't do anything. I never had an answer as to whether the weak could live happily after being protected from danger.
Phein takes a deep breath and looks at MC and Procy.

Phein: I've wondered whether there was any point to protecting people...but I was wrong. I have to accept that the weak...that Mirzam lived happily even if they couldn't fight or do any more than what one person could do... I should protect things so that there can be a place to be happy, not for forgiveness.
Phein looks at his suit, then grips his weapon again.

Phein: Mirzam was happy. Happy to be born my brother, and happy to be with me.
Digivice noises!
MC: My phone...this must be your real wish. Let's make it happen together!
Phone: Path updated. Subject: Phein. Connectivity: Very High. Connect?
MC: Okay that's new. Here we go!
FLASH
Phein's suit is whole!

Phein: WHAT

Title Card: Bitter Sweet Memories

Phein: This is...what my suit is supposed to look like. MC, you've found my true dream form.
MC: It's the dream you had. I just saw it.
Phein: My dream...oh. I've only wanted one thing, but I've misunderstood something badly this whole time. Procy, I'm sorry I--
Procy: Holy shit, cool suit partner! (grabs Phein's shoulder)
Phein: ...heh. Are you just saying that?
Procy: Shut up! But yeah, I gotta be a bit straight with you.
Phein: I'd never imagine that coming from the old you... you really have changed.
Phein looks up and takes a breath.
Phein: I need to change too. For Mirzam. The weak--everyone really--have a right to live happily. I will protect anyone who has their own happiness and a home. I want to believe Mirzam wanted me to be like that. (looks at MC)
Phein: MC, there's something I have to say to you...you can't face off against Monsters alone. But...you aren't weak. I will protect you on the field, so rest assured and fight beside me.
MC: ...yeah!
Phein nods. His way is clear.

Procy: Okay, let's get back to kicking ass! Don't fall behind, Phein!
Phein: You neither. Let's go!
Phein and Procy run over to Anna and Suhail.

Suhail: Took you dopes long enough! You finally bring your asses over right when I'm about to blow these birds up to bits! Oh, Phein, nice suit! Looks better than how it was before!
Anna: Phinny, your suit is like SO awesome now! We got those Monsters in the bag now!
Phein: Leave it to me. This suit feels better than it did before. I won't lose to anyone. (readies to fight)
Procy: Doesn't look like they'll make it easy. Careful MC! That bird's acting weird, it must be the main body!
Phein: ...is it calling the others!?
Bird Monster: SCREEE
The birds start converging around the big one!

Suhail: Hey MC, they're gathering around that big one. Reminds you of that time in Raidark too?
MC: Yeah. / Are they fusing together!?
Suhail: Sure things are different, but whatever happens can't be good.
Anna: Wait, is it gonna like evolve!? We gotta stop it before it wrecks even more things!
Procy: MC, I know we won't have time to wait for them, but put out an emergency alert to other heroes!
MC: Okay, let's do what we can!

MC puts out a Monster outbreak alert call for help!
Suhail: What, more heroes are coming? Then let's beat them all down now!
Suhail pumps his fist. The smaller birds start glowing.

Procy: What!?
Suhail: Wha...Guys! MC! Get ready, it's coming!
The boss bird gets bigger and flaps its wings! It screams really loudly!

Suhail: RAAAAH
Suhail blocks with his own screaming! The school windows start cracking!

MC: WHAT / OMG CAPTAIN!

Phein: I can't believe he yelled the attack off!
Anna: Su-Su you can do that? AWESOME!
Procy: Stop being impressed! Yeah he saved us, but focus on that Monster!
Procy points at the bird kicking up winds with its flapping.

Procy: It's fully evolved if it can physically interact with things here! The civvies will be in danger if it attacks the school! And who knows how much damage it'll do if it flies away!
The party readies to fight!
Suhail: That birdbrain actually blocked my voice. This is getting fun! Also, that thing still might have taken my memories, so I'mma take EVERYTHING it's got for picking a fight with me!
Anna: I won't let it get away with taking my friends' memories! You're not gonna ruin this festival or their feelings!
Phein: ...Procy, MC. Careful of the minions' attacks while we strike the boss. Protecting everyone is all I can do, so let's crush it before things get worse. Let's go! I won't look away anymore!
Procy: I've been waiting for you to say that! Welp, can't lose as chief now! I got a fire sale on these fists in your face today!
MC: Dunno how this'll go, but careful everyone! Begin the operation!
The party charges in, with the gang leader and pirate captain up front.

Procy: Say hello to the Space Bancho vanguard!
Suhail: Come at me, Monster! See my leader's will for yourself!
BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment