Saturday, May 20, 2023

Road to Guild Dispatch Part 1 (Abridged)

One day
MC: OH NO I'M LATE
bump

MC: Wait did I just hit someone?
???: ow
MC: Sorry, I didn't see you. Are you one of our elementary school students?
She wasn't seen earlier, so therefore she must be small.

Quantum: ...oh, so this is how you see me. (looks at hands like it's the first time she's seen them)
MC: what / OMG CUTE
---
(C) Quantum: ...did you just say cute and not pitiful? Thank you...
---
Quantum: Hey, who are you and where do you belong to?
MC: MC Fullname from Shinjuku High.
Quantum: Oh.
Westminster Chimes.wav

MC: Oh no I'm late! Bye!
Quantum: (stares)

Later
MC: Okay that was a lot of running. The calm before the storm? Wasn't expecting all those guilds to...
Something is happening in Tokyo...
Rainbow Bridge
One of the Invaders' secret hideouts is here and almost all currently known affiliated World Reps are meeting here.

Temujin: Fuxi, why did you call me here?
Fuxi: Oh, I thought you'd have an idea already with us all here.
Fuxi points at a guild alliance form on the table. It allows for forming guild alliances and temporary guild transfers.
Fuxi: I've seen many of these forms go to my sister lately, and they all clearly want her to spend time with them!
Smoky God: So they're just like you, haha. What do you think, Shinya?

Shinya: Um, so we're going to invite MC to join us too? Sounds good. So Far from what I've seen, everyone looks scary but there's nothing dangerous hiding away.
Fuxi: You agree? Okay, what does everyone else think?
Perun: I welcome the opportunity to make MC our guild's manservant. I agree.
Smoky God: I have problems with that term, but yes I agree too. I'll go invite them since I won't make them uncomfortable.
Gasps!

Temujin: No, we'd be bringing them to the guild, not to you. If we're to give them the suspicious treatment, then I can look after them in my bedchambers.
Perun: Calm down, you two.
Smoky God: What if we played Pick Me and let MC decide who they want to go with? That'd be fair.
Temujin, Perun, and Fuxi: ...
Temujin and Perun remember how badly they parted with MC.

Perun: ...let's not start fighting each other here.
Temujin: Right, MC must come here first before we decide all that.
Fuxi: Great! I'll send them the form.

Later
Shinjuku Academy
Lots of guild forms today again.

Shirou: Wow, so many people want to ally with you.
Ryouta: Oh, oh! This one's offering an all you can eat welcoming party!
MC: whoa
Kengo: Guys what the hell is all this guild alliance stuff?
Shirou: The game managers put up a notice that formal guild alliances will be in soon. They'll help both guilds and let members temporarily transfer around, even the guildmaster.
Kengo: Yeah, but all of these are listing MC specifically for some reason!
Shirou: Yeah, at least some of these are personal instead of political.
Moritaka: GASP
Touji: What's wrong?
Moritaka: N-nothing! Hahaha... (hides something in his pockets)
Shirou: Still, this is a good chance for the guild and for you, MC. We're still small as a group, and you can go expand your perspectives. I can fill in for you, no worries.
MC: Won't you be sad while I'm gone? / Kengo seems like he'd be really down about me going
(AB) Shirou: Of course I'd be sad!
(C) Kengo: Shut up! ...not that you'd be wrong. Don't worry, I'll look after Four Eyes.
Shirou: You better be ready if I'm subbing in for guildmaster.

Shirou: Anyways, I think you can decide where to go personally. We'll support whatever you do.
MC: Thanks. I'll have to think about this...
Kengo: Cool! I'mma vet some of these papers for you then.
Shirou: Actually you have extra classes to go to, don't you? I'm coming with.
Kengo: Pffft, who cares about that for tod--HEY stop pulling on my shirt!
Shirou: Okay see you guys at lunch. :))))
Kengo: HELP ME
Ryouta: Welp they're gone. I guess students are supposed to be studying and all.
Touji: Any interesting offers, MC?
MC: Uh...
Random picking!

Shino: "Dear MC, the spring reminds me of you. I wish to exchange vows with you and have reached out to you. I await your favorable response. From the Hakkenshi plus Shino"
Everyone stares at Moritaka

Ryouta: HE'S STEALING YOUR SCHRODINGER'S GENDER SWEETHEART
Moritaka: No no, it's not like that! He just heard about the endless guild invites and had me send an invitation too. I'd also be happy if you joined the Hakkenshi MC...
MC: Me? Well I can come by at least.
Moritaka: We'll always welcome you!

Next form!
Benten: "Hey MC, it's banger season! I'm gonna kick ass in the next battle of the bands, and I'll need you for that! You'll never hear the end of it if you don't say yes! Benten and the other bandmates"
MC: Oh my god??? I guess I'll stop by...uh, something's on the back.
Ifrit: "She gon blow up if you don't come. HELP ME - Ifrit"
MC: Welp. I'll be sure to go. Maybe.
Touji: ...this is a bit much since the update is meant for guilds.
Ryouta: Hey MC, what do you think of other schools and guilds? I mean, nothing weird by that. You didn't have any other choices at first, but I'm wondering a little about that now...
MC: Well I've thought about it, but I'm glad I met you all by coming here.
Ryouta: ...hehe, thanks. I was a little worried you'd jump ship when I heard about this. I mean, even Moritaka sent you a form.
Moritaka: N-no I was put up to this!
Ryouta: Haha, I know. I'm feeling better now though.
Touji: ...just to remind you, you don't need to worry about us MC. Do what you want to.
MC: Thanks guys.

Later, outside
Kids: Bye, Mr. Boogeyman!
Boogeyman: Bye! Aww, they're so cute.
Quantum: Bye, Teacher.
Boogeyman: By--wait, did we have someone like you? It feels like we do and we don't?
Quantum: Mr. Boogeyman, do you know MC?
Boogeyman: The high schooler MC? They're in that building.
Quantum: Okay. You look scary, but you're nice.
Boogeyman: W-wait, where'd she go? I just took my eyes off for a second and she's already gone.

Later again, front gates
Old Man Sus: They're here, right? Now where are they?
The old man notices someone.

Tianzun: Hey you! I'm looking for someone. Do you know where they are?
The cat girl is surprised at being addressed directly.

Quantum: Me? I'm sorry, that was a surprise. Oh...I'm looking for them too. That way.
Tianzun: Oh, thanks! Wow they're famous. This must be fate. Want to go together?
Quantum: It's right there, but okay.
The old man is sus, but he can see her clearly so the girl feels unconsciously compelled to agree.

Classroom
MC is staring at the stack of guild papers.

Solomon: Master we're finally alone! Wow that's a lot. Tee hee, you're so popular. I'll help you pick something!
MC: Thanks! Okay, let's take a look...
Here's one in a fancy envelope.

Fuxi: "SIIIISTER! You're always cute, no matter when it is. Hey, we should go watch the cherry blossoms together. I made something to go with riceballs! Please respond, from your only brother in the world"
MC: Yay! / Isn't this supposed to be guild business??? / (rip)
(C) ripping noises

Solomon: Wow.
Oh look another one.

Perun: "Dear Lord Servant. It's spring and I don't need to clear the snow anymore. Now that I'm bored, I can entertain your presence and waste all sorts of luxuries on you -- Perun, written by Volkh"
MC: Rude / Guild business, hello??? / Damn, Volkh...
This letter has been crossed out a lot and edited into something more polite.

MC: You could stand to throw out the servant bit too you know / Are any of these real guild invites? / Well what did I expect of everyone...?
Solomon: I-it'll be okay! (ears twitch) Oh, someone's here! And after we finally got some time together!

Two people walk in.
Quantum: There you are. Is that who you're looking for?
Tianzun: Oh, yes! Wow, thanks.
MC didn't notice them until Solomon said something. One is the existentially hazy cat girl and the other is the visually loud and kind of funky old master.

Tianzun: Oh, don't worry about me. I came to give you this. (hands over a guild alliance form)
MC: You're that girl this morning and...whomst? / HOT
---
(C) Tianzun: Wow, you're bold. Wanna go to a party with me? I'll go down any road in life! Being connected with everyone is great!
---
Tianzun: I'm Tianzun, a teacher from Umamichi. The Taoshis guildmaster asked me to come here. The young 'uns were all excited about inviting you over, and I came over because I was curious about something. Hmm, this seems like an interesting path with good experiences. So, want to join our guild? The secrets of the Tao!
MC: what

Tianzun: Hmm...call it the laws of nature? It's how I teach it. I'm the one who embodies the Tao, and I can teach you more if you join us.
MC: Sus. But I do want to see the Asakusa guys.
Tianzun: Hey, you always have a choice. All things born from the Tao are equal, whether they're winners, losers, managers, or players. Things are bigger than this city...even this world.
MC: Hey wait did you just blink in and out of existence
Tianzun: Just remember any differences you see come from your senses and perspectives. Do whatever you feel like! (hands over paper)
Quantum: Are all these papers asking for you...?
She's suddenly closer!

MC: wait what when-- / Yeah. Sorry about this morning. What's your name?

Quantum: I...must be Quantum. I'm in the elementary school section, so I guess that makes me your kouhai. I just came from Utopia, the world that isn't anywhere yet, so I don't know much yet. (stares blankly)
MC: Thanks. Also... (she seems not all there too...)
Tianzun: You just came? Oh, want to join our guild?
Quantum: You're weird. Most people have a hard time seeing me, so are you able to do that because of the Tao?
Tianzun: Yes, in the infinite Tao there is no difference between existence and nonexistence. If you go past the bounds of the world, you'll get SOMEwhere eventually.
MC: What. Wait, are you--
Quantum: I'm like that too. I don't exist until I'm observed by someone. Schrodinger's Cat. Don't worry about when you can't see me, it's just how I am. Since my existence is undefined, I've never been in a guild before...and if I was, I probably wouldn't be noticed anyways.
Tianzun: Hmmmm...what do you think, MC?
MC: Dunno, but this must be fate. Let's try it out!
Quantum: Wow, you're optimistic.
MC: How about we look into guilds together?
Quantum is surprised but smiles.

Tianzun: This is getting fun!
And that's how MC met those two.

End of Episode half

No comments:

Post a Comment