Sunday, May 14, 2023

Chapter 13 Episode 11: Transformation 2 (Abridged)

Ikebukuro Labyrinth. Shuichi is analyzing old loop data.
Shuichi: Ugh, there's so much that I can't process it all.
Moritaka: Maybe you should rest. You've been up all night.
Shuichi: I'm fine, I think I finally got the gist of the whole picture. If I understand what happened, I should have a better idea on what the three guilds are after. I'm also curious about what MC said about that Memory Fragment said. Can't stop to rest to figure what my BRRRROTHER is up to! Speaking of rest, you've been up this whole time helping me.
Moritaka: I'm okay, I train every day!
Shuichi: Oh okay. Wow, this is weird.
Moritaka: What is?
Shuichi: We go to the same dojo since forever yet this is like the first time we've really talked openly...you said your family's dead, right?

Moritaka: Yes, my mother, father, and dog are all dead. But I still have a childhood friend who is like a brother.
Shuichi: Hmm...
Moritaka: We went through so much together. He'd always keep smiling even with all the troubles he took on and work for people.
Shuichi: ...how wonderful for you.
Moritaka: Well I later found out he was ordered to assassinate me
Shuichi: wait what
Moritaka: But then we opened up to each other, became friends, and swore to not betray each other...it's thanks to him I'm able to trust people. He said he'd believe me no matter what happens.

Shuichi: ...I thought the same thing about my brother too.
Moritaka: oh
Shuichi: I thought we had something special...but then I learned there's no forever bond in the world. (looks down)
Shuichi: ...after looking at these records, I've started wondering if the World Representatives are like us. They know so much, but things they can't predict keep happening. Old feelings keep coming back to haunt us. And maybe only Gods can wish for absolutes.
Moritaka: what
Shuichi: Sorry, didn't mean to be a downer there. Just...we all have our histories. Oh, what's your friend's name?
Moritaka: Inukawa Sousuke Yoshito.

Later, Motosumi's temple
Motosumi: Okay we're here! All cool now!
Azazel: This place is still safe for now. Thank you, Taoshis.
Motosumi: No bigs. Like I said, can't let anyone attack kids. Plus we owe you guys for all your help too.
Azazel: Are you referring to the case Ryouta and Hanuman went on after we introduced them to you? Something about problems Asakusa was having with a Transient in Shibamata.
Motosumi: Yeah, Taishakuten. Our bancho fights him a lot, but we haven't seen him much lately. Now the fights are getting even more common! That's why we asked Gandharva to go talk to you. Don't know what he said, but he got Taishakuten to drop things! Holy shit that helps! So yeah, don't worry about things.
Azazel: Oh, okay. Excuse me, may I check on the children?
Motosumi: Sure, we'll take care of things. Go rest up. Also man I'm tired! We ran all the way from Shibuya! Two hours and forty minutes on foot according to google!

???: Tired, he says.
Yoshito: Get ready to shoot the target area at my command. Once they're in chaos, I'll slip in, make them betray each other, then take over the Portal. Now let's begin the oper--
Sanat Kumara: Stop. Minimize collateral, there is no need to involve the children.
Yoshito: ...why? Are you afraid of getting your hands dirty? There's no such thing as a clean revolution. Am I wrong?
Sanat: ...
Yoshito: You're an Invader. Act like it. I won't accept anyone who sits alone and won't get their hands dirty. If you want to help our revolution, prove it.
Sanat: I've...stepped away from them.
Yoshito: Okay, prove it then. Now as I was saying, begin the op--
Alice: Hi. Nighty night! The Mad Tea Party of Dreams!
The mobs go down!

Alice: Aww, look at you making new friends and leaving me behind...so you really joined the Invaders?
Sanat Kumara: ...
Alice: Any player can do whatever they want so long as they don't break the game. But as Game Masters, we have to keep it running smoothly and aren't allowed to support any one side. So, what do you have to say for yourself?
Sanat Kumara: ...nothing.
Alice: (shook)
Sanat Kumara: Our paths diverged, and now I'm an Invader.
Leanan Sidhe: Wait! What happened to you?
Sanat Kumara: ...Leanan?
Leanan: You were always aloof, but you were kind and never turned on anyone! It's why I trusted you with my heart!
Leanan sees her role as a curse. Anyone she gives her heart to and is accepted by die young, so she fears being accepted.
Leanan: You never picked a side even after fighting new people, so why!? This isn't like you!

Yoshito: ...well okay then. Sanat Kumara, can you attack your old friends?
Sanat: ...yes. I'll take care of Leanan.
Leanan: !!
Yoshito: Okay. I'll take the other two. Once we're done with that, we're moving onto the Taoshis. We can't take too long.
Alice: How bold of you to say you'll take us both alone.
Yoshito: ...I know much about you and Jambavan, Game Master Alice. Watch how my power turns your bonds against you.
Yoshito's sword activates!

Yoshito: So many people believe they alone won't turn traitor, but no one in the world has an unassailable self. Come, Sword of Treason!

Suddenly, Tokyo Cathedral
Christine: Hello, Rule Makers Guildmaster.
Karen Curren: Christine. Why are you here? And why aren't you with your Game Masters partner Alice?
Christine: How mean. You should already know she doesn't care about me and how she hired someone else to take my place. And now she's taken a big misstep. She's probably not going to have a part on stage anymore, but Leanan Sidhe looks like she'll be taken off too. So as the lead actress, I figure it's time to work harder to entertain my Master. But the management can't have me barging on stage. Anyways, I can't get in touch with Alice, so I came to inform you of things.
Curren: ...whatever, not my problem. I mean sure, us Geniuses stand higher than the Game Masters but we do not have the same intentions as Alice and the others. We're more observers than managers anyway...just like This Thing.
Curren displays her part of Mononobe's Memories on a monitor.

Christine: Oh my, what a striking likeness!
Karen Curren: You really just came to see this, didn't you?
Christine: Oh no, I would never. I know actors are supposed to be seen from a distance. But when I see him, in my heart I want to offer him a rose.
Curren: ...just watching huh? Well this thing is supposed to be like us that way. It was always watching the trophy, and it was supposed to do it at a distance like us, with no special feelings. But then Robert decided to join the field, and now Isaac is too. I'm still busy trying to figure out why, but I'll watch your program.
Chrstine: Please do, and enjoy. Things will be starting soon, and may the show our full cast put on please my Master! Hahaha!
End of Episode

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At some point characters really need to draw the line in the sand with some of this behavior. Literally being okay with murdering children and the game just glosses over it.
    Had to repost this comment.

    ReplyDelete